What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for your reply, but recently I lost my left back Ricardo Rodrigurez to man city for 45M becoz the bid matched his release clause, I just received a mail that Barcelona board accepted the offer, but I was not having any option to speak with player to ask him to stay, when I tried to offer him a new contract, his agent said my client is not interested in new contract negotiations at this time. same happened with Barta as well, but luckily I had a old save and reverted back to it.

thanks for your reply, but recently I lost my left back Ricardo Rodrigurez to man city for 45M becoz the bid matched his release clause, I just received a mail that Barcelona board accepted the offer, but I was not having any option to speak with player to ask him to stay, when I tried to offer him a new contract, his agent said my client is not interested in new contract negotiations at this time. same happened with Barta as well, but luckily I had a old save and reverted back to it.

That doesn't meant you couldn't convince him to stay from a game design point of view, it means he isn't interested in staying! (in light of the other clubs interest)

There is absolutely nothing wrong here at all. If a club makes an offer that meets a release clause you CAN offer a new contract if player is willing to stay. They don't just automatically leave. In your case they left because they were so set on leaving to City and their cash.

You could offer a new contract before the Man City offer as City wasn't a tangible comparator for the player at the time.

A few things, apologies if they've come up before; I'm sure they will have!

More history filled out. I'm not sure if this is a "research" thing or a "licensing" problem, but when I take over a club I'd love to know their previous records in cup competitions. We already have a season-by-season league history, so could we get a season-by-season cup history? Round reached, opposition etc. Even if that'd be too tall an ask, even if it was just a "previous best" entry into the records field (FA Cup; Quarter finals - two occassions 19xx, 20xx). When I take over a smaller team, I'd love to know what history I was making (if any; I actually suck in cup competitions).

*StattoGeek alert* More statistical logging/game history creation. Could we get a soccerbase-esque head-to-head query put in so that its easier to look at the h2hs? I know you can go onto next opponent and whoever comes up on your fixture list, but if you want to look at a h2h of someone you aren't due to play, or if you want to see the h2h of two different AI teams, its almost impossible to do. Also, tiny detail, but didnt the existing h2h used to let you filter by ground and/or competition?

I know, I know, it adds nothing to the game as such, but when you're 15 seasons in it can be quite interesting to see this kind of stuff.

On a related note, could we get manager head-to-heads, regardless of club? I.e, after 20 years I've been at 2 or 3 clubs and the AIs have moved around aswell, could we get a report of how I've compared against a specific manager?

While Im statgeeking, could we get a tab added in manager's history for complete head to head, so when you click this, it'll bring up your WDLFA Home/Away record for the manager against each club? Again, interesting (IMO) after 10 seasons or more to go down the list and see who you've played most against, who your own bogey team are, who you've been ultra-successful against etc.

Customisable stadium graphics. I appreciate this may be a tricker one to implement, but some way to model stadiums - even if its the pre-game editor? I dont necessarily want FIFA grade reproductions of specific stadiums, but some way to introduce a little bit of different character to make each stadium just a bit more unique? Exeter's St James Park for example has a rather large terrace at one end, and a laughably tiny one at the other, a nice modern seated stand down one length, and a stand the other side which only runs for about a 3rd of the length.

This could be a modular design, where by the "stadium builder" offers different block designs at say 10% touchline length of different sizes, slopes etc. Each block holds a x number of fans so you can 'build the stadium' up to its actual capacity (so you cant create a 4-sided 3 tiered representation of a ground which holds only 3000). This way you wouldnt need graphics for each stadium separately, more just a text 'map' which says stadium A is represented by 4 Lego Block Type B down touchline A, 3 LBT H down TLB, 1 LBT N in corner 1, etc. If anyones played Hattrick with a supporter subscription you'll get what I mean.

TBF, SI themselves wouldn't even have to get involved in making the individual stadium models; put the facility and fundementals in and let the community worry about building the stadiums and sharing the text maps through the community.

The only other thing I've got which would actually impact on the game is manager-player feedback in training. ATM, your coaches will say "so-and-so would benefit if he was asked to be doing so-and-so", but I think you should have the ability to actually feedback specific things yourself through your observations during matches. For example, a striker who always hits it first time and misses, you could say to him in training the following week "take a touch" or something, which over time could have an impact on his composure stat. Or your left back who is always getting skinned, tell him to "show the defender outside" and improve his positioning. Theres probably better and more sophistiacted examples that could be brought up, but in this way, you could start having a very real impact yourself on the development of your players rather than just random progression/chance and the quality of your coaches. You could also really 'mould' youngsters into different kinds of players, and it would be a real skill dependent on what the player he or herself sees during the game.

You cheater!

Match Engine Tweak - The players should be responding to the ball's movement, regardless of what was intended by the person who touched the ball last. I find my players in situations where there's a header on goal, but it's a bad miss and it's going straight into my poacher running on goal... but he doesn't touch it, because it's intended as a shot. What does it matter?? It's coming to you, put the ball in! Same happens with passes - Player A intends to pass to Player B, but the ball is going to Player C instead. Player C stands by while Player B tries to chase the ball and the pass gets intercepted. Maybe this is the problem with playing LLM, but it just doesn't make sense. Even a lower league player should be smart enough to pounce on a wayward header across goal.

A simple one, but I would like it if the AI managers, when talking about your weak link, to pick a player that has played more than 2 games out of 38... I mean, yes, my backup goalkeeper is not a good goalkeeper, but he's not going to play so who cares

I think a useful addition would be to have the option (as part of a training mode perhaps) to see what tactical settings your opponent is using so you have a feel for how this impacts their positioning, style of play etc.

For instance, you arrange a friendly against team X in this Training Mode. Once the game has started you are able to see, perhaps as widgets, what Mentality the AI is using, what roles it has given players, what TIs or PIs it is employing, what style it is using. You would then be able to visualise how this affects the game/ME and hopefully gain some understanding accordingly.

I can see that there may be a possibility to use it to 'game' the ME, but I think a visual way of seeing how variables impact upon the ME would be invaluable to many players.

I'm suggesting it as an overlay for the AIs tactics, because I feel that we as players may project certain expectations upon roles or mentalities we have given our players and team, and this projection might bring in an element of bias when viewing the results.

The loan system needs a change. Recent events have shown that the current loan option involving whether or not a player can face his parent club while being on loan is really no longer relevant. Several authorities on football have spoken out about this in the last couple of months; I've listed a few:

Arsène Wenger:

"Look, I believe if you want to continue the loan system, we have to make them available against the teams that loan them, or the system is not defendable," Wenger said. "It's just a protection of the clubs who loan the players out to hurt the opponents and they have no risk at all."

Source: The Independent

UEFA statement on the Courtois-issue:

Both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations contain clear provisions which strictly forbid any club to exert, or attempt to exert, any influence whatsoever over the players that another club may (or may not) field in a match.

It follows that any provision in a private contract between clubs which might function in such a way as to influence who a club fields in a match is null, void and unenforceable so far as UEFA is concerned.

Furthermore, any attempt to enforce such a provision would be a clear violation of both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations and would therefore be sanctioned accordingly.

Source: UEFA

On national level:

(Recently promoted side) Willem II have been punished for implementing a loan clause that prevent player Kevin Brands from facing his parent club Willem II while on loan at Telstar. Both Telstar and Willem II were fined €5.000, but more importantly the KNVB (Dutch FA) has given both clubs a suspended sentence involving a 3 point reduction in their respective competitions (Eredivisie and Eerste divisie, the second tier) if they commit another offence during a 1 year probation. The Dutch disciplinary commission has made it clear that these loan clauses are illegal and as such will be punished.

Source: KNVB

As my evidence shows, the loan clause is no longer a legal transfer mechanism and should be removed from FM.

It has been confirmed IRL that next season Scotland's league pyramid is extended down another tier to the Highland & Lowland leagues. The winner of each league face a playoff with each other. The winner then play another playoff with the bottom team of League 2.

I'm hoping this is implemented into FM15 with the Highland & Lowland leagues playable.

A possibility to get estimates on what a facility upgrade would cost.

As of now I think it's only possible to get the estimate along with the green-light from the board. I'd like the possibility to only get an estimate so I can decide for myself if I can afford it or not, and then ask the board for the upgrade if that's my decision. I would like this to be an option for all the upgrades that are possible for the grounds/setups/coaching mentioned on the Facilities page.

I would like to see a stat page for goal-scorers showing how and where they had scored their goals.

The where would be like the analysis tool where you could click on a goal and it would show it to you, but I would also like a filter so that you could view goals scored in ceertain position, (as in SC, AMC, AML etc), but also a stats section on left-foot, right-foot, header.

While we are on individual stats, (especially for goal-scorers), what about stats for who provided individual players with assists?

I think this probably works best split into 2 sections.

1. The personal analysis goals page.

2. The stats page so you can see left/riight/head, and also who provided assists. (Maybe that could be filtered too).

In FM 15 put an option to organise a charity friendly match or a memorial (and the option to call legends of the team which we manage retired or not) in order to increase the prestige of the club!Hope you take my idea under consideration.....P.S. Improve the gameplay!!!

If you want him to specifically focus on one attribute, train that attribute. Otherwise give him a role to focus on so that there's a focus on more than one attribute.

Don't forget about team training. Even if give a player an individual focus on one attribute, he'll still improve the other attributes through team training.

Aim_less. If you have a player concentrating on a particular attribute, he does this only as part of his individual training. This is additional training. It is not instead of his normal training. His other attributes continue to develop as normal, however because of the addition individual training he is doing, he is likely to develop that particular attribute quicker.

Would you mind telling me why you think that training 1 specific attribute means that all the other attributes will not develop?

The reason I am asking this is because I have all my youngsters on attribute specific training, (and have done for ages), and I am telling you that not only is the 1 specific attribute that they are working on increasing, but so are the other areas that they are not concentrating on.

I can show you pics if you want, (loads of them).

Unless of course I have somehow got the wrong impression of what you are saying, (in which case I obviously apologise).

A few things that I would like to see in the game:

-Being able to manage Under 18 and Under 21 club teams

-Better interaction options with players, staff and other managers

-Being able to plan pre-season training during the close season. It isn't like in real life managers turn up on the first day of pre-season and plan training then!

-Having a manager profile for playable managers

-Being able to shout at players from the touchline (being able to tell them to step it up, or tell them to calm down after an early booking)

-Ability to add a new favoured team (eg I'm a Saints fan but if I've been managing Dundee United for 10+ years I would also favour them) and choosing/editing your favoured personnel rather than it doing it by past players/club supported/press conferences

IMO having a say in stadium and kit changes shouldn't be included as the manager would not have a say in this.

I love how far this game has come, and it really is a joy to play when time allows, and sometimes when it doesn't.

The one thing I'm missing is the ability to play in true micro leagues, 10-12 game long seasons, like Tuvalu, or travel out on a campaign in the Caribbeans to manage a team at the Turks & Caicos Islands and attempt to either make the team competitive with the power houses of St. Kitt's... or put together enough of a CV to get a job in a big market, like Jamaica, and perhaps even move on from there. I'm sure there are many user edited leagues, but the charm of these little leagues would be to have them connected to the various continental cups in the game. In the old days when everything was stored locally, I can see why that would have been impossible, but with Steam and cloud technology, it sounds like something that would be quite doable.

I really like the addition of studying for licenses for the staff, but that option (requirement?) should be available to me, the head coach, as well to build up a CV on not only results alone, at least not when starting out in a small... tiny... micro league when you have plenty of time to study and improve your skills (build up your character) as the seasons are rather short and you're not as busy with preparing for games.

On the flip side of the idea of little micro leagues in the sun... The old manager who semi-retires in a micro league and might bring one or two of his older star players to the club... Good friendships between players and managers should play a factor in ability to signing them for a club. The scenario in my head: Let's say I've managed a huge successful club for some years and want to step down from the daily stress but still remain in the game (for one reason or the other). So, I "semi-retire" in a micro-league and try to help building up a team and/or league (I believe the league reputations are dynamic today, right). As players grow old they too decide they'd had enough of the daily regiment, and in the game today, they usually retire. But, why not add a "semi-retirement" option to the possibility of them wanting to start coaching or scouting, etc? "Semi-retirement" would mean that they are open to play at a really low level, such as a micro league or maybe with the side they once got started, for a few more years (just for fun), and help draw publicity to the side (perhaps before going into coaching), as well as help develop and mentor the local talent. It seems like a realistic scenario that wouldn't require too much extra coding, as most of those features are already there.

Oh well, I guess I can continue dreaming.

I would like to see an overhaul for getting a new job.

Each club plays a certain way. I should have to put more information in my Profile screen to define my management style.

For Example;

Manager Profile

• Favourite Formation - Mourinho likes 4-2-3-1, Rodgers prefers 4-1-3-2, certain clubs like playing a certain way
  • Mentality - Some clubs prefer playing Attacking Open football, clubs like Crystal Palace prefer to play a Counter Defensive Style
  • Philosophy - These should be set at the beginning of the game as you can agree to all the clubs asks of you without actually wanting to play like that

Contract

• Take Current Staff With You - I would like there to be an option for your new club to sign your current backroom staff (or some of them via drop down box) when you agree to take over.

I think the Take Current Staff With You is essential as it's pretty common place for your staff to come with you.

I wish ME a more fluid, in the sense of seeing more and more realistic actions and the movement of the players as real as possible.

an update of the settings for the free kicks, corners.

an improvement of the settings for team play, still a little confusing.

more types of speeches to the players, interviews.

the possibility to train specific movements, for example, can tell a player to go to a point Y happens when a given event. patterns of play etc ...

I would LOVE the ability to fine my own players for diving. I'd also like the option to take them outside of the stadium and beat them with a sack full of doorknobs, but fining is at least something.

Widgets - Remove the way the widgets fade out during a highlight. I have 9 widgets up during the game and play on comprehensive highlights, i'm finding it hard to even read some of the stats during highlights because they keep fading out, have to keep pausing the game.

Remove the fading out, let the user decide if he wants to block a bit of play out for a few seconds or not.

Edit: Regarding Cougars post below - Glad someone else agrees on the widget issue, a frustrating feature without a doubt.

Widgets - Remove the way the widgets fade out during a highlight. I have 9 widgets up during the game and play on comprehensive highlights, i'm finding it hard to even read some of the stats during highlights because they keep fading out, have to keep pausing the game.

Remove the fading out, let the user decide if he wants to block a bit of play out for a few seconds or not.

Yes this, if we want to watch the action we can minimise the widget.

EDIT

Or at least make the fading an option in the preferences.

Just some random fluff.

1) Managers on the touch line.

1a) Perhaps they can gesticulate in a manor that matches the team shout you or the AI manager has just given. Purely for added immersion into the game.

2) Get rid of some text commentary and refresh it, stuff like...."he clears the ball into row Z"

Right, is there any particular reason why youth candidates from the same batch do not have each other in their favoured personnel list? They already have some of their coaches, and occasionally, their manager, as their favoured personnel so it'd be nice to see different players from the same batch list each other as friends. The Manchester United class of 92 springs to mind. Real life players also have these sort of relations portrayed in the game already, so this addition would make sense, would it not?

When looking at a players history I would like to be able to use the ctrl and shift keys to select different seasons of a players history that is then summarised at the bottom.

Now you can only look at one season at a time, it displays all a players goals for a season (in league, cup, continental, international etc)

It would be nice to be able to easily view this data for a player for a desired set of seasons. It would be especially useful to see what a player did for one club. You could just shift click their first season and then their last and it would then total up all the data, which could of course still be viewed individually.

It may just be that my map are broken but the map in the scouting section should show all regions in their respective colour and not just the six regions where you have best coverage.

When looking at a players history I would like to be able to use the ctrl and shift keys to select different seasons of a players history that is then summarised at the bottom.

Now you can only look at one season at a time, it displays all a players goals for a season (in league, cup, continental, international etc)

It would be nice to be able to easily view this data for a player for a desired set of seasons. It would be especially useful to see what a player did for one club. You could just shift click their first season and then their last and it would then total up all the data, which could of course still be viewed individually.

This, one million times over!!!

This, one million times over!!!

It honestly baffles me that it isn't in yet, I was going to make a thread about it but knew I'd just get told to stick it in here. hopefully somebody reads it!

Everyone who have played a game in a cup tournament that the team wins should get a note of that in their biography. I just had a player win the "most assist" table in the domestic cup but since he was injured during the final he didn't get a note that he won that title.

And I think the same should be true for domestic leagues too. If a player has played a game he should get a note of that title in his biography.

I would like to see cup goals be counted for goals of the month, domestic cup goals should be counted as my player scored a beautiful 30 yard free kick that by all rights it should have been goal of the month but because it was a cup goal it didn't count

I had a thought about a metric for "wage disparity" across the squad, which might have a small impact on squad harmony. Not sure I'd like to see it making too many ripples, but I'm interested in details like that.

While we're at it, I'd like to propose two minor improvements regarding injured players:

1. I tend to hide unavailable players (not at club, injured, etc.). When one or more of my backup players are unavailable, I'd like them to be automatically removed from the match squad. I hate it when I always have to unhide my unavalilable players with the filter, then remove them from their appointed backup slot and then finaly re-adjust my filter again. :D

2. After a player had been obviously injured badly and would have to be taken off the pitch and you immediately go to the tactics screen after you're player was injured and try to subsitute him and exit that screen the game automatically makes you do this again once again afrer it confirms the injury. That's just annoying, it's obvious when the player can't go on (red cross), why not let me make the substitution right away, instead of waiting for the game to confirm the injury. I watch the game on Comprehensive and I have to deal with this every now and then.

While we're at it, I'd like to propose two minor improvements regarding injured players:

1. I tend to hide unavailable players (not at club, injured, etc.). When one or more of my backup players are unavailable, I'd like them to be automatically removed from the match squad. I hate it when I always have to unhide my unavalilable players with the filter, then remove them from their appointed backup slot and then finaly re-adjust my filter again. :D

Just click on the icon over the squad screen. Just over the first player on the squad screen there's icons for all the positions and twelve subs. If you click on that icon the player that are assigned to that spot will be removed.

I like to be able to take snapshots of a players stats (perhaps automatically at 2-3 monthly intervals) so as to see how well players have developed in training.

Month to month we see the gains and losses but I'd like to look back like two years ago.

For those of us that don't use 3rd party tools to see CA/PA and other hidden stats I think this would be useful.

Already mentioned here by another poster, please please SI let us know the nature of minor injuries players pick up during a game or at least give us a clue.

Relate that to how good or bad a head physio is as how good or bad his diagnosis is.

It really gets on my shonker when I sub the player as a precaution only to find out he has a bruised arm and is back training the next day, I leave a player on and he tears a hamstring or some s*** like that and is out for months.

Substitute warm ups.

Throw cold players on and risk them pulling a muscle or cramping etc.

Tell player 'X' to warm up and on the player tool tips we get a red to green overlay showing his state of readiness to enter the match.

Id like to be able to set min experience / attributes when looking for staff through a job posting. Ask for a coach and i'm sick of looking through applicants that are just not good enough, or are not suited to the role i need, like they coach attacking, but not defence which i need. Also once the applications are in, i'd like to be able to scroll through the applicants like i do with the squad, rather than click in and out to view their profile.

or if this is in the game already... please advise on how to do this!

1. Managing the under 18's and 21's would be brilliant.

2. Reputation and status being linked up better - A season after winning the treble, releasing a 35 year old who doesn't play anymore leaves the fans unhappy etc. Likewise you should get more credit for doing a good job without winning anything ( Moyes / Pochetino etc)

Archived