Patch 10.3 hopes

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just some small improvements really. I think this is a terrific edition of the game and I don't think that very much needs fixing at all.

I'll second this. Just a few tweaks here and the data updates.

I know this is never going to happen (hello publishers!), but I think SI should release games on a two yearly basis and in the 'off year' release a major patch, rather than just bug fix and player updates for the initial couple of months of each release. Something along the lines of MMO release schedules.

Stopped playing FM2010 becouse and with 10.2 its ******** game looking to older series.

Stupid Defending,too many missed CCC's,stupid comebacks,stupid screamers goals i think its defending problems becouse DC's make very big gaps(can't play any formation without DM),so if it wouldn't be fixed i wouldn't bought next series games.

the ability to actually score a 1 on 1 chance for once Darren Bent must off had 4 in a match on my online game and shot at the keeper..

Super Keepers are ridiculous because i gurantee you the other team will have 1 shot and score!

I hate it when your teams passing and the ball always goes behind your players! so they have to step back EVERY PASS!

i can say one thing,when we were playing 2D(some players still useing it) we wasn't seen all these ME problems,but when its 3D and see all gaps in ME and gameplay,i can say one sentence:This game is stupid! Fix it becouse idk how my oppositions having less chances then me win game 3:0. Don't fool us SI. This game is full of bugs,it never would be in reality like this. So if you fix it in 10.3 or i will drop this game and all minds about SI from my kitchen window.

Hope they sort out the Premier League squad registration issues. As I've said in a previous post it's taking away some of the realism of the game when a youngster isnt registered and can't get a shirt number but is on the bench every week with a different number. Should be implemented like the European squad registration system so that every player has their shirt number, as in real life when it starts this summer

It's not going to be fixed for 10.3, which I assume will be just a data update, but I really hope the primary focus for FM11 right now is defensive movement. Ever since the 3D was brought in on 09, there has just been issue after issue (defenders moving forward and then turning to chase the attacker - remember all the keeper assists in 9.0.0? - fullbacks not being able to defend, players running on the spot etc, marking set pieces and now central defenders playing so wide of each other they let in every central through ball).

It's not going to be fixed for 10.3, which I assume will be just a data update, but I really hope the primary focus for FM11 right now is defensive movement. Ever since the 3D was brought in on 09, there has just been issue after issue (defenders moving forward and then turning to chase the attacker - remember all the keeper assists in 9.0.0? - fullbacks not being able to defend, players running on the spot etc, marking set pieces and now central defenders playing so wide of each other they let in every central through ball).

The third patch has never been just a data update. They always fix bugs and tweak the ME for its final iteration. :thup:

Seen A LOT of duplicate request in this thread so I'll not add to those (because there's not a chance that SI will count how many of us voted for what).. Here are some new requests which I'm sure aren;t unique to me.

#1. Transfer system tweak - Clubs that bid for my players had better damn well be able to afford them and not have to cancel out after contract negotiations just because you "lacked the funds to complete the transfer"??? WTH?

#2. Reduce player's ability to control the ball just a tad - I mean holy ****, it's like freaking every person in the game can control 30, 40, 50, 60 yard passes/clearances with just one touch and stop the ball dead (or almost dead). It's weird because sometimes my forwards control the ball like they're wearing boots shaped like Toblerones..

#3. Scout reports to stay even after the scout has left - Are you trying to tell me that when a scout leaves your club, he takes his ENTIRE dossier with him??? Aren't those the property of the club?

#4. Scout/Coach reports to be available even when you've sent your player out on loan - Currently it's like once you've sent your player out on loan, you completely lose all reports on him until he returns to your club. It's like my coaching staff forget their assessment of him until he returns. WTH?

#5. Scout next opposition - To be done slightly earlier so that your 'Comment on dangerman' actualyl takes effect before the game. Too often my scout gives me the opposition report and when I 'comment on dangerman', it's about time for the match to start.

#6. Options to speak to players with mild/serious concerns - Doesn't seem to be any right now apart from the usual responses to players that can't settle in.

#7. Maximum loan wage imposed by the board - Got this when I was 35k under the wage limit. But my board restricted the wage I could offer for a loan signing to 10% of his wages....eh? Plus the player I was trying to loan was of national/continental reputation for my regional/national reputation club and his wages were far less than my wage limit. TBF I had a player coming in December transfer window on 20k wages but still?.... Surely there was enough to cover for the loan signing?

#8. Too many backpasses result in corner kicks.

Guess that's what's on the top of my head right now.

Edit: Just added -

#9. Option to talk to players who are loggerheads with each other

#10. Incorrect positions being displayed when using Touchline shouts

Fairer refereeing.

It just seems that my players are getting carded straight away for the first foul they commit, yet the opponent's players are getting away with fouling my players 2 or 3 times before they get a card. And it's not just one or two refs, or exclusive to the Prem, it's been the same in League 1 and the Championship no matter who's reffed the game or who i've been playing. Just doesn't seem fair.

I am kinda surprised this hasn't been mentioned more, but the superkeeper/one-on-one situation really needs to be looked at IMO. I know that we just have to work our way around it when creating tactics but still, the situation is unrealistic & shouldn't be there in the first place. Beyond that, I really don't have that many complaints about the game currently, coaches look to change clubs a bit too regularly but hey, just means offering better contracts more regularly.

Beyond that, anytime I see my strikers (Torres, Dzeko are my starters) running through one-on-one only for them to blast the ball straight at the keeper OR the keeper to dive 6 yards either side to make a stunning save from a striker 2 yards away....I just want to throw my laptop out of the window!!

Right this has turned into a long post....great job on the game, but please sort this superkeeper issue SI!!

1. Defenders need to start covering and not running in straight lines.....If the striker gets behind CB1 and is on his way to goal CB2 just runs in a straight line and doest go over to close the player down.

2. Crossing! In 10.2 crossing/wide play is very, very poor. In 10.1 i used a 4-1-2-2-1 Arsenal real life formation with good wingers/full backs creating a lot of chances for my striker and box to box midfielder to head home (Fellaini and Dzeko, a deadly combo ) but since 10.2 and countless saves later I have given up on trying to get a formation with wide players to work properly. I have noticed because of this i score a shed load from corners, 18 to be exact in one PL season, which is not something u would expect from Arsenal of all teams. It really is quite something to go from scoring a lot of goals from balls into the box (probably a few too many, which is why SI obviously tried fixing it ) to a few a season, which are usually due to a defenders error rather than a fantastic cross/good climb by the attacker.

3. Wing play. This is kind of linked to the above, but im sick of watching a world class winger like Ribery storm past the full back only to take 3-4 touches on the ball so the defender has time to get back and deflect it out for a corner. Also, wingers seem to be quite unwilling to play a simple ball which would result in a tap in for X player when they do get in behind a little, as they just shoot from a stupid angle right at the keeper. There is a reason people are having to play the 4-1-2-1-2 like Chelsea, and its because of the this and the above.

4. One v Ones - Theres needs to be less of them but with Strikers taking a higher % of them, very frustrating to watch the best strikers on the game get in only to wait until the keeper is 2 yards away and hit it right at them.

5. A fix on the 48 month payment option and how it effects the transfer budget. A club would not give a manager a transfer budget of 20 million and allow him to spend 200m providing the wage bill isnt topped. I would make it so depening on how many years u spread the fee over how much it takes from the budget, because at the minute the only thing the budget is good for is how much you can spend upto on a single player, because the total is meaningless.

6. Thomas Vermaelens stats improved along with Abou Diaby and Alex Song :)

7. All of the above to stop Chelsea from finishing on 90+ points per season with their narrow formation.

- I would love to score a free kick, as i also never score these

- fix wall positioning as i have conceded a couple free kicks...

(imagine this in your head) The free kick is from the left hand side, so the wall should be covering the left hand side of the goal (from the takers perception). So now a right footer takes the free kick curling it towards the left. The ball is low and does not go over the wall but to left hand side of the wall. How does it go in???

-Definietely more headed goals, as i still with Dzeko up front have not scored one

- Please increase crossing accuarcy not decrease

- Make it wingers dribble past full backs not all this slowing down and going around nonsense

- Too many corners , because of wingers finding space on the wing and slowing down for them to just kick straight at the full back. Why?

This is exactly the problems i have, I'm glad that its not only me that has this issue. I also play Dzeko and in my treble winning 2nd season with Arsenal and he scored ONE header, which was a huge mistake by the defender to leave him in space. It's not like my wingers were sub par when i have Ribery, Barnetta etc.

I actually made a save and got a collection of the best wide players on the game with the best crossing ( including full backs ) to play in a very attacking formation based around getting balls into the box for Dzeko, Fellaini etc and i still had no joy, its quite obviously a huge flaw in the ME.

i don't know if it has been said already, but in the future i would love to see the option to have a "teamtalk" to the subs as they go on/off to the field..

something like "i took you off because of tactical reasons" or " you didn't play good enough today" for the player coming off...

and something like the normal halftime teamtalks for the player coming on.."i believe in you", "you can win this" and so on..

i don't know if it has been said already, but in the future i would love to see the option to have a "teamtalk" to the subs as they go on/off to the field..

something like "i took you off because of tactical reasons" or " you didn't play good enough today" for the player coming off...

and something like the normal halftime teamtalks for the player coming on.."i believe in you", "you can win this" and so on..

Great idea and of course angry players who just march straight into the dressing room etc.

More options in team talk.

I seriously hate when I'm up 2-0 at half-time against a worse team and I get the options to say:

Angry

Disappointed

Pleased

Delighted

Don't Let Your Performance Drop

I mean...

Angry = everyone gets unsettled

Disappointed = half the players get unsettled, half just stop playing

Pleased = A very nice guarantee to concede atleast three goals in 2nd half, it's basically like saying "Yeah guys, good 1st half, don't bother to play the 2nd half"

Delighted = A very secure way to lose the game 2-6 or so, basically like saying "You can go home now, brilliant first half!"

Don't Let Your Performance Drop = basically telling them to stop play as it appears, it's like saying nothing at all

Seriously, where is the options to say "Okay, you dominated first half, now go out and attack from the start!" or "Alright, you're up 2-0, now I want to see aggressivity and a solid defense"...

I want some options that actually TELLS the players something. The current options is at best ****** and usually you have to guess what to say since most of the options make no sense whatsoever in most situations.

I seriously hate when I'm up 2-0 at half-time against a worse team and I get the options to say:

Angry

Disappointed

Pleased

Delighted

I mean...

Pleased = A very nice guarantee to concede atleast three goals in 2nd half, it's basically like saying "Yeah guys, good 1st half, don't bother to play the 2nd half"

Delighted = A very secure way to lose the game 2-6 or so, basically like saying "You can go home now, brilliant first half!"

Don't Let Your Performance Drop = basically telling them to stop play as it appears, it's like saying nothing at all

Seriously, where is the options to say "Okay, you dominated first half, now go out and attack from the start!" or "Alright, you're up 2-0, now I want to see aggressivity and a solid defense"...

I want some options that actually TELLS the players something. The current options is at best ****** and usually you have to guess what to say since most of the options make no sense whatsoever in most situations.

I know this, just say nothing. Look at the motivation, and boys that have bad motiviation, pull them up, the boys that played badly dissapoint with them. And that'y all. Because, like you said, when you say pleased, you are going to concide 2 goals.

Angry

Disappointed

Pleased

Delighted

I mean...

Totally agree with this.

It's a good idea, but why put so much of the players motivation on TT then give us such basic and mostly pointless options?

There transfer system seriously needs to be fixed. I can't use 10.2 because big clubs keep signing bad players for huge fees and I can't play the previous patches because no one will sign my bad players even if its on a free.

Good point, i forgot to mention this in my post.

I noticed that the top teams hardly sign any good players, and after X seasons they start to decline because the keep a Gerrard or Lampard until they are 35.

On my last save on 10.2 Man united only signed Cahill and a few youngsters in the first 2 pre seasons, finishing outside the top 4 in both. They did try and sign Ribery but I managed to get himself, but they didnt move for another target after that.

Chelsea made a couple of good signings, but nothing major.

Man City spend a lot of money on good but not great players ( pretty much the story in RL tho tbh )

Liverpool same as Man utd, nothing major, one signing worthy of note.

The A.I managers need to be more aggressive in the transfer market to keep the game at least a little interesting

1. I want players and coaches to have an idea of loyalty, particularly at smaller clubs.

2. For other teams to stop bidding for ALL my best players despite me being champions of England and never accepting offers

3. And finally, players to start punching other players again. I used to love that. Introduce it on 3D:D

Hi, not sure if these issues are adressed yet, but 2 things that annoy me in the multiplayer game.

1. Euro sum conversion has bug in it, if my friend sees the sum as 10M I see it as 15M until I change it from the preferences to the other of 3 different euro format. After that the sums are correct. I can live with that but I have to do it every time I restart the game and switch between those 3.

2. If the network connection for some reason goes down and I resume the game when I'm currently playing match. The game is still paused to the point I lost connection but the ass. man had taken over controls and I had to see him changing the formation to 4-4-2 from 4-1-2-1-2 even though I didn't have players for that. Also when that happened playing cup match I was playing my 2nd goalkeeper for he changed my 1st team keeper on 36 mins, nice.. Well, 2 solutions to that, let me take care rest of the match or do not allow ass. man. to change tactics so dramatically.

Make it so that when you're trying to offload a player, and offer to clubs, you can specify how much of it you'd want up front. I'm sick of trying to raise money for transfers, and offering a 4-5 mil player, and getting offers of it over 24 months, with nothing up front. Either give me the money up front like I ask, or stop wasting my time.

* Fix defending

avoimet.jpg

* Fix set pieces

* Decrease accuracy for crosses

* Make it harder to get past players with the ball

* Add some physical play in to the match engine

* Decrease effect of team talks or maybe remove them completely

* Make it possible to play unique style of football, now it looks all the same everytime. Tactics either work or don't work...

= always been to much to ask.

Spot on with that mate :thup:

I want to see more dribbling, tricks and solo actions from players like Diego in AMC (playmaker) position, not only passing and shooting. Even if I put through balls, long shoots, crossing rarely, run with ball often, I don't see dribbling and solo actions.

When I play brazilian league I want to see brazilian style of play, not only english style (with maximum of 2 touches and than pass) with brazilian players. This example goes for other syles of play like Italian, Spanish, Balkan.....

1. One on one's fixed. I just had 24 shots on goal, 17 of them on target against Chelsea and only won 1-0 thanks to Mihelvski, Riquelme and Michael Owen just hitting it sreaight at the keeper.

2. Allow me to ask those players to round the keeper or chip keeper in PPM rather than the player refusing to do it.

3. Allow real life formations to actually work. As many have said wide play is awful and all that tends to work are narrow formations. 4-4-2 is popular IRL so allow us to use it!!

1. One on one's fixed. I just had 24 shots on goal, 17 of them on target against Chelsea and only won 1-0 thanks to Mihelvski, Riquelme and Michael Owen just hitting it sreaight at the keeper.

2. Allow me to ask those players to round the keeper or chip keeper in PPM rather than the player refusing to do it.

3. Allow real life formations to actually work. As many have said wide play is awful and all that tends to work are narrow formations. 4-4-2 is popular IRL so allow us to use it!!

I find narrow formations to be quite dull, but sadly in 10.2 they are very, very good against the ME. I still manage to do well with a 4-5-1 real life Arsenal style formation, but the goals i score with it are.......well Bolton like. I really, really hope crossing is fixed in 10.3 otherwise im done with FM10 and will seriously consider not buying FM11, which would be the first one I havent bought in a good 14 or so years. 10.1 was so close to being great, whatever S.I did to tone down the goals wrecked the game for me.....I can still win titles, even trebles so its not like im doing anything wrong, its just finding a way to beat the ME and it just happens to be that the only real way to beat 10.2 is narrow and not much fun at all.

I must'a scored 30 goals from corners in a single season, 18 in the league alone with most of the rest being rebounds or huge mistakes by defenders. I scored the odd screamer and good goal, but not enough.

The one v one issue kind of ruins the whole thing for me, because you know 8 or 9 out of 10 of them are going to be missed (and thats being fair, ive seen a number of games where world class strikers miss them over and over), where as when you see a top quality player thru on goal, he would take a good number of those. There needs to be a huge reduction in the number of 1v1s but with a higher % of them taken.

I have this always in my game where i actually won the game in extra time or through penalties but when i press continue and read the news, i LOST GAME !!! Hopefully that can be sorted out....

Another thing i wish to have is i can loan a player back to his old club straight after i bought him.......

Thirdly i wish that the FA start doing something instead of keeping quiet whenever i made a correct comment about goals that are rule offside....

I have this always in my game where i actually won the game in extra time or through penalties but when i press continue and read the news, i LOST GAME !!! Hopefully that can be sorted out....

I'm guessing this is a 'knock-on' bug that happens when other issues are addressed, because this has been in the game for the last four versions now.

Do something so that a tactic with wingers and which uses some width work....

Make the wingers or whichever player is in the byline to cross a ball, and not always go until the byline and then circling around there with the ball..

Even if I take a non-league club to Premier-league and then leave the club, I lose the legend status and the club starts to hate me??? Ridiculous...

Archived