Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Andy.

His playing style suits West Hams and I hope it works out for him. Can't fault the effort he shown on the pitch when wearing Red. Pity we deemed his services at 35m when 15m is about right. Glad we have got this over and done with earlier as it will allow us to get a replacement in so he gets a full pre season under his belt with the team.

Good luck to Andy.

His playing style suits West Hams and I hope it works out for him. Can't fault the effort he shown on the pitch when wearing Red. Pity we deemed his services at 35m when 15m is about right. Glad we have got this over and done with earlier as it will allow us to get a replacement in so he gets a full pre season under his belt with the team.

Here here

good luck Andy just wasn't suited to us not his fault kd and dc were like drunks at closing time when we bought him. He will do well at west ham as he will be the main man.

Sell and replace Downing, experienced LB for cover for when Jose decides he wants to be ****, experienced CB and new 1st choice CB and ill be happy. Anything after that will be a bonus.

IF Martinez decides to stay with Wigan, I'd love Suso/Shelvey to go there on loan for a year. 1st team football in a team with a similar style will be hugely benifical.

if we get him and the other centreback to arrive is young and vocal,

If only Rodgers had past experience managing a young, vocal centre back, with Premier League experience, who was available on a free...

Who is this papa guy? I never heard of him and dont really play football manager. Is he good on the ball and pacey? £15 million for Carroll I would happily take that but think Carroll wants to stay atLiverpool and prove he is worth a place in the squad.

I think Danny Rose is a good left back from what I have seen, certainly good enough as back up. I think Glen Johnson will be sold if a big offer comes in for him. I am just pleased we seem to be getting our business done early this year.

Who is this papa guy? I never heard of him and dont really play football manager. Is he good on the ball and pacey? £15 million for Carroll I would happily take that but think Carroll wants to stay atLiverpool and prove he is worth a place in the squad.

I think Danny Rose is a good left back from what I have seen, certainly good enough as back up. I think Glen Johnson will be sold if a big offer comes in for him. I am just pleased we seem to be getting our business done early this year.

I've never signed him on FM, think i've signed the Sokratis one...

But in real life he reminds me a bit of Phil Jones, but is more of a settled defender positionally. He's got a gurn on him too.

Would love it if we signed him, and Tour's experience would be vital to our team.

When you consider what we've lost over the past two years experience wise it's good to see us linked with such a shrewd signing. He'd be great to have around the squad, even if he doesn't play much.

As for Carroll, i like him and if i was the manager i'd keep him! But he was always going to leave the current set up, and to get this amount of money for him is a great result. He'll be a top player for West Ham, as he has been already.

7 goals isn't really the mark of a top player. We've mugged off West Ham to get an offer of 15m for him. Pity we were stupid enough to part with over double that in the first place. Actually still makes me as angry now as I was the day he signed. Catastrophe.

7 goals isn't really the mark of a top player. We've mugged off West Ham to get an offer of 15m for him. Pity we were stupid enough to part with over double that in the first place. Actually still makes me as angry now as I was the day he signed. Catastrophe.
Same here regarding the fee, so annoying to think of the money we wasted.

But as far as how good he is, i don't judge him solely on goals scored. You see a lot of West Hams goals and most are down to him in some way, even if he doesn't score them.

Yeah, he is as good as gone, just think he is waiting to see if Newcastle bid.

A couple of articles are seemingly suggesting it is not certain he wants to leave which means he is either thick, or he wants to sit on the bench and keep earning the big bucks at Liverpool instead. Either way it is a cluster if he does not see the light.

I must have been watching a different Kolo Toure to the one getting slated above?

Him and Nastasic looked pretty solid when they played together this season. Also, are you expecting him to come in as a first choice centre half? He'd be back up, pure and simple.

Hope Carroll leaves, be nice to see the back of the big oaf. Biggest joke of a transfer I have, and will ever see.

If he's a back up you don't give him 50k for three years. 40 at an absolute push, with a single year with an option for another. We're building a team, not finding stopgaps that we need to replace in a season or two anyway. A long-term replacement for Skrtel is needed, and as a back-up I really don't see the point of him ahead of Kelly/Wisdom.

If he's a back up you don't give him 50k for three years. 40 at an absolute push, with a single year with an option for another. We're building a team, not finding stopgaps that we need to replace in a season or two anyway. A long-term replacement for Skrtel is needed, and as a back-up I really don't see the point of him ahead of Kelly/Wisdom.
Like i said, i think you need an experienced character in the dressing room, and one to bring the likes of Wisdom and Kelly through within the playing staff. He'll do a job when he plays too.

If we sign Papadopoulos then he's the Skrtel replacement. Wisdom, Kelly, Papadopolous, Agger, Toure seems like a good balance to me.

no way we should give toure a 3 year contract, i'm not even sure we should give him a 1 year tbh. not sold on him at all, he hasn't looked fit whenever i've seen him. if he's on a short contract to bolster the squad than i'm a not dead set against it, we'll see.

good price for carroll. bit worried this injury might put a spanner in the works though. hope newcastle come in with a bid too as i get a feeling thats what he's holding out to see first. wish him all the best when he does go, can't fault his desire to help the team when he put the shirt on.

really happy the club seems to be getting its **** together quickly in terms of preparation for next season.

SAY NO TO KOLO!

Not at all the kind of player I want at the club. Would much rather invest the money in the future, for backup players, or buy a genuine first-team centre-half.

If we bring Papadopolous in, which seems likely, then for me it's just a case of whether or not he's going to be automatic choice. Ideally, I'd like Agger + 1, then have Papadopolous, Kelly and Wisdom pushing for games, in that order.

If Papadopolous is first choice, then Agger + Papa, then Kelly, Wisdom and one other (in that order).

I'm assuming Skrtel is going.

Archived