Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a 13.5mill bid apparently, but there is a release clause in Allen's contract of 15mill which they are holding out for. Can only be a matter of time I would think before they agree a deal.

Makes you wonder where the likes of Henderson will fit in though. I guess you have to take what you can get but I'm concerned at the lack of gossip, let alone strong links with a right sided midfielder/winger when with Maxi and Kuyt's departure we really are left short there.

I guess if we're going 4-3-3 it's slightly different issue perhaps?

Well we have Suarez, Borini, Carroll, Downing and Bellamy for those 3 front positions, where as we have Spearing, Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Aqua, Gerrard, Shelvey and maybe Allen for the 3 central ones. Who knows where Cole might play. So a wide forward is definitely more of an issue. Am expecting Dempsey to join still though

Swansea have rejected £10m + Shelvey on loan for the year for Allen. Too much money in the Premiership now isn't there? We need to get back to the days where a club like Swansea'd be happy to sell this lad for £10m 'cos it'd keep their club running for another season.

Don't mind overpaying on this one seeing as we have a plan of how we are going to use him and how he'll slot straight in to exactly what Rodger's wants. He's a better fit than Adam and played better last season than Henderson and Aquilani (from what I understand).

From the videos I've been watching of him he seems very intelligent in possession and very hard working without. In the top 5 tacklers in the Premiership last season with a high 75% win rate and also a pass completion of 92% (and he's not just playing short passes all the time, watching him he switches the play into space extremely well). He seems a really good dribbler as well, drives forward really purposefully, is strong for his size, shields the ball great and has some good turns in his locker.

Swansea have rejected £10m + Shelvey on loan for the year for Allen. Too much money in the Premiership now isn't there? We need to get back to the days where a club like Swansea'd be happy to sell this lad for £10m 'cos it'd keep their club running for another season.
Yeah, it's always best when clubs are on the verge of financial collapse. :D

Archived