Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

BTW, If we score 2 against QPR it will be our 2nd highest goals tally in the Premier League era (77 in 2008 is our highest). Though there are only 3 Premier league seasons where we have conceded more. :eek:

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we keep this years form, but manage to turn the home losses against Villa, West Brom in to wins, and the away at West Brom and Southampton in to wins, we're on course to be a decent outfit in the mix for fourth. Not to mention the draws against some poor teams.

All we need is a new defence and defensive set up.

Next season could be very interesting in terms of the race for the top 4. Man Utd, Chelsea, probably Man City getting new managers, Spurs not looking good enough if they lose Bale. That kind of instability could work out very well for us. Having said that, i'm still not convinced we'll be a top 4 side until 2014/15 at the earliest. I think the players we've got need a bit more time to mature, grow in confidence and learn how to win games when we're the better team. I also think Rodgers has more to learn about his team selection and set-up, mainly that using players out of their best position does not work 90% of the time. Plus we'll have our own instability with getting a new backline. Next season will be better than this one, but I reckon our league standing will only improve by one or two places.

BTW, If we score 2 against QPR it will be our 2nd highest goals tally in the Premier League era (77 in 2008 is our highest). Though there are only 3 Premier league seasons where we have conceded more. :eek:

We acheived our highest ever tally of away goals with the 2nd today aswell.

Sturridge is by far the most egotistical, unprofessional non-team player we've had for years. Everything he touched yesterday went to ****. Mainly down to him being an average footballer, but more to him not laying it off to players in a better position to score. You could tell he wanted to be 'the man' and win the derby. Problem is Daniel, you're not good enough. Coutinho should refuse to pass to him and Brednan give him a good dressing down.

qft. :D :D

Like I said, where was you when he stunk the place out at Everton, Reading and West Ham?

It happens to most strikers. RVP stunk out OT for a month or so a few months ago. I rather have a striker that has a go rather than one that passes sideways and has no confidence in shooting like Heskey use to do.

I rather have a striker that has a go rather than one that passes sideways and has no confidence in shooting like Heskey use to do.

"if you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Spent all day at work trying to avoid the 3pm kick off scores. Managed to get through to see MOTD without knowing.

COATES! COUTINHO! STURRIDGE! REINA MAKING SAVES!

Seems like Borini had a good cameo again too. Shown more in 3 games since coming back from injury than he did in the 15 beforehand. Maybe he can have a role next season.

Wrote an article not dissimilar to that a couple of weeks ago. There's obviously not much between him and Oscar at the moment, and it might not be too long before Coutinho returns to the Brazil sqaud.

U21's about to KO against Utd on LFC TV in a few mins. Ward, Flanagan, Robinson, Sama, Jones, Coady, Peterson, Teixeira, Morgan, Adorjan, Ibe is the line up.

Not really tbh.

Just find it funny how papers come up with stories. Assuming the link goes as follows ; Liverpool interested in Tello during previous window, Barcelona looking for new keeper , Reina has previous links with club and hasn't had the best of seasons. Therefore ; Swap deal is imminent.

linked with Albiol from madrid. watched madrid a few times but can't say i've ever seen/remembered him at all, is he what we want?
I remember him from Valencia, but like you say not familiar with him playing for Madrid!

linked with Albiol from madrid. watched madrid a few times but can't say i've ever seen/remembered him at all, is he what we want?

imo he's exactly what we want. trained as a dm and broke through valencia's first team as one before being moved to the back line. can work with the ball at his feet without being a wreck. good positioning. good movement. good distribution.

Archived