LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who takes a striker who is lighting fast, times runs superbly hardly ever offside, and had decent finishing but has no dribbling ability can't cross and had no creativity and puts him on the wing?

I think Henry really set up Wenger's mindset on how to devlop young strikers. Starting off as an ace young striker Wenger put him on the wing for Monaco in the hopes of improving his dribbling. It did, and Wenger put him back upfront when he got Henry back off Juventus.

Consider the Walcott signing, he said right at the start he wanted to do exactly the same, start Theo off as a winger for a few seasons to improve his Winger then switch him backup front.

Of course that all seems to be forgotten now and Theo is stuck out wide. :(

I agree with the comments about Vela as well.

@Sy once again it is how you developed your points which made you idiotic, full of hyperbole and bollocks

And yet I am being proved more right as every game passes. Annoying isn't it!?

Look, it's now 7 seasons without a trophy. Unacceptable. With all the daily crap I (like everyone else) have to put up with I want to look forward to the football at the weekend. I haven't done that since the CC final last season and that was a one-off in over 5 years. Any Arsenal fan that seriously, seriously thinks AW is the right man for the job needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Apart from AvB, Pulis, and Martinez I really believe every other EPL manager would get much more out of this squad compared to AW. He has totally lost it and has no chance to win them back.

The squad is mostly ****. The first team is good enough for fourth but we haven't got that team out on the pitch. The reality is this is all caused by last summer and where does that blame lie? I am not sure.

If you really don't know then there is no hope for you.

And yet I am being proved more right as every game passes. Annoying isn't it!?

Look, it's now 7 seasons without a trophy. Unacceptable. With all the daily crap I (like everyone else) have to put up with I want to look forward to the football at the weekend. I haven't done that since the CC final last season and that was a one-off in over 5 years. Any Arsenal fan that seriously, seriously thinks AW is the right man for the job needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Apart from AvB, Pulis, and Martinez I really believe every other EPL manager would get much more out of this squad compared to AW. He has totally lost it and has no chance to win them back.

Alex McLeish is all yours then mate. :D

It's a Dave Jones situation.

Sack him now before this **** lasts another 3 years.

The Arsenal board might just get Jones as his replacement though. :O

However could it not be the board who have caused this? However even if it is the more this goes the less likely it is that Wenger can have a positive effect.

Today wasbt wengers fault at all so you can all stop whinging and calling for the sack ffs!

Players didnt want to win this apart frm the ox and rvp.

Rosicky arshavin djourou song walcottall a waste of space no effort no passion no nothing. Wenger brought these players in which you will argue is his fault but sometimrs they play well, today they just couldnt be bothered.

They need to be dropped from the squad and play on the reserves to gain back their place. End of.

RvP i wouldnt blame if he left in the summer. Be a miracle if we achieved 4th.

You will just go dowhill from here on in, last summer there was massive pressure to spend, Wenger said he would, he didn't on first teamers, bar Mert who's not really going to be the next top Prem defender.

As an Outsider I've been contemplating over the last 53years how frustrated I would be as an Arsenal fan, I would just go mental after every game. From 7-1 to this every single week, the 7-1 definately saved Wenger's arse for a while I think.

Archived