Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few questions:

has the issue of regens have poor physical attributes (particularly pace) been fixed?

has the development model of younger players been tweaked at all, so that you will get some players who are very good while still young (a la michael owen, fabregas etc)?

do older players age in a more realistic way now, as opposed to losing their attributes too quickly once they turn 30/31?

has board confidence had its many bugs and quirks ironed out?

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Craig [EVE] - we're not listing out the individual match engine changes. It's match version 665 I believe, and that's all you need to know (it could be 667 - I know we tried to avoid it being 666!).

as mentioned on BBC2's QI

The Number of the Beast is a concept from the Book of Revelation of the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The Number is 666 in modern biblical text, although modern studies have shown that the earliest known version of the Book of Revelation (from the 3rd century) used 616. One 11th century manuscript also shows 665.

666 is not the number of the devil icon_biggrin.gif

Hi, I run a clan game which I aint ready to restart with the new patch, however, I am installing the new patch as I am starting a single player game with it...I was just wondering if it is save game compatible and if I install it do all members of the clan have to install it?

• SI Staff

ChilliConCarnie - yes, but on my game it waited til the next season for the change to be in effect (as I was half way through the season already).

Timster - it is for others, as I can see a few hundred downloading away happily. You might have ports blocked where you are?

mattyspurs76 - at the moment, I am due to do a podcast tonight, but that could change as I've got a stinking cold, and have had very little sleep this week.

JAStewart - we've got the maximum bandwidth available to us serving the torrents. There will be mirrors within the next few hours, and as people are downloading, if they keep the connection open, the bottleneck will be fine soon enough.

Kill Rock Stars - please refer to the changelist thread. That is what has been changed.

James07? - there will be no patch without the data update, and the data is changed in the way that it always is, and always will be. You can, of course, start a new game using 8.0 or 8.1 data, or any other database.

Originally posted by DRBailey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

by any chance are you at salford uni Bailey?

Yeah mate , in Maxwell fifth floor, now hopefully you're not a tech guy or someone who will kill me for being on here and it's cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah im the Head of Information Services, so if you just let me know your account name, I will go right ahead and suspend your account... icon_wink.gif

JK.

From the screenshot I saw (although its gone now) it had references to your uni, so my guess woudl be that your uni blocks the download of torrent files or something along those lines.

• SI Staff

jmcg85 - yes, it's saved game compatible. Yes, all members of the clan will have to install it.

nach0king - I have no idea. Try it, and let us know icon_smile.gif

McTavish - they are already live.

Chilliconcarnie - everyone and anyone, although maybe best wait til tomorrow, as some of the guys worked through the night to get it live today. Others, like me, wimped out to get 4 hours sleep icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by jimmywils:

It amazes me when you get people askin 'Has this been changed' 'Is player x now in his correct position' etc. Read the god dam changelist or download the patch and find out!

SI Cannot respond to every question.

in order to find out the answer to my query about regens, i'd have to download the patch and play for several seasons - far easier to just ask, surely? no need to be rude

i know how u feel Miles, im hoping its my hayfever starting early and not another cold.

Also, why oh why on every podcast can i hear Sirens going off in the background?? got a major problem with hoodies beating people up down there? lol

Ive listened to all podcasts youve made and i cant remember one of them where i dont here police siren or whatever it is.

Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRBailey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

Yeah mate , in Maxwell fifth floor, now hopefully you're not a tech guy or someone who will kill me for being on here and it's cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah im the Head of Information Services, so if you just let me know your account name, I will go right ahead and suspend your account... icon_wink.gif

JK.

From the screenshot I saw (although its gone now) it had references to your uni, so my guess woudl be that your uni blocks the download of torrent files or something along those lines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so mate, I'm currently downloading some albums by torrent (no net@flat and a terrabyte connection here means good times for me icon_biggrin.gif)

• SI Staff

mattyspurs76 - they are recorded just off Charing Cross Road in London, in the heart of the West End. Sirens are therefore unavoidable....

DRBailey - if those are albums that you've paid for, that's OK. If not, piracy and talking about it are banned from these forums...

Such bad timing have to go to work soon.

Changes look good and wasn't expecting the EPL 7 subs so that's a bonus. Think I'll need to get on the transfer market though not sure Villa could fill the bench unless I buy.

Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

It amazes me when you get people askin 'Has this been changed' 'Is player x now in his correct position' etc. Read the god dam changelist or download the patch and find out!

SI Cannot respond to every question.

in order to find out the answer to my query about regens, i'd have to download the patch and play for several seasons - far easier to just ask, surely? no need to be rude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasnt directed at you specificially mate.

Originally posted by DRBailey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRBailey:

JK.

From the screenshot I saw (although its gone now) it had references to your uni, so my guess woudl be that your uni blocks the download of torrent files or something along those lines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so mate, I'm currently downloading some albums by torrent (no net@flat and a terrabyte connection here means good times for me icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... If the email in your profile is your actual email and you havent had any joy, I will email you the .torrent when I get home this evening (unless someone wants to get there first)

Originally posted by Neil Purvis:

Can someone check to see if the Newcastle injuries are up to date? In the beta they still had the likes of Owen, Duff, Barton and Given all with long term injuries when they're all playing now so these should be removed.

Thats not the way SI works, so they should still be injured.

Archived