Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howie:

the mac torrent finally worked, came through at 370k per second or the amount of time it took me to go for a p*ss.

Beautiful. I just put 4GB for RAM in my MacBook this afternoon too.... icon_cool.gif

Sweet!!

I dare not try it again. It's crashed my computer and internet umpteen times now, and is very annoying. Would really appreciate a mirror site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NepentheZ if you still dont have it someone posted this mirror on the previous page:

8.0.2 mac

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

saulty2005 - short term loans are not put in for the patch. But as Andystotes has pointed out, he has already gone back anyway. Also, any bugs should be posted in the bugs forums, and data issues in the data forums please.

Noonster - I believe people have already given the information that you need in that thread.

Arussell - you shouldn't need any PC knowledge for this one. Just use the data editor which comes with the game, and follow the instructions that I've given (and others have done in Noonster's thread). I have no idea when or if we will be doing an updated patch at this stage, as we found about this issue after the people who make the patches had already gone home.

Thanks for the reply Miles, I have checked out another thread and the defoe change does seems simple enough. I will give it a go. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Doruk:

I wouldn't mind it if someone could mirror the WWSM boxed mac version of the patch as I am in school right now but wouldn't mind downloading it as our system is rather quick. Can't do torrents here though which sucks

Just be a bit patient with torrent on a mac. It does work, not very fast, but it does.

I'm having trouble with the WWSM Mac boxed torrent link. My stuffit expander won't expand the file and I get message that "application has unexpectedly quit". I have downloaded the BitTorrent but same problem persists. Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or a link for a mirror that I can try?

Hi SI,

I am a member of the turkish research team and responsible of the research for Bursaspor. We all waited hopfully for the 8.0.2 and finally it is here. I have tested it all day long and I am as many others very disappointed. As you can see there are many topics already about issues that still is in the game, but also about new problems. It was the same case for 8.0.1 and also the game this year seemed to be at a very low level when it was released. Why are you in a rush to release these patches? We, FM gamers, are more than willing to wait a much longer time for the patches so you guys have the time to make them as optimized as possible. Again 8.0.2 seemse to be rushed and it´s feels like you guys didn´t give all your heart to this oatch and game.

We see you as number 1 of this sort of games and doesn´t want to criticize you. But so many problems shows that you are not doing a job that is worthy SI, as we know. What would you lose if you had tested 8.0.2 for another week or so? Nothing I think. But know there are just disappointed. These issues and problems make us FM lovers to lose our faith to the game and you. Please take mine and other gamers words with you and get the old good SI back.

I also want to say a few word about the research of some specifik players that you â€can´t†get wrong. Elano is better than Kaka? How is this possible? And now I see some problem in the player stats. They dropp dramaticly in a very shot time. What is that about? If you tested the patch good enough you would see this things easy. How can you miss that Portsmouth lose around 50 millions in only a year? It is a PL team we are talking about so every one should easily see this problem when testing.

There are some much to write but I think you got my view of the wohle thing.

Regards

Turkish research team member and Bursaspor researcher.

Originally posted by UVA Soccer:

I'm having trouble with the WWSM Mac boxed torrent link. My stuffit expander won't expand the file and I get message that "application has unexpectedly quit". I have downloaded the BitTorrent but same problem persists. Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or a link for a mirror that I can try?

Please disregard my post. I realized my stupidity and opened the torrent file with the BitTorrent program (Duh!).

Really good work folks, very pleased. Despite a frustrating two week wait, it's really not too long to have to wait in reality is it?

Much appreciated.

One thing I will say though, is that I do think it's very important to get the re-jigged patch whereby the Defoe-bug is fixed. Though it's a quick fix for us all, it could be a bit complicated for people trying to set up a net game.

Cheers.

What´s up with the coding? Players get their stat highered with 2 point in the game. It is 15 in the db, I see 15 in the editor but in the game it becomes 17. Totally unrealistic. If a player gets 15 for passing then he deserves 15 and not 17.

Originally posted by Deza:

What´s up with the coding? Players get their stat highered with 2 point in the game. It is 15 in the db, I see 15 in the editor but in the game it becomes 17. Totally unrealistic. If a player gets 15 for passing then he deserves 15 and not 17.

Is that not just to do with the level of training facillities and coaching? If a player moves to a team with a poorer infrastructure their stats quickly drop to reflect that I think.

Originally posted by Coolsvil:

Miles a question for ya, is the patch ment to mess the saves up from previous patches? because in the clan game i play with several others, all our players stats have dropped vastly, any idea why?

to better describe this, all there stats have been reset to what they began with

Originally posted by riceybhoy:

Brilliant that this has come out today, cheers all at SI, not long in from a 12 hour shift, the g/f dumped me yesterday so just what i needed.

Thats rough mate. Ah well, like you said, youve got a new companion now. icon14.gif

Unless she dumped you because you spent too much time on FM......

Originally posted by CoskuN OzdemiR:

Hi SI,

I am a member of the turkish research team and responsible of the research for Bursaspor. We all waited hopfully for the 8.0.2 and finally it is here. I have tested it all day long and I am as many others very disappointed. As you can see there are many topics already about issues that still is in the game, but also about new problems. It was the same case for 8.0.1 and also the game this year seemed to be at a very low level when it was released. Why are you in a rush to release these patches? We, FM gamers, are more than willing to wait a much longer time for the patches so you guys have the time to make them as optimized as possible. Again 8.0.2 seemse to be rushed and it´s feels like you guys didn´t give all your heart to this oatch and game.

We see you as number 1 of this sort of games and doesn´t want to criticize you. But so many problems shows that you are not doing a job that is worthy SI, as we know. What would you lose if you had tested 8.0.2 for another week or so? Nothing I think. But know there are just disappointed. These issues and problems make us FM lovers to lose our faith to the game and you. Please take mine and other gamers words with you and get the old good SI back.

I also want to say a few word about the research of some specifik players that you â€can´t†get wrong. Elano is better than Kaka? How is this possible? And now I see some problem in the player stats. They dropp dramaticly in a very shot time. What is that about? If you tested the patch good enough you would see this things easy. How can you miss that Portsmouth lose around 50 millions in only a year? It is a PL team we are talking about so every one should easily see this problem when testing.

Regards

icon14.gif

Originally posted by CoskuN OzdemiR:

Hi SI,

Regards

icon14.gificon_frown.gif

Miles a question for ya, is the patch ment to mess the saves up from previous patches? because in the clan game i play with several others, all our players stats have dropped vastly, any idea why?

Same thing on my 8.0.1 saved game. Most of the players stats have dropped.

I'm sorry, I must not be doing something simple but I can't figure out how to get it working. I downloaded it (took four hours, says it's 100.0% done) and I have the wsm2008_802_digital-pc.exe icon on my desktop. What do I do with that? When I double-click it, I get "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" When I start up a new game I just get the options for 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. I couldn't find anything on page 1 of this thread and didn't want to look through every page. I am very new to torrents so it's probably something really simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

Nobody knows? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've got it all downloaded - now what do I do? Last time, I just downloaded it and it was automatically an option when I started a new game (to pick 8.0.1). This is frustrating - I have it downloaded to my computer, but I have no idea what to do with it.

Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

I'm sorry, I must not be doing something simple but I can't figure out how to get it working. I downloaded it (took four hours, says it's 100.0% done) and I have the wsm2008_802_digital-pc.exe icon on my desktop. What do I do with that? When I double-click it, I get "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" When I start up a new game I just get the options for 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. I couldn't find anything on page 1 of this thread and didn't want to look through every page. I am very new to torrents so it's probably something really simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

haha uhh well u first need to find the folder in which u downloaded the actual patch. check ur utorrent preferences

btw thank SI!

Originally posted by selimc89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

haha uhh well u first need to find the folder in which u downloaded the actual patch. check ur utorrent preferences

btw thank SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply - when I went to my preferences, the spot for "put new downloads in ..." was unchecked. I just checked it and told it to put new downloads on my desktop, but what can I do about the item that I have already downloaded? Where did it go? I am usually pretty good at computers but this is brand new to me and I don't know what I'm doing.

Wow, do I feel silly. I was so frustrated and didn't know what to do that I figured I would right-click the line that states it's 100.0% done and it gave me an option to "open."

Now I'm good to go. Well, I did figure it was something simple all along that I just couldn't figure out and I was right ...

Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by selimc89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

btw thank SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply - when I went to my preferences, the spot for "put new downloads in ..." was unchecked. I just checked it and told it to put new downloads on my desktop, but what can I do about the item that I have already downloaded? Where did it go? I am usually pretty good at computers but this is brand new to me and I don't know what I'm doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't remember where utorrent sticks it as default(maybe it's program directory?) But what you could try is search your user directory in C:\Documents and Settings (remember to choose advanced search options and tell it to check hidden folders just incase)

Mirrors for 8.02 patch

Download manager supported. Please max 2 concurrent connections.

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar Use WINRAR to extract. Compressed to save time for downloaders.

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed-pc.exe Original uncompressed.

Football Manager 2008 - Mac (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager - PC (digital download versions)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_digital-pc.exe

WSM - PC (boxed)

Coming soon. Uploading.

Archived