Mike7077

A sign I might be playing FM too much? (Involves a cat)

54 posts in this topic

So I was talking to my parents yesterday and, for reasons not worth going into, I had cause to refer to when we first got our cat. This was 18 years ago (he's still going strong, something of a feline Ryan Giggs). Anyway, instead of saying "when we got Felix", I said "when we signed Felix". Imagine their reaction; "signed?!". I guess I had Football Manager on the brain. Perhaps I'm playing a little too much?

Anyway, I'm figuring he deserves some kind of loyalty bonus - a large tuna perhaps?

Any cat-related football longevity puns are welcome at this point.

how much you sign felix for? what club did he play before joining said household...lol

Any chance of a picture of said cat?

Photo-0020.jpg

It's a bit grainy but it was taken during recent contract renewal negotiations on a camera sneaked in by a journo.

Yeah, its a Black Cat!! Did he form a midfield partnership with...

Lee CATtermole...??

how much you sign felix for? what club did he play before joining said household...lol
If its a black cat, he'd have been at Sunderland, of course...

Afraid not. We got from our rivals' youth academy (i.e. our neighbours' cat gave birth to him).

He's "looking complacent". Need to work on the team talk. Maybe some string would help to motivate him. Although he has been at the team for 18 years so I'm sure his influence is massive.

looks like he's ready to retire. should ask him if he's interested in a coaching position before he starts to moan about not being picked in the first team.

As long as he doesn't do the usual thing old players in FM do, and ask for £20k a week wage increase each year they get older then id say keep him around for tutoring :p

I'm worried about his pace attribute. At his peak he was a solid 16. Down to about 9 now. The mice are running rings around him. Fortunately his reflexes have held up well. Still a 13.

you should find as his pace decreases his mental stats go up a bit so he can position himself better before the attack ;)

you should find as his pace decreases his mental stats go up a bit so he can position himself better before the attack ;)

..and he may become suited to the role of SweePURR :-)

What are his stats for agility? I bet all of them have decreased due to his age. I say, sell him, or offer him a player/coach contract.

He handed in a transPURR request a few years back. But we inserted a Whiskas claws into his contract and things settled down.

..and he may become suited to the role of SweePURR :-)

That would avoid any CAT-astrophic performances against quicker younger more agile opponents.

Funny, I have a cat named Félix too... (Yes, with "é", since it's in French)

But even if I didn't say I signed Félix, sometimes it seems I forget that I am only a virtual manager, not a real one... Last year (Or maybe before, don't remember if it was with FM2011 or FM2010), I was a bit annoyed because I heard a player go in a team. I said "thanks for not coming in my team", before I realised the player was the real one who signed for a real team, and not the virtual one who (eventually) signed in my team.

every awful pun in this thread should result in death, you lot have no shame :D

Mike it's ok just as long as you don't stroke the cat on your lap doing a evil laugh when you are playing fm, then I think your allright

When I saw the thread title I thought oh my should I call the police and the RSPCA ? and 18 years ago ? treat him well, they very very rarely live past this timeframe

may i be the first to say its your tactics :D

You mean cat-tics :D

Maybe after such a long career he will have a scatue built in his honour...

What are his mental stats like? Perhaps before he retires, could sneak a few tutoring sessions in with some of the younger guys?

My girlfriend and I have also got a black cat named "Felix", snapped him up on a free last summer! At the moment he is serving his suspension in the bathroom for scratching up the sofa. Perhaps your Felix can tutor mine? He definately needs some work on his mentals..

My girlfriend saw me reading this thread, now she wants a cat. I hate you guys!

I thought you were going to say "My cat died because I've been playing FM so much I forgot to feed the bugger."

:(

I think you should offer a new improved long term contract and beg the cat to stay if it wants to leave. But that's just me - I'll do anything for pussy.

Everytime one of my players is "a whisker away from goal" I can't stop thinking about this thread....

Am I the only one who vaguely recalls a Brazilian Goalkeeper called Felix. I think he played in the '70 World Cup.

was that the year they were a whiska away from winning it?........

i need to leave this thread alone

was that the year they were a whiska away from winning it?........

Not at all, they won every match. They had a purr-fect record.

It was a whiska from being a cat-astrophe, but thankfully there has been a lot of good feline and some purr-fect puns.....