What do y'all want to see removed/upgraded in FM25?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want the experience to be more immersive.

Other than that i'm fine with the incremental updates.  I've very low expectations for the new graphics engine at least for FM25.  Like most things it'll likely need a few editions to get spot on.  Will be overjoyed to be proved wrong though of course.

4 hours ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

When are we expecting the first bit of news for FM25 to drop? I’m sure I read somewhere, maybe even on these forums, that it’s Q1 this year? 

They said the second quarter

What I would like? More transparency in everything. Why I see block of down facing arrows sometimes at my players details screen? Why I can not build bigger stadium if I fill up current for over 10 years (FM23 - but I have already heard that did not changed in F24)?
Why my player move to team that offer them worse or similar contract(obviously I am not taking about situation that is my fault)? Why I can not offer better contract regardless of having way to much money.  If someone from my team explore options, why I can not offer him a contract when others doing it, my team is also option!
Why growing fan base is so slow? and way to increase that (yeah I am wining league every second year roughly, and fun base increase by really small amount - yes my team is from small town, but come on!).
Some more things to do with the money.
Show me in conversation screen when I last time prised player using particular option, so I do not use it too much. Sorry but it is stupid that I need to write that information down on a piece of paper. Also allow me to prise as many players as I want at once, no reason why I have to click one after another after another where I could just highlight those one I want and go with them.
Why to have more medical team members, does it make a difference? Can medical staff have too much work on their shoulders? that is not communicated.

7 hours ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

When are we expecting the first bit of news for FM25 to drop? I’m sure I read somewhere, maybe even on these forums, that it’s Q1 this year? 

Miles said Q2 of this year

15 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Fm 2024 still has 7 more moths to go. And it's lacking if we are being objective. Why talk about the future when the present is so lackluster?

i don't think its lacking a lot. its just the player discussions and other internal features that need patching..

On 19/03/2024 at 19:22, Bahoi said:

Fm 2024 still has 7 more moths to go. And it's lacking if we are being objective. Why talk about the future when the present is so lackluster?

Is that a fact? I would have thought, considering the game production has been running separately from the current version, there should be an earlier release. They’ve been working on it for years. The optimal release date would surely be September, just after European league kick off.

in answer to the thread. Just want better graphics and great variety of entertaining football at the highest level. So when you buy Musiala he doesn’t play the same way as Jordan Henderson…

oh and on Touch I don’t want every stat to be complete BS. but that’s a separate topic…

Edited by SimonHoddle

Some sense that the backroom staff mean something. Huge amounts of the advice seems designed for you to disagree with (moving a  striker to a midfield mentoring group; hiring a mediocre staff member; changing training assignments when the coach is best suited to the one you've chosen.) Improving your support staff should be a way of improving the team's performance, but nothing I've ever seen over multiple iterations of the game seems to suggest this is true. Firing a staff member who persistently talks nonsense should stop the nonsense, but it doesn't. 

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'd like an in-game editor!

Not that crappy cheat thingy. I want the full editor available in-game just like it is pre-game.

absolutely not, the in game and pre game are just fine

On 22/03/2024 at 02:07, Meanonsunday said:

You forgot when they recommend a player to learn a trait then as soon as he learns it they recommend to unlearn it.  Avoid weak foot, use weak foot more, back and forth.  Same with individual training of attributes.  Then what about recommending new staff all the time; if you took their advice you’d end up spending millions buying out contracts and replacing half of the staff members every year with new people that are better on one attribute but worse on the others that matter.

Indeed. And personalised training. "His off the ball movement is no longer a weakness' - and it's 10. For a supposedly high potential striker. The staff meeting could be such an important and useful part of the game. Instead, it's a drudge of hitting the "move on" button, and getting to the end as quickly as possible. At the moment, staff interaction appears meaningless.

18 hours ago, XV20 said:

absolutely not, the in game and pre game are just fine

Why? You don't want to be able to change rules, expand/contract competitions and adjust to new formats as they're announced in game? Fine, suit yourself. But some of us definitely do want a real in-game editor, I've been asking it for over a decade already!

On 21/03/2024 at 08:06, scass said:

Some sense that the backroom staff mean something. Huge amounts of the advice seems designed for you to disagree with (moving a  striker to a midfield mentoring group; hiring a mediocre staff member; changing training assignments when the coach is best suited to the one you've chosen.) Improving your support staff should be a way of improving the team's performance, but nothing I've ever seen over multiple iterations of the game seems to suggest this is true. Firing a staff member who persistently talks nonsense should stop the nonsense, but it doesn't. 

Here's a random example of inexplicable "advice." This player arrived two weeks ago, has shown no change in attributes, and has played in three friendlies with an average rating of 7.27. Note also the Nick Cox supposed attributes for judging talent. There doesn't seem to be any point in swamping some good ideas, like the staff meeting, with nonsense like this. About 90% of the advice is like this - it would be great if weighing up what coaches were telling you meant thinking, but tbh it's safe to just keep clicking "move on" until you get to the end of the meeting. 

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 14.15.10.png

Edited by scass
insert emphasis

On 23/03/2024 at 07:42, rusty217 said:

Why? You don't want to be able to change rules, expand/contract competitions and adjust to new formats as they're announced in game? Fine, suit yourself. But some of us definitely do want a real in-game editor, I've been asking it for over a decade already!

mb, i totally got the prev message wrong. I do wish to see those tools added..

It may look a little silly, but I'd like to have a couple of currencies running in my game at the same time. For example: wages in BRL and transfer values in EUR or USD. It sounds a little more realistic.

I just want the new match engine and graphics be an actually gigantic improvement. I expect the tactics side continues as good.

The rest I don't really care... aside from scouting. I delegate everything... SI can have minigame you have to slay a dragon to have improvement in training, for all I care. :D  Now seriously, aside from match engine and tactics and scouting* the rest at this point, it is wasted time, utter pointless endeavour.

*when I say scouting is actually researching the players myself, like in old versions of this game. That is unrealistic, sure, but that was half the fun of the game itself.

Aside from the obvious hopes of improved graphics and improved processing speed, the player interaction side of things still needs a lot of work.

Examples, if a player complains about his playing time and you promise some playing time, but he's then complete gash after a few games and decide you can't risk playing him any more, there should be the option when he complains further to state his performances weren't good enough, and currently that option doesn't exist.

Also, if someone comes up wanting improved terms on their contract and you literally don't have the wage budget to allow it, there should be the option to say this,  Currently there isn't.

Whilst the interactions in FM24 were definitely improved once the patches came out, and are definitely better than they were in FM23, the current system is still too inflexible.

I'd also like to see improvements to the press conferences.  Nothing bugs me more than after choosing the middle option because I have literally nothing to say about Brian Gobshite's troubles at Colchester, then getting the "The supporters will want to hear a proper answer from you.....",  Why?  What does it have to do with me?  I don't care!

On 21/03/2024 at 08:06, scass said:

No, seriously - this guy's Set Piece coaching is 6, and he's being suggested as a set piece coach. I'd fire the Technical Director, but it would make no difference.

What's the point of having his feature in the game if it's this badly executed? Is it just so that we have buttons to press?

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 07.30.51.png

Regen faces being completely overhauled and bought up to modern standards.

Stadiums to be editable so the community can create real stadiums across the world.

AI to be used in all interactions and news reports etc.

I think that's it.

Two things I would like to see sorted.

1) Can we stop having unrealistic differences in suitably based solely on position rather than role. For example I can play someone as a Winger-Support and in the AML berth he can have 3.5 stars and a green rating. However if I play him in the ML as Winger-Support he can be orange and 1.5 stars. How can that be when he is doing the same job for the team? Fair enough if I play a 5 foot 7 winger as a centre back but there has to be some logic and common sense to it.

2) Can we cut down on the amount of goals conceded either with the opponents first shot or highlight. I can be leading and dominating and then concede out of nowhere, my opponent will have a low xg and shot count - sure it happens sometimes but no as often as happens in the game. I have no problem if they have the highlights or I do not heed a warning. Hopefully the news engine will have a better highlights routine.

I may get a stoning for this, but I imagine using a LLM (both for questions and answers) for press conferences and any hooman interactions could improve them massively.

I would like more simplified UX. It's more about removing, rather than adding extra.

SCOUTING

1. Scouting Opp. Reports + Staff Responsibilities + Scouting Coverage / Match & Team Analysis

Those complex UX should need to be simplified for sure. Now you can choose via:

Staff > Responsibilities > Scouting > Scouting Opp. Reports

Screenshot_1.png.f374e0ad29e6281f0df6140696bef694.png

And via Scouting > Scouting Coverage > Match & Team Analysis

Screenshot_2.png.def4bf9d768c3203b94e8d57d90b0b3e.png

Those two things, it's the same. It can be only one option. If you mix with different person, interesting things happen; and especially for newcomers looks very complex (and agree with them).

====

2. Staff + Responsibilities + Scouting + Scouting Center + Recruitment Actions

Those ones, are way too complex and unnecessary to be like this.

Staff > Responsibilities > Scouting > When you scout a player, watch him: [drop down menu]

Screenshot_5.png.85d12dc81cafd6d3a4a8c29b9116f0ee.png

And via Preferences icon in Scouting > Scouting Center > Preferences Icon > Recruitment Actions

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.ed7f5b6caf10992fb99d45273b547ffb.png

Screenshot_4.png.9c577457e0ec62b4779a2b4cf8fff1bf.png

Those can be merged in one place. Either in Scouting or in Staff Responsibilities.

====

TRAINING

1. Create a Training Schedule

Extra steps creates problems and it is complex. For now, in order to create a training schedule you have to do:

Training > Schedules > Create a New Schedule > Choose Your Schedules > Confirm > Save As > Save

Screenshot_6.png.e895986b970e3d590226810beb09eadc.png

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.17135d99ca92d8dea566788b6f4cd1a4.png

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.93afa108cbfb9ca3821c001e3ca4356b.png

Here the important thing: If you don't click Save as a very last step, every time you reload the savegame, your training will not appear.

This, can simplified by: Training > Schedules > Create a New Schedule > Choose the schedules > Save (or Export).

The very case scenario is when you Load training schedules.

====

Scouting and Training is some examples what steps to remove and it can be more simplified. I am expecting a new UI interface for FM25 of course (?). Simplicity in UX is key point to any game, any app, any software based system.

====

Regarding adding:

TACTICAL - Pressing Traps in Different Zones

- The ability to say in your team in which part of the field they need to press more or less. For example, Press More Often in Zone 10, 13, 11 and Press Less Often in 12, 15 since there is no danger from there (as an example).

On 21/03/2024 at 06:39, SimonHoddle said:

Is that a fact? I would have thought, considering the game production has been running separately from the current version, there should be an earlier release. They’ve been working on it for years. The optimal release date would surely be September, just after European league kick off.

FM, however, doesn't solely have the European leagues, and have a lot more national leagues and international/continental competitions to take into account than the likes of FIFA.

6 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

FM, however, doesn't solely have the European leagues, and have a lot more national leagues and international/continental competitions to take into account than the likes of FIFA.

In addition to this practical point, the idea that a release with a brand new engine would come earlier than usual because "they've been working on it longer" is so wonderfully, delightfully naive and sweet that I almost don't want to be the person to tell that poster what the real world is actually like.

21 hours ago, scythian12 said:

I may get a stoning for this, but I imagine using a LLM (both for questions and answers) for press conferences and any hooman interactions could improve them massively.

I am as sure as I can be with zero inside knowledge that SI are hoping something AI-ish will enable them to solve the press conference & player interaction problem, rather than putting hundreds or even thousands of hours into re-writing it with people power.

14 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

I would like more simplified UX. It's more about removing, rather than adding extra.

SCOUTING

1. Scouting Opp. Reports + Staff Responsibilities + Scouting Coverage / Match & Team Analysis

Those complex UX should need to be simplified for sure. Now you can choose via:

Staff > Responsibilities > Scouting > Scouting Opp. Reports

Screenshot_1.png.f374e0ad29e6281f0df6140696bef694.png

And via Scouting > Scouting Coverage > Match & Team Analysis

Screenshot_2.png.def4bf9d768c3203b94e8d57d90b0b3e.png

Those two things, it's the same. It can be only one option. If you mix with different person, interesting things happen; and especially for newcomers looks very complex (and agree with them).

====

2. Staff + Responsibilities + Scouting + Scouting Center + Recruitment Actions

Those ones, are way too complex and unnecessary to be like this.

Staff > Responsibilities > Scouting > When you scout a player, watch him: [drop down menu]

Screenshot_5.png.85d12dc81cafd6d3a4a8c29b9116f0ee.png

And via Preferences icon in Scouting > Scouting Center > Preferences Icon > Recruitment Actions

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.ed7f5b6caf10992fb99d45273b547ffb.png

Screenshot_4.png.9c577457e0ec62b4779a2b4cf8fff1bf.png

Those can be merged in one place. Either in Scouting or in Staff Responsibilities.

====

TRAINING

1. Create a Training Schedule

Extra steps creates problems and it is complex. For now, in order to create a training schedule you have to do:

Training > Schedules > Create a New Schedule > Choose Your Schedules > Confirm > Save As > Save

Screenshot_6.png.e895986b970e3d590226810beb09eadc.png

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.17135d99ca92d8dea566788b6f4cd1a4.png

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.93afa108cbfb9ca3821c001e3ca4356b.png

Here the important thing: If you don't click Save as a very last step, every time you reload the savegame, your training will not appear.

This, can simplified by: Training > Schedules > Create a New Schedule > Choose the schedules > Save (or Export).

The very case scenario is when you Load training schedules.

====

Scouting and Training is some examples what steps to remove and it can be more simplified. I am expecting a new UI interface for FM25 of course (?). Simplicity in UX is key point to any game, any app, any software based system.

====

Regarding adding:

TACTICAL - Pressing Traps in Different Zones

- The ability to say in your team in which part of the field they need to press more or less. For example, Press More Often in Zone 10, 13, 11 and Press Less Often in 12, 15 since there is no danger from there (as an example).

Great stuff. Fun fact: I'm thousands of hours deep in FM and your post here is how I learned about the secondary options screens in your first two examples :lol:!

4 hours ago, XaW said:

...but remember to post in there too if you want to see it in the game.

That's a bit against the rules, isn't it? A lot of these issues have been discussed in Requests also before.

My suggestion is that ASAP there should be a topic for FM25. In that topic SI would keep a list for things that will and won't change, and of course a list for decent suggestions. And there SI SHOULD give us reasons WHY those decisions are made...

For each own issue there should a also own topic, and info on how that topic works. Like, not comments like "I don't like...", but suggestions with (a lot of) pros and cons. At least, IMO, there shouldn't be any issue with only positive effect - that would be too easy.

It should be remembered that everybody in SI are trying to sell us this product. SI has been too silent in the past. Many times things 'will be considered", but then nothing.

What about the game mechanics?

If there is anything that "everybody" understands it's not working or is annoying, then it should be changed.

For instance, there are many players using different filters and views, and still there isn't a way to filter only  compatible files there.

Modding.

I think that this is important (and will be even more important sector in the future of gaming) how to LET games to be self-improved (or, modder-improved).

Almost everything should be able to be changed or tweaked. You all know skins, and they are great. If you don't want to see attributes in numbers, so... just find a skin that does that.

We (or modders) should also be able to see, understand and change those mathematical formulas within ME - someone will find better way to implement comprehensive way to defend...

Modding graphics

What can modders do in FM25? Will kits use the same file formats? What about balls, stadiums, aso.?

One little fact from real life. In FA Cup non-league Marine played against Tottenham in January -21. Go to YouTube and see yourselves how big stadium it was... Can we find that kind of a stadium from FM? From FM25?

Changes into the game database and modding

It's annoying that with a new database version, you should try to find all new compatible versions of used league mods. Why - there's hardly any changes in those league rules???

Also, there is no way to have a mod-to-mod dependency. (Because of how UID's are determined.) More user enhanced stuff like graphics could be done, if...

Difficulty levels. I think that this game needs them.

- For someone starting his (her) years with FM, the game shouldn't be TOO hard or complicated. I think that good level is a bit like 'vanilla' today.

- Closest possible to simulation. Like, DEVs should make simulation runs and compare those results with the real football world.

Time after time there are discussions that some tactic is too powerful, or fatigue isn't taken account on enough, but these could be simulated and results published.

- HardCore. Little tweaks to make it a little bit harder. Players get fatigued sooner and it affects more, players and staff want more money, players are more reluctant to come into your team, aso. These could be in Options.

The game itself and its decision-making

-Stupid things should vanish. Like in player and staff and the Board interactions. Less is better than chaos, but also lacking possibilities for questions for the Board and answers for everybody is bad.

- Logic in some cases. I don't remember exactly what happened then, but... one of my players said that "he would leave, if team doesn't get... better..." and he did leave. At that time he left we had one better contract made and making one more, but it wasn't enough!

NO, NO, NO! In game's logic those days (that players were asked to come into try-outs, contracts were suggested, aso.) were so mixed up that logic just wasn't good enough. And, my guess is, that logic wasn't made to compare correct "starting point" to the "end-point". And so the wrong result.

- All those staff reports aso. There should be a "filter" that blocks all that "is not that important". Like, a Head Physio could come and tell that we have too many injuries. That is a fact that can be calculated from the data. So, in a way it is an alarm, and its limit could be pre-determined (cuts off minor things).

- Players in positions. Let's say that we have a game coming with ONLY one recovering left FB with possible new injury waiting OR left midfielder with only decent defending skills. Here coaches could point this out - we are lacking suitable left FB's. A bit like it's calculated in Squad planner - and meaning a problem for the Manager.

- With Traits it might be more complicated. Like, a player that can't dribble past opponent WITH ball can be suggested to try to "knock ball past opponent". But, if coaches find out that it didn't work, they could suggest to unlearn that first and THEN also to learn to "run with the ball rarely".

The logic here: coaches try to make this player a better one. If it fails, the actual problem should STILL be prevented by doing the opposite thing (= prevent losing ball by dribbling a lot). Here, leaving player's dribbling untouched would be the worst thing! His dribbling skill level is just too low for this tier.

On the other hand, if these staff members are suggesting something back and forth, then it's a problem in FM.

Amount of players in the database

I hate those greyed out players. What you can do with them? Those are players in your team, because you don't have players...???

Solution: when a (human) player starts a new save, there has to be done some calculations for every country (or leagues there). If there are NOT enough players for all those leagues in the database, then FM should warn about that.

Then this (human) player can choose less leagues or accept that ALSO fake players WILL BE used. Here it must be emphasized that there MUST also be unemployed players in database for these leagues. For obvious reasons.

Attributes vs. ratings with stars

This is a tough one. Should we have them both? As always, should we ask opinions, make a list of pros and cons, and then... make a decision.

Should we have a easier-to-play version or closer-to-real-world version? I mean, it is easy to give an exact attribute value for speed or acceleration, but what about skills like understanding football.

Could five or seven stars system be better? In words something like (7 levels):  belongs into lower tier - decent - OK - average - good - excellent - belongs into higher tier         FYI: I use 7 stars here just, because half and one stars and seven stars mean out of this league tier. It could also be 5 stars.

Would this use of stars make things easier to be focused on right things? Also reports would be clear, "He's quite good." would mean four and a half stars (4,5/7).

And, of course, players would still have their attributes to be used in the GE math...

Match ratings and that kind of stuff

How are those calculated? Is a player good when he playes better than his long time average, better than team's average, or what? There could be info on what these numbers mean...

There's a football story something like this: "A striker has 10 good scoring opportunities. 9 of them are miserable, but one is a beauty. GK has 10 times to make a save. 9 of them he makes with style, but one slips easily through his hands. Which one is the hero?" Notice (if you missed): that striker succeeds in 1/10, and GK in 9/10.

Are lack of skills, unhappy accidents and poor co-operation properly implemented?

I must admit that I haven't watched full GE games, but this question came to my mind. Are there enough moments where a pass is mistakenly played straight over the sideline, crossing flying over all the players, aso.? And does the attribute level show up there? Lower skills means more mistakes.

Last but not least - there are us that want to play lower leagues

There are many things in FM that don't seem to fit into lower leagues, but no updates...

You have a scouting budget about 10K, but you don't have money for anything else - not for your (Manager's) wage, not for courses, aso.

It would be easy to "invent" new fund-raising event into Training schedule, and even 1000 Euros or Pounds would be a lot of money for a team with no money...

One big issue is too easy "set of rules" - a bit like the LLaMa way. Sometimes you can get a Championship player to sign as non-contract, although your team plays in 8.-10. tier. It could happen in a football GAME, but NOT in a SIMULATION. Which one is this? Or, could this be both?

My two most worrying things are lower leagues and whether players'  fatigue levels affect enough in GE.

Thanks. And sorry for this too long comment.

5 hours ago, rristola said:

That's a bit against the rules, isn't it? A lot of these issues have been discussed in Requests also before.

Nah, posting in GD thread discussing it and also posting in the requests section is fine.

And if they have been posted before, that's also fine. No one expects people to read through all posts in there to see if their idea has been posted before. If it has, SI just adds to the already existing idea pool.

No one should think posting suggestions in there has much limitation at all.

Every year when FM Manager comes out I have to go into editor mess about find the remove brexit option before I even think about playing the game. 

why not do us all a favour and stick the option to turn it off under my preferences? 

40 minutes ago, EvilWolf1980 said:

I have to go into editor mess about find the remove brexit option before I even think about playing the game

This is one issue that could be asked from us, players. If there are enough players wanting Brexit to be "off", then that should be transferred into normal Options.