LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17383728 you just had to say it, didn't you! ;)
There you go, BBC twisting it again. He doesn't even say they are "the" best as the headline states, he just mentiones they are part of the premier leagues' great players, but not necessarily the best.

Messi wasn't one of Guardiola's "Go talk about him and he will sign" footballers anyway. That was more Xavi, Iniesta and Pique. So as long as they don't mention RvP then all is good.

We really should do another one of these.

That is f'ing brilliant.

at least post the official video :D

It was terrible, even for cup final songs

Edit: i take that back, ive just listened to the line in French about Remi Garde and Giles Grimandi :D and it p*sses on anything those fake cockney ***** have done down the road

Why would he go to Lazio? Obviously they have Klose and atm they're set for a place in Europe but we are the bigger and better team.

What would Lazio seriously be offering him? An extra £50,000 to the £100,000 or so we're offering?

Italian weather and Italian women?

I wouldn't mind living in Rome!

So Ferguson, Redknapp and Mancini are taking it turns watching Hazard while we've being watching him silently for about 4 years, be a waste of scouting effort and money when we don't continue our interest in him when the bidding gets over £15m

I'm starting to agree with the 'Hazard is a whore' statements now. Beyond belief at times the way he contradicts himself.

As for potential in's and out's, I'd be very happy if these came in: Younès Belhanda, Jan Vertonghen, Lukas Podolski and possible Yann M'Vila. All very possible in my opinion too. I'm not going to add Mario Götze though, there's no way he'll leave the Signal Iduna Park anytime soon.

Don't understand why we are going for Vertonghen. We have 3 quality center backs now stabilising the back line a bit. If we sign Vertonghen then Squillaci and Djourou certain to leave.

Not that that's a bad thing :D I just feel we don't need another one.

I'm starting to agree with the 'Hazard is a whore' statements now. Beyond belief at times the way he contradicts himself.

As for potential in's and out's, I'd be very happy if these came in: Younès Belhanda, Jan Vertonghen, Lukas Podolski and possible Yann M'Vila. All very possible in my opinion too. I'm not going to add Mario Götze though, there's no way he'll leave the Signal Iduna Park anytime soon.

Where do we fit all those players in? Next season we'll have Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Song, Rosicky, Coquelin, Diaby (for one or two games at least!) and that's just central midfielders.

I think the only kind of CM/AM we need is another physical, dynamic player who can rotate with Song. M'Vila would be perfect. I'd like to see Wilshere fielded as the most attacking CM, with Rosicky and Ramsey as backup.

I think I remember seeing the same story in January too.

Edit: here http://www.asantekotokosc.com/newsreel.php?news=11

Asked whether it was true that he would soon leave for trials with Barclays Premiership side Arsenal, Rahman said “It is true but I am now processing my documents. If everything succeeds you will definitely get to know”.

That's the official site too so must be true.

Linked with Algerian center back, Aymen Abdennour according to The Sun.

But we all know according to The Sun means its never going to happen.

Seems to me though being linked with all these center backs that we will be shipping off a few in the summer.

Getting rid of Squillaci and Djourou is needed imo.

If were to get Vertonghen in (I hope we do, from what I've read and heard he's supposed to be a very good CB who's got a good technical side to his game and sounds like he would fit right in) we would then have Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Bartley and him. Those are very good CB's and it puts us right up there with one of the best defences in the league and Europe.

Although maybe there is that problem of having too much quality and that causing issues, personally I'd rather see us getting in another quality CB and shipping out the deadwood. That's the difference for us between going for the title again and battling for 4th imo.

I would rather us not sign a top quality center half yet sign an upcoming young center half whos around 20 years old who won't be upset at being 4th choice but can come in and do a job if needed. Or sign a defensive midfielder and play him when song steps in as a 4th choice center half.

Archived