Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

David Graham 4 Scotland - nope. Data only affects newly started games.

Rb - still getting a 404 error. You've likely got 1,000 people + a second trying to connect to your site....

Yeah, we had 3,1324 connections at last count icon_biggrin.gif

Hi guys, probably a stupid question but just wanted advice. Am in january of a storming Villa career and reluctant to start again. i plan to only play with the villa long term so wondered is there any point starting a new game (which i know is always advised) or will the szave game compatibaility be alright for this career?

Guest gabricosta

Miles should I finally start a long term game or is it better to wait a little icon_confused.gif ... if there will be maybe a new build of the patch ... or maybe another version icon_biggrin.gif

Not sure if you'll be able to give a definative figure but how much of the patch is save game compatible?

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on 20-30% of the patches benifit but also I don't want to give up on a save that's 14 seasons in.

Originally posted by fgu82:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaD_WeeGiE:

Ofcourse its going to work lol

Just finished the download and the file seems to be corrupted! Anyone who managed to extract? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked fine for me.

Great link Weegie, miles faster than the torrents icon14.gif

Originally posted by Barside:

Not sure if you'll be able to give a definative figure but how much of the patch is save game compatible?

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on 20-30% of the patches benifit but also I don't want to give up on a save that's 14 seasons in.

I really need to remeber to hit refersh before posting.

Guest gabricosta
Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

gabricosta - there are no plans whatsoever for another patch. But congratulations on being the first to ask when it'll be out.

I had to ask icon_biggrin.gif

i think on the last manager when the last patch was out another build of the patch was released a little bit latter ... i wanted to be sure now icon_wink.gif

Miles is it possible to continue an old game or is it reccomended to start a new one? i mean the changes like in england expanding the number of substitiution from 5 to 7.. ?

I have seen many references regarding bugs around board confidence, it does not appear that this module has had the major work done on it, that some peple think it needed.

Could SI please confirm if it hasnt been maorly changed, because they don't believe theres an issue?

thanks

Originally posted by piekar:

Miles is it possible to continue an old game or is it reccomended to start a new one? i mean the changes like in england expanding the number of substitiution from 5 to 7.. ?

if you are passed 08/09 then the 7 subs will come into effect at the start of the season after the one you are playing.

Archived