LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Arsenal, tried hard but for me game finished when Chamakh came on. I really don't want to be too critical of anyone but other than his assist for the winner against Liverpool, Song has been utter utter dog ***** over the last 2 games, he's far better than that. Anyhoo, nobody expected anything after the first leg and at least we can concentrate on the league, similar level of effort agains Newcastle on Monday please.

The van Persie chance

:(

never been so disappointed with a 3-0 win. By HT I was pretty sure that was our moment. Literally on the verge of tears at the moment, got all tanked up ready to go out and celebrate and everything

Song has been awful recently
That counter attack near the end summed him up at the moment. He needs to focus on what he used to do best and stop thinking he's an attacking option.

EVERYTHING was on our side. Did all my pre-match superstitions and everything. The Koscielny goal. I knew we'd go through. 2-0, Rosicky. It was easy. 3-0 before half time and it was guaranteed we'd get that one more goal. We came out in the second half ready to go. We were on top, we were creating chances and van Persie was through! One on one! AND HE MISSED! I'd easily swap 10 of his EPL goals for that to have gone in. Then we stopped, our performance dropped and that was it, over. Gutted.

I'm not disappointed at all, if anything I'm delighted.

What a performance. Spirited, influential, inspiring. There are so many superlatives that I can use, but none can fully explain the level of effort that we showed. I'm hoping that Arsène's anger towards the match officials doesn't spill over onto the players. There's no time or need to point fingers at any individual or circumstance. We have to be proud of that performance, channel our concentration on the Newcastle match and secure this fourth position.

Proud to be a Gooner.

There's no way I would swap 10 of his goals for that miss. What's the point of losing a chance to finish 4th for the sake of a chance to go out on penalties.

I don't mean that. But at that moment - without thinking - obviously I'd have taken it, anyone would have done I think!

Song has been awful recently

He's been running on empty for a while now. No rest and he's carrying an injury. Pretty heroic if you ask me.

Chamberlain had the flu last night, still turned in one of the best performances I have seen from an Arsenal player. Laurent Koscielny is the best CB I have seen since Sol Campbell. Woj the best keeper since Seaman. There's some real quality in this side.

Only being able to bring on Chamakh and Park is unacceptable. Those 2 aren't even good enough for a Championship side, it's embarrassing.

Decent effort but we have lost more key players tonight to injury. Typical.

Only being able to bring on Chamakh and Park is unacceptable. Those 2 aren't even good enough for a Championship side, it's embarrassing.

Decent effort but we have lost more key players tonight to injury. Typical.

When I'm feeling low, I always pop in to the Arsenal thread for some Sy13 optimism to cheer me up. :)

I haven't noticed much hate for Park. It's more that in the situation we were in tonight it would have been ideal to have some experience or quality to call upon, but things can't always be ideal.

Obviously it was always going to be difficult tonight and we done brilliantly to score 3 and not concede. But as it turned out it seems like Milan were there for the taken and we really could of done it. Van Persie maaannnn?? Of course because of how good hes been its forgiven and who knows what would of happened even if he did score. The injuries to Ox and Theo changed things as well. It was always going to be a strange match.

On a more positive note:

- Not lost at Emirates since Man Utd game in late Jan

- Won our last 3 games against Spurs, Liverpool and AC Milan

- We've scored 18 goals in our last 4 home games

Bit of a lack of depth there but great performance, I was marking out in that first half. RvP :( I thought a little side foot to the right (keepers left) seemed the more obvious choice. I can understand why he didn't go for power.

Milan were probably worse than you in the 1st leg. You just know Milan will get a decent draw and some pile of poo will end up in the semi finals :/

Just watched the highlights and the commentator's "BASE CAMP!" after our second goal, plus Neville's "Bingo Time" after AOC won the penalty both just classic Partridge-esque moments. :D

I don't mind Gary Neville as a pundit or co-commentator. He does tend to go on a bit when he's co-commentating but at least he doesn't talk rubbish all the time like Tony Gayle (who does too many of our Football First matches for my liking!).

I thought Vermaelen was looking back to his best again last night too.

Archived