LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Pretty confident that Wenger said in the "Press Conference Digest" piece on the Arsenal website that Arshavin wasn't going anywhere. Just like Fabregas and Nasri weren't going anywhere in the summer.

He did, they've removed it now though! Made me think of Myles Palmers line "our favourite french dictator"

It's the right move, but it's sad. I'm going to miss Andrey.
Same, although I've missed him for the last season and a half. I watched the 4-4 at Liverpool again recently. That game epitomised his Arsenal career at that point. So abysmal before the opening goal, clinical thereafter.

Delighted that useless lazy clown has been given the boot. Shame we couldn’t get a fee but I guess nobody in football is stupid enough to pay money for him.

We did get 1 million in loan fee and possibly a future fee at the end of the season if Zenit wants to sign him permanently.

I can understand when we had Cesc and Nasri why Andrey wouldn't play there. When Wilshere was fit I could understand, even when Ramsey was on form I could understand why Andrey wasn't played behind the striker, but when no-one is in form there, why didnt Wenger give Arshavin a chance?

Really don't understand why we let Arshavin out on loan now...I know he's useless, but we've basically just lost a player. I guess it's convenient for the club he's gone now opposed to a transfer window, since now they don't have to bring in a replacement.

Anyway, I really want to avoid the following scenarios tomorrow:

1) Us losing after being clearly ahead.

2) Us being thrashed.

Anything else will be fine. I don't expect much.

• SI Staff

Palmer nicked that from another blog that made it up, I'd say some of them are fairly accurate and some of them not.

What isn't talking into account at all is bonuses, which is something no one really has a clue on

Archived