*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Backroom staff in fm has always been STUPID. I have NEVER seen a positive impact from any staff member in FM.

Now we can give a lot of tasks to the DoF;

the idea is very good,

BUT the DoF is exactly the same as all other staff members = no matter who it is, no matter what reputation, no matter what kind of attributes --> he only creates CHAOS if you give him any task !!!

I've found him pretty useless, I've read some stuff here and elsewhere saying that the AI squad management is still.......questionable. Given that I would think the same AI routines that govern AI player procurement will govern who your DoF tries to sign for you , it's not surprising that he is useless at the moment.

Would love to have the proper Football Manager mode font increase even if by 1 point all around, with people these days having bigger and bigger monitors the text size is a bit ridiculous to say the least. However the font size in classic mode is damn perfect. So 50% there I guess :)

Raise it on the bugs forum and we'll look into it. Are you sure the youth players aren't showing up for those teams B-Teams rather than reserve/U18s?

The reserve and youth teams are both full of greyed out players, save the odd player here or there in the reserves.

Would love to have the proper Football Manager mode font increase even if by 1 point all around, with people these days having bigger and bigger monitors the text size is a bit ridiculous to say the least. However the font size in classic mode is damn perfect. So 50% there I guess :)

I guess this shows the problems with different opinions, because I've got a 27" monitor, and I find the font perfect in FM and too large in FMC. I think the option is to have customisable font sizes? Surely if we have a dynamic UI that adapts to a monitor size, then we can change the font size which would just add or increase boxes on the UI?

I can't get on page 19 of this thread for some reason..

Anyway, a few people have already posted this in here. But the squad screens really are looking mis-matched/ hard to look at on FM13. Because of all the different bar colours.. it's all dark grey when no players are selected & 2 different colours for when a player is selected, and when a player is a selected substitute.

uj8vG.jpg

I keep thinking I've got some players selected/highlighted (the tick icon next to their names ticked)

Anyway, a few people have already posted this in here. But the squad screens really are looking mis-matched/ hard to look at on FM13. Because of all the different bar colours.. it's all dark grey when no players are selected & 2 different colours for when a player is selected, and when a player is a selected substitute.

uj8vG.jpg

That is the most annoying thing about the new UI for me.

That and the decision to do away with the mini calendar at the top of the page.

overviewgh.jpg

It was perfectly functional, took up no space, you could tell instantly where you were in relation to upcoming fixtures. Why get rid of it???? Yeah I know it's still one click or hover away but it's still one click or hover that I didn't have to do in FM2012.

I do think some people need to learn what a beta is, too many people are claiming they wasted there money or Si is ruining the game despite the fact the fact what they have is a test version in the game. This doesn't mean the game will actually have the same bugs/glitches when we actually play the game.

And people complaining about buying it, should really have looked up what a beta is, I've seen far worse "top end" games in beta know about certain glitches and not even try to fix them, atleast SI is.

uj8vG.jpg

I keep thinking I've got some players selected/highlighted (the tick icon next to their names ticked)

Make a selection and keep the defaulting sorting (primary on Pkd, secondary on Position) and it should look like this:

gUmhu.png

I think it's pretty good. Would probably be good to allow users to disable it though, seeing how some may want to sort differently.

I do think some people need to learn what a beta is, too many people are claiming they wasted there money or Si is ruining the game despite the fact the fact what they have is a test version in the game. This doesn't mean the game will actually have the same bugs/glitches when we actually play the game.

And people complaining about buying it, should really have looked up what a beta is, I've seen far worse "top end" games in beta know about certain glitches and not even try to fix them, atleast SI is.

They may claim this to be a Beta, but its 2 weeks until release. Hardly your normal Beta is it? More like a head-start. Do you expect the ME and UI to be fully fixed before release? Its not the small bugs that is the main problem. Its the fact that they have fundamentally altered a game which was already great, and not for the better mostly.

They may claim this to be a Beta, but its 2 weeks until release. Hardly your normal Beta is it? More like a head-start. Do you expect the ME and UI to be fully fixed before release? Its not the small bugs that is the main problem. Its the fact that they have fundamentally altered a game which was already great, and not for the better mostly.

What proof do you have to back up any of that? SI are working round the clock on this - Miles has said his next day off (including weekends) is mid-December. There's plenty of man hours left to get things fixed and ironed out.

In 2 weeks I expect the ME to be improved, I highly doubt it'll ever be perfect.

The majority of the game is based on personal opinions, so based on that note; In your opinion it's not for the better, I find the game a heck of alot more better; however this doesn't mean that the game is brilliant. It means my gamestyle suits the game.

Make a selection and keep the defaulting sorting (primary on Pkd, secondary on Position) and it should look like this:

I think it's pretty good. Would probably be good to allow users to disable it though, seeing how some may want to sort differently.

Ah, yeah I can see it looks pretty good like that.

But I've always prefered to have squads organised by position, not selection.

Ok. The transfer news is messed up. I am playing as Chelsea and in last week of Oct 2012. I just saw for a few seconds in the news column when the dates are being processed that Wayne Rooney said 'Come and get me plea to <me>' and i was like what? I check my news panel and nothing about it. I check out rooney and he is unhappy and has been listed along with young with utd languishing in 10th position. Even though I won't be getting him, I would want news like this to come my inbox.

Transfers are still very annoying.

Just had a bid of 22 mio. € for Santon rejected as Manchester United so I withdrew from negotiations because I didn't want to pay over the odds for the players.

One week later I read transfer news "Manchester City signs Santon for 16,25 mio. €", seriously?

This is still going on in the game where opposition clubs can offer a lot less then you and get their bid accepted while your higher bid got rejected?

So annoying.

Started of playing the full version of FM and enjoyed it, not a massive fan of the skin but I am enjoying the gameplay (aside from the already raised bugs), just started having a play around with FMC and love the skin wish it had the same one for the Full FM. Not really got that far into it yet just a few days in.

One question on the FMC front though is how do you set your Assistant to arrange and take control of Friendlies? Looked everywhere but in the right place it seems!!

Transfers are still very annoying.

Just had a bid of 22 mio. € for Santon rejected as Manchester United so I withdrew from negotiations because I didn't want to pay over the odds for the players.

One week later I read transfer news "Manchester City signs Santon for 16,25 mio. €", seriously?

This is still going on in the game where opposition clubs can offer a lot less then you and get their bid accepted while your higher bid got rejected?

So annoying.

Did you have any time limit on the bid? I've noticed in both FM11 and 12 that if you put a time limit that some bids wouldn't be accepted because the team feel as if you're pressurising them and then lower bids are accepted by other teams. If I then bid that lower amount without a time frame then it was possible for that to be accepted.

does anyone have the feeling that all teams are equal. it seems it doesn't have any difference wheter you play barcelona or gijon..you can destroy barcelona 3-0 and then next game you can be destroyed against gijon..this is ridicilous. what ever you do tactic wise seems not to work..i tried about 5 different tactics and it's always the same. you never know how the game will play out, you can play against some minnows at home and not be able to count on sure victory and that's with playing as real madrid ffs..this new ME is really really bad.

Yeah this game is all about luck and have nothing to do with what team you use or what tactic :D I have tried diffrent teams and diffrent tactics and told players to mark other players but it does not matter what i do i can loose anyway.

And if i ask a player to do something on the pitch it seems like he act all ******** and dont understand anything and just run around out there :D

If the game is even close to the beta with all this poor defending and goalkeeping and that it does not matter what team you are or what players you have, i will throw it in the trashcan when i get it on the release day:mad:

Did you have any time limit on the bid? I've noticed in both FM11 and 12 that if you put a time limit that some bids wouldn't be accepted because the team feel as if you're pressurising them and then lower bids are accepted by other teams. If I then bid that lower amount without a time frame then it was possible for that to be accepted.

Nope I just pulled out of negotiations because they weren't moving anymore and I wasn't willing to pay twice is market value.

I was just wondering whats the difference between the beta and the real game ?? and what will be different . Cheers folks !!!

Fixes for the problems that people have found in the beta and SI have had the time to address will be the difference.

Hey guys do you remember the "Destroy Team" button in FMRTE ??

---> The DoF is doing exactly the same and I can't stop him!!

eg.:

- He accepts 0€ bids on players like balotelli that I put on TL with remark:"sell for transfer value" !!!

- He takes my assistant manager away and makes him head of youth dev.

- He hires a ridiculously bad ass.man. instead.

my FM13 Beta interpretation: the game is a total chaos !!!

OK, I've taken a slightly different approach to most people I'd imagine - the most crucial aspect of this game for me is the longer term aspects as I love playing career games, and often with some of the more unfamiliar leagues. So far therefore all I've done is stick the game on holiday mode and analyse what happens over the long term - I haven't yet played a single actual game!!!

There are 4 crucial aspects of the game therefore where I'm looking for improvements:

* AI Squad Building - do the major teams in each league deteriorate over time. In previous incarnations of the game the top teams would get weaker within 5 or 6 seasons and wouldn't replace aging stars

* Variety of league and competition winners - in 30 years time in real life there will be some variation of the teams at the top of leagues around the world. So I'm looking for somebody other than the obvious teams to start lifting some trophies

* Financial stability - in previous games within 7 or 8 years you'd be approached by teams offerring you transfer budgets of £200m+ because their bank balances have rocketed

* Ability to pay big money to sign aging stars into leagues with lower reputations i.e. Drogba and Anelka to China, Eto'o to Russia and Beckham to the US

So far I've holidayed to 2030 and thought I'd share my initial views:

AI Squad Building

* Most of the major teams do have a squad with a better age balance than in previous games, there are plenty of 20 - 23 year olds who are getting game time, although still not as much as the older players in the 30-33 year old bracket

* I've analysed all of the leading transfers to check that none of them have been stupid deals for players who are already in their mid 30's - and most of them are fine with players currently in mid to late 20's as you would expect

* I've also analysed a couple of the major English clubs transfers going back for the last 10 years and whilst there are some who were bought in for large sums and then barely played (mistakes happen in real life after all - Bebe anybody!) these are fewer than I've seen in previous versions and those players who don't get games do get moved on within a few seasons and normally for transfer fee's that are circa 60-75% of the fee originally payed.

* The overall number of transfers into the big clubs is much lower - 3 or 4 players per season max. Again I think this is more in line with reality?

Conclusion - looks much better than previous versions, but not perfect

Variety of competition winners* This is disappointing - very little variation at the top in the first 17 years. Nobody outside Man Utd / City / Arsenal / Chelsea / Tottenham has finished in the Top 3 in the Premier League (desptie Stoke getting a sugar daddy and spending hundreds of millions)

* Juventus have won all but 2 of the Serie A

* R Madrid and Barcelona have won all but 2 of the Liga BBVA (the other 2 went to Valencia)

* Worryingly English clubs have won 12 of the 17 Champions league trophies

Conclusion - Not looking good, very similar if not worse than previous versions - however it's still early days

Financial Stability

* This looks a lot better, with most teams still with sensible bank balances and transfer budgets. In fact Man Utd have a negative balance of £46m in 2030 and are on a downwards trajectory. Man City are only being kept in the black thanks to constant injections of funds by the chairman

* Even abroad, most teams seem to be on a pretty even keel with no stupid balances - Real Madrid have a bank balance of £86m in 2030

* The one exception to this is Barcelona, who have been on a constant upward trend. In 2030 they have a bank balance of a whopping £630m. This is so out of kilter with the other clubs that I can only guess that this is a bug with the set up for Barcelona??????

Conclusion - looking much, much better. Hope the Barcelona issue is a bug which can be easily fixed?

Stars moving abroad

* At the start of the save I set up a manager for Los Angeles Galaxy, Anji (Russia) and Guanghzou (China). There were plenty of unemployed stars willing to talk to LA Galaxy, this felt right. Only a small number would talk to Anji (but I was able to do a big money deal with Thomas Hitzelsperger) but nobody would even open up discussions with Guanghzou

* Over the last 17 years there have been a good handful of players who've moved to the US to a variety of clubs to end their careers their - this feels like just the right number. For example Javier Pastore went to New York, Falcao went to Seattle, Karim Benzema went to San Jose

* No players that I would consider to be in the same class as Drogba, Eto'o or Anelka have moved to Chinese or Russian clubs

Conclusion - An improvement on the stars moving to the US, but no sign of any stars willing to open discussions with Russian or Chinese sides. Can SI look at doing whatever they've done to the US teams to the Russians and Chinese please?

I'm going to holiday a bit further and understand whether any of these trends change further into the game, but so far I'd give a score of 6.5/10 for the improvements that I personally had been looking for in the game - it's definitely better than FM12 but isn't quite as good as I'd hoped it might be.

EDIT: One final point - the International manager bug from previous versions appears to have been resolved - no more 'nobodies' being appointed as England manager, at least not yet in my game

That was a really good read, thanks for sharing. One thing missing was a review on newgens, how do they shape up in your save?

I'm struggling with this version in all honesty.

I'm finding FMC a bit weird to the point where I don't want to play it but, due to recent fatherhood for the first time, was really looking forward to playing. Fog of War put's me off it straight away as it adds a little bit of extra clicking and "days" of scouting where you would have thought not necessary as it defeats the object of simplicity of that version. It also looks and feels a bit too different from the main game whereby, in my opinion, I would have thought the ideal way to go with it is to just create an almost carbon copy of the main game with just bit's stripped out. It feels too much of a seperate game. Even the attributes screens just don't look like FM. Just wrong, plain wrong.

The main game's GUI is also weird to the point of confusion. I'm finding the player attributes/profile screen with the various report screens far too confusing. I like the fact you can click on a different position and get an updated position recommendation but dislike the new scout report screen. I felt the old screen was better and more useful - easier to read.

I'm fed up of having to click twice to get to the Transfer/Scouting options, similar to FM12. Can we not just have all of the options either on one screen or on a tree like system on much older FM's?

The scouting option(s) is/are a bit weird also. It just feels like a new feature has been dumped into th egame with little thought on how to do it properly. I like the idea of a chief scout and I like where the idea is going. I's like it to be presented a bit better.

The skin hurts my eyes after only more than roughly half hour worth of game time. It tires the eyes out to the point where I want to turn it off. Overall, i'm finding it very hard to navigate around the menu's as easily as I have done in past versions. It's a bit like downloading a very different skin to a past game and just feeling lost.

The Match Day experience - I would like to be able to set/change a player role when making a substitution. From what i've done so far, you have to make the sub then click elsewhere to change the role of the player. I want to do it as and when I change the player. Please advise if this option is already available because I can't find it.

I am sorry, but the game is nearly unplayable at this point.. I put so much time and effort into tactics and player scouting and then I concede 5 goals in the next match.. I am sure it will be patched and fixed but people who say it is only a beta; in two weeks SI will not be able t fix this, are they?

Hey guys do you remember the "Destroy Team" button in FMRTE ??

eg.:

- He accepts 0€ bids on players like balotelli that I put on TL with remark:"sell for transfer value" !!!

Is it Dennis Wise? :D seriously, please report this in the bugs forum.

OK, I've taken a slightly different approach to most people I'd imagine - the most crucial aspect of this game for me is the longer term aspects as I love playing career games, and often with some of the more unfamiliar leagues. So far therefore all I've done is stick the game on holiday mode and analyse what happens over the long term - I haven't yet played a single actual game!!!

There are 4 crucial aspects of the game therefore where I'm looking for improvements...

Great post. Maybe someone should post up a FM2013 long-term experiment save thread in the "Experiments" forum to try some more tests? I know I'd be up for helping to paint a picture of how the new game might work out for long-term career saves.

In praise of the latest incarnation of FM: It's taken a while to adjust from FM12 which I really enjoyed, and obviously while there are some things that need to be adjusted, particularly defensively within the ME, I'm really beginning to like the look and feel of the new game, especially overall the ME looks much better and I'm loving watching my Spurs team weave lovely triangular patterns of passing all over the pitch.

Looking forward to the full version in November! Thanks for your hard work SI!

Are you viewing this via the 'detail level' screen in a game you've already started? If so it's a cosmetic issue which will be fixed for release and you can ignore it. Thanks.

Yes Neil,

I start the game with 4 star speed estimation and after the 10th week of the season, detail level shows half a star.

I understand it's cosmetic issue but even performance wise, i am struggling time to time.. There are moments in the game where it's takes quite a long time to process. usually after the game ends where the scores are processing. Does not happen every week but time to time.. Also, let's say I want to sub a player during the game, it takes few seconds when I scroll the new player's shirt number onto the player i want to take out in the tactic field.

I know my current laptop is 5 years old (Dual Core 2 - 2.20 GHZ - 3 MB RAM) but can we say FM 2013 is slower compared to 12?

I will get a new laptop this week ( ICore 7, 3.30, 6 MB RAM) and I want to know these problems occur because my system is not so good rather than the game so it will be worth to invest in new laptop.

Thanks.

I'm struggling with this version in all honesty.

The main game's GUI is also weird to the point of confusion. I'm finding the player attributes/profile screen with the various report screens far too confusing. I like the fact you can click on a different position and get an updated position recommendation but dislike the new scout report screen. I felt the old screen was better and more useful - easier to read.

I'm fed up of having to click twice to get to the Transfer/Scouting options, similar to FM12. Can we not just have all of the options either on one screen or on a tree like system on much older FM's?

The scouting option(s) is/are a bit weird also. It just feels like a new feature has been dumped into th egame with little thought on how to do it properly. I like the idea of a chief scout and I like where the idea is going. I's like it to be presented a bit better.

The skin hurts my eyes after only more than roughly half hour worth of game time. It tires the eyes out to the point where I want to turn it off. Overall, i'm finding it very hard to navigate around the menu's as easily as I have done in past versions. It's a bit like downloading a very different skin to a past game and just feeling lost.

Pretty much this, I think this UI is going to take some getting used to. Matchdays are strange for me too, as I always had it on the 'overview' screen in classic mode (not tv) with switching from the pitch to the overview screen when there was no highlights. It doesn't even switch to the pitch from the overview screen when highlights are happening now, it stays on whatever matchday tab I click it on.

Yeah, I don't like the new player reports screen either.

I don't know why they changed screens like the reports screen, and players information screen etc. I felt there was nothing wrong with the old ones, and I don't like the new ones.

Some of the other new screens, such as the League profile overview, are nice though. I also love the new inbox layout.

Ok. The transfer news is messed up. I am playing as Chelsea and in last week of Oct 2012. I just saw for a few seconds in the news column when the dates are being processed that Wayne Rooney said 'Come and get me plea to <me>' and i was like what? I check my news panel and nothing about it. I check out rooney and he is unhappy and has been listed along with young with utd languishing in 10th position. Even though I won't be getting him, I would want news like this to come my inbox.

Could you raise this in the bugs forum please? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/297-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

There are 4 crucial aspects of the game therefore where I'm looking for improvements:

* AI Squad Building - do the major teams in each league deteriorate over time. In previous incarnations of the game the top teams would get weaker within 5 or 6 seasons and wouldn't replace aging stars

* Variety of league and competition winners - in 30 years time in real life there will be some variation of the teams at the top of leagues around the world. So I'm looking for somebody other than the obvious teams to start lifting some trophies

* Financial stability - in previous games within 7 or 8 years you'd be approached by teams offerring you transfer budgets of £200m+ because their bank balances have rocketed

* Ability to pay big money to sign aging stars into leagues with lower reputations i.e. Drogba and Anelka to China, Eto'o to Russia and Beckham to the US

So far I've holidayed to 2030 and thought I'd share my initial views:

AI Squad Building

* Most of the major teams do have a squad with a better age balance than in previous games, there are plenty of 20 - 23 year olds who are getting game time, although still not as much as the older players in the 30-33 year old bracket

* I've analysed all of the leading transfers to check that none of them have been stupid deals for players who are already in their mid 30's - and most of them are fine with players currently in mid to late 20's as you would expect

* I've also analysed a couple of the major English clubs transfers going back for the last 10 years and whilst there are some who were bought in for large sums and then barely played (mistakes happen in real life after all - Bebe anybody!) these are fewer than I've seen in previous versions and those players who don't get games do get moved on within a few seasons and normally for transfer fee's that are circa 60-75% of the fee originally payed.

* The overall number of transfers into the big clubs is much lower - 3 or 4 players per season max. Again I think this is more in line with reality?

Conclusion - looks much better than previous versions, but not perfect

Variety of competition winners* This is disappointing - very little variation at the top in the first 17 years. Nobody outside Man Utd / City / Arsenal / Chelsea / Tottenham has finished in the Top 3 in the Premier League (desptie Stoke getting a sugar daddy and spending hundreds of millions)

* Juventus have won all but 2 of the Serie A

* R Madrid and Barcelona have won all but 2 of the Liga BBVA (the other 2 went to Valencia)

* Worryingly English clubs have won 12 of the 17 Champions league trophies

Conclusion - Not looking good, very similar if not worse than previous versions - however it's still early days

QUOTE]

Respectfully, you act as if any clubs other than United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have a chance at winning the Premier League in real life. Don't get me started on La Liga. Might as well call it the Barcelona/Real Madrid league...the least competitive of the world's top leagues. Again, it seems that FM is just reflecting reality.

The issue of English clubs winning most of the Champions leagues is an issue if that is really happening on a consistent basis. As is Juventus winning all but one Serie As as the Italian league is pretty competitive.

The issue of English clubs winning most of the Champions leagues is an issue if that is really happening on a consistent basis. As is Juventus winning all but one Serie As as the Italian league is pretty competitive.

Well considering that the English teams dominated the Quarters/Semis for about three or four years in a row not too long back and it was the one/two non-English teams who won, this also isn't that far out of left field.

I can't fathom why people moan about a beta. I mean seriously what is happening with FM gamers. I don't mean to stereotype but I do think the majority of the whingers are newcomers. Surely it's not hard to work out that a beta = a very rough version of what the game is going to be. You've already pre ordered the game so you get the beta for free and anything you find can be put in the proper forum and that will be looked at. Lets all stick together and iron out any problems between us. The customer support from SI is the best I have ever come across. I mean jesus you can actually speak to Miles yourself, if it's on here or on twitter he will actually respond to you. Let's all stick together here and support the team and the fact we have a new ME which is going to take a little time to tweak.

Here is my overall feedback after many hours playing the beta. Firstly, in general I am very impressed so far with what I've experienced.

- I really like the new match engine (although it does make defenders look like donkeys with the turning circle of a battleship).

- Although it takes a while to adjust to, the new skin/layout is quite nice and easy to use (mostly).

- Really like the new depth of scout reports.

- Etc, etc... liking the new features and more in depth experience

However, I have a few of pointers about improvements or things I am not a fan of:

- Although I like all the new staff roles available, it is quite a lot to deal with if taking over a large club. I'm a manager that likes to come in and bring in better staff, but to do that at a top club is quite intensive with all the different positions you need to fill.

- Personally I have never changed my tone in a pre or post match conference from calm, maybe I will soon enough but thus far I haven't.

- I'm not a fan of the new training, so much so I assign it to my assistant to deal with.

- Whilst the new skin/layout is good, it does feel a bit "clunky". For example, to get the player attributes box to appear by hovering over the "i" by the player name is quite fiddly on the tactics page.

- During a match I would possibly like an "undo last" button on the "Make Substitution" pop-up box. Right now this is not there, so if I change my mind on subs, I have to cancel out and click on make substitution again.

- The match ball physics is sometimes a bit erratic, for example if a player rifles a shot from 5 yards the ball bounces back off the net a long way - sometimes going through the side netting.

- I don't see the point in the showing highlights of the first and last 10 seconds of the match

- I also have a technical issue when I exit the game. I always get an error message "...encountered a problem and shut down program"... "Send error report", "Don't send" etc... This happens after I have exited, and the game has shut down so I don't lose any of progress but its something I thought you should know.

I realise that these points are probably a bit insignificant in the grand scheme of things. After all you have included a host of new features, and I am impressed with most of them.

- The match ball physics is sometimes a bit erratic, for example if a player rifles a shot from 5 yards the ball bounces back off the net a long way - sometimes going through the side netting.

i hate that to

when you score a goal,ball bounce of the net like it hit the wall or something...that just look awful....i wish they repair that in full game

Do you remember the "Destroy Team" button in FMRTE ??

eg.:

Archived