Patch 10.3 hopes

Manager knowledge. After managing in a given country, the manager (human as well as AI) should gain knowledge of that country at the same rate as he learns the language, and gradually lose knowledge in countries from which he does not receive subscriptions.

Example:

An Eglish manager in Brazil at the start of his career may have 100% knowledge of England and 0% of Brazil, and does not speak Portuguese.

In 10 years, if he is subscribed to the English cups and leagues, his knowledge of England would not have deteriorated, but aside from learning Portuguese, he should also have 100% knowledge of Brazil. If he does not subscribe to English cups and leagues, his knowledge of England should have fallen to around 50%, while his knowledge of Brazil should have still gone to 100%. After all, when managing in a country you don't just grasp the language!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this thread should be changed to 'Patch 10.3. Optimistic hopes'

A patch will fix a few general bugs, it will include the January transfers etc etc - but the radical game changes some of you are stating simply won't happen in a patch.

I do agree with some of them though, it's just I simply won't expect anything like this in a standard patch.

i want to see a red card from a goalkeeper

Yes, please. Give as this. I mean, I lunch my ST, he wants to dribble the GK, and the GK tackle him. Penalty and red card.

And yeeeeeessss! I got a penalty for handballed the ball. It was against me, but it is nice to see a penalty of this art :)

I might not have any chance with this one but I wish the bloody delays could get fixed which Ive heard people mention. ie. sometimes in tactics screen people have said theres a delay when clicking a player to set roles, and this one I sometimes experience is when hitting continue theres a 3-4 second delay :mad: Hope it can get sorted hopefully :) and i agree with most of above posts fix ideas

This one is really annoying me now.

I'd also like to see some further improvements with defending. I'd like my CB's to mark properly as at the moment i concede lots of goals with the opposing striker waltzing right between them.

My players hitting the vast majority of 1 on 1 chances straight at the keeper also needs sorting out.

I think this thread should be changed to 'Patch 10.3. Optimistic hopes'

A patch will fix a few general bugs, it will include the January transfers etc etc - but the radical game changes some of you are stating simply won't happen in a patch.

I do agree with some of them though, it's just I simply won't expect anything like this in a standard patch.

Personally I know that most things said here can't be included it will need a lot of work for the radical changes.

However this is about the period that SI will begin to plan for FM11 the radical changes should be noted for SI to implement on FM11.

Personally I know that most things said here can't be included it will need a lot of work for the radical changes.

However this is about the period that SI will begin to plan for FM11 the radical changes should be noted for SI to implement on FM11.

True, but they may have a better chance of being noticed if it's in the Idea section rather than general discussion - with the amount of threads within this particular part of the forum it could quite easily be missed here.

I'd personally like some ammendmants to defending. It's improved a fair bit since the 10.2 patch but I am still noticing some very annoying erorrs. For example: marking. I tell my centre backs to mark the strikers but when the ball comes towards them they are no where near them. Never mind the fact that gap between my two centre backs is so wide both strikers can actually run through no problem. For the record, my width setting is set to narrow. The gap really should not be so big.

Yesterday I conceded a goal and the defending was laughable. The ball was crossed in to a striker on the edge of the six-yard box, and my two centre backs pushed up away from the striker (who was actually positioned between the two of them) as soon as he got the ball. I do not play with an offside trap, and actually play quite deep so I don't know why they were pushing up. And my goalkeeper also moved towards one corner of the goal for no reason, completely exposing the other corner. Inevitably, the striker scored an easy goal.

I would love if this was sorted out, provided that is a problem with the game and not some tactical thing that I'm missing.

the trasfer system should be improved big time, but that's for a new fm. some wicked contract clauses would be cool.

for this patch i hope for a review of some portuguese players (ruben micael, david luiz) and i think that the number of world class regens should be decreased. i see a lot of 15 year-olds that are worth €1M

True, but they may have a better chance of being noticed if it's in the Idea section rather than general discussion - with the amount of threads within this particular part of the forum it could quite easily be missed here.

I agree with you, but also individual thread for all the ideas a post can be dismissed very easily. Very much doubt that some one goes on that thread and reads every single one (i might be wrong though, since I do not work in SI and how things are done there).

Personally a thread for ideas for FM11 and then once the game is released that thread was closed and another was open called ideas for FM12 and so on. And they should be sticky thread and only be normal thread once the game was released or goes into production or something.

However the point is there are features that their importance needs to tone down and others should be removed like Press Conferences and other be a choice like Subs in continuous time or time just stops (like is all games until FM08).

And others things.

I'd personally like some ammendmants to defending. It's improved a fair bit since the 10.2 patch but I am still noticing some very annoying erorrs. For example: marking. I tell my centre backs to mark the strikers but when the ball comes towards them they are no where near them. Never mind the fact that gap between my two centre backs is so wide both strikers can actually run through no problem. For the record, my width setting is set to narrow. The gap really should not be so big.

Yesterday I conceded a goal and the defending was laughable. The ball was crossed in to a striker on the edge of the six-yard box, and my two centre backs pushed up away from the striker (who was actually positioned between the two of them) as soon as he got the ball. I do not play with an offside trap, and actually play quite deep so I don't know why they were pushing up. And my goalkeeper also moved towards one corner of the goal for no reason, completely exposing the other corner. Inevitably, the striker scored an easy goal.

I would love if this was sorted out, provided that is a problem with the game and not some tactical thing that I'm missing.

Totally agree.Most of my game is tactic,and I dont care too much about transfer market.

I am trying to scout the opponent,adjust tactics for every game,defense stile,player marking,I dont know what else could do.And again,almost every single game I someone scores the same way,as JEinchy said.

Yes, regens are one of my biggest pet peeves on this game. The grouping of certain stats in relation to a player's position is really odd sometimes. I've seen centre backs who cannot and strikers with high stats in tackling and marking. Additionally, I think over 50% of all regens have serious problems with the Off The Ball and Positioning stats. Very rarely do I find one with a stat above 10. I signed a centre back with 5 in Positioning, but 17 in Corners.

I don't want a new bloody patch!! I'm tired of having to learn or get new tactics every couple of months!

I have finally found a tactic that's worked for me and now it is resigned to the bloody dustbin.

How about a patch that doesn't drastically change everything in the ME so that non exploitation tactics still actually work??

Having finally bought FM2010 last week, I now feel able to comment. There are some nice graphical touches such as full stadiums, and you can play some lovely football at times.

But, there are significant problems, moreso than the final version of FM09. They actually make it less easy to play currently than FM09, which I may have to go back to.

Fortunately, I remember many versions of FM having problems that were sorted by the final patch, so I am quite hopeful. I would like to see in 10.03.

1) The ridiculous defending bug fixed, which sees opposition strikers routinely waltz between two centre backs to get a shot on goal. It totally breaks the realism and is one of the worst bugs I have seen.

2) Silly AI transfer valuations. As always, opposition clubs bid peanuts for my best youth players, yet want many multiples of their values for their own players.

3) This frustration is exacerbated by incorrect sale valuations from scout reports. I scouted a youth player, my scout came back that club would likely sell for around 600k, I bid 750k and its refused. Its just annoying.

4) Still on scouts, the star ratings. How exactly do you get 5 stars? I have Sergio Aguero rated at 4. I know they are rated against the league, but it would be much better to be rated against your team. As it stands, there is no variation we can use to tell players apart, I have yet to see a 4.5 star or better player! Or better still, let us have two star ratings, one against the club and the other against the league, so we can tell.

5) Too many red cards, I pick up 1 every 3 games. This is more than the AI - I concede less free kicks and my team is not that aggressive! Admittedly though, I havent played many games yet, so maybe its just me and my tactics.

6) Some headed goals from crosses. Wingers never seem to beat a fullback and cross for a headed goal. In fact, the wingers (just like in 09) seem to wait for the full back to get back so it can hit it against them. Again, maybe its just me, but all goals seem to look the same.

7) Can we have an option to turn off press conferences? I know they are realistic, but at the moment its very much a chore. You dont pick answers you would say in real life, all you can do is say what will upset the squad the least. Its so tedious.

8) Free kicks are very rarely scored.

9) Some optimisation of the match engine so it is less jerky and smoother would be hugely appreciated, and just some in general - the delays in clicks on selecting roles is a pain.

Yeah same as everyone else pretty much i can't play the game anymore right now.

I'd improve wide play with full backs getting forward more often.

Defensive play is pretty shocking. Man marking doesn't work in midfield for me me they don't man mark they just stand in front of the defence and chase the ball like a bunch of buffoons.

I dunno i am just so frustrated it seems no matter what i do its always the same tactic in the end of someone punts it up stiker gets one on one and hits it straight at the keeper.

Having finally bought FM2010 last week, I now feel able to comment. There are some nice graphical touches such as full stadiums, and you can play some lovely football at times.

But, there are significant problems, moreso than the final version of FM09. They actually make it less easy to play currently than FM09, which I may have to go back to.

Fortunately, I remember many versions of FM having problems that were sorted by the final patch, so I am quite hopeful. I would like to see in 10.03.

4) Still on scouts, the star ratings. How exactly do you get 5 stars? I have Sergio Aguero rated at 4. I know they are rated against the league, but it would be much better to be rated against your team. As it stands, there is no variation we can use to tell players apart, I have yet to see a 4.5 star or better player! Or better still, let us have two star ratings, one against the club and the other against the league, so we can tell.

6) Some headed goals from crosses. Wingers never seem to beat a fullback and cross for a headed goal. In fact, the wingers (just like in 09) seem to wait for the full back to get back so it can hit it against them. Again, maybe its just me, but all goals seem to look the same.

These are two of the nagging ones. I don't know exactly how to get 5 stars. There are players with 196 PA, that have only 3 stars of potential! I mean, they're 4 PA away from perfect! I scouted players like Messi, Essien and Ronaldo just to see, and they were only 4.5.

I have 2 strikers who are incredibly good at heading, and my strategy was to use them for that, then have my quick AMC (4.5 star Aguero. I wonder why yours is only 4?) do some damage in the middle. Doesn't work. Since one of the original 2 has average finishing, he can never score, because crosses are always blocked.

These are two of the nagging ones. I don't know exactly how to get 5 stars. There are players with 196 PA, that have only 3 stars of potential! I mean, they're 4 PA away from perfect! I scouted players like Messi, Essien and Ronaldo just to see, and they were only 4.5.

As mentioned, this is just you misunderstanding how the star-system works (or SI failing to explain it).

The stars are given relative to your clubs standing, and the other players on your team and in your league. So Ronaldo on a CCC team would be rated 5 stars, but on a top team in the world, he might not get a full score (no one would, probably).

If someone says, "Can we get rid of press conferences?" one more time I am going to beat up an old lady. Is it just me who has a "Send assistant" button or what?

And sending your assistant has no repercussions at all? The fact is they are an annoyance if you attend and if you don't attend they are a lottery and can severely harm your morale.

Don't you realise that?

If someone says, "Can we get rid of press conferences?" one more time I am going to beat up an old lady. Is it just me who has a "Send assistant" button or what?

No you're not the only one with that button, but since assistant managers regularly make a balls up of their press conferences and since motivation and what is said in these press conferences has such a huge bearing on your next result then most people are forced into it.

I totally agree with decreasing the effects of team talks and press conferences.

It is crazy that a manager can say 1 wrong thing in the press, leading to everyone playing badly.

It also works heavily in my favour as well, which is sooooo unrealistic. I can pinpoint players with poor determination and poor professionalism through interactions, and lower my opposing teams morale.

In reality, I feel a lot of players ignore the media. I remember seeing a documentary of a player who turned actor and he said there was only one thing that was similar and that was that you learn to ignore critism from the media or you just wont survive.

It feels to me that the whole media in FM2010 is based around the "armchair" fan and not based on real life motivation. As far as I can tell, most players ignore the media, are actually more professional than we are lead to believe and on most part - its the managers who enter these media battles and usually its because of referees.

Tactics are also extreemly erratic - it seems centralised tactics do better than wide ones. (ie no wingers as to with wingers AMR/AML etc)

I would also like SI to diminish the effects of slightly "incorrect" tactics.

It is amazing how 1-2 notches of a slider can do to a teams performance. Is that really THAT realistic?

To me its strange how my whole team is playing poorly, and I make 1-2 changes in mentality and closing down and suddenly the entire side is playing like Barcelona.

It's like a real life manager says "Hey <player> I want you to play 15% less attacking, and increase your closing down by about 5%" to his team who is down 1-0 and then suddenly, they go on to win 3-1.

It is just incredible.

The game has become so complex (it loosk simple, but it really is not.) and the attempts to make it meaningful via the new tactics setup has only made things worse.

Also the tactics design as a whole is poor. Most people do not know that if they change a team setting, it does not over-ride individual player settings.

You cant help but think that the whole tactics design is just a mess.

I really really really hope they will remove the vast number of lame african players being loaded in the game database. In Croatian database for example you have 5000 players in small database of which at least 1000 or more are african. That bugs me a lot, though it used to be worse before the new patch. I don't know how it's with other databases, but hope it will be fixed.

For me it would be better defending, better player off the ball movement, team playing styles.

Thats all for 10.3, as I know they wont be able to improve the players' decision making,passing,off the ball movement and many other things.

However a tip for SI for next year's edition would be to DRASTICALLY improve the off the ball movement, only then will the football and tactics feel much better.

make the press conference ralistic. Please, it can't be so annoying with allways the same question. And if you make one bad move, you are losing. Look, if I want to tell the media we are loser, we will look to defend, we have no chances in the match, why can't I talk to my team and say I wanted the opposition feels that they have an easy match. Guys, we are winning it. We will surprose them. But what I get? My team is dissapointing with my press conference. Was I talking to my team or to my opponent and the world? Believe me, it is never equal what a manager say in the press and the words to the team. The job of a manager is to divert the atention from his team, to let the players be cool and have no pressure. But when you try to get this in this game, you only get dissapointing word from your players :( stupid.

I like to watch other matches. I allways look at the calender and attend the derbys and some matches. But, this should rise my managing skills. I mean, the knowledge about tactics and stil. Because I am watching how the opposition is playing, and learn from it. And it would be nice to get some press question about the match. To tell the media how you saw the game. If you was right, it could rise your points as a manager, and your popularity. Because, I still don't get it why the commentary allways say that I am in the stands to watch the match.

Right then I have a few so bare with me!

1 - Main priority should be the ease of playing through balls only to find the Superkeeper.

2 - AI Transfer Intelligence and training & youth development

3 - OI should be easier to do on mass, instead of clicking through every bloody profile. Suferosa had an awesome tool in FM09 and it made the whole issue so much easier and fun.

4 - Teamtalks and media by the Ass Man should be good. I dont want to take charge of every interview or TT so if my Ass Man has 20 motivation, mind games etc then he should be bloody good. Ass Man should just be better in general IMO.

5 - I think more explanation of the whole game and how it works would be a good start. Touchline shouts are a good idea but I dont have a clue on what they actually change. Im left to guess or find it out myself, now im pretty sure that doesnt happen IRL! I always thought 'hassle' would increase closing down but it infact man marks which is something I really dont want.

6 - I dont understand why any lower league teams wouldnt want my youth players on free loans! No English team wanted to loan Jose Baxter when i offered him!?!

7 - Sendings off in general but it goes both ways! If the last man commits a foul then he should be sent off. On the other end my players are getting straight reds even though they arent aggressive, dirty, hard tackling etc and its different players all over the pitch! Iv had 5 in my last 6 games FFS

8 - Scout ratings arent great and should be improved somehow and you should maybe be able to scout for certain player roles, rather than doing it manually?

6 - I dont understand why any lower league teams wouldnt want my youth players on free loans! No English team wanted to loan Jose Baxter when i offered him!?!

I agree with this one... After all these years the loan system is still awful. (regarding youngsters..)

Got better over the years but not enough...

Affiliates helped this a bit but not enough, especially because in some countries the affiliates system is kinda flawed.

I'd also like to have dynamic league rep but that would be kinda hard in a patch. :p

Yes, please. Give as this. I mean, I lunch my ST, he wants to dribble the GK, and the GK tackle him. Penalty and red card.

And yeeeeeessss! I got a penalty for handballed the ball. It was against me, but it is nice to see a penalty of this art :)

Also i want to see Keeper getting yellow card for delay game. And i want to see goalkeeper injured.

What are your hopes for patch 10.3?

I personally hope that the Match Engine bugs will be fixed . . .

-discuss-

Press conferences. When the media ask if you are interested in signing a player:

If you respond no, and the player isn't on your shortlist, and you don't interact with him in any way, they should never ask you again.

They may ask you once more if you have some interaction with the player, if you respond no again, they never ask again.

A small annoyance, but an easy fix. I should not be asked about Barnetta (or any other random player) four or five times for no reason at all, especially if I respond with an emphatic NO on every occasion.

My hope is it doesnt make my tactics completly useless. I have been using basically the same tactics for 10 seasons now and liking the results. Even though they are always goal fests I'm quite enjoying it. I like all the 4-3s.

Players learning languages. I have had a Brazilian keeper who has known he will be transferred to my club in Spain for 2 years. Yet, he has refused to learn a word of Spanish.

He might be trying but is maybe a little mentally challanged like my Italian player who has been living in england for 4 years and still cant speak a word.

He might be trying but is maybe a little mentally challanged like my Italian player who has been living in england for 4 years and still cant speak a word.
Over four years? Can't speak it at all? That has nothing to do with linguistics.

I was just responding to the first comment how the brazillian has been living in Spain for 2 years and hasent picked up the language. That's just ridicoulous.

I can't wait for the final patch and to start my career game

My hope is that there will be no bugs that will have to be left over untill FM2011.

Like the corner routine bug on last years FM. I just hope after the last patch the game can be fully enjoyable, without having to wait for FM2011 because something is not right with FM10 10.3. :)

I hope for no pause just before your team is drawn in a cup, completely ruining the suspense.

Also, if you are a goal up late on, the opposition are awarded a corner and there are a few seconds of commentary delay, you know it's a goal.

Archived