[FM24][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

snowofman

We do one every year, and people seem to be starting pretty early this year, so feel free to showcase your skin for feedback, help or just to show off your work!

Same rules as last year.

Rules:

1. This thread serves it's purpose to inspire other skinmakers and/or show off your hard work, not the skin that you're currently using. If you're using another skin as a base, please credit and link the skin.
  2. Please specify whether you want to release the skin or not. This will prevent a million questions like last year. If the creator isn't planning on releasing, don't ask.
  3. Be respectful.
  4. Don't ask if Creator is releasing the skin, it doesn't serve the purpose of the thread and can get annoying for people who don't want to share.

Previous Editions:

2018 & 2019 Show your Skin

[FM20][SKIN] Show your Skin and inspire

[FM21][SKIN] Show your Skin and inspire

[FM22][SKIN] The Annual Show your Skin thread

[FM23][SKIN] The Annual show your Skin thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearing completion on my Statman skin, which, for this year, encompasses a 'three screen profile' essentially. It's designed to de-clutter one main page and make it easy to switch between the three. There are subtle differences between this panel and what you can see on a non-human owned player, but I've not built a completely different panel this year.

331aa71d70b1f23297b1ab2a2d31c264.png

370da6672696f59291e647e1c02e9f71.png

f07905b3aa49aadc7f7cbb3837a58840.png

Calling this my skin would be extremely generous as it's essentially bastardised panels from people who are actually good at skinning! Still, relatively happy with how it came out, tried to keep some of the feel of the FM24 base skin as didn't actually think it was terrible this year, some examples below, happy skinning everyone ;)

image.thumb.png.bebb9cef9d000f75c9ee2a8355b0bfb6.png

image.thumb.png.dee973fa7c7007acbfa4542c10741ed8.png

image.thumb.png.0bda78ec0b25b52e55e19334efa0bf28.png

8 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Nearing completion on my Statman skin, which, for this year, encompasses a 'three screen profile' essentially. It's designed to de-clutter one main page and make it easy to switch between the three. There are subtle differences between this panel and what you can see on a non-human owned player, but I've not built a completely different panel this year.

331aa71d70b1f23297b1ab2a2d31c264.png

370da6672696f59291e647e1c02e9f71.png

f07905b3aa49aadc7f7cbb3837a58840.png

amazing work as always cant wait 

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Remember it's always good curtecy to ask the creators of the panels you take. if it's okay to use and share.

Sadly, this appears to be happening less and less at the moment. I've downloaded several of the new skins available for FM24  and they all have panels that have been taken with no consent from myself.

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Sadly, this appears to be happening less and less at the moment. I've downloaded several of the new skins available for FM24  and they all have panels that have been taken with no consent from myself.

I know, sadly not much we can do about it other then keep hoping and encourage ppl to do it.

It's a really difficult subject like each others we use or reuse other stuff sometimes with modification, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure at least one time every skinmaker did it maybe only once. 

the best pratice should be assume it and trying to manage the situation in asking at least.

Myself i assume i probably not asked to every single guys involved. I figure out at least credits all people i can trace.  In an other hand, last year during FM23 session i created some assets and @TCSSkinor @GIMNcan confirm :D and i saw those in some creation and i think only 2 guys talk to me to reused them :D  The big majority don't even credit me :mad:

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

yup. Nothing we can do either apart from obscufate files which isn't fair on the people who do it properly

hace 4 minutos, TCSSkin dijo:

yup. Nothing we can do either apart from obscufate files which isn't fair on the people who do it properly

I find this so upsetting. We have so many great skinners that provide such a great way to experience the game. The least folks could do is 1) ask for permission and/or 2) give the necessary credits for showing and presenting others work as their own....There has to be a way to establish ownership of panels, designs, etc.

8 minutes ago, silentjay said:

I find this so upsetting. We have so many great skinners that provide such a great way to experience the game. The least folks could do is 1) ask for permission and/or 2) give the necessary credits for showing and presenting others work as their own....There has to be a way to establish ownership of panels, designs, etc.

It's stuff like this that pushes people away, but people don't care. We're lucky we've had the likes of @Grootinho, @GIMN and @_Ben_ step up cause we'd be screwed otherwise

hace 9 minutos, TCSSkin dijo:

It's stuff like this that pushes people away, but people don't care. We're lucky we've had the likes of @Grootinho, @GIMN and @_Ben_ step up cause we'd be screwed otherwise

This may seem harsh, but perhaps, to keep the integrity of the work many are doing, establish a code of honor, that if not upheld, could lead to bans? I don't mean to sound severe, but we have respect and appreciate the hard work of so many.

do you really think that community site/forum will ban someone to not credit others ? 

Mate unfortunately those site made views and click with thoses contents. Seems more a generational issue, here we talk about skin but you can expand on other way. Take some streamers, they are more and more to offers lists, challenges and a whole host of content. How much of this content is really theirs? 

Let's also talk about those who ask for a donation to be in partnership with them, and who force certain creators to stay with their content? 

Imagine a guy who makes logos asking streamers for donations to give them early and privileged access, and in return, he responds to the requests. And all this for licensed content! And a license he doesn't even own.

Today, it's all about business and visibility, and respect is no longer people's priority.

32 minutes ago, silentjay said:

This may seem harsh, but perhaps, to keep the integrity of the work many are doing, establish a code of honor, that if not upheld, could lead to bans? I don't mean to sound severe, but we have respect and appreciate the hard work of so many.

it might work here, sure. FMScout/Susie and the rest won't uphold to this so we'd be pushing people away from here.

Plus it's something I'd also need to discuss with SI/Sega and so on, and it becomes a very murky issue, so all we can do is grit out teeth and hope people do better in the future.

hace 32 minutos, Grootinho dijo:

do you really think that community site/forum will ban someone to not credit others ? 

Mate unfortunately those site made views and click with thoses contents. Seems more a generational issue, here we talk about skin but you can expand on other way. Take some streamers, they are more and more to offers lists, challenges and a whole host of content. How much of this content is really theirs? 

Let's also talk about those who ask for a donation to be in partnership with them, and who force certain creators to stay with their content? 

Imagine a guy who makes logos asking streamers for donations to give them early and privileged access, and in return, he responds to the requests. And all this for licensed content! And a license he doesn't even own.

Today, it's all about business and visibility, and respect is no longer people's priority.

I understand this, for sure, but we've seen plenty of the bigger streamers giving credit to the resources they use in their streams. Whether it's s views, filters, kits, logos, skins, etc. At the end of the day, we have to start somewhere. It could indeed be a generational issue, but I think you can work on your brand while including others in yout success.

il y a 26 minutes, silentjay a dit :

It could indeed be a generational issue, but I think you can work on your brand while including others in yout success.

i'm with you, personnally i always try to mention or credits a guy who inspire or where i pick a thing if it happen. It's a basis for me :)

12 minutes ago, bahmet said:

3 options:
1. Go to Patreon.

Please DO NOT ask money for skins. It's a scummy move for an IP and license you DO NOT own. The moment someone does that they lose all respect I ever had and I will take every opportunity to bash that person.

20 minutes ago, bahmet said:

3 options:
1. Go to Patreon.
2. Do not release skins.
3. Stop worrying and just do what you like.

4 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Please DO NOT ask money for skins. It's a scummy move for an IP and license you DO NOT own. The moment someone does that they lose all respect I ever had and I will take every opportunity to bash that person.

to add into what -jef- is saying, it's illegal. We're USING SI's framework, we don't own it, we don't own anything we create. It's firmly written out in the guidelines that are stickied that paid content is prohibited from being discussed here. 

The ideal choice would be to be able to password protect stuff, and if people want to look they can ask for the password, but that has its own drawbacks which are for another thread 

I know we talked about this topic here a couple of times in the past. It was also one of the main reasons why I didn't share my FM23 custom skin publicly. It's frustrating, but as was already said, we can do nothing about it. 

I like many things in many other skins but not many things in full. I like to do simple things within the files I'm using and within files I took from other skins. Someone wrote here and here that he can't credit the author of the widgets/panels/files because he forgot where he takes it from. That's just laziness in my eyes. It can be straightforward, and that's why I'm doing this... 

I know 9 of 10 people don't care about the files and what's in them. But I, at least, at least I have a clear conscience if some other skin creators open the files. 

image.thumb.png.db50242dbb4f97c0c3c159e8ce483280.png

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

If TCS demanded I called it the TCS Pizza Chart, that would be

do it or you're getting 50 points and your account banned

nah, you're spot on with pretty much everything. Admittedly, i need to update my credits, was in a rush to get 1.0 out and it's slipped my mind since

5 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

do it or you're getting 50 points and your account banned

nah, you're spot on with pretty much everything. Admittedly, i need to update my credits, was in a rush to get 1.0 out and it's slipped my mind since

That's alright, I'll just stick to Twitter.  That's an entirely stable platform that is definitely going to be around forever and is really easy to check back through old comments on.

21 minutos atrás, drew_3 disse:

On the tactics screen the three tabs underneath the pitch what are they and how did you get them there?

You need to have in the tactics/overview side panel the container class="tactics_recent_match_analysis_panel" and them in match/tactics recent match analysis is the file with that 3 tabs information

Edited by GnuGoku