Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

It has probably been said numerous times before but i would just like to be able to do something with the money i make. At this point it doesn't really serve any purpose to get paid, I realize that it's not likely that i'll be able to buy myself into the board through stocks or whatever but just being able to do something with it would be great!

And now back to studying :|

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has probably been said numerous times before but i would just like to be able to do something with the money i make. At this point it doesn't really serve any purpose to get paid, I realize that it's not likely that i'll be able to buy myself into the board through stocks or whatever but just being able to do something with it would be great!

And now back to studying :|

The standard answer to that always has been and will be:

The higher your wages the less likely you will be fired or poached as the compensation would be quite high.

Personally I don't need any other purposes.

Here are my wishes for FM 2012

1. That it is possible to set Future-Loans in the Editor and that they will work (like future transfers)

2. A Live-Season editor - that would allow to manually edit the season results of each team (for example editable in the real-fixture list)

That mean's then one could start at any date between 1.7.xxx and 30.6.xxx

and play with the actual table.

You just needed to manually edit the season results of the teams.

I think then the FM would be nearly perfect -:)

When i buy players under 20 i usually save a screenshot of them so a few years later i can compare and see how that player developed, unfortunately when i open up folders or programs while FM's open, my PC becomes really really slow, so .. i would really like seeing some sort of in game tool which would allow us to store screenshots of players attributes inside the game, like a little notebook but for pictures.

Probably been mentioned before but I would like to random events such as players getting into trouble with the law, car crashes etc. It obviously could not happen too often but in todays game these things do pop up occasionaly

That does happen with the regens when your a few years into the game. I think Miles Jacobsen was talking about it on one of the podcasts, and it was decided it might cause legal problems if you had real players doing things they maybe shouldn't be doing as it could damage their reputation.

Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.

Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.

Not asking much, are you?

In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=6371665&viewfull=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.

The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.

In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.

Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:

Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.

If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:

65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:

80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.

45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.

(Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).

I would like to see a option to change the ways points are distibuted .

3 points for a win , 2 for a draw , 1 for a loss ? Extra points for a win over 3 goals or extra time etc etc

that's funny

Hey Guys,

I'm coming into FM 2011 a little late here, and while I consider myself a bit of a CM/FM veteran, I'm still a completely clueless newbie to the REAL workings of footballer wheeling/dealing.

All throughout the game I rely heavily on my Assistant Manager's advice while starting up and really miss not getting any sort of feedback on these agent offers.

Like, sure, I know that my scouts and assistant manager's advise me to sign a hot prospect but then, once in the negotiations, I have nobody there to offer me some feedback as to whether they think this is a reasonable valuation or if the agent is wasting my time with over hyped malarky.

In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=6371665&viewfull=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.

The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.

In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.

Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:

Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.

If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:

65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:

80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.

45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.

(Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).

Go one further. Make it an arbitrary number of languages. Some countries, like Belgium, have lots more languages commonplace.

What about the chance to send coaches away on courses and training?

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.

I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

I partly agree. Players looking like the real thing is nonsense off course. But the stadiums could be much better. I suggested it before: An pre-(or in-)game stadium editor. The building blocks are all there in the game allready. Let enthousiasts and modders build the stadiums from these blocks to make them look like the real thing. Not a lot of work for SI to make the stadiums editable I would guess.

The only stand type I really miss in the game is the 'no stand'-type. Just grass with a little fence and some advertisement boarding. A common stand-type in lower league. Other additions could be curved stands (like you see in italy and eastern europe) or grounds with an athletics track around them (seen a lot in scandinavia). Maybe a step too far though.

An other nice addition, and probably not so hard to accomplish: to be able to change the colours of the seats to write "SPURS", "LUFC" or "HAWAY THE LADS" or something like that.

I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Coaching badges would be a good idea. Instead of any old player just walking into a coaching job, you could perhaps suggest that a player thinks about taking his badges for a future role. If they don't then they wouldn't be allowed to be offered the job.

I would love to see or have reported to me on a weekly or monthly basis (it should be your choice) a report on how well the whole team are training not just the top three best and worst trainee's of the month.

They could (as they do now) have what they have trained well in over the month (e.g. aerobic, strength, etc.) and then it could also mention there attitude in the training sessions (e.g. lazy, cocky, bored, distant,enjoying his football at the club (ultimately he's happy), etc.)

So for example you could have:

Andy Carroll has made improvements on his jumping this week and is enjoying his football at the club.

or

Xisco has decreased in his finishing and looks distant in training, I think he may be looking to move on.

What do you guys think of the idea, I know its not perfect but it would be a nice addition and will help you pick a team for the weekend, because lets face it a player can have a great game one week and a poor one the next.

A few easy and logical additions to the player interaction:

Example 1:

Player 'x' is unhappy about your dealing with a transfer

Additional replies:

'We don't need the money, but we need you'

'The offer was good, but not the right value - I value you much more'

'You are vital to the team. You aren't going anywhere'

'You will be going as soon as we get a good enough offer for you'

'In the future, you will be getting first team game. I'll let you out on loan though'

Example 2:

Player 'y' is unhappy about his contract:

'Prove yourself on the pitch - show me what you've got' - followed by the option to say 'its not quite good enough, step it up' or 'Congratulations: You've been excellent, here is your new contract. Keep it up.'

'Unfortunately, we will break our wage structure. However, we do appreciate your concerns, and would be glad to offer an extension'

'We cannot do that, it will break our wage structure'

'You are vital to our team - as a result we will be glad to offer you a new, improved contract'

All of these are far more complimentary, less conflictory, as a real manager would do.

I think we should be able to talk to our staff too. For example telling a coach who doesn't want to extend his contract "I need you" or telling asistant manager not to loose his temper in press conferences.

And it would be good if players talk more. They (especially captains) can comment on big games (not just in the end of the season) and maybe we can choose a player to join to a press conference beside us.

Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.

A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.

However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:

- Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):

- Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences

- Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.

Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium

- Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:

1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.

i think its been very well documented by all of us here and even our friends that play the game, the player/club/board interaction was a great step forward, but it has a long way to go before we are completely satisfied.

in addition, i would love to see a player interaction or a manager interaction being less than kind so to speak about the last match or next match or something like that.

example being, my man utd side beating man city on the first game of the season, i want to tell mancini he is a joke of a manager with no idea how to manage in England if his team play that style of football - any one else think that in real life?? haha

apart from that, im very happy with the game! awesome! bring on 2012

Probably been mentioned before but I would like to random events such as players getting into trouble with the law, car crashes etc. It obviously could not happen too often but in todays game these things do pop up occasionaly

There are lot's of legal issues with that, and therefore will never happen. It's technically libelous. Not that i wouldn't like to see that in my game.

Seeing as that is your first post, i will presume you are trolling :D

I agree about the stadiums, but it is not viable. I think a better way of doing it is to categorise stadiums. So top tier stadium like Nou Camp, or the Bernabau have their own model, White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge have a different model, and so on, and then personalise the stadiums somehow to suggest what club they are at. Some extra work, but i think that is more viable than individualising each and every stadia. I know the game does this to a degree, but if it could fine tuned so that we really see a difference between top stadiums and average ones. The lower league ones are fine imo.

Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.

A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.

However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:

- Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):

- Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences

- Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.

Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium

- Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:

1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.

This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version

What about the chance to send coaches away on courses and training?

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.

I like that idea Deisler26. Would love that in the game.

This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version

I like the idea of asking for the groundshare (Although that will be more rare if there's the rival nearby but nonetheless, a good idea!)

international finance ........manager and coach getting paid !! get into the world cup or EURO's and the your FA gets Lots of money

and also would like to see the january transfers in patch 3 update to go through in january not at the start of the game !!!!

thanks

i did a few threads about the international part of FM and just looking at what happening in real life the last 2 seasons......

at the end of 2008-09 and this season ireland have held an end of season training camp where members from the 1st team, B team, U-23 team and U-21 team had a 7 day training camp and 2 practice games which resulted in a lot of young and fringe players getting picked in the matches against Paraguay and Algeria......

so maybe its time to put something like this in the game.......if you don't get into a major summer tournament you get a traning camp where you can call up as many players as you wish (not just 26 players) and still play 2 or 3 international friendly games.

currently if you don't get into WC or EC it really is barren. you play 1 game and thats it .......its not realistic ...

and if you qualified for WC or EC then instead of playing 1game and picking your 23man team 7 days before a your first game.

Why not have a training camp in another country and play 2 or 3 games where you get feed back on who might sneak into the final squad....just like in real life......i dont wont to end on a sour note but i dont know why this sort of thing isn't in the game yet....its like the international part FM2008 was the best ......but SI hasn't really improved it in 3 years now

Hi All,

This is my first post on this site, so please be gentle.

I've played CM since its beginning in the '90s I think, and watched it evolve into FM 2011. It seems that a lot of effort has gone into the match engine, to the detriment of other long standing issues.

For instance :- In almost every version I've played since the start, Brighton still change shirt colour when playing at HOME to Gillingham (?) and vice versa.

Neither Man City nor Coventry change when playing against other teams in blue.

These faults have been around for years and during that time I've noticed other shirt changing issues but can't remember them now.

It's also about time a decent 'saved game editor' was made available, so we could all change our teams away shirt colours every season, as they do in the real world.

Regards

Alan

What I would like to see in FM12?

- Training Camps

In the january pause, wherever there is one and in the preseason teams should be able to go to into training camps. There would be different options for where to go with different benefits:

Type 1 : - Big Boost to Match fitness

- Bigger Training Score for Physical Training

Type 2 : - Boost in Technical Training Scores

- Boost in morale.

Type 3 : - Boost in Match Preparation Tactics

Type 4 : - A little boost in every section

- More detailed manager contracts

Not everywhere in the world every manager has full control on the team. This should be specified in the contracts wether the manager gets or not full control. There are alot of clubs that do the transfers for the manager ( both selling and buying ) and so on. I think this should be reflected in FM as a negociable option in the manager's contract.

- More features for the Youth System

Be able to invest on certain zones in the world and bring youngsters from there.

- New Training Module

The training module currently does not reflect reality nor does it matter enough.

We should be able to choose how many trainings we want to do each day and what the scope of those training times would be. Also the training should have some sort of effect similar to Match Preparation when going into match, not just attribute wise.

- More control over finances and club structure

Be able to modify ticket prices, build infrastructure, more control on merchandise, etc.

Your last point on training was how it was once, it went away after FM05- you set up daily regimen with different type of exercises like shadow play, piggy in the middle, etc. IIRC there was a lot of complaints about it (I didn't care for it so much either, was a lot of work to set up and tweak and the feedback on what it did was pretty nonexistent), so it moved in the direction it now is with the sliders and focus areas.

You're right, as it is now, it is abstracted - the sliders and training categories assume the relevant training exercises are happening to develop each skill. I wouldn't mind seeing a compromise of sorts- something philosophically like the tactics creator where you can use it, or use the classic clicks and notches system, or even a bit of both. Training is one of those where I think some would like to micro-control you are suggesting, while others prefer something abstract and easy to use. Maybe a training wizard?

Archived