Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Having trouble with Mac Boxed Download

firstly, the link isn't finding any peers for me (Arzeus, Limewire and Bitcomet) - and is crashing the program after a few minutes.

Secondly, after the program crashes, my INTERNET crashes immediately after. I can't imagine how this is the cause, but i've tried it near 10 times now, and the same outcome each time. !

Please help. Thanks.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats my problem with Mac Boxed Torrent...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Having trouble with Mac Boxed Download

firstly, the link isn't finding any peers for me (Arzeus, Limewire and Bitcomet) - and is crashing the program after a few minutes.

Secondly, after the program crashes, my INTERNET crashes immediately after. I can't imagine how this is the cause, but i've tried it near 10 times now, and the same outcome each time. !

Please help. Thanks.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats my problem with Mac Boxed Torrent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's uploading to RS.com slooowly..it'll get there soon.

Originally posted by James.Clench:

Currentley downloading from 31 hosts at a total speed of 2KB/s so it will take 3 days 8 hours 57minutes and 12 seconds?? icon_frown.gif

I'm using Limewire, any help welcome!

I wouldn't use limewire. It is not an official source and may have errors, try downloading it off one of the mirror sites..

Like This

Originally posted by schuey100:

The Torrent works fine once downloaded. Macs don't handle torrents all that well, people are bound to run into problems, partly because the torrent software is pretty poor.

absolute rubbish. there are several excellent torrent programs for Macs...

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James.Clench:

Currentley downloading from 31 hosts at a total speed of 2KB/s so it will take 3 days 8 hours 57minutes and 12 seconds?? icon_frown.gif

I'm using Limewire, any help welcome!

I wouldn't use limewire. It is not an official source and may have errors, try downloading it off one of the mirror sites..

Like This </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon14.gif It's downloading at 13-15KB/s so it'll still take a couple of hours but thats better than 3 days, why is the file size only 87Mbs though when on Limewire it was 144Mbs?

• SI Staff

For those with Mac tech support issues regarding actual downloading, I can't really help - people have been grabbing it fine, as there have been lots of completed downloads. When official mirrors are available, we'll post them on here.

I'd be very wary of any other mirrors where the file size doesn't match....

Originally posted by TopToffee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

The Torrent works fine once downloaded. Macs don't handle torrents all that well, people are bound to run into problems, partly because the torrent software is pretty poor.

absolute rubbish. there are several excellent torrent programs for Macs... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif Easy, just an opinion! Transmission is probably the easiest to use, not as feature laden as others though. Still, I maintain that Torrent technology on the Mac, in my opinion, is pretty poor.

Originally posted by 01everton:

In the update list it says that from 2008/09 premier league teams are entitled to 7 subs.

If i started a game with 8.01 but update it using the 8.02 patch will my current game allow 7 subs to be used?

can si just answer this question quickly?

as i am desperate to know

sorry to be a pain miles ive just downloaded patch off another post not 1 at top of your page because it would't do it 4 sum reason anyway it downloaded fine and when i installed it it said updating 47 files or sumot like that is this correct.thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 01everton:

In the update list it says that from 2008/09 premier league teams are entitled to 7 subs.

If i started a game with 8.01 but update it using the 8.02 patch will my current game allow 7 subs to be used?

as i am desperate to know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wait until the next season starts and it should be there

Originally posted by wally13:

sorry to be a pain miles ive just downloaded patch off another post not 1 at top of your page because it would't do it 4 sum reason anyway it downloaded fine and when i installed it it said updating 47 files or sumot like that is this correct.thanks

Yes. I used the official torrent and it was 47 files

Originally posted by wally13:

Yes, it only updates 47 files.

Originally posted by trebor1185:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 01everton:

Just wait until the next season starts and it should be there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am in 2011 and i don't want to download it unless this feature takes place immediately

Miles has already answered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trebor1185:

Just wait until the next season starts and it should be there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am in 2011 and i don't want to download it unless this feature takes place immediately </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you download and install the patch and the feature doesn't take place immediately, what have you lost?

Hopefully someone can answer this for me:

I am downloading via the torrent, I want to keep seeding it once I have done to help others out. How do I do that, and run the program (patch) at the same time?

I have only used torrents once, and went to run the program and it told me something like I couldn't run it as it was being used by another program. When I stopped seeding it, it ran fine.

Thanks.

Originally posted by James07?:

I assume (as previously) all the January transfers are not accurately represented? The players are miraculously at their new clubs from the start of the game in June / July?

If so, will there be a version of the patch without the transfers?

If I remember right, in 2k7 when the update came in. When you started a new game you had the choice of picking from July 2006 or January 2007 database.

I can only assume that's how it is here. I haven't got the patch yet so I'm only making a judgement from past experience that I'm not positive I've remembered right.

Originally posted by homerjnick:

The Change List is confusing as there is no Match Engine tweaks in tere until you get to the line Patch 8.01 and underneath that is Match Engine tweaks.

???

not sure what the confusion is, but Match engine versions 656 and onwards are new to 8.02, I believe.

Originally posted by Roscoe9:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timster:

Found the fix, people using PeerGuardian 2 or any other ip-blockers disable it and then you should be able to download the torrent fine.

How do you do that?? Sorry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just press the disable button on PeerGuardian or right click the icon in the taskbar and close it...

Bit of a newb question really...

The match engine changes V639 to 665 does that mean all these are being changed in this patch or are some of them from the previous patches?

Sorry but I am confused..clarification would be appreciated.

icon_confused.gif

Archived