Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by postal postie:

how comes when i click the pc boxed version on the first post it downloads straight away in about 2 seconds?

It's just the bittorrent file. You need it to download the patch when you startet bittorrent.

Played just one game so this isnt exactly a scientific observation, but at least the match engine seems to be better. Very disappointed that pretty much nothing else was fixed (based on change list). Hopefully 09 wont be released in such a poor state as FM08 is even after two patches.

some questions:

do players develop faster?

is it easier to score or is it still 99% of chances are "it was easier to score than miss"

does every single goal from a corner still get disallowed?

is the southampton kit bug fixed?

cant see them in the change list but i hope they are :p

Originally posted by Patrick27:

What is the difference between the matches for example bugs were fixed in v639 and match v640 ect?

we get the final update. but there would have been multiple update and testing phases within SI towers.

each version v639 v640 and so on would have been the version increments within SI.

once the download is complete on BitTorrent, what do i do next, see im downloading the patch on my computer, but i play fm on my laptop and it isnt connected to the internet. I want to know what i do when the downlaod is complete. Thanks

Originally posted by Easyone:

i didn't install 8.0.1, because of all the stuff about the goals/shots ratio and stuck with the beta patch, so i don't have the extra files eg. the extra player pictures for spanish teams, will 8.0.2 give me the extra files or not?

unless SI have gained extra rights to extra teams pictures etc then you wont get any more. all the pics can be downloaded from other sites.

you just need to go to the graphics part of this site.

Now this is a great surprise!

I just came to look at new posts, never expecting a patch today. icon_smile.gif

For those who promised a nice romantic evening with the missus...

... this really will put your relationship to the test. icon_wink.gif

Happy valentines day to all! icon_smile.gif

And many thanks to the entire SI crew, testers and researchers, KUTGW! icon_smile.gif

Guest major24

I tried to download the new update but when i do it says that there is an error. I am trying to open it in win rar. is that the right program? please help.d do i need to change the program to open it in?

Originally posted by DarkJeste:

I don't suppose anyone could post a .rar or .zip link for the WWSM 802 boxed patch could they? It's lonely over here in the USA... cheers in advance.

I should have added that was WWSM 802 PC-Boxed, also Valentine's dinner tonight is going to cost me a small fortune, so this would really get me out of a bind! Who said that romance was dead....

• SI Staff

LFC Rule - yes

jakobx - in your opinion. I disagree, vehemently.

Kazza - that's been explained more than once.

drevil1969 - from the first post in this thread. Please read the post in full.

Timster - none of those are official mirrors, as none of them have been tested and verified by us.

smithers - we will not be hosting any direct downloads ourselves, nor has any decision been made about re-issuing the patch.

wally13 - you can see the changelist for yourself.

rude_786 - yes.

Law_Man - no, it's a seperation between FM & FML. Match engine changes affect both games.

welshfrankie - why not play it, and let us know your thoughts in the "impressions" thread? Your points are subjective ones, so all feedback is good.

Goskii - transfer it to your other machine however you would normally do that, and double click on it.

Andrew K - when it's available, the first post in the thread will get changed from what it currently says.

celticchuddle - if someone decides to mirror it, then yes. If not, then no. We are only hosting torrent versions.

major24 - if you downloaded it from us, just double click on the file. If the download was tiny (a few k), then follow the instructions in the first post.

Archived