Patch 10.3 hopes

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) Fix the amount of foreigners in leagues that only allow a limited amount of foreign players in a match.

2.) More realistic prices for young players. C'mon...expecting to pay more than 20 million for an average 16 year old striker is a bit much.

3.) Better distribution of good regens. In my game there are almost no good african players and my team is full of Brazilian superstars.

4.) Quality of players in lower ranked nations rapidly decreases in long term games. For example the Slovenian national team (all leagues fully loaded) is made from mostly League 1 quality players. It might be connected with a huge amount of foreign players in clubs. It doesnt seem to be training related since my scout rarely finds even a player with a decent premier league potential.

5.) Fix the multiple select crappyness in player views. Happens every time i select a lot of players to scout. Players that are not selected are displayed as selected and vice versa, scrolling causes empty lines to appear etc. Same as in previous versions of FM.

6.) Fix the back button. It should go back to the previous screen every time not just most of the time. Also try to remember my view setting.

7.) The shortlist button magically transforms into national pool button when you also become a national manager.

8.) quick instructions button during the match should be visible even if you are not watching the pitch.

9.) Fix the I want a new contract but i dont want to sign one because im unhappy and I want a new contract bug.

10.) Static league reputations. Cmon is it really hard to just set the league reputation to be the average reputation of the clubs in the league. That would make smaller leagues enjoyable.

11.) Increase the likelihood of a son being generated. :) I probably played more than 100 seasons and never had one.

12.) Ability to spend the money we earn on houses, yachts and planes....this one i dont want :)

enough for now :)

Pretty confident most of this will have been said before but anywhoo..

- Fixed/improved transfer system, pretty dire in its current state.

- Match engine:

More realistic wide-play (winger dribbling & stand-offish fullbacks)

Better conversion rate of one-on-ones (probably also fewer)

Better heading at goal from open-play crosses.

More goals from DFKs

Fixed defending (some of the defending even from world-class players is a joke)

- Fixed 'Auto Select' for player registration: Currently doesn't take into account the need for HG players.

- I also severely dislike the FM2010's match UI, think it's a massive step back, much preferred being able to viewmatch stats, home team stats, away team stats etc with one click (I know new stuff like analysis was added but, tbh, with such an incredibly unrealistic ME it hardly matters). Can't imagine these changes would be reversed but an option to revert much like in tactics would be welcomed.

I'd definitely want to add a bug fix - When you manage a national team like Ghana and are using a smaller database size and you ONLY have 3 GKs in the national pool with no one else in sight, if one of them gets injured and you need to play a match, you're screwed... you need to use a wrokaround in order to continue playing coz the game won't allow you to proceed with only 2 registered keepers. You must have a minimum of 3 registered keepers... but you can't register an injured player... what now? *sulk*

Maybe this is just me, coincidence or not knowing how to respond but whenever a manager comes out mouthing about my club I can not win that game, it has happened to me on every single save and it is really turned me off playing the game at this point, ive tried everything all to no avail, this needs to be fixed or someone please explain to me how to counteract this pathetic part of the game because i feel like smashing the disc to pieces when im 1/6 to win and draw with Hull who are massive odds

From past releases of other incarnations the earliest it was released if not mistaken was Valentine's day.

So expect at earliest Valentine's Day, after that your guessing is as good as mine.

I don't expect much of this patch, though. Side the January database update.

The only things I want fixed are the shortlist bug and I want it to be easier to sell players I don't want. I'm so tired of offering decent players to clubs only to recieve no offers or a slue of unappealing loan offers...Furthermore, if the player joins another club on loan with a future fee involved, I'd like for to actually accept a move to the club every once in a while. I'm yet to see it happen. Thanks.

Maybe defenders break out from the back or stay forward at corners........sometimes!!!, They always seem to be in far too much of a hurry to get back to the static back 4!!.

Maybe energy being more visual in the game, i.e sub maybe roasting someone in midfield or closing down better than the knackered players.

Interesting thread.

It proves how subjective the FM-experience really is: some people complaining about too much goals from set pieces. Others complaining about too few goals from set pieces. :)

A lot of the perceived problems are clearly down to a misunderstanding of game mechanics and a serious underestimation of the importance of psychology in real football.

What is lacking in FM10 in my opinion?

A decent and comprehensive manual.

Not a book in which the PA of every player is listed. Not a book in which all the wonderkids from Senegal are discussed.

Not that; we need a manual which actually explains some very basic game mechanisms:

What is the meaning of each teamtalk?

How does training and player development actually work?

What does "exploit the middle" really change in player and team instructions?

If I click dismiss advice in the backroom meetings: does this have an influence on certain game parameters?

etc etc

I'm not asking for a walkthrough which describes the "perfect settings"!

But a game with this scope and complexity deserves more then a pamphlet in which training receives a 10 paragraph chapter, which leaves you clueless on what to do.

From past releases of other incarnations the earliest it was released if not mistaken was Valentine's day.

So expect at earliest Valentine's Day, after that your guessing is as good as mine.

Took the words right out of my mouth, I doubt it'll be released in March, definitely be this month in my opinion.

MY HOPES:

1) Fix defending. This is easiest the biggest problem with the game the defenders just look like morons most of the time.

2) Fix the regens. In FM 10 suddenly the world has suffered a massive decline in human beings that can jump and mark. They can all run like lightning though.

3) Animations. Let's step into the 20th century.

3. Something I would REALLY love to have implemented, would be the option to filter out any bids for my players that are not straight up cash.

Agree 100%, great idea.

Would also like to see more one on ones result in goals, although less of these chances would have to be created per game.

It's a really small thing but why do bald regens have hair in the match engine? maybe fix this,

also on appearance theme, why no difference between long hair/short hair, mixed race/hispanic etc players look white in the M.E to me; very minor points though obviously.

I can read and non of the SI members have commented about it in this thread. :rolleyes:

They're not commenting because they do not have an exact date set. It has always come out late feb-ish and it's probably not going to be any different this time either. I personally wish they'd take as long as they possibly can. Not too hopeful though, the match engine is so far behind from where I'd expect it to be in 10.2 that I can't see them getting it right in such a short time.

I would like....

1) Linesmen to point the flag the right way for throw-ins etc. (its annoying)

2) Players to stop asking for a offside call on EVERY SINGLE GOAL

3) Players to stop looking like there having seizures when there taking a throw-in

To be continued...(been sucked in by the Utd vs City game)

Out of everything listed so far, this is the one that stands out. On a similar note, I'd like the game to stop blaming a particular player for EVERY SODDING GOAL.

"Player A will have to take the blame for that goal, he missed his dinner and was feeling a little unwell..."

etc.

I believe the clubs overvaluing of there top players is completely exxagerated. I was Man City in a previous save as i support them and i placed 5 bids of 70 million to 3 different centre mids and 2 strikers including, Fabregas, Essien, Cambiasso, Villa and Torres. Everyone rejected, i dont really get this, I mean Fabregas is worth the world to Arsenal but i would be very suprised if Arsenal rejected an offer of 70 million in real life, as i definately would with Essien and especially Cambiasso. Whereas Valencia and Liverpool arnt even in the financial position to even 2nd look the offer without rejecting. Definately needs a closer look and more attention paid to this+

That's the official SI line taken from the 'patching strategy' thread.

Late Feb/Early March is as good as you are going to get.

Put your rolling eyes away and behave yourself! :p

Had I known I wouldn't have suggested SI confirm the release date in this thread, fella.:cool:

Archived