Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

With the amount of immersion in the game I sometimes forget things. I know that there is the ability to makes notes in the notebook, which I do, however I don't find it overly user friendly.

What I would like to propose is the addition of what I am roughly calling a future planning screen.

With the screen below (sorry if it is a bit on the large size), all the relevant information regarding the player is there, from abilities and ratings, home grown status and due dates, contracts and values, anyway you get the idea.

What the screen doesn't tell me is what my future planning is, what I am going to do at the end of the season or possibly the next transfer window.

Looking at a couple of players, Felix Lavigne 16 yr old GK, in 2016 he will qualify as trained at club. As the team plays in Euro Comps it is something I need to remember and take into consideration the rules regarding homegrown players.

Wes Brown and Leon Osman two great players whose careers are very much winding down, and Joe Dunn a young MC who will be trained in nation by 2015.

futureplanning.png

So future planning, and what I propose. For me it would be handy to have another column with a drop down menu with a list of selections.

To aid in my homegrown rules for Europe, Felix Lavigne might have "stay/keep at club", Joe Dunn might have "send out on loan" and Wes brown and Leon Osman might have "release end of season". Others may be sell for profit, release end of contract, look to transfer, retain as coach, currently a tutor, look to tutor, needs a tutor. Anyway you get the idea

As opposed to setting some of these in the transfer status, the future planning is not something set in stone and would have no impact on a player, it would simply be a planning screen with which you could analyse, change and adapt according to your season. It would provide you a screen with which you could see where you are going and what your thoughts are in one screen, and provide a simple way of organising ones assault on world football domination :D

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentioned this in another thread, but some kind of tickbox system for assigning scouts to multiple countries more quickly and easily, and enabling the user to see which countries are already being scouted without having to check back through all the other scouts or make notes on paper.

teiv9

Excel is your friend ;)

But yes, that would be freaking fantastic. In the back of our minds we know what we're doing with someone. We know what their future holds. But when we are overseeing 50+ players (at that major club level) we need help keeping track of them. Currently FM does a horrible job at doing that. Its not user friendly for someone who gives a crap about their u18 team and lower class players, its just too much for one person to handle without help.

For instance I have dual monitors, and load up my team's excel sheet on the other while playing FM. On that excel sheet, it is organized vertically by position (DR, DL, DC, DMC, MC, ST) horizontally it is organized by Players currently at club, Players owned by club, Senior squad, U18 squad, players on loan, players to loan/transfer, players coming in (with a date). I place the players where they belong by their position and place on my team. I bold my homegrown players as they are ones even if they suck I cannot get rid of. I italicize my starting 11. All of my players have in (parentheses) their age and available positions, but place them at their best position on the sheet. For instance, for my DRs, I word them as this: Dyer (23) (D RC, DM, MC) (HG) Jung (19) (D RL). Like for players I want to sell, I place them in the column of (to loan/transfer). I know they're still on my team etc but atleast I made a point to myself to determine these players as not for my future. Like I word it as: Allen (21) (DM, MC) (HG) (To loan). Woodhampton (19) (D/WBL M CL) (To transfer).

I do not want to change their birthdate every time they have one. I don't want to update their HG status when it changes. I want to see their due date next to their name. I want what telv9 has above, but with what he said, what your plans are to do with them. List doesn't have to be much, could even be something you type in. But irregardless, its something that definitely needs to be added. These drop down boxes also need to be filters you can also change. So I can search, quite easily I might add, for my senior players who are "look to loan". Or U18 who is listed as "release/do not offer contract' whatever. I know their are notes etc, which I wouldn't mind and would use, if they were implemented options like on the screen above. Create a filter noted as "Manager comment" and whatever I wrote on my note shows up there.

I'd like to be able to do something with money I earn. Maybe buy a club?

I want more off pitch distractions.We all seen the feud between Bridges and Terry, Rooney affair, Ribery-Benezma scandal, Goodwille. I'm hoping they would list in the personal section if they player is married, divorced, seeing someone , and/or has kids. To hopefully create more of an off pitch distraction.

One of the things I would like to see is the ability to export your save game from a previous version into the new version. I'm now in my 10th season with the mighty Berwick Rangers, and enjoying good success in the SPL. It would be fantastic if the data from that save could be exported and then brought into FM2012 so that I could continue my game, but enjoy all of the great features of the new version.

excellent ragan !!!!!!

can we have a screenshot for example ? thanks.

chelmsford.png

Simple, but, definitely helps me in the grand scheme of things. Especially knowing where my players are at on loan without having to look that up where they are by clicking their name. Also having the league in parenthesis, its a quick filter to show that i have X number in CCC, X number in L1, etc.

Just a on-the-side idea, creating tours and friendlies in other countries. The 'Club Stature' option can be worked through this as going to other countries such as USA and China to play other big teams can boost your club's image and increase numbers of fans. Of course, you need to be of a certain stature to have a positive influence from these but I feel it could be added to FM12.

Tutoring young coaches.

You have an excellent 65+ y/o 5 star coach but all the experience and knowledge will go to waste when he retires?

He should be able to tutor young coaches. (I don't know if this happens in real life though)

Also stats development arrows for coaches, just like players.

I wish the transfers would be more complex and realistic, I will elaborate:

1.Have the ability to offer your players to other clubs on co-ownership.

2.The possibility to buy a player on co-ownership from another club (for example Juve and Brescia buy Lamela together from River Plate and decide on which club he's going to play).

3.The option to send co-owned players on loan.

4.More complex players exchange, for example the ability to ask for 3 players in exchange for my player, and to be able to determine the type of transfer, if, for example, I am managing Roma and Milan want to buy De Rossi from me, then I want to have the ability to ask for the full ownership of Boateng, to co-own Merkel and to get Didac Vila on loan in return, for example.

All of those exist IRL in the Italian market and it would make the game more realistic.

I would love to have the ability of negotiating more complicated contracts, when my club offers me to renew my contract I would to be able to name more conditions, not only wage (for example: "I will sign the contract if the transfer budget will be set at X"/ "... if you sign a certain player for me").

Another idea, is for the game to reflect the very public club-presidential elections in Spain, but I imagine that this would be rather complicated.

Ability to scout the transfer list, expiring contract list. I.e instead of scouting regions or countries, further options would be added so your scout would automatically scout anyone who appeared on the transfer list, starting with the player with the highest reputation/value and working down (or all players from that country before moving on to the next).

I have lots of wishes, but my main wish is editor related and I'll stick to this one for now.

Please can we have the ability to allow teams from different nations play in the same league system, yet retaining their original nationality? This worked fine on FM10 and allowed me to create a true World League db, but on FM11 all teams had to be the same nationality which took away their identity and meant clubs would adopt transfer policies of the nation they were set in, rather than their own. Or perhaps there should be an option to create a World/Super League that isn't attached to a particular nation?

If anyone visits the Editor's Hideaway you will see there is a big following for these types of fantasy leagues, my one alone in FM10 had over a thousand downloads and I would really like to make another in FM12, but this is a major stumbling block.

If this isn't to be changed back, I would be grateful to know why SI decided to change this in FM11.

Thanks

Visable Manager Traits - Just like current PPMs but for managers.

Arsene Wenger -

Plays Youth Players

Strong Tendency To Sign French Players

Harry Redknapp -

Strong Tendancy To Sign Strong African Players

Alex Ferguson -

Tries Mind Games

Play Kids In League Cup

Mark Hughes -

Complains About Referees

Rafa Benitez -

Likes To Rotate Squad

Prioritises Europe

I realise that the manager stats give you an impression of what sort of manager they are, I just think this would flesh it out a little more.

Also

Keeping an overall record of multiple saves (also from game to game)

So if you use the same manager name for each save it will record everything about each save and total it. Ie WDL record, Trophies won etc. Basically a user profile which records every save into some sort of trophy room. Also you should be able to transfer this profile when each new game comes out.

Fans forums in the style of Press Conferences would be amazing! Also holding a press conference to annouce resigning would be good I feel

Yes Please! :thup:

When giving scouts a new assignment, I would like regions or countries that I already have scouts covering to be marked in some way (or maybe even greyed out)

and this! :)

Just wanted to pop in to say I love this thread, keep the suggestions coming!

How about a little feedback as to what suggestions are being considered or implemented?

I wish the transfers would be more complex and realistic, I will elaborate:

1.Have the ability to offer your players to other clubs on co-ownership.

2.The possibility to buy a player on co-ownership from another club (for example Juve and Brescia buy Lamela together from River Plate and decide on which club he's going to play).

3.The option to send co-owned players on loan.

4.More complex players exchange, for example the ability to ask for 3 players in exchange for my player, and to be able to determine the type of transfer, if, for example, I am managing Roma and Milan want to buy De Rossi from me, then I want to have the ability to ask for the full ownership of Boateng, to co-own Merkel and to get Didac Vila on loan in return, for example.

All of those exist IRL in the Italian market and it would make the game more realistic.

Yes, I think Zanetti is right: in Italy we have many ways to make football transfers come true and of course I would like to see them in FM!

I usually have been reading but don't posting in this forum, so I think it's time to write you my opinions too. Well, in my personal wishlist, I really would like to see:

1. More realistic manager's transfers: how can it be that "small" managers like De Canio or Pioli are managing Juventus, Inter or AC Milan, while for exemple "big" managers like Ancelotti, Lippi or even Mourinho are forced to retirement because they've been without a team for a really long time? How is it possible that no one wants a big name like that managing a top class team?

Second: why do I always see Thomas Schaaf, Marcelo Bielsa or Quique Flores managing clubs like AC Milan or Juventus? I think the game should have a much more realistic range of "possible managers" if their current manager leaves the club, because in RL these clubs often choose their managers among former players (or at least preferred staff)

Still: if I manage to go through lower divisions and reach the top class with a nearly unknown team with no money at all and still manage to remain in the Serie A, it should count as a big success. In-game, if you don't win something, it counts as nothing!

2. Better transfers: over the years, I've seen clubs like Real Madrid buying hundreds of players like Marchionni, Taddei, Mascara or Caracciolo... in RL Real Madrid is probably the only club which buys just affirmed champions and not tons of "normal" players from italian middle-class teams like those names I've written. Last, but not least, I always see teams buying a big number of players: going on over three years, this turns out to be a complete refundation of nearly every team in the game and I personally find it a bit unrealistic, even because often happens that new bought players never or rarely play. So: not so many transfers, but well balanced!

3. I personally would like to have the possibility, when managing a club like AC Milan, Inter, Roma or Juventus, to buy a player from a rival club: if we take a look at RL, we discover that a player like Andrea Pirlo has played in his career for Inter, Milan and Juventus. Buying a player from a rival club, expecially when managing in Italy, where players often move from a team to a rival one (like for exemple Doni, Vieri, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Chivu or Mexès and many others over the years) is fairly impossible and never happens with team controlled by the IA!

4. Italian managing system is completely different from the British one: why is Adriano Galliani (AC Milan's director) there just for decoration if in RL does he nearly everything in his club (except managing, of course)? Directors still have no power at all, they're there just for fun!!

For the rest, I find this game nearly perfect in its every aspect!!

Ps: I really think this thread is fantastic!

I think I have posted here before ... but I think I will post again some things that need an upgrade:

1. Training screen

For the love of all that in (un)holy. I have never seen an "improvement" like the one done from FM10 to FM11. Did a blind monkey do that for you?? ;) ... it is simply hopeless. Soooooo many annoying extra clicks if you wish to use it beyond the already existing training schedules.

Either sit down and rethink the whole thing, or at least go back to the FM10 screen. PLEASE!!

2. Documentation

The online manual is in most cases useless to anyone not familiar with FM series. Some things are barely mentioned (like Tutoring), and when they are, all you state is that the feature exists. But no help in figuring out how to use it properly. If a user does not have access to some kind of FM forum, they are royally screwed.

Don't just state something like: "In this screen you have the option of letting an experienced player tutor an youngster" ... without at least explaining what the differences are between the various options are, and what potential outcome can be expected.

It feels like you think the Forumites will just reverse engineer it for you, and let everyone else know. It just gets too tiresome to reverse engineer everything you did in FM10, again, in FM11 .. and in FM12 and ....

3. Non-contract terms

At game start many players in lower divisions have this contract type, but you can't offer it to anyone. That just seems odd. Make it a usable contract type please. Would make lower level managment easier and more realistic.

4. Forcing AssMan to play certain players in Reserves/Youth teams

I feel like I have to control the teams to get play time for specific players. If I leave it to AI coaches, then often certain players are not used, or they play out of position ... like playing my winger as a striker, giving him a 4.80 rating. I would like to designate that he has to use certain players in the lineup. Maybe couple it with the AI coach personality, so you could risk him overriding my orders, leaving me to reconsider him as the team coach or maybe even having to let him go.

5. Making more relevant comments to other managers' comments

Having another manager saying that my team is so bad that we will definitely be relegated, all I can do in response is tell the press that that manager is a jerk or that his team sucks as well. Would be more interesting if I could say something like "Lets see at the end of the season, Asshat" or something more relevant to the actual comment he just made. Or when they complain after being soundly beaten 4-1 at home by the "relegation candidates", that my team "tries to run the ball over the line, instead of shooting more" ... and all I can say in return is: "I don't like him".

I really like something so simple, that i really dont see any reason why has not been implement yet:

- I would like that the goal nets had the ability to stop the ball... in both ways! LOL

It's so stupid, and sometimes just gives you a heart attack, when you see the ball inside the goal, after a bounce in the addboards!

So SI, enough with this "magic" goal nets! We want the "normal" ones! :p

Can SI please stop the annoying "keep the celebrations to a minimum"after winning a trophy. No club board in the world are responding to a league win with those words. Nor are the supporters.

This is about winning trophies and I would like to have much more fuss when it happens.

Now it is like, well, well, so you won the league, so what.

I would like to have the option to create your own club from the very bottom after few seasons making money managing another club. Also to be able to create your own youth academy.

I like this. Then it would make sense that you have a salary in the game. And when you have earned enough money, you can buy or start your own club.

Can SI please stop the annoying "keep the celebrations to a minimum"after winning a trophy. No club board in the world are responding to a league win with those words. Nor are the supporters.

This is about winning trophies and I would like to have much more fuss when it happens.

Now it is like, well, well, so you won the league, so what.

Definetly should NOT happen with leagues, but I can see the point if you are managing a sucesssful club, and you win the super-cup or something like that. It's kind of a "you won a glorified friendly match, so what?"

But yeah, that message pop ups too often.

- A simple map of the world which has each country (changeable to continents, regions etc) a different colour based on the scouting knowledge. Similar to how a players position works (orange is awkward, green is accomplished etc). Would make it easier and more fun to have a look at where in the world you need to look at and haven't ventured yet.

- Players being more inclined to accept pay cuts, or only small 'upgrades' to contracts under certain circumstances. We all see how a player is left rotting in his squads reserves, yet if you try and offer them a contract, they demand ridiculous fees. Well, perhaps players will take pay cuts based on an algorithm that checks how often they've played, been benched, injured (so as good players with long term injuries don't get abused by this system) and expected game time at the buying club.

- Staff wage budget. Much appreciated SI!

- Much more complex financial breakdowns. At the minute, it's still extremely basic with 'merchandise' etc. I'd much prefer to be able to click on a category and see a mass breakdown, showing just how much an affiliate in another country is making me with merchandise, same with key players and also when going on tours, an indication of whether or not any financial increase will come of it.

- At the minute with transfer speculation, it's a case of 'dismiss speculation or tell them your player is available for the right price'. How about something similar to real life, where when speculation about one of our players is going on, we can say 'He's going nowhere unless we get £44 million' (similar to Pastore irl).

not sure if it's been mentioned on here before but I think it would be great to be interviewed after applying for a job, rather than just being offered it. Would add realism to the game.

- A simple map of the world which has each country (changeable to continents, regions etc) a different colour based on the scouting knowledge. Similar to how a players position works (orange is awkward, green is accomplished etc). Would make it easier and more fun to have a look at where in the world you need to look at and haven't ventured yet.

Love this idea.

Just wanted to pop in to say I love this thread, keep the suggestions coming!

Glad to hear it! Will you use some of the suggestions then for FM12, ignoring the ones with the word '3D' anywhere in them lol! Love having new features in FM but its losing its touch badly! In my opinion anyway.

Starting off managing U18 (club)

I think this would be a great addition to FM.

This does happen in the real world and a prime example would be Brendan Rodgers.

He started off as a player but was forced to retire while at Reading when he was 20. He was then appointed as their youth team manager in 1995. Rodgers moved to Chelsea in September 2004 to become youth team manager after being approached by José Mourinho, and was appointed manager of the reserve team in July 2006.

On 24th November 2008, Rodgers was appointed as manager of Watford in the Championship, his first top-level managerial position.

Rodgers chose to leave Watford and agreed to become manager of Reading, and was appointed on 5 June 2009.

Rodgers was appointed manager of Championship team Swansea City on 16 July 2010. This season he won promotion with them to the Premiership by winning the Play-Offs.

I would love for something like this to be introduced in FM. You can start off as a youth team manager first (which would obviously be easier to get appointed to if you didn't have a great reputation as a manager), then if you do well with the U18's you could be asked by the current club manager if you would like to become the new Reserve coach, then if you do well with the Reserve coach you could maybe be asked to become the caretaker manager (of a lower league team, doubt it would happen at a Premiership level club) if the manager of the club you're at gets sacked , or you could apply to managerial positions at lower league clubs.

----

(moved from one of my replies)

This could possibly lead the way to having you, the U18, picking a coaching team for the youth team (or maybe the first team manager would decide this for you) and you would have a U18 physio and possibly one scout to scout the next team, or maybe you could be in charge for recommending youth players to the first team coach to sign.

Obviously this would open the way for more interaction between the U18, Reserve and First Team managers:

1. U18 manager could give feedback to the Reserve manager (and maybe First Team manager) on how well the current U18 side is doing.

2. The Reserve manager could ask the U18 manager to rest Player A, because he is interested in trying him out in the Reserve team to see if he's ready.

3. The First Team manager could ask the U18 manager or the Reserve manager to rest Player B, because he wants to play him in an upcoming game to see how well he can perform at the top level and to see if his ready to join the first team.

4. The First Team manager could ask the Reserve team manager to give Player C, some playing time because he is just getting back from an injury and the First Team manager wants him to get back to full match fitness before playing him for the first team again.

Another useful thing is that really good youth team players will probably add you to their 'Favoured Personnel' and as a result would be easier to sign them if you move to becoming the first team manager at a different team.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266622-Starting-off-managing-U18-(club)

Manager application form improvements.

In my game, I just applied for the job of a large club and realised that there is no way the board could differentiate my application from other applying managers. Perhaps a club's board could have particular wishes they would like to see in their new manager such as their playing style, the fact that they'd want to reduce the wage bill upon appointment etc.

For example, perhaps even an interview with the board of the club you apply for:

Board: Our current annual expenditure is of concern to the board. How would you address such a problem should you be given the job?

You:

[] Reduce the wage bill immediately by terminating staff/player contracts.

[] Look to sell a big name or two in the next available transfer window.

[] Seek to turn results around with immediate effect and increase income through ticket sales and prize money.

etc.

Or:

Board: Here at 'X FC', we look to play a certain style of football. If you were given the job, which mentality of football would you be looking to implement?

You:

[] Attack-minded football to please the fans.

[] Defensive, counter-attacking football which places more emphasis on victory rather than style.

etc.

Just an idea.

Hi' date=' super simple one, most likely been done.

Passing stats!!!! Team passing stats/individual passing stats. We see completion but what about overall successful passes team/individual ....[/quote']

Have you tried right-clicking the one of the field titles in the tactics screen to add in stats? For instance, I have added in stats like average passes per game, minutes per game, distance covered per game, pass completion. It comes in handy when seeing who's pulling their weight on the pitch or how your tactics are working. I only found this out recently and it is pretty handy for having a detailed look at your squad, like this for example:

playerstats.jpg

On a different note, I would like to see if a player is left out of a big game i.e like Berbatov was out of the champions league final squad, then they might come in and ask for a tranfer request or morale drops significantly. It could happen to the key players or important first teamers in your squad, players with low professionalism, or big player repuations.

Trialist/Loanee reports:

When a trialist/loanee leaves the club, I would love if the AssMan would compile a report on how he did during his spell at the club. Did he perform up to expectations, some stats and other related data. I don't always follow my Reserves that closely, and many stats are lost once the guy leaves the club. Having the report would give a good overview of the time at the club.

This may have already been suggested but can we not have youth camps around the world like the big clubs do in real life? So a big club can set up a good academy somewhere in Europe and take the best players.

It happens in real life so would be a nice feature in the game too rather than just waiting for the 6/7 players coming through once a year to realise they are all poor.

More realistic Transfers from the AI. No 'Manager Transfer Targets' but, the AI have to search around for players who would fit the bill for their needed podition.

Maybe if they were looking for a 'Commanding Centre-Back' they would go out & try & buy someone like a Per Mertesacker, Chris Samba etc. iunstead of buying the same old players who don't actually do anything for the team. For example Mancini City... every save they sign 'Cabaye, Manoel, Farfan etc.' It gets a bit boring, the AI shouldn't have a pre-compiled list of targets. Also, more players should become unhappy etc. with maybe a new feature of them 'wanting European Football' etc. not just 'Unhappy'

I might be completley stupid but, that's what I think needs some improvment.

Also, the Match Engine. Make that more realistic :D

Have you tried right-clicking the one of the field titles in the tactics screen to add in stats? For instance, I have added in stats like average passes per game, minutes per game, distance covered per game, pass completion. It comes in handy when seeing who's pulling their weight on the pitch or how your tactics are working. I only found this out recently and it is pretty handy for having a detailed look at your squad, like this for example:

playerstats.jpg

On a different note, I would like to see if a player is left out of a big game i.e like Berbatov was out of the champions league final squad, then they might come in and ask for a tranfer request or morale drops significantly. It could happen to the key players or important first teamers in your squad, players with low professionalism, or big player repuations.

Honestly never seen that, so thank you! ALTHOUGH still like to see the stats on the team/player stats in the league so can compare!

I'd also like to add that we've got to say more manual movement of positions. For example, I want my wingers to play more infield (not not as attacking midfielder because then defensively it struggles) but then my full backs really wide and attacking overlaps. Or at least more 'automatic' positions.

ability to give players on loan a squad statues i.e. tell them im going to be playing them every match because my team sucks. Foreign academies to recruit talent all over the world. MLS to actually work right with academies and the ability to increase league ranking reflecting the increasing popularity and viability of american soccer. the ability to blast my chairmen for selling my best player out from under me. lesson the frequency of low ball transfer bids leading to new contract demands. the ability to talk dual nationals into picking your country or make press statements about calling them up.

Archived