LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

Today wasbt wengers fault at all so you can all stop whinging and calling for the sack ffs!

Players didnt want to win this apart frm the ox and rvp.

Rosicky arshavin djourou song walcottall a waste of space no effort no passion no nothing. Wenger brought these players in which you will argue is his fault but sometimrs they play well, today they just couldnt be bothered.

They need to be dropped from the squad and play on the reserves to gain back their place. End of.

RvP i wouldnt blame if he left in the summer. Be a miracle if we achieved 4th.

Everything you just said completely contradicts your first line :rolleyes:

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today wasbt wengers fault at all so you can all stop whinging and calling for the sack ffs!

Rosicky arshavin djourou song walcottall a waste of space no effort no passion no nothing. Wenger brought these players in which you will argue is his fault but sometimrs they play well, today they just couldnt be bothered.

They need to be dropped from the squad and play on the reserves to gain back their place. End of.

Who installs passion, the gaffer. Moyes would be the right man, spends on nearly always useful players, finds bargains for cheap, makes the most of the market, and after many years of lack of budget he's reached finals, and been consistent, and made Everton such a solid team, so hard to beat. And Arsenal, everytime I see them play before-hand I'm thinking they'll lose.

You will just go dowhill from here on in, last summer there was massive pressure to spend, Wenger said he would, he didn't on first teamers, bar Mert who's not really going to be the next top Prem defender.

As an Outsider I've been contemplating over the last 53years how frustrated I would be as an Arsenal fan, I would just go mental after every game. From 7-1 to this every single week, the 7-1 definately saved Wenger's arse for a while I think.

Who are Arteta, Gervinho, Santos then?

The reality is last summer was the problem but was the case the board or the manager? Wenger isn't stupid but he is stubborn.

Song was our best player today you dolt.

Wasn't it 10 for Arteta, and they sold Fab for 30.

Arteta, closing in on 30, not as good enough, or that money for his age, hideous.

Sell Clichy and bring Santos in, wasn't it a bit late in the transfer window and desperate also.

Gervinho, decent. But jesus with Nasri's money as well as the budget they should have from other sales and profits it's quite shocking.

It doesn't prove it however it does suggest that they aren't eating out of his hand.

And yet the Sunderland players will clearly run through brick walls for O'Neil. Remind me what their team is worth again....?

Wenger used to be brilliant, he isn't anymore. When a cancer sets it you have to cut it out before it becomes deadly.

Arteta, closing in on 30, not as good enough, or that money for his age, hideous.

Sell Clichy and bring Santos in, wasn't it a bit late in the transfer window and desperate also.

Gervinho, decent. But jesus with Nasri's money as well as the budget they should have from other sales and profits it's quite shocking.

You can't replace Cesc as he was just a bit good. Arteta has come in and played a different role and has been good season. Clichy was terrible for us last season and was going stale, Santos is decent but agree late signing and certainly a bit desperate.

That is the point the profits are quite shocking, however is that wenger or the board?

And yet the Sunderland players will clearly run through brick walls for O'Neil. Remind me what their team is worth again....?

Wenger used to be brilliant, he isn't anymore. When a cancer sets it you have to cut it out before it becomes deadly.

Perhaps he isn't the cancer, but has the cancer set into him? I agree with the motivation point regarding Sunderland's.

I am not sure what all this 'Wenger has ruined Walcott' stuff is. Walcott is not a finisher for me, never seen it in him and I would hope there's more to his desire to play in the middle than just wanting to play in the middle i.e. he sort of knows what to do but all evidence points to that not being the case. He doesn't have the nouse for it aside from not being a finisher.

The strange thing is Arsenal are still in with a major shout for 4th, the only hope is you get in and actually do the 're-building' that's been talked about for about 5 years now. I cannot see any way in which RvP re-signs, even if he loves Arsenal to death he wants progress and season after season players do not get signed of the necessary ability. Fabregas was more than patient before moving on.

It's really frustrating to watch from the outside too actually.

We didnt buy Arteta as a Cesc replacement. Wilshere is Cesc's replacement.

Wenger's in trouble and if the board back him so much he might as well come out in the media and say he hasn't had much to work with.

I'm not saying replacing Cesc, but to spend a third of his money on a 29 year old player who's classy yet getting on a bit, and not going to set the world alight like a youngster perhaps is sad.

Wenger's in trouble and if the board back him so much he might as well come out in the media and say he hasn't had much to work with.

I'm not saying replacing Cesc, but to spend a third of his money on a 29 year old player who's classy yet getting on a bit, and not going to set the world alight like a youngster perhaps is sad.

Perhaps Wenger has too much honour or whatever to do that.

• SI Staff

I'd go for Moyes, I think hes someone who wouldn't tolerate ********, develops young players well and will have a good vision for the club going forward.

Rafa would probably make us solid but his youth policy and general signing lots of **** players would in the long term regress the club.

I'd go for Moyes, I think hes someone who wouldn't tolerate ********, develops young players well and will have a good vision for the club going forward.

Rafa would probably make us solid but his youth policy and general signing lots of **** players would in the long term regress the club.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=57&idioma=in

Theo's dribbling hasn't improved whatsoever though.

Thats cause hes just not very good, a player who has dined out on that one decent England performance for the best part of 2 + years now. Im amazed that Wenger has bothered with him considering he doesn't normally have any particular loyalty to English players. Honestly hes the most non descript average winger in the league, his only good point is he is quicker than **** off a shovel, just a shame he cant dribble, pass, cross, header or track back :D

If you want to sack AW wait for AvB in the summer.

Yes please take AVB off of us... In fact Ill gladly swap you AVB for Wenger. And I hate Wenger with a passion, but I genuinely believe if his hands weren't tied by the board he could create a great side again - cant say the same for AVB. Watching that game today I almost felt sorry for all your AFc fans. I should stress the word ALMOST. I mean honestly VS Milan theres the excuse of your lack of budget and spending power, but VS Sunderland there is no such excuse, they are team who looked relegation prospects earlier this season and they utterly dominated that game today. Cattermole and Larsson were immense as were most of their players... They even made RVP look ordinary today

There's no way Wenger gets sacked anyway, he gets to walk away at the end of the season if he chooses.

I wish, once and for all, we could get to the bottom of this 'how the feck much money do you feckin have to spend'!!!

I have always been of the thinking that you don't have as much as keeps getting reported 'we have 40m' etc and that Wenger is like he is because he has to be. No one from the board says anything except to say 'we have 40m to spend' yet it never gets spent. Time after time after time.

For all the 'this is Wenger's project' and 'he wants to win it this way' you'd have to be insane to not dip into this mythical 40m at least once in the last 8 zillion years you have had apparently had 40m to spend!

Who is telling the truth. Someone saying 'look, we're in a pickle, there's not much cash and Wenger has done unbelievable' would go a long way to Arsenal fans understand that is has to be like this not that someone is choosing for it to be like this.

Why would someone from the board not speak out and say 'we don't have all that much actually'? Is there really a huge pile of cash and Wenger flat out refuses to spend it? I mean really? It just cannot be so, it's too freaking insane. If that money isn't there why on earth is Wenger taking it on the chin.

I mean, what is the bloody truth and why won't someone say for 100% fact??

Any chance if Wenger walks away then this Usmanov or whatever his name is steps in, brings in a high profile Manager and then says 'right, that's that done now let's go buy ourselves a title'?

There's no way Wenger gets sacked anyway, he gets to walk away at the end of the season if he chooses.

I wish, once and for all, we could get to the bottom of this 'how the feck much money do you feckin have to spend'!!!

I have always been of the thinking that you don't have as much as keeps getting reported 'we have 40m' etc and that Wenger is like he is because he has to be. No one from the board says anything except to say 'we have 40m to spend' yet it never gets spent. Time after time after time.

For all the 'this is Wenger's project' and 'he wants to win it this way' you'd have to be insane to not dip into this mythical 40m at least once in the last 8 zillion years you have had apparently had 40m to spend!

Who is telling the truth. Someone saying 'look, we're in a pickle, there's not much cash and Wenger has done unbelievable' would go a long way to Arsenal fans understand that is has to be like this not that someone is choosing for it to be like this.

Why would someone from the board not speak out and say 'we don't have all that much actually'? Is there really a huge pile of cash and Wenger flat out refuses to spend it? I mean really? It just cannot be so, it's too freaking insane. If that money isn't there why on earth is Wenger taking it on the chin.

I mean, what is the bloody truth and why won't someone say for 100% fact??

Any chance if Wenger walks away then this Usmanov or whatever his name is steps in, brings in a high profile Manager and then says 'right, that's that done now let's go buy ourselves a title'?

A very long time ago AW was asked what he'd do if he was given £100m to spend. His answer: "I'd give it straight back to you!".

Says it all.

I said Moyes nearly 2 years ago in this thread and got laughed out of court.

Two years ago we were in a better place and it certainly wasn't clear that we would have such continuous failure. We have been unlucky but we haven't dealt with the consequences of this bad luck which why we have failed

A very long time ago AW was asked what he'd do if he was given £100m to spend. His answer: "I'd give it straight back to you!".

Says it all.

Was he 'just saying that though' as a couple of year ago things with stadium payments may have been more of a problem so just fending off questions/going down the 'it's my project' line?

Do Arsenal fans really think there is this warchest of funds? I mean, seriously?

Two years ago we were in a better place and it certainly wasn't clear that we would have such continuous failure. We have been unlucky but we haven't dealt with the consequences of this bad luck which why we have failed

You're blaming bad luck for all this??

Oh. My. Bleeping. God.

You're blaming bad luck for all this??

Oh. My. Bleeping. God.

Wait...Where did I blame bad luck for this? what I said was we have been unlucky, of course we have, however things such as lots of injuries we just haven't dealt with or the consequences such as loss in form or whatever which is why we failed. Man U have had some terrible luck but they deal with it much better.

Every Club has spells of bad luck. It is how you deal with them which matters.

Really sad to see Arsenal in the trouble they are in at the moment, I know some people will massively disagree with this but I'm still not utterly convinced that Wenger is the problem. I don't buy the 'he's just lost it argument' that a few people seem to be throwing about.

This is a manager who has accomplished a lot in football and has created some seriously good and effective winning teams in the past. That knowledge and capability doesn't just disappear. Even if Arsenal do get rid of him I can't see anyone else doing a better job with the current spending policy. And while I may be wrong, I think its the boards restrictions that result in this policy rather than Wenger's own personal choice.

Of course Arsenal may not have the money to spend big at the moment although that does seem unlikely following last summers sales...

Wait...Where did I blame bad luck for this? what I said was we have been unlucky, of course we have, however things such as lots of injuries we just haven't dealt with or the consequences such as loss in form or whatever which is why we failed. Man U have had some terrible luck but they deal with it much better.

Every Club has spells of bad luck. It is how you deal with them which matters.

I see what you're saying now. Sorry I bit.

You are right, United are the perfect example of how to handle lots of injuries and bad luck and it proves how incapable AW has become.

Really sad to see Arsenal in the trouble they are in at the moment, I know some people will massively disagree with this but I'm still not utterly convinced that Wenger is the problem. I don't buy the 'he's just lost it argument' that a few people seem to be throwing about.

This is a manager who has accomplished a lot in football and has created some seriously good and effective winning teams in the past. That knowledge and capability doesn't just disappear. Even if Arsenal do get rid of him I can't see anyone else doing a better job with the current spending policy. And while I may be wrong, I think a lot of that responsibility lies with the board making more money available than Wenger's own personal transfer policy.

Of course Arsenal may not have the money to spend big at the moment although that does seem unlikely following last summers sales...

That's not the point, there clearly is money there to spend, AW spent over £50m last summer and look what he got. For that money he could have had Mata, Podolski, Cahill, and Parker.

I see what you're saying now. Sorry I bit.

You are right, United are the perfect example of how to handle lots of injuries and bad luck and it proves how incapable AW has become.

My issue is with the whole Wenger out thing is to blame is for me it is flawed. However not sure if he can turn it around.

My issue is with the whole Wenger out thing is to blame is for me it is flawed. However not sure if he can turn it around.

A lot of people (including me) said last summer was AW's biggest ever transfer window. He blew it.

In my opinion he cannot be given another summer to eff it up even more.

That's not the point, there clearly is money there to spend, AW spent over £50m last summer and look what he got. For that money he could have had Mata, Podolski, Cahill, and Parker.

True but the counter argument is wage structure, those are top players demanding big expensive contracts, would the board allow the subsequent outlay in wages for those transfers to go through?

It's like SJ just said, did he blow it or was he obstructed? I simply don't know cause I don't know the facts. I find it more likely that he was obstructed rather than Wenger just lost all his managerial and footballing capabilities.

He spent over £50m on the dross we've got now instead of on Mata, Cahill, Podolski, and Parker so yes, he did blow it.

Fair enough, all the players seemed to be available, I think the Podolski deal ran into problems but it was widely reported Mata was available before he ended up at Chelsea.

I like how Wenger has his own valuations, he decides this player is worth X amount .... but he's the only one doing that :D If he'd just spent an extra 3 or 4m on Cahill he'd have had him the 1/2 season before instead of Mertesacker. I think Parker would have been a great signing

Archived