Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Martin Kelly still injured? I know Flanagan's back playing reserve football so could be a bench option maybe.

Would like to see Coady at some point too.

Agree about Coates, not worth playing him if we don't want to keep him. He'll be very good for someone though.

I would sell Coates £4 million, Skrtel £8 million, Carroll £8 million and Assaidi £1 million thats £21 million to spend on top of the £20-25 million he will get given for transfers making it £41-46 million is that enough for what we need replacing? I have heard whispers that Johnson may be sold, not sure if thats true but he has been poor in the last few months.

I think we need to sign 2 quality full backs, a winger and a striker.

I would sell Shelvey £6 million and keep Borini as 4th choice striker while bringing in another striker. I would be happy playing Kelly central and spending the money on 2 full backs instead.

Defenders

Glen Johnson (right back)

Jose Enrique (left back)

Agger (centre)

Kelly (right back/center)

Flanagan (right back)

Sama (centre back)

Wisdom (centre back)

Robinson (left back)

Midfielders

Gerrard (centre)

Henderson (centre)

Downing (either wings)

Lucas (centre)

Allen centre)

Shelvey (centre)

Coutinho (centre)

Sterling (either wings)

Suso (centre)

Strikers

Sturridge

Suarez

Borini

I based the squad without Carragher, Skrtel and Coates as looks like they are going. I hope we can get more money than I quoted but I was just being realistic.

Not sure I would be selling Coates just yet to be honest - a loan out for a season would do him the power of good to get his development back on track. I would also look to loan Shelvey and Suso out next season too as the lack of games for us next year just won't help in developing young players who are 19-22 years old and not quite ready for the first eleven.

Keepers:

Reina, Jones, Ward

Defenders:

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Kelly, Wisdom, Robinson, New CB

Midfield:

Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, New MC, New Winger

Forwards:

Sturridge, Suarez, Borini, New forward

Loan: Coates, Shelvey, Suso

Sell/Release/Retired: Carra, Wilson, Gulasci, Pacheco, Downing, Spearing, Carroll, Assaidi.

Definitely need a more defensive minded midfielder in case Lucas picks up a knock, or a powerhouse type of midfielder in the mould that SSN said.

Keep Assaidi :mad:

I'd sell Shelvey and Jones too, otherwise I pretty much agree.

Assaidi is a strange one because we haven't seen enough of him really. Got to say I like him too, but for some reason Rodgers doesn't fancy him. We could keep him and loan Sterling out for a season instead?

Shelvey I think could improve his value with a year out on loan getting games. I don't think he has a long term future with us as he's thick as mince, but if he has a year on loan at somewhere like Hull and gets 8-10 league goals then its the difference between getting 4mill this summer and maybe 8mill next summer.

Sod buying a fourth striker. Do we totally want to cockblock Yesil once he's back from injury? Our biggest problems are defence and the wide areas. We need a new LB, two new centre backs, some cover for DM, and a quality new winger on the right.

Assaidi is a strange one because we haven't seen enough of him really. Got to say I like him too, but for some reason Rodgers doesn't fancy him. We could keep him and loan Sterling out for a season instead?

Shelvey I think could improve his value with a year out on loan getting games. I don't think he has a long term future with us as he's thick as mince, but if he has a year on loan at somewhere like Hull and gets 8-10 league goals then its the difference between getting 4mill this summer and maybe 8mill next summer.

Sterling shouldnt be loaned out. You saw the quality of him in the first stages of the season and as you would expect due to age he tired a little but next season he will have improved more and I think BR will have no idea of even loaning him out. Will be a much improved better in all aspects next season.

Sod buying a fourth striker. Do we totally want to cockblock Yesil once he's back from injury? Our biggest problems are defence and the wide areas. We need a new LB, two new centre backs, some cover for DM, and a quality new winger on the right.

You can't seriously think about Yesil being involved with the first team. Still very young and this injury is likely to set him back.

yesil is too young yet, we need to build a strong a squad as possible, no point trusting in youngsters if theyre not gonna deliver yet. remy for the rumoured £6m buyout would be a great bit of business.

also as said, a midfield enforcer, 2 cbs a lb and a better winger than downing.

still think rodgers has got taylor in mind for lb. might be available very cheap but also would be a big gamble for sure. alderwiered has said he'd come here apparently and it looks like that deal is close. weve been linked with mkhitaryan whose supposed to be the type of midfielder we want but i dont know much about him other than he's a beast on fm (scores shedloads :D).

as for winger, i have no idea.

Definite no to Remy. Had a massive attitude problem in France.

You can't seriously think about Yesil being involved with the first team. Still very young and this injury is likely to set him back.

Owen and Fowler were both first team regulars at his age. You're talking about putting him as a fifth choice, which is utterly absurd. The kids needs games, not spectating them.

Yesil is too lightweight will get knocked off the ball far too easily in the premiership from the few games I have seen him play. I can't remember which game it was but I am sure he started a game in the cup or something at Anfield and was taken off at half time.

Definite no to Remy. Had a massive attitude problem in France.

on a budget though where we might need 6 new players he'd be a steal at £6m and would add undoubted quality to our frontline where both suarez and sturridge can blow hot and cold and borini just cold so far.

So skrtel gets player of season last year and suddenly this year he is rubbish? despite the team having a better season? Maybe it's something to do with Agger, as good as he is on the ball he is a bit of a pussy at times... I like the sound of Toby from Ajax as apposed to Williams...

i really warmed to the idea of martinez when he was linked fwiw. he looks such a top guy to play for, every player seems to love him. apart from the man management side he's also proved he can get teams playing good football and is not shy about switching it up tactically aswell. not much between him and rodgers though, think both would get us into similar positions all being said.

hope he goes to everton. would make a good rivalry.

rodgers been saying skrtel still has a role next year, hope he's just trying to bolster his price tbh.

I would sell Coates £4 million, Skrtel £8 million, Carroll £8 million and Assaidi £1 million thats £21 million to spend on top of the £20-25 million he will get given for transfers making it £41-46 million is that enough for what we need replacing? I have heard whispers that Johnson may be sold, not sure if thats true but he has been poor in the last few months.

I think we need to sign 2 quality full backs, a winger and a striker.

I would sell Shelvey £6 million and keep Borini as 4th choice striker while bringing in another striker. I would be happy playing Kelly central and spending the money on 2 full backs instead.

Defenders

Glen Johnson (right back)

Jose Enrique (left back)

Agger (centre)

Kelly (right back/center)

Flanagan (right back)

Sama (centre back)

Wisdom (centre back)

Robinson (left back)

Midfielders

Gerrard (centre)

Henderson (centre)

Downing (either wings)

Lucas (centre)

Allen centre)

Shelvey (centre)

Coutinho (centre)

Sterling (either wings)

Suso (centre)

Strikers

Sturridge

Suarez

Borini

I based the squad without Carragher, Skrtel and Coates as looks like they are going. I hope we can get more money than I quoted but I was just being realistic.

Not sure where you came up with those figures but there's more to moving these players on than that, it can be quite difficult, you rarely get wholesale changes at clubs in the summer, no matter the rumours the press print (which if believed would usually have 10 out, 8 in every freaking summer).

Why would you sell a centre back where you don't have great cover and a young centre back too and I doubt you'll sell any 21 year old for 1m either

As wonderful as you make him sound, he's still about to get his side relegated.

To be fair though, he does have probably the smallest budget in the league to play with. Winning the FA Cup yesterday was a monumental achievement for Wigan.

Because it's pointless having an older, crappy centre back on the books taking up large wages when a young player could simply gain experience? And I'm fairly sure we'd get 1m for Assaidi. Comfortably.

I just don't think you'd sell him, 1m or not is what I mean. Still young, still developing ... 1m, what would be the point. If he's not ready in any way then loan him out

I agree with you in part Razzler, and it frustrates me no end to see the sort of discussion we get in here each season of people wanting the next young 20-something sold. Last season it was Henderson, this season it's Allen and others. I prefer to see them given more time (and more playing time) rather than rush to judgement over a single season. But that's not to say we wouldn't be able to clear out 7-8 if we were so inclined.

Kneejerk comment much? :D

was tongue in cheek obv :p but i think he's done fantastic at wigan. loses his best players every season and has to start again. diame, rodallega, moses, valencia, cattermole and nzogbia off the top of my head have all moved on in recent years. how much better would wigan be if they still had these players?

he's now won more than rodgers has too :(:D

Archived