Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

How about a fixture comparison function? Pretty much in the same vain as they show on MOTD comparing the run in top/bottom clubs have. Naturally there'd need to be a limit (most I have seen on MOTD is 6) and would be helpful to have a filter on it to allow you to include/exclude different competitions i.e. you only want to see their remaining league fixtures or actually the other games that might help/hinder you oppenents (or you I guess)

Would just save having to click onto each team in turn to see who they have to play (and in the most cases forgetting and having to re-check!)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I should put this here too:

I think these are the first areas that need work.

The player positions need to be completely re-done. I like having the players' ability to play in different positions rated as 'natural', 'accomplished', etc., but I think every player should have at least 'ineffectual' in every position on the field. Those light green, dark green, orange, yellow circles on tactics screen should exist at each position on the field for each player, and they should be calculated simply from the players' attributes. And depending on how a player's attributes will develop and shape when he gets older, the colors of those circles should change, in accordance with the training system of course.

Which brings me to the other area that needs to be reworked, and preferebly simplified: There should be templates ready for each positions training, and we should just simply assign each player to the training regime we want. So, lets say I have an 18 year old player who is naturaly a CB, but he is accomplished in DR (again, calculated from his attributes). If I want him to develop as a fullback more, then all I have to do should be to assign him to fullback training schedule, and with time his attributes should start shaping him more into a fullback, e.g. his tackling, dribbling, crossing attributes should gain points), and after some time the game should turn his dark green circle in right back position into a light green one, making him 'natural' there.

I really really hate the fact that just because a player doesn't have any color circle at a position he can't play in that position. For example I have a AM C newgen whose attributes actually fit better to a winger. But he has no circle on AM R, so I start re-training him in that position, and after months when finally a green circle appears there his attributes take a hit. Then if I stop training him in that position, that green circle turns into orange, yellow, and disappears eventually. This current system is just plain terrible, no offense.

Like I said, what needs to be done is, and it is very simple, when a newgen is created, the game should assign 1 natural position to him, and calculate the colors of those circles for all the other positions on the soccer field, and they should be calculated from the players' attributes, including also the versatility attribute in the calculation.

Hmmm, ok. I've been giving it some thought and after finding myself re-trawling through the tactics guides again after a break from the game I've come up with the idea of a 'tutorial mode'. It wouldn't be mandatory, but rather than a little box popping up to tell you what does what I believe this would be an excellent way to introduce tactics etc to players old and new and so I give you...

The Football Manager Coaching Badge System

When the user starts a new game, they can choose whether they'd like to study Coaching Badges or not - or, if they've previously completed them, they're already assumed to have gained them.

These badges would take place in the period shortly before pre-Season and would combine a talk through of how tactics affect games and highlight, with examples, all the options available to a player. They would also be interactive and maybe even include an exam at the end - to show you were paying attention. This would allow the player 'risk free' time to play around and experiment with the match engine and learn the very basics of the game at least in an 'encouraging' environment.

There would be different ranks dealing with differing levels of tactical subtlety but would be an immersive way of drawing the player in to the game and making them feel as though they're learning as they go. It wouldn't need to be a massive section of the game, maybe 10 mins per badge, 3/4 badges, each one just finessing what's been learnt previously.

Just a thought anyway.

I have just been overhauling my scouts (first "end of season" and therefore a chance to rebuild the background staff) and a couple of things occur to me:

1) at big clubs you can have over 20 scouts which means 20 news items - quite a lot - and if you're like me you'll end up skipping through them unless you need players. I am fairly sure this has been suggested somewhere but can SI introduce a chief scout? His roles would be to

> Compile the reports into a single report (which could be delivered at the backroom staff meetings) split down into recommendations for "First Team Players", "Squad Back-ups", "Hot Prospects" etc and include comparisons against players of that ilk in your own squad. i.e. rather than comparing a squad player recommendation with the star striker it compares him to someone who already fits that bill (or did and has now left?)

> Take on the responsibility for recruiting staff to scout areas - within the interaction you could outline where the club should be scouting (plus he could recommend new areas as the club grows) and then is responsible for ensuring the club has the best staff for that role/area

2) Within the current way of scouting there is no way to review what they are scouting. You can see where but not the filters (i.e. he is scouting europe for U18's etc.) Is there a way that this simple addition could be included?

3) You cannot ammend scout searches i.e. you want them to continue to scout Europe but change the filter to U20's - I know its not a huge issue to stop their existing search and start another but in doing that you lose the reports which is a pain

Just a few ideas! ;-)

I'd also love to see the option of loaning out a new signing and also the option of including a loanee in a tranfer deal, for example if I were Man Utd and wanted to buy Marek Hamsik from Napoli i could have the option of loaning out out of my youngsters as part of the deal. Almost like part exchange only with a loanee?

The role of Chief Scout would be a good addition, too.

Also more interaction with players, tell them what you expect of them as individuals at the start of the season, I'd love to be able to tell my young keeper he'll be back up but play all the cup games and a hand full of league games or my aging centre forward he will become a bit part player / impact sub. And also regarding training, I'd like to specify to my striker i'd like to see him work more on his heading or my keeper to work on his kicking.

I, also, am amazed that there isn't an option to differeniated between free kick takers, i want my winger with crossing of 19 taking free kicks from crossing positions and my striker with 18 for free kicks and PPM of 'Hits Free Kicks With Power' taking them from 25-30 yards out. It would be nice to have them both stand over the free kick and then let them choose between themselves, so one could act as a decoy- leaving the defending team wondering whether 'player x' is going to hit it or 'player y' is going to cross it.

Another thing I'd like to see is during a game when a player takes a knock and get's a green cross over his head, you can click on him and it'll tell you what kind of injury it is. Is it a facial injury which will need stitches or is a pulled hamstring which ideally would result in me bringing him off to stop it getting worse, or if i'm desperate I could leave him on but run the risk of making the injury worse. At the moment there is no way to tell whether it's a bruised head or a thigh strain.

Also PPMs for Keepers, maybe like 'stays on goal line' or 'prefers to punch' or if he's a sweeper keeper then something like 'likes to sweep up behind his defence'. (I'm sure someone else could think of some more suitable PPMs)

And one more thing, it would be good to see fans reaction to a takeover / ownership, do they bend over and take it like Liverpool and Man City or do they protest like United fans? With takeovers more and more common and some clubs having to operate with a heavy debt it would be nice to see fans reactions, do they stay away, do season ticket sales drop, if prices increase- what's their reaction, do they get angry at any refinancing, do they call for the owners to step down ultimately having a big say on the way things are run?

I think difficulty levels should be in.

However, I do not think they should have any effect on the match engine at all - it would be hard to code, lead to bugs and plain wouldn't work. However, they could be in without changing any in game calculation - just get the game to hold users hands a bit more.

For example: You are in match and the assistent comes up with advice relating to us losing the ball too often due to poor short passing, and the user should play more direct.

Very easy - the message comes up as (say we are man utd vs chelsea): 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes, especially from our centre-backs. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game, making sure our centre-backs are told to quickly clear the ball upfield.'

Easy: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game'.

Normal: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes.'

Hard 'Our passsing has been poor today.'

Very Hard: Assman advice disabled.

This could be implemented in many areas of the game, from choosing your club, to making your tactics, signing staff, picking your team, transfer negotiations, and many others. On very easy, you will be practiclly told what to do, good for those who know little about football and need lots of help at the start. On very hard, you will get no advice at all - it is all down to your judgement. One other key point - on the easier difficulties, the game should help you get a very good assman (maybe even a perfect one on v.easy) so that he won't give you nonsence advice, even if you are in the BSS/N.

Thoughts?

Levels.

I mean just had two levels:

Normal or easy - the level is for the casual gamer that want to play a few hours without much micromanaging and have fun

So You Think Your Manager? - This is a hard level for hard core gamers, where you micromanage and so on.

The Football Manager Coaching Badge System

When the user starts a new game, they can choose whether they'd like to study Coaching Badges or not - or, if they've previously completed them, they're already assumed to have gained them.

These badges would take place in the period shortly before pre-Season and would combine a talk through of how tactics affect games and highlight, with examples, all the options available to a player. They would also be interactive and maybe even include an exam at the end - to show you were paying attention. This would allow the player 'risk free' time to play around and experiment with the match engine and learn the very basics of the game at least in an 'encouraging' environment.

There would be different ranks dealing with differing levels of tactical subtlety but would be an immersive way of drawing the player in to the game and making them feel as though they're learning as they go. It wouldn't need to be a massive section of the game, maybe 10 mins per badge, 3/4 badges, each one just finessing what's been learnt previously.

Just a thought anyway.

Very interesting concept. Food for thought :thup:

1) I would really like to be able to get more involved in the financial part of he club. I imagine it could be done by implementing a new "Chairman-Manager Mode" or something like this. I know that's a difficult thing to implement, but it will add a great amount of depth to the game. Just think about investing yourself into stadium/training facilities etc.

2) I would also like a view from above of the stadium area. This, in connection with the possibility to expand the stadium add bars and pubs, ticket shops and so on would be great (like in Ultimate Soccer Manager series).

3) SI should really think of something to do with the money earned as manager.

4) I would like to be able to create yourself some setplays. It's really something when you see your players scoring from setplay routines created by you.

1) Fans reaction to cup ties.

You get a message before the cup draw of who the fans would love to get drawn against (rivals, easy ties etc) and one after saying what they think of the draw.

2) Watch the players line up before a game.

I would love to see the players lining up and shaking hands as they do before a game IRL. Instead of just walking onto the pitchand standing in formation. Also for the players to spend a bit more time on the pitch afterwards. Shaking hands, applauding the fans etc.

3) Flair and technique shown in the ME

Players doing stepovers (at least) and other skills to get past players. Not just running past them as though they aren't there.

4) Some better ball boys? Or a multiball system for higher leagues.

Have RPG like coaching stats for the user been noted? We seem to start at a disadvantage compared to other managers as it seems we're one coach down. They could change over time depending on various things such as how we implement our training, we could create the stats at the beginning chosen in a point buy way.

Couple of things:

1 - Could SI include an option of "would listen to offers" for players - a sort of transfer list half way house. I am sure IRL scouts know who manager's would listen to offers for but aren't officially transfer listed. In my game I have a couple of players who will eventually get offloaded but for now I don't want to list them and potentially ruin their morale. Would seem indicating a willingness to listen privately could tempt teams into bidding?

2 - Press-Conferences. There are a million view on these on here and I am sure SI are all over this. I don't subscribe the the "remove them" views as all managers have to interact with the media. My views are just that they are way too limited, predictable and repetitive. I feel that they need to grow with the manager but above all can SI do something about the following questions:

> You've had a 2 week break how do you think it will affect your team - err we haven't it was internationals so as a big club my players are coming back tired/injured etc

> Your players have a real eye for a goal (when you've just lost) - just seems totally irrelivent (yes we do but we couldn't defend for toffee!)

> You've managed to keep your unbeaten record going [with the answer of yes each win...] (when you've just drawn) - this at least needs to be split so that you can talk about remaining unbeaten of talk about continually winning

> Title Rivals (being based on pre-season predictions when the team are in 7th etc) - surely this should be dynamic to change to your actual rivals?

3 - Fan's Reactions. Some of these are just unrealistic i.e. playing as lower league clubs punching above their weight and fans being "disappointed" with an away draw against Man Utd.

Personally I am not sure how often these should be displayed - might sit better in the backroom meeting/chairman meeting (new option)? i.e. A coach advising that over the past X weeks fans were happy with A results, satisfied with B results but unhappy with C results.

I also think the reaction needs context. I.e fans unhappy at losing to a team when you've played Kids (Carling Cup etc) - fair enough to express a wish of more senior players being involved however I have never seen negative comments when Arsenal drop out of the Carling Cup early IRL

On a more fundemental aspect can the players they'd like to see be made accurate. I have a CM who is also a CB and when he has a bad game playing at CB the fans suggest that one of my CM's should have played rather than another of my CB's

I've got a few for this, some pedantic, some not so, lets hope those SI developers are reading ;)

In no particular order;

1. Dugouts: The dugouts should be at the bottom of the in-match screen so the way that you are facing is the way the dugout is facing. As a manager I would like to think I would spend most of my time in the dugout but for some reason FM puts us in the stand opposite the dugout. Very strange.

2. Training rest: I am sure it used to be an option to rest players on the day after a match. Now after each match I have to click the player, click training, click rest for one day, move to next player, tedious. I don't even want to rest the whole squad, just the outfield players involved in the match.

3. Opposition instructions: I use this quite a lot so instead of drop-down menus which again is tedious how about a list of the players with the options presented as tick boxes across the screen. Hard-tackling on Rooney, tick; Closing down on Lampard, tick; etc. Much less time consuming.

4. Traditional team ends: Home teams shoot into their own fans in the second-half in about 95% of games. In FM its as random as butterfly jelly.

5. Additional languages for managers: If I want to be like Mourinho (at least in language skills) why can't I be?

6. The European Home-grown rule: According to the UEFA website the home grown rule is 8 players trained in nation and not 4 at club, 4 at nation http://en.archive.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=65536/index.html please, please, please can this be corrected?

OK, so maybe they are all a bit pedantic but as players of MLB The Show will testify, its the culmination of all the little things that makes the big thing all the more beautiful :)

Just building on the above post

3) SI should really think of something to do with the money earned as manager.

One thing I thought about while playing my Barcelona save is how long it takes to learn a foreign language. I reckon this should be tweaked a little.

You should be given the option of using your earnings to learn a foreign language at any stage of the game. Obviously if you are managing in Spain you'd want to learn Spanish. Depending on how much you've got saved up will determine how expensive and professional you can afford, and thus how quickly you can learn the language. For example if you are managing Barcelona on £50,000 a week you can afford professional language coaches (and possibly a translator to help you in the short-term in the dressing room) and so you can grasp Spanish quicker. If however you are in charge of a lower league Spanish club and you haven't got that much saved then it'll take you longer to learn Spanish and thus make conveying your tactics to your players harder.

You can also use this to learn a foreign language prior to moving abroad so you at least have a basic grasp of the language before you take over at a club. In addition to this if you sign a player who doesn't speak the same language as any of the players, but would be a star for you then you can learn to speak their language in order to help them settle in to their new club.

Some wishlist items for National Team management...

Training camps... Even for a short few days between selecting the squad and the game... This would allow the players to get accustomed to the tactics the National Team runs. Right now, it seems as though a coaching staff for a NT is useless... Perhaps the assistant coaches can 'rate' the players based on the few days of training to help with match squad selection.

Watch Games... I like being able to attend games, but having to 'watch' them is annoying. It'd be nice to be able to virtually attend a match, and send assistants to other matches and get scouting reports.

Scouting Reports... It sucks that we can't see them easily as with club.

Better Interaction... To be able to ask a player to learn a new position (i.e. ask a CB to learn SW for National Team would be useful). Also, being able to answer why you left a player out of the squad for a friendly with something like 'I'm just giving someone else a run out, he's still in my first team plans'.

National Pool... This is the big one... I'd love to revamp this thing completely. Basically, I'd like to see some Depth Charts by position (i.e. like in the manager home screen with the multiple windows, you can use each as a list of players and each window is customizable. So I could label one 'Centerbacks', another 'Box2Box Mids' etc. and import players into them accordingly... Also, the ability to 'label' a player would be nice... so when looking at the main squad list or in the national pool list, you could see a label like 'auto' as in automatic selection to the squad, 'rotation' as in they will rotate with a few others to find out who will win the final spot come the 'big matches'... and 'future' as in someone who isn't there yet, but might rush their development a bit by giving them senior team playing time... basically like in club management with 'squad status'...

Development Impact... I'd like to have more of an impact on things. I know some National managers are responsible for getting younger players noticed by larger clubs, which helps the growth of the player. It'd be nice to know that you can 'showcase' a young star and get them moved to a bigger club and even just having given them playing time on the National Team should boost their development.

Anyhow. I love National Team management in the game, but it would make it much more playable with some add-ins... especially the national pool and labels- it seems as though utilizing the squad status and scouting reports from club management would be transitioned easily enough. Same with upping the player interactions.

I'd like to select a "preferred teams list" of clubs whose job I would apply for if I go on holiday. That way I don't keep having to come back from holiday every time Barnet, Rotherham or some other god forsaken team want me.

Teamtalking subs - The one thing that ****es me off immensely is not being able to give oncoming subs a teamtalk through the main tactics screen! You can only do it through the quick sub option, which I barely use as I tweak as I sub.

I believe you can do this. Go into the main tactics screen, make the change, and the 'Team Talk' sub menu should light up. Click on it, and give the team talk.

i would like the big clubs like man u/arsenal/chelsea not to become rubbish in the first couple of seasons and remain quite dominant

in the last few fms i've found that the top 3/4 always become pretty poor too quickly

i know it's possible that they might slip up, but not in the manour it happens in-game

I want to hear Viva La Vida everytime my Hamburger SV scores a goal at the HSH Nordbank Arena..

I would like to see the top clubs be at the top in the 1 season at least. I've seen Frankfurt in the 1st place with 6 games to go.

Also, prevent top clubs - Inter, Milan, Madrid, Barça, ManU, Arsenal, etc from buying so many rubbish players. That's why the user always ends up dominating the game (with a much smaller club) after a few years.

I would like to see in FM2011, when you join a club you get to meet the chairman or board and put together a plan etc ie set objectives or could be a 5 year plan or 2 year plan dependent on which club you joined

Inviting team/player/president to an elegant restaurant for dinner. Why? Christmas with team. Individual problem of player. Discusing team status with president. Simple but quite cute. :)

Is it possible to implement the ability to offer other interested clubs a player on the same terms as you have agreed with 1 club? For example:

I have a player who is not transfer listed but I am prepared to listen to offers for. A club comes in an I negotiate the acceptable fee/add-ons etc and accept a bid. Now because he is not listed the other interested clubs do not come in so can it either:

Increase the likelihood of other clubs coming in for him

OR

allow me to offer the same terms to the other clubs without necessarily listing and annoying him

Something I'd love to see for next year's game is the ability to design your own stadiums, and modelling of the stadiums that already exist in the game. It would add to the match day feeling to actually get the feeling of playing in eg. San Siro instead of the generic stands we have now. Also, I'd like to have the option of more camera angles where you could see more of the stadia. All doable I'm aure.

Something I'd love to see for next year's game is the ability to design your own stadiums, and modelling of the stadiums that already exist in the game. It would add to the match day feeling to actually get the feeling of playing in eg. San Siro instead of the generic stands we have now. Also,

Is this "Architect Manager"?

Also, I'd like to have the option of more camera angles where you could see more of the stadia. All doable I'm aure.

I've wanted more camera angles too - I had a poll about it.

360 control of view with zoom was a winner I think.

I'd like the remote possibility of physical violence among players, or a nude spectator invading the field (less than 0.01% chance).

I'd like to see additional graphics and videos, such as the country map of where the club is located. Celebratory videos (with fireworks and party, interviews) when my club is champion. More fancy visual stuff (as long as it doesn't affect computer performance).

Better shields for South American clubs. I wonder why Flamengo or Sao Paulo don't have their real shields displayed..

These are minor tweaks really. The game is great!

Before you decide on which club to manage it would be useful if you could have some basic financial information. For example, it would help to avoid choosing a club where the only thing you can do is to get rid of players at the start of the season in order to reduce the wages to within the budget laid down by the Board. While some people may enjoy such a challenge, not everybody does and it can be an irritating waste of time having to start all over again.

One solution for this is to save your game at the 'choose a club screen'. This is what i do so i can start a new game quickly without having to load the whole database...

Would it be possible to get more options when accepting loan offers for your players. Currently if you offer a player out on loan and 20 or more clubs come back with offers you only have the option to accept all loan offers for a player. Now I have to go through each offer seperately as otherwise I am accepting loans with future fees attached which I don't want. It would also be nice to able to automatically accept additional loan offers based on the squad status, so I can accept all the valuable member offers easier.

U18/19 and Reserve players should be able to become each other's favoured personnel. I had a AML and AMC who were together solely responsible for winning the U19 league with the AML giving most assists to the goals the AMC scored. That sort of cooperation should result in them favouring each other.

Also staff should be able to build relationships with players and other staff members. I can imagine a physio becoming a favoured personnel of a player he helped return to his game. Also a player would favour a scout who helped him get signed by the club of his dreams, for example.

I'd like to see stats for leagues and other competitions like a top 50 list with players who played the most matches in the particular league, and the same for goals scored. This would also be cool for clubs, now we only get to see the player with the most league appearances, a top 20 list would be a good feature.

Here's an article by jonathan wilson, and what he mentions is what I want improved in the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/apr/06/question-pressing-crucial-modern-game

Next, Id like to see more positions in the game, instead of the rigid positioning we currently have.

Id also like to see me having two options :

1. Roam from position. It's already in the game, and it tells the player to move around from his position looking for space.

2. Free Role: This is completely different from the above, as by giving a player this instruction you tell him hes free to roam ALL the pitch.

Then id like to see the option of being able to tell my players the specific space to run into, for example i can start in a 4-3-3 line-up and then tell one of my MC's to go to the space on the left flank, like iniesta and keita at barcelona.

Also, I'd like to see the CBs involved more in the build up play, at barcelona the 2 CBs are very important for building up the attacks.

Here are the passing statistics from the match against arsenal at the camp nou.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/barcelona-arsenal-passing-stats-xavi1.jpg

Academies and Centres of Excellences need to be introduced, filtering through the amount of money which should be invested eg smaller clubs can devote larger amounts to bring through better players.

Construct a philosophyto determine the type of players which come through ie the rating maybe general but stronger in say Arsenal - technical players, West Ham - passing etc

Employer director to administer the academy or coe and employs coaches, no need to have matches playing as these games are irrelevant and results are realistically not published anyway. Have all ages u9s to u16 (scholars or old school YTS after 16) all players greyed out but you have the option to sign the better players after ages 12 for example and offer contracts to more talented individuals.

Thoughts?

It would be nice if these suggestions reach SI team - any way to confirm this?...

My suggestions (as long as commercial and technical constrains allow them):

- add real pictures of maps, cities, stadiums, fans... (The game visuals is just too cold)

- add short videos: for ex., a pirotecnic show with crowd party, prompted when you win the national league (as it is now, the game is limited to a few telegrams sent by the board, and that's too poor).

- improve: off-side (urgent!)

- include more options of marketing, advertising, business features.

include some SIM-like elements onto the managers biography history.

As I said, as long as these suggestion do not hamper playability... Thanks.

I'd like to see positional oppositional instructions.

Example: I'm marking the right-winger in my own custom way. He gets substituted and another player is brought on. I reset the same instructions for this player, yet before they can take effect, that player has scored. However, if I had positional instructions, I could say 'Anyone who comes into that role, deal with them this way' so that I wouldn't have to re-do my instructions every substitution.

And as I've said before

When you take over a new job, you should be able to negotiate various clauses, such as upgrade facilites, bonuses for promotion, unsackable for first year etc etc.

Also when applying for a job, perhaps an interview with the chairman. How are you going to play? Will you follow the club's ideals? What's your long term goal?

us as the manager should have more effect on a players stats, especially the mental stats, for example if the player has a good relationship with the manager his work rate is increased by +3 , if bad relations -3 or something along them lines, that way smaller teams with a g8 team spirit can punch above there weight as Fulham have been doing and as we have seen with Zamora.

also i know it could be viewd as going down a RPG route, but i feel there needs to be some benefit to getting a contract, maby being able to select an upgrade to the club, or something, as the money offered has no relevance or help to us

finally the news and media side has been pretty much the same since i can remember, except for a few pointless additions such as press conferences which after a while get annoying and the assistant takes them, and the transfer system needs allot of improvement , there should be more room to negotiate and more options

It would be nice if these suggestions reach SI team - any way to confirm this?...

My suggestions (as long as commercial and technical constrains allow them):

- add real pictures of maps, cities, stadiums, fans... (The game visuals is just too cold)

- add short videos: for ex., a pirotecnic show with crowd party, prompted when you win the national league (as it is now, the game is limited to a few telegrams sent by the board, and that's too poor).

- improve: off-side (urgent!)

- include more options of marketing, advertising, business features.

include some SIM-like elements onto the managers biography history.

As I said, as long as these suggestion do not hamper playability... Thanks.

yh i agree, while some of these can be viewed as window dressing etc, your right, fm does have a slightly cold empty feeling to it sometimes lol

I'm just curious if longer-term contracts are going to be brought in. I noticed today that Reina has signed up until 2016, and six years is more than you can do on FM (it's here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8338536.stm). Obviously it would be difficult to tie players down for so long and they'd have to love the club in order to want to commit.

Anyone know why five years is currently the longest you can tie someone down for? Just curious if there's previously been any rules around it.

Example: I'm marking the right-winger in my own custom way. He gets substituted and another player is brought on. I reset the same instructions for this player, yet before they can take effect, that player has scored. However, if I had positional instructions, I could say 'Anyone who comes into that role, deal with them this way' so that I wouldn't have to re-do my instructions every substitution.

I agree. closing down always a DMC who is later moved to MC or DC is v annoying if you dont spot it.

I said that earlier in another thread :thup:

(not those exact words but same idea)

some great ideas on here! more interaction is definatley needed with players and staff.

One thing I would like to see is MANAGERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR where you can pick out a player that you believe preformed outstanding in that season/year.

This could involve the player thanking you and maybe other players having a PR saying 'Thinks the Manager has favorites among the players' ect ect

That is a good idea, I actually added a player of the year with a manager vote to one of my network games a few years ago.

I believe that a few years ago, Football manager was beginning to attempt some pre-empting of real world events and situations (I mean bigger than adding world cup to the 2010 season lol). FM featured compensation for developing young players a full two seasons before the real world football media were reporting on these events.

Another example is the home-grown players rule, or set of rules which govern the FM world where such rules in the real world won't apply until at least 2 seasons time, or the player registrations rules.

it wasn't just pre-empting a FIFA ruling or two but also some interactions with players, referees or between clubs. Have you ever noticed how the real world of football will clamp down on things, or try to encourage other things every few years? I'm thinking of this season's "respect" campaign for referees and what i feel will be next seasons clamp down on diving (take it from me this is coming). Next season should also see a lot of attention being paid to ever younger players being stolen by international teams (Teen Brazilians being taken to Portuguese clubs and then selected by Portugal in internationals for instance)...

here is the thing, FM hasn't really being innovating in and anticipating things like this for the last couple of games. Fair enough they had all their time taken up with a work in progress 3d match engine but they need to keep the pace and keep things interesting with some more of that mythical intuition so lets put those features in, or at least make the in game media savvy about those issues.

One last thing, I don't fully agree with what most people say about player-manager-boardroom interactions. Some of these ideas are just too far out there, for example the manager has nearly no say at all in stadium expansions and quite often a manager will just confer with the chairman about a player, who will then go out and do the negotiating. That brings me nicely to agents, who live to inflate the wage bill for any player willing to pay 25%, who talk only to the chairman of a club or the man holding the purse-strings anyway! I'm all for realism but i still want to handle the transfers... get rid of that and i'll be walking like Keegan did!

Game difficulty should be addressed by having some sort of mass information sharing network that can provide support and feedback, competition and rivalry so that newer players can find out for themselves how to manage a side into the champions league from obscurity... oh wait, i think there is one. I am firmly in favour of support networks for these kind of games, whether that is using an internet forum or an enhanced Assistant manager AI who can handle as many aspects of the game as the manager wants, based on a tick box being checked... and there isn't much point in asking for that because it gets more in depth every year anyway.

some great ideas on here! more interaction is definatley needed with players and staff.

One thing I would like to see is MANAGERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR where you can pick out a player that you believe preformed outstanding in that season/year.

This could involve the player thanking you and maybe other players having a PR saying 'Thinks the Manager has favorites among the players' ect ect

Maybe a rating for how much the media rate you as a manager or like you,which could result in them constantly houding you in the press on your decisions in the tranfer market and other things and if the like you them constantly putting your name forward for other job vacancies

I agree. closing down always a DMC who is later moved to MC or DC is v annoying if you dont spot it.

I see that as bad management when i don't spot those things, or when i set instructions without having done some research into the type of player who is playing (like hard tackling a dirty diver)

My Wishes for FM11 our all to do with the RPG (Role Playing Game) aspect of the Game :D

Better User Profile- I think that the user's managers profile should be 'improved'. By using the word 'improve', I feel it should be more like the AI's profiles. Being able to have favourite Personal and Clubs I think would be a huge bonus. Yes, I know that you can pick a Favourite Club at the start, but I feel you should be able to add Favourite Clubs as you progress through the game. (ie If you become a Favourite Personal at a Club, then you should have the option to add that club to your Favourite Clubs list). Same should go for People.

Also I think that our (The User) profile should have the same attributes as the AI managers. (ie. Having the Attributes - 'Tactical Knowledge', 'Attacking', 'Working with Youngsters', etc.) These Attributes should be rated upon our performance, whether that be up or down.

Real Life Football 'Talking Points'

This is something that would be hard to introduce, but If it were to make an appearance in FM11 it would be great. What I mean by 'Talking Points' are things like the introductions of new rules. Do any of you remember last year when everyone was talking about the possibility of introducing the 'Five Officials' to a football match. (ie. 2 more officials behind the goal, being able to assist the referee's on any Penalty Claims). Well I think that there should be the rare Press Conference where the journalists question us on our views towards these topics. Whether or not we think it is a bad or good idea and if we think that they should be introduce or not. The most recent 'Talking Point' was the Play-Off system to be installed in the Premier League. All the managers were asked upon their views upon it and whether it should or shouldn't be introduced. Anyway, I thought it could be a nice Feature :)

Keep the Same ME!

I feel SI should keep the current Match Engine and just make improvements towards it. This would save us from having lots and lots of bugs within the ME when the game is realised, and will not have to wait until Patch 11.3!

User's Past Experience

When we begin a FM Career we choose our Past Experience. When you choose International Footballer you have your International Stats. This is a great feature of the game. Yet I feel we should be able to have had a Playing Career. Of Course you shouldn't be able to choose your Stats. Yet maybe we should have the Option of what Teams we played for? Of Course we shouldn't be anything like 30 Goals a season and Moving from Real Madrid to AC Milan to Man Utd to Man City within 4 seasons! Yet maybe have a maximum of maybe 4 clubs? I feel this would be fun :thup:

Just a Quick Question, do SI check this thread for Ideas for the Next Game or not?

Notebook

Currently there's a bug when you set a yearly reminder. It increments the day by 1 when the note occurs. That should be fixed.

I'd like the ability to export/import notes. It's a pain creating the same notes for every save I start.

Set Piece Testing

When you're trying to set up a good corner routine, you have to play matches to see if it works. Ideally, you'd be able to pick some players and test out your set piece tactics on the training ground, without having to wait until your next game and waste opportunities while you're experimenting.

How about Attacking shape and Defending shape out of the same formation/tactic... meaning, in the same tactic (i.e. MY TACTIC), I have an attacking shape of what is now seen when you use a 4-3-3 formation, but when we switch to the defensive half, a 2 forwards drops down and out wide and one mids goes to the hole so that we defend in what looks like 4-1-4-1 now.

So rather than seeing one single formation in the right of the tactics box, we see two. Then we can move the players around as we see fit- maybe it's better for one of the forwards to drop straight back rather than wide, and a midfielder kicks out wide instead... options like that...

so it'd look like this-

OFF DEF

--11--09--07-- = -------09-------

--------------- = ---------------

--10--04--08-- = 11--10--08--07

--------------- = -------04------

06--05--03--02 = 06--05--03--02

--------------- = ---------------

------01------- = ------01-------

And with such a thing, you could set two different roles- i.e. attacking and defensive roles... or more probably 'responsibilities'... Like your #4 would have defensive responsibilities of an anchor man, with attacking responsibilities of a deep lying playmaker... and obviously that's gonna be hard to find in one guy, so it would make sense to give a defensive anchorman more simple offensive responsibilities, like that of the current central midfielder defend role...

My point for this is that a lot of guys are great in some attacking roles that absolutely make no sense tactically for me... I can't have 3 AMC's on the pitch... For example- Kaka is obviously great in an attacking role in the AMC playmaker... but that means you have to give up something in the midfield to put him there. To allow him to roam up into that spot on attack, but drop back into a more sensible defensive spot in the middle of a flat four would be awesome.

This also applies to Liverpool, where clearly Gerrard is being used in defense as the MC with two DM's slightly withdrawn from him, but there is no denying that on attack, he slides WAY up, maybe even into a FC role.... being able to build a tactic around that would be great.

Thanks! I love FM 10!!!

Archived