Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14wbrps.jpg

Déjà vu :D:thup:

Yes. : D I think it is really needed as it is pretty big part of the game. And watching and listening to the same things for years is really boring.

And I am disappointed that I wasn't sure if I spelled commentary correctly. : D

Wow, only read the last page and I saw so many amazing ideas.

1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.

3. Manager interaction. As many have said, I'd like to give/get advice from other managers and have a blast at referees. There's so much room for improvement in this area and I'd like to see a major breakthrough in this in FM2012.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.

5. Fans. I'd like to compliment my supporters on home and away games. Maybe have a private chat with the fans' spokeperson whenever I want and tell him ideas or hear ideas about signins that fans want to see. Just to make things very realistic.

6. The chairman. You can manage a club and the success doesn't matter.. you can't get sacked! This is a major flaw in the game! Someone said something about job interviews on this thread. THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! I have been wanting to see that in every FM game. In the start of the game, when you pick a club to manage, the chairman summons you to a meeting. He wants to know what strategy you are going to use on the pitch. Let's say you get a 3-year contract (this is also annoying.. you always get a 2-year contract). Okay, lets say 3-year contract and he wants to know what your ambitions are for the next three seasons and if you intend to spend big money or develop your own players. REALISTIC is again, key here.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.

So many things that can improve but these points are the ones I'd like to see in FM2012.

http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

tactix1a.jpg

tactx3d.jpg

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,

plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Dont think I would like this. The season takes long enough as it is.

I downloaded a CM demo a couple of years ago, thinking that the visualisation of training would be interesting. Admittedly, it was poorly implemented, but the interest factor wanes pretty quickly. It really isnt that interesting watch your players do the same thing over and over.

I prefer the current, macro managed training better, although its not greatly implemented either.

Hey all. Another great game with more great improvements on previous years, well done SI.

I'm wondering, especially since the introduction of female managers, whether women's football could finally be getting some of the recognition it deserves. I'm a huge fan of Australia's national team, the Matildas, and our little W-League is beginning to get along now too (Come on you Victory Girls!)

I'd love to see Women's football implemented on a wider level. How cool would it be to take on this challenge, virtual unknowns in many ways, but yet still teams you're familiar with (ie Arsenal Ladies, Portsmouth Ladies, QPR Ladies, etc.) Or if you wanted to hit the women's bigtime, take on a team in the US, or one of the bigger Scandinavian leagues.

Also, I must say the weak spot in Football Manager is sound. I'd love an excuse to turn the speakers on, right now I play in silence. That's fine, perfectly adequate. But to hear some chants going up in different sections of the crowd. This could be implemented with a few soundbytes, and allow customisation, so people can install their own chants they grab from the web (love to hear Melbourne Victory's South End in-game singing "I Wanna Be Victory", or the whole stadium going with NESW)

I'm sure such things as these will possibly get looked at with time.

I also love the idea of a job interview that has been mentioned above, then at the end of it, the board come down to you with their idea of what you can achieve. I tend to feel a bit funny when you pick your own budget at the start of the season.

Finally another poster touched on club reputation, particular with things like booking a tour across Asia. Currently, it doesn't feel like a tour, it's just another match you've booked - there is no allowance for travel (nor any tiredness on the players - unless they're coming back from internationals). It would be good if it could be set up as a proper tour-style trip, where you set up a run of matches across different locations within close proximity. And this should then hopefully reflect on the reputation figure, and drive revenue up.

I'm also curious on reputation, why is it a singular figure? Celtic for example have a huge reputation, but their earning power is eclipsed completely by the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, and the other big guns. Similarly, Beijing Goaun are a rich rich Chinese team, but noone outside Asia would have heard of them. Finally, as another example, Australian teams like Perth Glory and North Queensland Fury (RIP), who have NO money, and a salary cap to boot, PLUS no international profile or reputation, yet still manage to attract the likes of Robbie Fowler to come and play for them. Also, Jason Culina, PSV stalwart, was attracted home in the prime of his career to pull on Gold Coast United's jersey. Dwight Yorke and Juninho have spent time in Australia, too. Reputation should perhaps be considered a series of figures, such as "Earning power", "Marketability", "Attractiveness to players", "Network with other teams", etc.

Anyway. My two cents. Hope I have made sense (and that my ideas, and others' who have inspired me, are taken on!) Best of luck. Now back to solidifying Nottingham Forest in the Premier League again in FM 11 ;)...

1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".

I was out of the scene for years at one point, but I believe there was micro-managed training at some point. Was there? I'm perfectly happy with the philosophy that is in place now. You hire the coaches and the coaches decide how to train the players. That's good. Perhaps it would be nice to have more feedback about the quality of the coaches and training. We have the star system, but I don't know if a coach is underperforming or overperforming and I don't know where to look for signs. Or if these signs exist in the first place. The training levels are also somewhat abstract. I have no idea which things exactly affect them or whether they are less than they should be or more.

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.

There's already the possibility to enquire about a player in the make offer screen. That could perhaps be expanded, but this basically exists, even if not in the way you wish.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.

I don't see how this is impossible to do right now.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.

Have you checked whether this is what happens already? I don't think that it should be resulting in anything crazy though. It would be nice to have backroom staff recommend this kind of tour though if it would be viable.

EDIT: I realised that this post may come across as a tad negative. The rest of the points were just something that I didn't feel like I had anything to add. Most likely I thought they were good ideas. :)

Would like to see players sent to the local golf club to build team morale and have them sent on to a massage pal-our for relaxation afterwards, also players missing training as they lose there car's at railway stations in Spain, just a thought :D

Playing as a lower division club, I've reminded myself that I spend an awful lot of time perusing the players that are transfer listed, available for loan or otherwise unattached. This tends to result in looking at upwards of fifty players at any given time, hoping to find anyone who is half-decent. It also means I'll stumble across the same players, even though I have already decided they're "not good enough" for my team.

Maybe I'm in the minority of people who have such a problem, but I got to thinking how useful I would find it if there was some form of indication given that I'd already looked at a certain player. Perhaps their name could be displayed in a different colour, or they could have an asterisk after it; anything that would separate the players I'd viewed from those I hadn't. Ideally, it would be something you could customise the range of, so you could choose to have it only apply to players you've looked at since the last continue, in the past week of the game, in the current transfer window, or whatever. Also be able to turn it off completely if you didn't care for such a feature. Probably something that there isn't a great demand for, but I figured there's no harm in throwing it out there.

In my game, after Real Madrid sacked his manager (I suppose), I saw Kakà on transfer list. But I saw it just because I went to the transfer list of my will.

I think I should get info on when such players get listed (since I can be contacted by agents in the game, it's simplier this way). Funny that Kakà was listed for very few days. When there wasn't a manager at the club I suppose.

I realism is important to the game, here's a few ideas.

1.Training

a)Each coach could have a a knowledge list of training regimes. Better coaches will have a higher quantity of training regimes, of which they can use. The club can only use training regimes that its staff has knowledge of.

b) Youth coaches could learn regimes from older seasoned coaches.

c) A club could sent a Coach to learn new coaching badges like in real life to acquire new regimes, and upgrade their attributes. The manager could allocate funds, and give the coach time to gain their badge. This will create a reduction in the amount of training he can provide for the players while he is learning, but more time and money will produce a better coach after he acquires his badge.

d) Coaches mental attributes could have an influence on players attributes. A coach with high determination should improve each players determination by a small amount, especially if the player likes the coach.

2) Youth Academy.

I would like more control over the youth academy. Some managers are very much involved with the academy and I dont think this is reflected in the game. This is a shame because bringing up youngsters is my favourite part of the game.

a) Id love the ability to assign at least 1 coach to run the academy (HOY, head of youth). A high working with youngsters stat would have a small effect on each players potential who graduate. A determined HOY could improve graduates determination, rating. high motivation and discipline could improve consistency levels.

b) Set the mentality of the academy, say, attacking, defensive, physical, mental, technical, conditioning, tactical focuses. This targeting for your academy will produce newgens who have a weighted balance to their attributes based on the focus. For example, conditioning would reduce the players injury prone stat, increase the natural fitness, and have a small effect on the players physical attributes, bravery, aggression and work rate. A defensive focus will improve tackling, marking, strength, positioning attributes regardless of the players position (could introduce good defensive forwards). Tactical focus would encourage versatility in the players, and give boosts to creativity and team work. etc.

I'm not a 100% sure that it's not possible now but it would be great if a manager could agree to join another club at a set date, say after the current season.

So when big club sack a manager mid season they can come with an offer to you to take control when the current season has finished.

Maybe even have the possibility that the offer wouldn't be formal so my current board wouldn't even know!

I'd like to see improved ball boys, too many of my players are walking over the ad boards to get the ball when we have a throw in, corners are worse as my corner taker sometimes has to go behind the goal to get the ball, he then kicks it towards the corner, stays still till the ball stops, then goes and takes the corner, time wasting at it's best.

Improved ball boys please.

1. Allow comments on players causing injuries. One of the most frustrating things in the game is watching a goon wipe out my star striker for a month or two with a bad injury and not being able to do something about it. We should be able to go to the media and have a chance of getting a player suspended, or some other form of retribution.

2. More continuity between matches in the pre-match buildups. For example something like "This is the first meeting at Stamford Bridge between these two teams since last April's Champions League semifinal when referee John Doe controversially sent off Frank Lampard, which led to a 1-0 Chelsea defeat. Lampard has said today he is on a mission to redeem himself in this fixture"

3. This has been suggested before but allow us to "lock" a role to a player. Say I have two great strikers, one's a world-class complete forward and the other is a classic pacey striker. Every time I sub out the complete forward for the pacey striker I have to go in and change the tactic creator role since I don't want my 8 strength 7 jumping pacey striker in the complete forward role. Instead just allow me to lock the "advanced forward" role onto my pacey striker, I sub him in, one click and I'm done.

PPM creation

I know I'm going to be in the minority but I don't like the way PPM are handled id much rather they were created when a player's attributes reached a certain value or after he had been given specific instructions for a period of time.

I.E if Free kicks 13 or more and Technique 10 or less = 20% chance of 'Hits free kicks with power'.

Pace and Acceleration 14 or more and dribbling 8 or less = 25% chance of 'knocks ball past opponent'.

Give a player forward runs often + 5% chance he develops 'Arrives late in area'

I know this would take away some of our tools for shaping players but it would be a lot easier to keep PPM constant between the original db and the newgens not relying on the AI to decide what PPMs to teach what players and the AI behind the players agreeing to learn them.

They should have classic modes, where you can start season from the 2000-2008 database. It should be on their expansion pack where you have to pay maybe $5-15 dollar. I think it'll be nice to play players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo with the new FM 11 features and match engine

All I want is to be able to set my player to long shots rarely and not see him shooting from 30 yards constantly... Or better, make more settings, such as NEVER TAKE LONG SHOTS, as opposed to rarely.

You're a ******.

The reason your players continue to shoot from that range is normally for one of two reasons:

1) They are given a lot of creative freedom, therefore allowing them more freedom to choose what to do rather than doing exactly what their instructions say they should.

2) They are not able to pick out a better option. This could be for a number of reasons, your tactics could not be freeing up any players for the pass, or the player might not have the ability to spot a good passing option.

It all comes down to your tactics, if you set it up right you will see very few long shots. I usually have less than 5% of my shots being from range because my tactic works well.

How about a news item near the end of the season that tells you how many of your players are close to completing the 10 game minimum for getting a winners medal?

And another for if they are suspended/injured/dropped for a final they were looking forward to...

The finals etc don't have as much buildup as they should

Been told to post this in here so....

Apart from when a club is on the verge of a takeover, do the chairman ever appear in news items?

Id like to see it more, for instance if the fans dont like the chairman and want him out. For example im a Newcaste fan and really hate Mike Cashley. In game, if he was to sell your best player(if it was the chairmans decision), then a fans revolt news item to appear. Would add a bit more realism. Another example would be the Man Utd fans with the Glazers, or the Liverpool fans with Hicks etc.

Would be nice, but may be hard to implement. And its not a major issue, just a nice touch.

An end of season sit down and review with the players.

-Individual performance reviews (you played well, you need to improve, etc.)

-Individual targets (I want you to score more goals next season, I want more clean sheets, etc.)

-Manager changes (We'll only be making small changes, I want to revamp the squad)

-Team performance (We should have done better, I think we overachieved this year, etc.)

Do you know what I'd like to see? A slight change to the media interaction...

"slight?" I hear you say? Well yes, cos overall I'm quite happy with it ;)

But, I've recently noticed when reading pre-match items on the BBC sport site that more and more players are singling out the opposition target man, not the manager...

example

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9467813.stm

Meanwhile, United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has pinpointed Schalke's veteran Spanish striker Raul as the main threat to his team's hopes.

"Raul is quite an amazing player," said the Dutchman, who will be appearing in a record-equalling 13th Champions League semi-final.

"He had so many years at Real Madrid at a high level and scored so many goals for them in the league. In addition, he is top scorer in the Champions League [with 71 goals].

"He is not someone you can lose sight of - he is so dangerous and only needs a little chance to score. Our defenders should be on their toes."

I never know which player should be singled out, I know that my staff give suggestions but whenever I've followed their advice the player in question has had a stormer... now if my own players were to pinpoint the dangerman ALA Mr VDS then I'd be perfectly happy for that to happen :)

I'd like slightly aring 11's more control over youth and reserve team starting 11's without actually managing the games.

It woould go something like this, News Item;

Ass Manager John James is team todays selecting the reserves team today.

[Graphical representation of the starting lineup] - drop down boxes on each position letting you select players for one, two or all positions, 45 minutes of full game, set piece for a particular player.

At the moment; I generally select 'all players needing match fitness' but its usually not the players I want playing.

I'd like slightly aring 11's more control over youth and reserve team starting 11's without actually managing the games.

It woould go something like this, News Item;

Ass Manager John James is team todays selecting the reserves team today.

[Graphical representation of the starting lineup] - drop down boxes on each position letting you select players for one, two or all positions, 45 minutes of full game, set piece for a particular player.

At the moment; I generally select 'all players needing match fitness' but its usually not the players I want playing.

I'm pretty sure that if you pick the team on the reserve squad page after making your players available, the assman/coach will go with your selection... at least I'm sure that's how it used to work.

Been told to post this in here so....

Apart from when a club is on the verge of a takeover, do the chairman ever appear in news items?

Id like to see it more, for instance if the fans dont like the chairman and want him out. For example im a Newcaste fan and really hate Mike Cashley. In game, if he was to sell your best player(if it was the chairmans decision), then a fans revolt news item to appear. Would add a bit more realism. Another example would be the Man Utd fans with the Glazers, or the Liverpool fans with Hicks etc.

Would be nice, but may be hard to implement. And its not a major issue, just a nice touch.

Id like to see something like this too. At the very least, as a manager I should be able to comment on this. options could be,

'The board promised me he would not be sold.'

'It wasn't my choice, to sell him'.

'I could have sold him for more.'

'I understand the boards decision'.

'Club finances always come first'.

These options will effect the fans, the board, and the players opinion of you.

Scouting

Scouting at a high level is a bloody nightmare.

Scouts don't finish their assignments properly, they get stuck, they spend years doing nothing.

If you do it manually, you have to go through each scout on it's own.

It needs to be revamped.

Instead of going through each scout manually, there needs to be a way to see where you are scouting, and where you aren't. Along with the estimated times it'd take.

There should be a screen which breaks down each region into countries, tells you it's details (importance, time to scout, an estimate of the players in the country), and lets you assign a scout to it.

As you assign the scouts, you can build up a much better idea of the world and the scouting network.

I would like the scouts to be worse (!!)

I think they are a little too accurate. If I have a great scout and and I see a player and go "wow" and send my scout toodling along he goes "meh, 2 and half stars" on the report card and I'm like "huh, why?"

but because I know the scout is excellent, with the appropriate 20s, and he can see things that I can not see I trust him more than myself. This is not well done. I would like, even if they scout a player for 3 or 4 matches, that the star rating given can be off by up to one and a half stars for a 20-rated scout, and more stars for a weaker rated scout. In real life, clubs scout players for a long time before beginning any transfer proceedings. Naturally, there will be players who just shine out but the attributes do this well enough for you. I would like my scouts to, yes, be good at unearthing the hidden attributes, but this should take time.

For example, I ask my scout for a report card on a player and he comes back a tells me "great buy, consistent performer!" - how on earth does he know that!?

Scouts should take months and months to find out things. Even if a 20 rated scout spends 3 months tracking a player, there should still be a decent chance he's not totally correct.

I think this above anything else would vastly improve the game for me.

Thanks.

I would like the scouts to be worse (!!)

I think they are a little too accurate. If I have a great scout and and I see a player and go "wow" and send my scout toodling along he goes "meh, 2 and half stars" on the report card and I'm like "huh, why?"

but because I know the scout is excellent, with the appropriate 20s, and he can see things that I can not see I trust him more than myself. This is not well done. I would like, even if they scout a player for 3 or 4 matches, that the star rating given can be off by up to one and a half stars for a 20-rated scout, and more stars for a weaker rated scout. In real life, clubs scout players for a long time before beginning any transfer proceedings. Naturally, there will be players who just shine out but the attributes do this well enough for you. I would like my scouts to, yes, be good at unearthing the hidden attributes, but this should take time.

For example, I ask my scout for a report card on a player and he comes back a tells me "great buy, consistent performer!" - how on earth does he know that!?

Scouts should take months and months to find out things. Even if a 20 rated scout spends 3 months tracking a player, there should still be a decent chance he's not totally correct.

I think this above anything else would vastly improve the game for me.

Thanks.

I agree. Furthermore, I'd like it if:

- In the basic report you'd only get to know availability and biggest strength/weakness, personality. Things like that.

- You'd get the star ratings for PA only by watching the player for a game or more.

- You'd get the star rating for CA faster.

- These would get more and more accurate after every game that the scout has seen the player play.

- Better the scout faster -> fewer matches needed for more accurate results.

- The scout would only reveal attributes by watching the player play.

- More attributes would be revealed per match if the scout were better.

- Scouting a region would reveal some of the attributes and give an initial CA and such. Similar to watching one match from the player.

Possibly it could be nice if you could assign a scout to watch a limited amount of players at a time, and they would keep on scouting those players until they are happy with the results or you terminate the scouting beforehand yourself.

Every scout could give a weekly report for these players that'd include the current CA/PA guess and an opinion whether the scouting should be continued. Or that could be covered in backroom advice room.

Not sure if either of these have been mentioned (68 pages is a lot to trawl through, so I didn't) but two things I'd like to see are

1) If you have a player with dual nationality that you can influence his decision on who he declares for. For instance I have a French / Algerian and an English /Nigerian youngsters in my youth squad, both of whom will make it into the senior squad before too long. I'd like both of them to declare for their European nations to avoid them leaving for ANC duty mid season. Selfish I know, but I'm sure it happens in real life. I read recently that Mick McCarthy has being trying to persuade Jamie O'Hara to declare for Ireland for instance.

2) If you sign a non EU youngster and have to wait a number of years before he joins (when he turns 18) I think it would be a nice touch if you could ask his current team to re-train him in a different position. For instance I have signed a 16 year old from Chile, his positions are WB/M/AM R, but I plan on using him as a RB. It would be a big help if he was already trained up as a RB in the two years before he joins so he can slot straight into the side. Hope that makes sense?

This might have been mentioned before, but if it has then i would just like to add again

I would like to see a scenario based 'mini game' option added to the game. I think its a nice touch with Steam that you can unlock acheivements but I believe this acheivement based gameplay can be further enhanced.

For example there could be different scenarios from different years...You may want to re create the historic West Brom survivial on the fainal day of 0405.

Or there may be longer more drawn out scenarios where you take charge of someone like Southampton in the Redknapp era and you may need to keep them up rather than send them down??

I believe that this will give players a chance to try out other aspects of the game, and perhaps try like an 'arcade version' of the game....Purists might not like it, but this may also act like a difficulty tester, so when you so start a career game, the game may adjust to how you did on these scenarios..

Is anyone in agreement or has this all been said before?

I would like to be able to set individual players a default player role when it comes to the formation and position.

For example if you have a striker at 6'6 that gets injured and you bring on a striker thats 5'4 its pretty obvious that they are going to have a different role in the game and if you forget to change the role of the striker then your players will be looking to ping balls up to a 5'4 target man!

As long as it's realistic, I'd like to be able to bring in South American and African players to European clubs before they turn 18. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this something that happens in real life? For example; Messi, Thiago (Alcantara), Jonathon and Gio Dos Santos were all training at Barcelona before they were 18 and how many young African players go to France as teenagers? It's my understanding that in real life situations, players are allowed to move, but just can't play in the first team until they're 18 - correct? And I think it'd just be a lot better if you could bring in that 15 year old Brazilian, have him play in your youth and/or reserve team (again, only if this is what happens in real life - I may be wrong) and have the opportunity to train him during this time also.

This thread is already to long. It probably should be separated in sections (tactical, training, media, etc).

Anyway, probably has been said before but here it goes:

-It makes absolutely no sense that I cannot design the set pieces positioning. If I want my players to defend free kicks by making a line along the penaly area (like Barça or Benfica employed this season) how do I do that ?

-Tactics. I was looking at the stats of the last Real Madrid - Barcelona; Xavi alone had 126 passes completed, Barcelona had 716 (or something). Right now this is impossible to achieve in Fm. Impossible. I think the match engine needs improvement on that area... do you remember in CM 96/97 you could select between "direct" or "continental" styles? It had a dramatic impact on the team performance...maybe something like that? For example having an option of "keep ball possession" which would oppose "look for offensive transitions" or something... of course that is already partly there with the shouts. So I don't know, all I know is it is not enough to achieve that kind of stats. Not even close. I don't think I ever achieved 300 passes let alone 700.

My two cents.

After having played the iPhone versions of Football Manager Handheld for the last year or so, and enjoying it far more than I have the desktop version for years, here are some examples on options I would like the see implemented (and before everyone "hardcore" starts complaining, I do actually think that these should be implemented as options, so players can choose what they like):

- Option of how much media interaction you will be forced into. Yes, of course you can choose to for example skip the press conferences, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage if you do since the game is made to make you take advantage of these. The less you take advantage of the press conferences and all the other useless filler (according to me, YMMV), the harder it will be for you.

- Fewer player attributes. There's a serious attribute overload going on in the desktop version of FM., which both makes it unnecessarily difficult to judge the players, but it's also highly unrealistic. I don't mind that the game has all of those attributes, but I think that what is shown to the players should be far less, many of them should be combined, some removed. The FM Handheld does a much better job here IMO.

... and others similar to these two

Yes, I am basically looking for "easy mode". Not easy as in "I want to win all matches", but easy as in "I don't want to have to think about a million things". Back when I used to love playing the CM3 series, the game for me used to be a lot more fun and relaxing. Football Manager Handheld is bringing back a lot of the good things I remember about CM3, but is still, partly because of hardware limitations, lacking in many ways compared to the desktop version. That is why I would like to see these, and others like them, implemented as options. Some, such as removing a lot of the media interaction without putting the player at a disadvantage, I can understand if it would be at least somewhat difficult.

Things such as showing fewer player attributes however should be at the most one days work for even a novice programmer... Come on SI, make it happen, for the lazy people like me who don't want to think too hard but still want to have fun.

I'd like to see some love for the CONCACAF region. Specifically the Caribbean region. Either some more research needs to go into it, or allow us to change international tourneys, like the Caribbean Club Championship. I'd like to try and take a team from a small Caribbean nation to the NACL but it's hardcoded to only allow certain ones only because they've won it in the past.

I just had a little thought about analysis of dodgy refereeing decisions after games. So this could involve dubious offside decisions, red cards etc.. For example, if the opposition you just played against scored a goal which could have been flagged for offside, after the match we could be shown a picture or slow motion replay with the offside lines of the defender and the attacker. This would show us whether we can feel hard done by and complain about the referee :p

I'd like to have the ability to flag important games in the fixtures screen for future reference.

For example, at the start of the season I could look through the fixture list and see that i'm playing Blackpool at the weekend then Man Utd mid-week. Apologies to all Blackpool fans but i'd probably want to focus more on the Man Utd game and perhaps give my best players a rest. Having the ability to mark the Man Utd game as important and the Blackpool game as a good opportunity to give some second string players a run out would allow a greater degree of forward planning than is currently afforded.

Fix the ridiculous amount of injuries. Seriously, every year I go through runs of 6/7/8/9 first team players out, just so the AI can catch up to me in the league. I lost 5 players in one match vs Chelsea, I was down 2 players before we'd played 35 minutes.

When defining the order of priorities of the players who kick the corners, penalties, etc. it would save time having an option saying: "move to the top of the list", or just to be able to insert the player in a certain position (first, second, third... position), instead of just switching positions, as it happens now, forcing us to insert a new player in the list to kick a corner, for instance, and having to move his position upwards, one position at a time - instead of just putting him immediately in the order we'd prefer.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/onnLNQ6_OO0?rel=0&hd=1

Archived