Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Any chance anyone has finished uploading the mac .dmg file to a mirror? Whenever I try to D/L via torrents it crashes my computer and my internet still. Thanks in advance.

At least it's not just me, very frustrating though!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive looked at the change list miles my point woz people av downloaded the patch tried it and are't happy alot of people saying board confidence as not changed yet it woz 1 of main complaints still 2 many goals in a game sum people av posted assistants not saying things when u ask them 2 at half time or full time.ive just read a post saying diarra futre fees go 2 chelsea and not arsenal how do u change that same way as the defoe problem

Originally posted by celtichuddle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Any chance anyone has finished uploading the mac .dmg file to a mirror? Whenever I try to D/L via torrents it crashes my computer and my internet still. Thanks in advance.

Which version you needing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boxed Mac via Mirror please.

As you can see, I'm not the only person having problems with the torrent, and i've tried 3 different torrent programs to download it.

• SI Staff

wally13 - for a start, please type in English, and not text speak. It is a foreign language for me, what with me being old n all.

We've long ago given up trying to please everyone - it's an impossible task. If people play our games, and don't enjoy them, then they may well not buy the next one, and that's the risk we take. With a game with the size and depth of ours, there will always be minor errors made. For some people these are more important than for others.

All I know is that there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world happily playing and enjoying our games. There will always be a few detractors.

As for the Diarra issue (which has not gone through our test room, so I do not yet know if it is true or not, nor do I know what the ins and outs were of the deals between Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth), you would edit this the same way as the Defoe deal has been explained.

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

wally13 - for a start, please type in English, and not text speak. It is a foreign language for me, what with me being old n all.

We've long ago given up trying to please everyone - it's an impossible task. If people play our games, and don't enjoy them, then they may well not buy the next one, and that's the risk we take. With a game with the size and depth of ours, there will always be minor errors made. For some people these are more important than for others.

All I know is that there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world happily playing and enjoying our games. There will always be a few detractors.

As for the Diarra issue (which has not gone through our test room, so I do not yet know if it is true or not, nor do I know what the ins and outs were of the deals between Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth), you would edit this the same way as the Defoe deal has been explained.

Thanks for the hard work to you and the team mate its always appreciated...

Could you please look here regarding the defoe issue for me though

- http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6652089083

I can't see what to change at all!

Thanks

Darren

Originally posted by Howie:

the mac torrent finally worked, came through at 370k per second or the amount of time it took me to go for a p*ss.

Beautiful. I just put 4GB for RAM in my MacBook this afternoon too.... icon_cool.gif

Sweet!!

I dare not try it again. It's crashed my computer and internet umpteen times now, and is very annoying. Would really appreciate a mirror site.

Originally posted by Doruk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">can somebody advise to whether or not i need patch 8.0.1 to enable patch 8.0.2 to work

don't need 801 just download 802 and enjoy icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks

Originally posted by Noonster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Thanks for the hard work to you and the team mate its always appreciated...

Could you please look here regarding the defoe issue for me though

- http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6652089083

I can't see what to change at all!

Thanks

Darren </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Miles,

I am like Noonster here, I am also unsure of what to do. Not being PC minded probably doesn't help either! I read that there might be an upated patch with the defoe fix included, is this a likely reality in the next day or so? if so I will just wait for that but if not, could you/someone explain in a little bit more detail what needs to be done. Cheers.

i love the football manger series miles best game on market.i have a ps3 and 360 but they dont get a look in when fm is out.i was't complaining personally just asking a question.i appreciate the work you and your team do and i am more than pleased with your work.

Originally posted by Mr. Lionel:

any fellow yanks out there want to make a mirror for the wwsm digital download? if you do we can be bff.

I'm working on it now, will be up in 1-1.5 hours. Then I'll start working on the mac version for WWSM as there seems to be some demand for that, will let you guys know when it's up!

Originally posted by wally13:

ive looked at the change list miles my point woz people av downloaded the patch tried it and are't happy alot of people saying board confidence as not changed yet it woz 1 of main complaints still 2 many goals in a game sum people av posted assistants not saying things when u ask them 2 at half time or full time.ive just read a post saying diarra futre fees go 2 chelsea and not arsenal how do u change that same way as the defoe problem

can someone translate that into English?

Originally posted by Timster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Lionel:

any fellow yanks out there want to make a mirror for the wwsm digital download? if you do we can be bff.

I'm working on it now, will be up in 1-1.5 hours. Then I'll start working on the mac version for WWSM as there seems to be some demand for that, will let you guys know when it's up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the WSM boxed version. Much thanks if anyone can get around to it.

My bad, the one's that are going up now are the boxed versions first. The digital download one is 200mb so for those who are waiting for that it will probably only be up tomorrow morning (European time).

WSM 8.0.2 boxed patch for pc will be up in one hour.

Originally posted by Timster:

My bad, the one's that are going up now are the boxed versions first. The digital download one is 200mb so for those who are waiting for that it will probably only be up tomorrow morning (European time).

WSM 8.0.2 boxed patch for pc will be up in one hour.

Thanks Timster! I really appreciate people like you doing this for others.

• SI Staff

saulty2005 - short term loans are not put in for the patch. But as Andystotes has pointed out, he has already gone back anyway. Also, any bugs should be posted in the bugs forums, and data issues in the data forums please.

Noonster - I believe people have already given the information that you need in that thread.

Arussell - you shouldn't need any PC knowledge for this one. Just use the data editor which comes with the game, and follow the instructions that I've given (and others have done in Noonster's thread). I have no idea when or if we will be doing an updated patch at this stage, as we found about this issue after the people who make the patches had already gone home.

saulty2005 - short term loans are not put in for the patch. But as Andystotes has pointed out, he has already gone back anyway. Also, any bugs should be posted in the bugs forums, and data issues in the data forums please.

Noonster - I believe people have already given the information that you need in that thread.

Arussell - you shouldn't need any PC knowledge for this one. Just use the data editor which comes with the game, and follow the instructions that I've given (and others have done in Noonster's thread). I have no idea when or if we will be doing an updated patch at this stage, as we found about this issue after the people who make the patches had already gone home.

Miles - thanks for the reply, know you are a busy man. Your thread stats different to what my editor is showing though so how can the info be correct?

Mine shows nothing about league appearances yet your work around talks about that! Doesn't add up mate.

Once again thanks but I hope you can clarify.

Darren

• SI Staff

Noonster - are you sure you are editing the 8.02 database? You may have loaded the wrong one into the editor...

Yakster - save it to desktop, double click on it to start the programme, and follow the instructions.

Tonarsjesus - if it installed correctly, then it would say 8.02 icon_smile.gif Try again, and if it doesn't work, uninstall FM, re-install it, then install the 8.02 patch.

Noonster - are you sure you are editing the 8.02 database? You may have loaded the wrong one into the editor...

Yakster - save it to desktop, double click on it to start the programme, and follow the instructions.

Tonarsjesus - if it installed correctly, then it would say 8.02 icon_smile.gif Try again, and if it doesn't work, uninstall FM, re-install it, then install the 8.02 patch.

Miles - 110% sure mate, I have done it 3 times now to ensure I am using the right one.

Like I said I'm not trying to cause a problem, its just the instructions do not relate to what I (and others?) are seeing.

Also if I was loading 8.01 Defoe would not be at Portsmouth, and 8.01/8.02 are the only databases I have.

Thanks for your help with this...

Great work everyone at SI and thanks. Looks like a very detailed patch and well worth the wait.

So what if there are one or two data issues that need a little correcting with the editor - that's what it's there for right. icon_wink.gif

Am now rolling up my sleeves to see what some of the tweeks do to different tactics settings. Have noticed numerous adjustments, so will make for dome interesting debates in T&TT.

Out of interest, when making some of the adjustments to the match engine and tactical settings, were any of the user submitted tactics employed to gauge the effects?

Thanks again!

Archived