What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd like to see more options for starting reputation when creating a new manager, as the current Sunday league is too high - it takes all the fun out of starting in Scottish league two or Conference North and being headhunted by Scottish championship or league two clubs when you can actually just get those jobs after starting unemployed and Sunday league rep. No fun at all.

Additionally, and conversely, I'd also like to see the option to when picking your starting rep set it to that currently held by human managers on other saves located in the save directory.

E.g. Manager x starting rep = manager Y in save file 'man utd' at last game save date 25/12/2020.

That way you could start Sunday league and work your way up in one file, then start over with that character in terms of reputation, but not have to worry about carrying over detailed history or trophy wins that might cause database duplications or clashes.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your manager wage should mean something other than putting a strain on your club's budget.

It does, it is a balancing act between high wages and contract length making it harder to sack you as your own club will have to pay more compo, but also harder for you to be offered another job as that club will have to pay more.

I just agreed a deal for a 20 year old goalkeeper to join me and my burgeoning group of young, high potential keepers. Looking at his attributes, he is is slightly better than my current three first team keepers, with much higher potential. The problem is he speaks no English, and I wouldn't be happy sticking a keeper straight in with no English. It would be nice to be able to pay for him to go on a language course now, so his English is better, or at least semi-existent, on arrival.

As a further idea, it would be a great touch if players with a high level of professionalism took language courses off their own bat, and you got a message on joining "Player A has spent the last few months learning English in preparation for his new environment. Player A can now speak X language level, when previously he could only speak Y language level."

Hmm, I definitely didn't have the option in the news item, checked specifically to see it could be done.

In the miles tweet it seemed to happen automatically without an option, it is just the FM tweet where you get the option post-arrival.

Maybe it doesn't happen in every case though and your feature request could be for instances/options of it to be expanded

Would be nice to have the ability to export my tactics and training away from the main game, tinker with things via a web interface/app/program in a another location (Ahem....work) and import those changes back into the main game when I return home.

I'm just reading Harry Redknapp's autobiography and in one chapter, he describes how the then manager, Ron Greenwood would go and watch the youth team, even at one point blowing off a first team match for a youth cup away game at Wolves and how it made him feel ten feet tall as the manager really cared about the kids.

I know the option is there to attend the youth games but I'd like to see it make an actual difference to the players on the day. Perhaps there's a player close to the first team who puts in a proper performance because he knows you're there or another who has loads of potential who goes missing under the spotlight of the first team manager watching. Or even it helps the player add you to their favourite personnel list because you care enough about the youth team to go and watch them on a cold, rainy night in Stoke.

I would like to have an option to notify me about request from unhappy players while I'm holidaying so that I could attend to them.

It's very annoying to come back from holiday with a bunch of unhappy players due to some of them just happen to have period while I'm holidaying...

Hi, could it be possible to let us choose more than 3 countries on FM Touch 16 for players with iPad Air 2 who is powerful ?

I have been a longtime player of FM on PC but now that i can play on tablet everywhere i prefer the Touch experience. I know the Touch version is more streamlined but i would prefer to let players choose what we prefer without restrictions if our tablet power can afford it :)

I would like to see the same treatment of club managerment to National managerment. Kinda training, you having private talks with the national players (praising for example). My major annoying is i cant choose how many days to apply a training, intensity, the type, like in clubs.

While I like the changes that have been made with team shapes, there seems to be no reason why it still affects creative freedom, other than you didn't want to change too much at once. Decouple creative freedom from the mentality framework and expand the number of creative freedom settings from 3 to 5 to compensate.

;10270173']It would be a nice idea to work as TV pundit for the time of unemployment. You can find unemployed managers regularly as co-commentators or pundits so this could be a nice extra feature.

How to implement in FM?

Maybe your task will be to attend certain matches and after the match one journalist is asking you about the game and the key players. You keep talking about them and shots can be fired against other managers and their approach.

It would be a decent alternative instead of sitting and waiting for the next job. Doing this could boost your experience and/or reputation. Doing this in a foreign country could increase your scouting knowledge there.

Even some kind match analysis could be possible with one journalist asking about the key moments of a match.

My idea is to be chosen as a pundit in big international competitions offseason, like world cups or copa America...you can then predict results and key performes too....maybe build a reputation as a pundit and affect relationships.

It could help u get jobs or push an agenda like choosing ur own club players or going after a judas

Not sure if this has already been raised.

However, I have just signed an Argentinian player from a French side on a Bosman in February for my Nottm Forest side.

He doesn't speak English. However, when he eventually signs on 1 July I'll be offered the chance to send him on an intensive language course.

Wouldn't it be better for that offer to be made after the contract has been agreed so that by the time he formally signs he'll have a basic grasp of English?

Not sure if this has already been raised.

However, I have just signed an Argentinian player from a French side on a Bosman in February for my Nottm Forest side.

He doesn't speak English. However, when he eventually signs on 1 July I'll be offered the chance to send him on an intensive language course.

Wouldn't it be better for that offer to be made after the contract has been agreed so that by the time he formally signs he'll have a basic grasp of English?

How happy would the selling (or previous since it's a Bosman) club be that you're making demands on his time while he's still with them? Of course, that's not to say that the player wouldn't - in real life - take the initiative and do it himself, but don't think you could ask him directly, as he isn't your player yet.

In the miles tweet it seemed to happen automatically without an option, it is just the FM tweet where you get the option post-arrival.

Maybe it doesn't happen in every case though and your feature request could be for instances/options of it to be expanded

Doesn't this already happen? https://twitter.com/footballmanager/status/649303925456306176 (I actually mean the Miles tweet this one is is response to but don't know how to link it)

Of course, as we've seen with B team features, Miles tweeting something pre-release doesn't actually mean it is in the game.

How happy would the selling (or previous since it's a Bosman) club be that you're making demands on his time while he's still with them? Of course, that's not to say that the player wouldn't - in real life - take the initiative and do it himself, but don't think you could ask him directly, as he isn't your player yet.

From only a few posts higher up the page. Him doing it of his own accord is supposedly already in the game

Dear Members of Sports Interactive,

I played Football Manager since more than 10 years, I’m french, I’m 27 years old. First, hope my english is ok.

As a "historic player" of Football Manager, I saw the game change dramatically year after year. But there is, in my opinion, two things that could really help Football Manager to tend towards reality, a little more, to the tactical side.

- Zones of play.

Today, in Football Manager, we can give a player a position, a role and many individual instructions. But does they allow players to play as in reality, I don’t think so. That's why I thought that define game areas would be good. Place a player at a position could set a default area around him. And this area could be flexible as we see fit. Eg stretch a little wider area but occupying the entire length of the field for a fullback, while specifying him a job well / database role. I thought about that especially for the 4-3-2-1 which I will talk to my second point, to ask, too, to a central midfielder to block the wing.

- The management tactics as possession phases.

This would be for me a real add for Football Manager. In real life, a manager give positions and roles to players, according to the phases of game. In fact, I am a fan of AC Milan, and I am "obsessed" with the 4-3-2-1 (Albero Di Natale) of Carlo Ancelotti. I have often tried to create it, but I never managed to get the maximum. And I think I know why after reading his latest book (My coach secrets), The 4-3-2-1 is the game pattern when the team has the ball, except when it is the turn the opponent, players tend to 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1).

Example :

In "Possession" phase include a line of four defenders with offensive side. In the middle, Pirlo has served as Regista, Gattuso and Ambrosini are the ones of the side circles, but not glued to the line, and will never up forward or very rarely, and there, the idea of area could be interesting. In front of them, Seedorf and Kakà occupy the role of half wingers (a mix between central attacking midfielder and striker inside). The striker, Inzaghi has a role of « fox of surface (don’t know the term in english, but you know how played Inzaghi :D ).

But in defensive phase, it moves. Seedorf is left midfield, Gattuso back a notch in particular occupying the right flank, Ambrosini becomes a defensive midfielder, Pirlo too. Front Kakà must occupy the defensive midfielders, along with Inzaghi, if necessary.

So we really going a rather axial 4-3-2-1 offensive phase at a 4-4-2 "basic" in the defensive phase.

To implement this in Football Manager should be able to:

- Define schema with ball possession, the other without.

OR

- Define individual instructions for some players on the defensive phase, just choosing a position / role eg Seedorf: Left Wing, support. Ambrosini: Center Midfielder, defense. Gattuso: Side Middle-defense. Kakà: Attacking midfielder, support. ... Etc.

Idk, i felt it might be a really nice feature to have. Especially for many of us whom do other things whilst the match interface is playing in the background. Example, those doing work, or studying, chatting to friends, what not.

I wondered if future FMs could have the possibility of setting timed substitutes mid game or when the game starts.

For example, lets say i program that Carrick will sub in for Herrera on the 72nd Minute. It will be automatically done when the time reaches around that point of 72minutes +/- .Then i won't have to stress about alt tabbing back into the game to check on the time.

Anyone else agree with me on this?

A couple of suggestions for the youth system

1) It would be nice if all Youth players when the appear on your youth intake appeared with blank positions and you trained them up into the position that you require, nothing more infuriating than getting a short CB then having to retrain him into say an FB or DM, This would be good on that it would allow you to look at their stats height preferred foot etc and determine the position you would like them to play, obviously for those who couldn't be bothered they could get your head of youth development or Assistant to pick. This may involve having an extra academy page for players age 13-15 (some clubs do have players on their books from the age of 9)

2) Also it would be nice to have some sort of youth academy philosophy system wherein you could state what the emphasis on what type of player you want to recruit and how they are to be trained, for example technical emphasis, physical emphasis, balanced, speed etc.... So when it came to youth intake day these types of player would show up

3) Finally it would be nice to state what pre-requisite stats you would like to see on players the youth system recruits, so on youth intake day you are not getting rid of so many of them. Obviously the level and number pre-requisite stats could be determined by the level of academy and the more pre-requisite stats could reduce the numbers in the intake. For example if you say had Determination, Bravery, Technique, your academy would find these kinds of players for the intake and obviously the more stats the less players, if any if you are greedy.

You could perhaps put the minimum stat based on the level of academy, so for example if I wanted determination, I could set it at say 8 for a poor academy or 12 for a good academy.

I really want the ability to make the set piece instructions for attacking and defending indirect freekicks. They don't seem to use the free kick instructions but either the corners or throw in. I'm not sure. But when I set a four man for FK and nobody to close down corner in corners and I see just one man or two at other time in the barrier I know I have no idea what's the game doing.

I want the indian national team to be managable.

Yes they are. But they are not.

In reality, the team has had five different managers in past 5 years. In the game though, the Indian Head coach is NEVER FIRED. Tested on a couple of games for a decade each. Please change this

no idea if its been mentioned before, on corners, option to have 2 players lurk outside area instead of 1. eg set it up as lurk on left side or lurk on right side, default option of middle if just 1

also an option if you leave a player forward certainly on corners but possibly free kicks also a similar thing, option to have that player on the left or right of the park rather than in the middle, again default could be leave in the middle.

I'd like the option to say that I won't be renewing my contract. Not interested in staying with my team after this season, I want to secure the team against being relegated and then leave once my contract is up without the board constantly harassing me about a contract. Could also open up some cool news reports linking you with jobs at the end of the season, like the whole Guardiola business this season.

In match Multiple Monitor Support

Not sure if this one has ever been suggested but given so many people now use dual (or more) screens - how about in game support to be able to move all your overlays - player ratings, formations or whatever the individual uses that are getting in the way of viewing the pitch - onto another screen separately.

This way you can view your match on the pitch unobstructed and go nuts with as many stats and overlays as you want on another screen as it will not affect you being able to see the game.

I like to have quite a few of them up myself and I tend to end up with a relatively small area in the middle where I can see whats going on.

:thup:

Ozyn on reddit.com/footballmanagergames came up with an idea that

You have the ability to encourage players to pass to a specific player more/cover a player more - this would be useful for three things: out-of-form strikers, youngsters and debutants.

E.g If a striker is out of form, you could encourage your team to pass to that striker more to give him more chances of scoring. Same goes for new signings to get them off the mark.

E.g.2 For youngsters, encourage players to cover the youngster and provide passing options so that the youngster is comfortable and less vulnerable to mistakes.

Option to mirror the set pieces instructions so that I won't need to set it up twice.

Option to mirror asymmetric formation(including PIs) too. Eg as shown below, I should have an AMR and ML if I use the mirror option.

pPr9VlY.png

One feature I think that would be popular among the FM community would be classic databases.

For example you could instead of just having the current year, you could have other years i.e. 2004 -05 or 1988-89 whichever years are most wanted.

It would just be nice to play with classic teams, players and coaches rather than the current ones from today.

As mentioned before it would be nice but it's unlikely to be economically viable to do - unless, of course, it was an extra add-on for a cost - I would use it.

One really useful shortcut for me would be a simple CTRL & <key> to go on holiday until the next match - it would save something like six keystrokes which when often repeated become a pain. If that's not an option at least default the time to go on holiday until the next match rather than the arbitrary "next week".

I've played Football Manager series for many years now and being a manager is the best thing about this game. Although sometimes once in a while I do get bored with it, I know this has been talked about many times before but I really wouldn't mind seeing a chairman/owner option, personally I'd love to be the owner of a club, hire and fire managers and staff and also deal with finances of the club. Some people like it and some people don't, I hope they include this mode in future releases. Even being an assistant manager would be cool, working your way up to become a manager. Just my opinion.

Interestingly, I've just signed a Japanese player who is due to join in 5 months time, and in the message confirming the transfer it says "Takuma Miura" will attempt to start learning English before arriving."

Maybe some players make the effort, and some don't?

Guest El Payaso

Players less willing to move. It is fairly easy for us human users to keep the important players in the clubs while AI really doesn't seem to manage do that.

IRL Morata for example has told that he prefers to be a first choice at Juventus instead of going to Arsenal or back to Madrid. On FM he always moves. Also Balanta has snubbed Barcelona interest.

In my first two transfer windows I have seen also for example Begovic move to ManU as De Gea backup and Kane to City as a rotation option. What is the logic on those. Kane should stay at Spurs and only leave if he gets a key player role at a bigger club and Begovic only move to a big club that makes him the first choice.

These transfers keep making players unhappy and then easy for human players to pick up them cheaply. Of course the AI transfer logic needs work but players also should be less willing to change clubs.

I would like it if SI could add roles and duties on formation screens of old matches that you look back on. Ideally on both your team and the opposition as I think it would help your management knowing what roles and duties the opposition played but certainly for your team it would be a great help. Some matches I will change a role or two within my tactic and may go out an beat say Spurs 2-0. Later in the season when playing Spurs again I will look at the older game to see how I played but all that shows up under the formation tab is the players names set in the shape you played along with the formations name at the top but no roles or duties so you can't see any subtle changes you may have made for that fixture. I'm sure you could see this sort of info etc in FM15 but I may be wrong.

One of the areas that needs improving is the game's ability to recognize that in some league there are foreign player restriction, Some tournaments may have a 0 foreigner rule, Here are some examples:

1- Player not recognizing that he's ineligible when asking for first team football.

2- Press asking about resting a player although he's ineligible. Maybe add a question about giving locals players the chance.

3- Manager tendency to play local players as it shows in his biography, Well if i'm only allowed to play 3 foreigners then I guess it'll be towards using local talent.

4- News items about a player missing the game where he's ineligible

On another note here are some suggestions to the cub overview screen.

I'd like to see a current status field where it'll tell you how their season is going and the mood in the club. For example if you go into Chelsea's for this season it'd say underperforming. Or Leicester where it'll say overachieving. I want to see how are things in general without going through 5 or 6 screens

Option to mirror the set pieces instructions so that I won't need to set it up twice.

Option to mirror asymmetric formation(including PIs) too. Eg as shown below, I should have an AMR and ML if I use the mirror option.

pPr9VlY.png

+1 for both, it's annoying to do the same tactic twice, even I creating and saving it for a side and loaded it for opposite side.

My suggestion is for new roles in tactics. I would like to see offensive defenders. I remembered when Lucio carrying the ball from the defense to the attack as in Brazil as in Bayern and it would be another interesting offensive weapon to be used. Also, i would suggest the central midfield players (as attacking midfilders and normal central midfielders) had the option to go to the sides of the field with(out) the ball.

A suggestion I was talking through with a pal of mine was around the intake of youth players.

Year in, year out, an influx of regen 15/16 year old lads get uploaded into your youth academy without you having any kind of say. At clubs big and small, the manager would have a significant say in which players can be apart of the youth squads, even pre-contract.

What I'd like to see come the end of the season, is for your head of Youth Academy shows you a list of about 50 players, and you can pick your 20 odd choices? This would add to the realism.

On the topic of youth, when there is a trial day, why are the core of the players over 21? They should be between 14 and 16. If you're managing any club in the top tier, why would they look to a 20 something year old player?

Second main suggestion is around training.

As much as I admire the lay-out of the training programme and the options you can select for areas for improvement, why can you only concentrate on one aspect at a time? Why would I want my entire squad to focus on attacking? Why can't I set my defenders to concentrate on defending and my wingers to concentrate on attacking/crossing/dribbling? These specific duties used to be present up until FM12 and I think the flexability should be there again.

Also, an option to mirror player instructions.

Example:

If I play 4-4-2 and am setting instructions for my left winger, I want to be able to click a button where the same instructions can be set for the right winger - and modify where applicable.

The transfer regime still remains bizarre and unrealistic.

When I took over MUFC, I offered Fellaini at a stupidly low price of around £7 million - with the option to pay just £1 million up front. Not one team interested. Say what you like about Fellaini, but there would be at least some interest in the player?

Same with Wayne Rooney - I put him up for sale at the start of an FM save and not even an interested party. In real life, he'd attract interest from possibly PSG, Juve, Dortmund and possibly Arsenal - definately an L.A Galaxy / Chinese league club of sorts.

FM users have mentioned similar, time and time again - especially with teams paying silly money for a player and never actually playing him.

Also - the continous type of goal that is scored. Goals from crosses!

Sorry 62 pages is a long list to go through...

I would like a better interaction with the Board about seeing out contracts and offers to resign.

I have just completed a stint at Man Utd (there for 8 years) and let my contract run down but there was no way to communicate to the board, the media etc. that I planned to leave at the end of my contract - so there was no impact to the players/media or board influence, which was a shame.

I also notice there is no option to offer to resign - you can retire/resign but I would like the option to offer to resign say after a bad defeat/run of defeats and the board reject the offer/accept the offer so loyalty can be shown/leaked to the press etc.

Completely agree with this one. Also, over the years, noticed that as a manager, we're barely approached by other clubs. Managers should also have release clause on their contracts.

Archived