*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job, SI! The improvements in ME are quite obvious. Playmakers can finally send killer balls through middle, and defending performances are also much better.

This....

The engine is 10x better than the old 1 (FM12), Well done Paul C you da man.

• Administrators
Sorry if this one has already been mentioned but the bug where customised views duplicate themselves after every continue is back for me. :(

Please post that in the UI forum if you can, thanks

I'm not able to expand the match performance widget :( Basically, the only names I'm able to see are Joe hart, Kompany, Lescott, and Toure.. I'd have to scroll to see the text regarding other players. Anyone else facing this issue?

Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for all the good work.

I am still getting Crashes after the update, it happens mainly when i try to make a substitution. its very annoying... it came to that i'm afraid to make a sub because i dont want to get the game to crash. PLEASE fix it.

• Administrators
Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for all the good work.

I am still getting Crashes after the update, it happens mainly when i try to make a substitution. its very annoying... it came to that i'm afraid to make a sub because i dont want to get the game to crash. PLEASE fix it.

Can you please post a thread in our tech forums so we can look into it? They can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Wow, some of you are really special. "OMG they scored from a cross the gaem is broken!!!!11".

Some teams play with wingers and score the majority of their goals from crosses. If any of you actually watched lower league games you'd See that most goals are scored from crosses. Yes there was a problem defending crosses, but if a team chooses to play down the wing you can't complain if you concede goals from crosses.

SI, please don't nerf crossing again just because a load of kids don't recognise any other form of football other than tiki taka.

Please post that in the UI forum if you can, thanks

After a bit of investigating I realised it was just me being a bit dim, squad registration custom squad views seem to be saved in a different location to custom squad views created when in the tactics screen. I deleted all the superfluous views from squad selection that I thought I'd deleted whilst on the tactics screen and so far they haven't come back.

After playing a handful of games on the update I just want to say thank you to SI. You've just given me something to do this weekend. Play Football Manager! The ME in my opinion has improved loads since the original beta version and I have every faith it will improve again by November 2nd. The players still look like they are "moonwalking" and "ice skating" at times, that so far is the only thing that I don't like.
The ME seems to be a lot better, defending has improved , but is still pretty poor in general. Seeing a lot of examples of defenders running backwards or just staring and watching a ball roll by them when they have a chance to intercept.

Wing play in general seems better and I have finally seen Fb's tackle.

Edit: watching some games back it seems that the defenders will watch a man rather than the ball, so you see a through ball played in behind the defender, but instead of turning to gather it or attempt to clear , he will ignore the fact that the ball is 5 yards away from him and shadow the incoming attacker. Will post in bugs forum.

Agree with both. Match engine is improved but still thinks gameplay is poor...players are robotic. ME FM 2012 is much better.

Anyway thanks to SI for the effort...solve mayor bugs and improve the beta but this is still a very long way. I expect better gameplay in the ME for the day of release.

• Administrators
After a bit of investigating I realised it was just me being a bit dim, squad registration custom squad views seem to be saved in a different location to custom squad views created when in the tactics screen. I deleted all the superfluous views from squad selection that I thought I'd deleted whilst on the tactics screen and so far they haven't come back.

Ah, thanks for double checking that slipknot67 :)

One thing i have noticed after playing some more games is that fluke goals direct from crosses still appear to be happening too often. Twice in the last 3 matches i've had this happen against me, both times from really deep in the pitch with the ball bending outwards pretty radically.

Have only played 5 games since the update, but the differences are immediately obvious and so far, all welcome improvements.

In pure gameplay terms, the assortment of possibilities in crossing scenarios is great.

You still get goals from crosses (it hasn't been fixed too far the other way), but usually as a result of a better final attack on the ball from the goalscorer,rather than non-existent defence.

I've seen two great goalmouth scrambles with keepers making reflex saves and defenders launching themselves to make last ditch tackles.

On a lesser note (but equally welcome) the "persistent fouling" yellow card issue has gone, and generally I haven't seen any odd reffing decisions since the update.

Hats off SI, a great update. How does it work between now and release day? In 7 days you've made some major improvements, what happens over the next 7 days?

PLEASE PLEASE

- Make 'you have submitted an enquiry, the team will get back to you in a few days' one of the things you can tick to not show again.

- In sqaud status on the home screen, a player should not be 'trn', 'bid' and 'wnt'. If they are 'trn' then of course they are 'bid'. It is useless if they are 'wnt' by the team that has 'trn' them, only relevant for Didi Haman and Bebe.

Please fix these!

1) Noted.

2) Please raise this at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface.

UI problem (for me anyway)in the ME screen.

I pin matchday info at the top of the screen, it fits nicely into the recess in the score overlay at the top. Now whenever I access one of these matchday tabs, it unpins itself and drifts slightly down the screen obscuring the view a little. Also going into the main tactical view and coming out, moves all these matchday tabs down in a similar manner.

I don't remember this happening before the patch, is this a feature cause its bug (ing) me :)

Agree with both. Match engine is improved but still thinks gameplay is poor...players are robotic. ME FM 2012 is much better.

Anyway thanks to SI for the effort...solve mayor bugs and improve the beta but this is still a very long way. I expect better gameplay in the ME for the day of release.

To be fair I think the current ME is capable of much better looking football, it would appear it just needs tweaked in the defence department.

Edit: Just saw on bugs forum the defender ignoring the ball is a know issue and has been improved on SI's internal version. Good stuff.

It may sound odd, but I'm most pleased with the fact that once you resize the windows on split view, they don't randomly go back to default after half time or after you make a sub. Very glad that it's been fixed or at least I hope it's been fixed, my only quick test was in a random Challenge mode game, where I just made a sub straight away to see if it would change and it didn't.

This has been fixed, yes. If you do get the problem to re-surface (hopefully not!), let us know at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface.

Hi, loving the game so far, was wondering if any of you are having this issue where after a game a few players condition is too low and by the time the next game comes up it will be about 80% condition so I cant play him till the game after where hes back to 100% ish!

I have m setting so they are having rests before and after the game aswell.

Just hate not been able to play players like hamsik almost every game!

Might just be something im doing? any suggestions?

"Please Sir, I want some more...."

More of the same, sure! We have plenty of that here!!

It seems that this is getting to be the problem with Football Manager. Every year we gather around our computers around Halloween and bonfire night, eagerly awaiting this season...but not for the silly pagan-istic celebrations of witches or zombies or fireworks and reminders of what we do to those treasonous idiots who try to blow up our parliament...those butterflies in the belly aren't for those things, if you're a FM-ER...it's for the latest offering from SIgames!

And that's what we get...well, for at least the last seven or eight years now. We eagerly watch 'podcasts' lapping up all that Miles has to offer; telling us all the awesome things that we might be able to do in this latest version. Some of those cool features like sending off coaches for training and being able to change your tone with the board or journalist sounds a whole lot cooler until you get the chance to do it. Then it's just last year's or the year before's same reactions. I honestly feel like Dr. Grant and friends on the Jurassic Park tour when they showed up at the fence and the dinosaurs weren't there!

I know, I know...this is just the beta but if there were any say "Dilophosaurus" to bring out of the steamy jungle/programming room...I think we'd have seen them by now.

All we have is a lot of bumf, and the same poor match engine with a slight upgrade to the match graphics and stadiums STILL filled with Sam Raimi style-zombie looking fans...

...which is FINE! I'm just at the point now where I'm tried of getting excited for a 'whole new game' every year. Paying the price for 'a whole new game' and getting not much more than an update.

Yes the GUI has had a redesign and the way you navigate the game is different but I can't think of one thing here to justify a whole new game release or purchase.

I remember playing back in 1992 on championship manager...and then there were updates...Championship Manager 3 with updates each year etc...somewhere along the line we fell into the EA scheme of releasing the "same old shi* game" Fifa or Madden and charging the same ridiculous price you'll be paying for Halo 4 next month; a game that's been in development a hell of a lot longer than your Madden 2013.

I know, if I don't like it; I should take my balls and play somewhere else, Just don't play it, ask for a refund and failing all of that; well it's obviously my tactics!

You are free to flame me now as the witches of old or, as we are close to the 5th of Novemeber, Tie me to a stake and burn me alive for my crimes. At least I'll be $40 richer when next year comes around...of course I'll also be dead so won't make much of a difference.

Happy almost Football Manager 2010/11/12/13 release day folks!!

What exactly is it that you were expecting??

Right, different panels in the game store a different set of custom views. For example, the custom views on the Tactics panel inside a match are different to those outside a match.

Not sure if this is related to the update or if it's even a bug, but all of a sudden three of my players aren't being placed in the correct order on the 'Squad' screen. As you can see in the below screencap, I have them ranked primarily by their 'Pkd' status and secondarily by their position (the default setting), yet for some reason three of my outfield players are listed above my goalkeepers. If I double click on the 'Pkd' icon they revert to their correct descending order, but as soon as I leave the screen that's undone and those three out of place players are listed above my GKs again. Annoying.

Screencap.

Please post this at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface.

Also noticing good things like:

Play is less perfect. I'm seeing overhit passes at close range leading to scrambled 50:50 challenges.

Bad crosses - all crosses seemed effective in the previous version, so flawed football is good to see.

Similar to above - shots from distance (didn't see many in the previous engine) that fly way wide. This is realistic, thanks!

To be fair I think the current ME is capable of much better looking football, it would appear it just needs tweaked in the defence department.

Edit: Just saw on bugs forum the defender ignoring the ball is a know issue and has been improved on SI's internal version. Good stuff.

Yeah i think this year ME have a lot of potential. I know what they (SI) want with this kind of ME...a more dynamic gameplay differents goals...basic idea is really good but still a lot of work to do.

My english is really bad and i don´t know how to say this but players in the ME move like....sliding? slipping? in the field. Ball movement is better with this update but still sometimes is like a beach ball...

Step by step i guess! It´s beta and they are improving the game quick.

Have the photographers next to the goal disappeared for anyone else? I still have the microphone boom and shadows for the photographers but not the photographers themselves, and I haven't done any playing around with skins or matchday graphics. I do want to see if anyone else has the same before going around calling it a bug though

Can you sign players from rival clubs without buying the cheat for it? What about non-fierce rivals? In real life you can so you should be able to in the game as well. Van Persie transfered, Cassano and Pazzini transfered...

I'm playing FM11 and one of the problems I'm running into is that Atletico is buying my homegrown players after I sell them to other clubs. I am barcelona and we are non fierce rivals. I sell my youths once they get Club homegrown status because I only have fully developed players in my squad (usually 26-32). I don't mind Atletico buying my players but as long as I can buy them back later. I dont even care about money, I'm willing to hit the 71M release clause of one of my players but he wont even go into negotiations with me. Even though he is barcelona grown and has me as Favoured Personal. In real life obviosly a barca homegrown would be happy to get back to Barca, specially if I'm willing to tripple his wage.

I think this is reasonable to ask because I'm not asking for Messi to sign for madrid or something crazy like that. I have my own homegrown player that is a Regen and he has me as one of his favorite people but still wont go into contract talks.

• SI Staff
Hi, loving the game so far, was wondering if any of you are having this issue where after a game a few players condition is too low and by the time the next game comes up it will be about 80% condition so I cant play him till the game after where hes back to 100% ish!

How many games have you played? How often are you playing games? Is this during the season or during pre-season?

The new scout report has it's improvements but the dumbed down reporting on a player's personality is a big downside for me. On FM12 you would get a comparison against your current squad to give you extra information, i.e. "your squad is ambitious and x player would fit in well". Am I missing somewhere that this additional information is supplied or is it now just left out?

The same applies for the attributes strengths / weaknesses where you now just get one response from your scout but could previously get two or three.

Yup, this is the exact same as pre-patch.

After a match almost every player will be between 85-95%. After two or three you will need to rest every player pretty much, otherwise their condition will eventually get into the low 80's/high 70's which will cause a lot of injuries. These players are professional athlete's, they do not get tired after a couple of matches, especially after a day of rest before and after matches.

It's really irritating that you cannot replicate real life and stick with the same team for a long period of matches, squad rotation should always be a factor in management, but when it's forced after 1 or 2 matches it's more of a bug than good design if you ask me.

And this is all the time, it isn't just at the beginning or at the tail end of the season. Stamina and natural fitness appear to have little impact on it as well.

• Administrators
The new scout report has it's improvements but the dumbed down reporting on a player's personality is a big downside for me. On FM12 you would get a comparison against your current squad to give you extra information, i.e. "your squad is ambitious and x player would fit in well". Am I missing somewhere that this additional information is supplied or is it now just left out?

The same applies for the attributes strengths / weaknesses where you now just get one response from your scout but could previously get two or three.

Make your scout watch the player for a few matches and a larger report will be created.

Make your scout watch the player for a few matches and a larger report will be created.

Ah, excellent thanks. Previously a better scout would do this with just the report. What about players who don't play "real games", i.e. in unloaded countries. Will the game sim games that the scout can watch the player at and I'll still get the expanded report?

How many games have you played? How often are you playing games? Is this during the season or during pre-season?

Hi, I have played 14 games in the league so far and 6 europa league games, I often rest big players for the europa league such as hamsik and cavani etc so sometimes even with a week off some players will be knackered such as the 2 above and some will be perfectly fine even when they had a midweek fixture. Cant understand if im doing something wrong or not, but just never had this issue on FM 12

• SI Staff
Hi, I have played 14 games in the league so far and 6 europa league games, I often rest big players for the europa league such as hamsik and cavani etc so sometimes even with a week off some players will be knackered such as the 2 above and some will be perfectly fine even when they had a midweek fixture. Cant understand if im doing something wrong or not, but just never had this issue on FM 12

What is your training intensity set too? Players should be fine weekend to weekend. We made a slight tweak so players wouldn't be able to play 3 games a week over the course of the season comfortably.

I'm really enjoying the match engine since the update. It feels far less erratic and more realistic. The only thing I would say has struck me as quite odd is the amount of world class saves being made by goalkeepers, which is especially notable as i'm in League 2. But even so, that's a minor complaint. Great work, SI!

Right, have now played 8 games since the update, and have to say I am very impressed, hardly any problems with defenders not even trying to defend cross's, goalkeepers now actually try and come out to through balls, and the ball doesn't blast through the net when a goal is scored.

For me this is now the best out of the box (and it's not really even that yet) match engine.

Apologies for these small posts, but I keep seeing little details that I like.

Latest is a shot from distance by the opposition "Player X didn't mean that!". The ball swerved like hell, and all the keeper could do was flick a wrist and parry it wide.

I truly believe that this engine is revealing details like this which weren't in earlier versions. I have been drinking beer though.

Have the photographers next to the goal disappeared for anyone else? I still have the microphone boom and shadows for the photographers but not the photographers themselves, and I haven't done any playing around with skins or matchday graphics. I do want to see if anyone else has the same before going around calling it a bug though
Seems like it was only one game, but now I have 1 photographer at each end sat in the advertising hoardings, with them growing out of him

Archived