[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

We do one every year, and people seem to be starting pretty early this year, so feel free to showcase your skin for feedback, help or just to show off your work!

Same rules as last year.

Rules:

This thread serves it's purpose to inspire other skinmakers and/or show off your hard work, not the skin that you're currently using. If you're using another skin as a base, please credit and link the skin.

Please specify whether you want to release the skin or not. This will prevent a million questions like last year. If the creator isn't planning on releasing, don't ask.

Be respectful.

Previous Editions:

2018 & 2019 Show your Skin

[FM20][SKIN] Show your Skin and Inspire

[FM21][SKIN] Show your Skin and Inspire

[FM22][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let me start off first. 

Continuing from the last year's version, it's still the same general idea when it comes to the layout. There probably still are a lot of things I want to change and fix.
I have to say, I really like the header part from this year's default version, so I'm definitely keeping it.

I'm not sure if I'm going to release a skin this year, for a few reasons. 

spacer.png

Btw, does anyone know if you can resize the data-hub analysis thing? I've barely got it to work, so it fits the entire width of the panel, while being able to scroll down.

What I want to do is make it so that a single graph/pie-chart occupies the entire height. The entire thing works really weird, and it's easy to mess it up so it doesn't work at all.

spacer.png

Edited by (sic)

13 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Only really work the framework and top boxes so far.

Capture.thumb.PNG.3081ab68c24c478ce60faf3b5ed56034.PNG20221023131621_1.thumb.jpg.16591dfa827f55fc6343eb0e18dac1db.jpg

and made a starless/attributeless skin for others.

FfinnynWIBMjukS.thumb.jpg.1d91d27fdf2717cf49110d87cd2d0437.jpg

Hi,

I would like to add you player analytics to the baser FM skin and keep everything else.

What panel would i look for?

Thanks

<widget class="data_hub_player_analytics_panel" id="tab5" late_loading="true"  file="data_hub/data hub player analytics panel" dont_set_embedded_title="true">
                            <translation id="title" type="use" value="Data Hub" />
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                        </widget>

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

<widget class="data_hub_player_analytics_panel" id="tab5" late_loading="true"  file="data_hub/data hub player analytics panel" dont_set_embedded_title="true">
                            <translation id="title" type="use" value="Data Hub" />
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                        </widget>

Ah sorry completely newbie to this. Guessing its complicated?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Building on my desire to get away from numeric attributes, and maintain a sparse approach to presenting information (because I get easily overwhelmed), I've made a very modest start to this year's skin:

image.thumb.png.3451d8eea4c6b838da816cbab3729a0a.png

Wow this would be so popular if it was released!

2 minutes ago, karlcole said:

oh... light theme  :)
it`s absolutely own or based in baselight22?
are many pages left with white text on a light background?
is the white text on the Code of Conduct page still "hardcoded"?

maybe at the end of the week I will start to adapt my light fm22 theme to fm23 :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, karlcole said:

I'll have to see how it goes - as I'm building for myself (hence no attributes) I can make do with things not being perfect, and public release would mean a lot of extra effort.

25 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

oh... light theme  :)
it`s absolutely own or based in baselight22?
are many pages left with white text on a light background?
is the white text on the Code of Conduct page still "hardcoded"?

maybe at the end of the week I will start to adapt my light fm22 theme to fm23 :rolleyes:

Yes, from baselight 22 - although I'm only really using that for the fonts, classes, etc... - my intention is to build all the panels from scratch/from stuff I did in FM21 & FM22.

As said, I've only just started, so technically every other page is left!  No ideas on the CoC or anywhere else, yet.

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

• Shirt & Number on profile screen:

image.thumb.png.830a95e142c95f2b780d67cac15eace1.png

I like the shirt and number on the profile screen. Can you please share the file or code to add to the base skin? Also, I'd like to remove the player picture and just have the shirt with number instead. Which code would I have to delete if you do share the xml file? Thanks 

23 minutes ago, yonko said:

I like the shirt and number on the profile screen. Can you please share the file or code to add to the base skin? Also, I'd like to remove the player picture and just have the shirt with number instead. Which code would I have to delete if you do share the xml file? Thanks 

Sure, see attached - download and rename to: player personal details panel.xml

Location is here;

/Users/NAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/skins/fm23BaseTrans/panels/player/player personal details panel.xml

I think removing this code removes the picture but you'd need to play around with the positioning:

<!-- Profile picture -->
                <widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="right">
                    <record id="object_property">
                        <list id="get_properties">
                            <!--Facegen data request-->
                            <record get_property="fcgn" />
                            <!--Fake name request-->
                            <record get_property="Pfke" />
                            <record get_property="prpc" set_property="valu" />
                        </list>
                    </record>
                </widget>   

player personal details panel.xml

Edited by stevemc

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

Sure, see attached - download and rename to: player personal details panel.xml

Location is here;

/Users/NAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/skins/fm23BaseTrans/panels/player/player personal details panel.xml

I think removing this code removes the picture but you'd need to play around with the positioning:

player personal details panel.xml 10.67 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for sharing the file. I'm guessing you mean I have to play around with the positioning of the kit after I remove the player picture code. 

<!-- CONTAINER HOLDING KIT AND PLAYER PIC -->
                <container width="280">
                    <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_gap="50"/>

<container width="225">
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget id="bak1" class="kit_icon" image_alignment="left" width="250" kit_zoom_level="3" priority="1" late_loading="true">
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt"/>
                        </widget>

This is the code for the kit. Do you mean I have to edit the image_alignment="left" bit? Change it to "center"?

18 minutes ago, yonko said:

Thanks for sharing the file. I'm guessing you mean I have to play around with the positioning of the kit after I remove the player picture code. 

<!-- CONTAINER HOLDING KIT AND PLAYER PIC -->
                <container width="280">
                    <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_gap="50"/>

<container width="225">
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget id="bak1" class="kit_icon" image_alignment="left" width="250" kit_zoom_level="3" priority="1" late_loading="true">
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt"/>
                        </widget>

This is the code for the kit. Do you mean I have to edit the image_alignment="left" bit? Change it to "center"?

Sorry, this is the code you want to remove:

<!-- Profile picture -->
                <widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="right">
                            <!--Fake name request-->
                        </list>
                    </record>
                </widget>   

And yeah once you've done that, you'll need to play around to get the alignment you want.

55 minutes ago, stevemc said:

And yeah once you've done that, you'll need to play around to get the alignment you want.

Yes, I understand which code I need to remove to delete the player picture. But I copied the code for the kit to ask which bit I need to edit in order to reposition the kit as you mentioned. Thanks

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

I'll have to see how it goes - as I'm building for myself (hence no attributes) I can make do with things not being perfect, and public release would mean a lot of extra effort.

Yes, from baselight 22 - although I'm only really using that for the fonts, classes, etc... - my intention is to build all the panels from scratch/from stuff I did in FM21 & FM22.

As said, I've only just started, so technically every other page is left!  No ideas on the CoC or anywhere else, yet.

Very cool skin!  Totally different take.  I've used @stevemc skin for several years now and hope he'll be releasing his again this year, but I really hope you will  share yours in all its "imperfect" glory.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who would dig it.  So distinctive, clean and fresh.  

I really did say "woah" out loud as my eyes popped wide.  VERY COOL SKIN

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Hey, edited the file and portioned the kit how I want. However, some players' names don't fit inside the kit. Is there anything I can do fix it? How can I make the kit wider or the names smaller?

image.thumb.png.98da4a2901e92aa6df693edf35ca03b3.png

image.thumb.png.2fbb226da7e634007117efe60f89d126.png

4 minutes ago, yonko said:

Hey, edited the file and portioned the kit how I want. However, some players' names don't fit inside the kit. Is there anything I can do fix it? How can I make the kit wider or the names smaller?

image.thumb.png.98da4a2901e92aa6df693edf35ca03b3.png

image.thumb.png.2fbb226da7e634007117efe60f89d126.png

Take a look at this post, your answer should be there

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Progress is slow...probably not even 50% of the way through one page (player overview).

Performance Tab (Stats & Form)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.96ba67db3567c394f46a36c3f588718b.png

image.thumb.png.b968699608482b3bb5515150714af204.png

image.thumb.png.e5e6e72ce19d2794eb09a1474ba802ed.png

I'm happy with the form tab, but feel like the stats need something extra.  Maybe thinking of some colour coding similar to what's been done by _Ben_ & Keysi.  Would love to hear suggestions on how to jazz it up a bit more.

Reports (Training & Physio)

image.thumb.png.7210de245722208bd7e771a7158f300f.png

I'm happy with the reports section; just need to sort out disabling it for players I don't manage - as it can otherwise give you access to information we shouldn't really have, as can be seen above as I'm able to find out injury proneness on a player who isn't fully scouted.  Interestingly, I'm also able to see some training information, too - and every AI player has "Quickness" as an additional focus.  I don't know if this is accurate (or just a UI quirk), and I haven't checked at different times through the season to see if it's always Quickness, but maybe this could be the reason for the player development problem.

Unreal this!

3 hours ago, GIMN said:

Progress is slow...probably not even 50% of the way through one page (player overview).

Performance Tab (Stats & Form)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.96ba67db3567c394f46a36c3f588718b.png

image.thumb.png.b968699608482b3bb5515150714af204.png

I'm happy with the form tab, but feel like the stats need something extra.  Maybe thinking of some colour coding similar to what's been done by _Ben_ & Keysi.  Would love to hear suggestions on how to jazz it up a bit more.

I would surely keep the design of the boxes/stats as you have it now in these screens. I think it, at least in my eyes, it fits to the whole concept much better than if you would make it coloured in some way. I made it primary/secondary mainly because it's in combination with the dark or darker background (I like the default "bg" colour this year as it's not full black but it's dark enough for a lot of good combinations with yellow/orange/green etc.).

I would also make the size of the name in the personal details smaller as the name of the player is already in that screen in the title bar/header but that's a completely personal opinion/taste.

2 hours ago, Rivanov said:

My current skin. It's a combination of @bluestillidie00 WTCS5 skin as the base, with some panels from @FMEnhanced Zealand FM22 skin. I also changed some font colors myself, for my own liking. (Mainly changed Cyan to White).

SCR-20221025-cus.thumb.png.86b1ada0f18a7521d57b8c215dc2d74d.png

SCR-20221025-cuy.thumb.png.cbd635d7508fb7d74d19505f3181159e.png

SCR-20221025-cv1.thumb.png.3a0312d472fa69089284f38ec80d11d1.png

SCR-20221025-cv7.thumb.png.3971f84841964c4d640e51264cfea528.png

SCR-20221025-cv9.thumb.png.d58778f289fee4cfcba658734850ea62.png

SCR-20221025-cx2.thumb.png.40118df72b5861b8e028db4f25af6c19.png

SCR-20221025-cx7.thumb.jpeg.ce46486f8b625278331f35e76793a446.jpeg

Looks really good! Could you maybe share the files? Especially that nation screen looks great

2 hours ago, Rivanov said:

My current skin. It's a combination of @bluestillidie00 WTCS5 skin as the base, with some panels from @FMEnhanced Zealand FM22 skin. I also changed some font colors myself, for my own liking. (Mainly changed Cyan to White).

Hmm thank you for sharing. I wonder for this Club Picture Overview what specific settings you have that on the RESULTS/FIXTURES is it showing the STADIUM picture, instead of the LOGO of the team?

What I have now is the LOGO. Could you please tell me how to make it like in your picture?

Thank you in advance mate!

7 minutes ago, BlackS0ull said:

Hmm thank you for sharing. I wonder for this Club Picture Overview what specific settings you have that on the RESULTS/FIXTURES is it showing the STADIUM picture, instead of the LOGO of the team?

What I have now is the LOGO. Could you please tell me how to make it like in your picture?

It's just the default panel from WTCS5 Skin.

Didn't change anything. Maybe because I have the Stadium Pack installed, that it also uses those pictures in the fixtures panel? Does your Stadium picture in the middle of the screen work?

17 minutes ago, IamOverrated said:

Looks really good! Could you maybe share the files? Especially that nation screen looks great

I'm not sure if I'm allowed. Officially it's not my own skin ofcourse, because I'm using panels from several other skins.
Maybe @bluestillidie00 and @FMEnhanced can clarify whether or not I'm allowed to share it. :)

9 minutes ago, BlackS0ull said:

The stadium picture is the default for the @bluestillidie00skin. Did you add stadium pictures to your graphics folder?

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed. Officially it's not my own skin ofcourse, because I'm using panels from several other skins.
Maybe @bluestillidie00 and @FMEnhanced can clarify whether or not I'm allowed to share it. :)

1 hour ago, IamOverrated said:

The stadium picture is the default for the @bluestillidie00skin. Did you add stadium pictures to your graphics folder?

Thank you both of you. Actually I'm using Tato skin, as I like the match panels (during the match) more than on WTCS skin. I've switched to WTCS and yes is the default Club Overview panel, so I have also the stadium pictures instead of Logos. Now I have to figure my self how to put this into Tato skin. :) Maybe someone can help me out? Just drop the panel xml of Club Overview into Tato skin (but that is a FMF file) so it will not work. :D

23 hours ago, stevemc said:

My skin is basically just all the hard work by @bluestillidie00 on the Base23 Transparent Skin, with a few tweaks I like, and so I can show my backgrounds packs through them (still WIP):

• Stadiums on schedule screen:

image.thumb.png.23dfe840fbf86d2f3219fbde04317853.png

• Faces on tactics screen, team talks and subs bench

image.thumb.png.43476fa9f432856655ff37d4632167cd.png

image.thumb.png.f94d84c7635bfd96d52c2f1b758b90c5.png

image.png.73fa83391abefb6526aaa1381cf7cd3d.png

Plus font changes, colour changes and opacity for backgrounds to show through.

Any chance of me being able to download this on MAC/ PC ?? It looks phenomenal. 

3 hours ago, Rivanov said:

SCR-20221025-cus.thumb.png.86b1ada0f18a7521d57b8c215dc2d74d.png

SCR-20221025-cuy.thumb.png.cbd635d7508fb7d74d19505f3181159e.png

SCR-20221025-cv1.thumb.png.3a0312d472fa69089284f38ec80d11d1.png

SCR-20221025-cv9.thumb.png.d58778f289fee4cfcba658734850ea62.png

SCR-20221025-cx2.thumb.png.40118df72b5861b8e028db4f25af6c19.png

SCR-20221025-cx7.thumb.jpeg.ce46486f8b625278331f35e76793a446.jpeg

What's the easiest way to download skins and face packs on mac ?

4 hours ago, keysi said:

I would surely keep the design of the boxes/stats as you have it now in these screens. I think it, at least in my eyes, it fits to the whole concept much better than if you would make it coloured in some way. I made it primary/secondary mainly because it's in combination with the dark or darker background (I like the default "bg" colour this year as it's not full black but it's dark enough for a lot of good combinations with yellow/orange/green etc.).

I would also make the size of the name in the personal details smaller as the name of the player is already in that screen in the title bar/header but that's a completely personal opinion/taste.

Thank you - I think I just need to play around a little more with the layout.  Maybe moving the stat boxes central and then the "static" stats (appearances, minutes, etc...) to the right.  Also appreciate the thoughts on the name.  I have a different issue with it - the U appears to be larger than the other letters - and this is very noticeable at that size, so I'm definitely going to have a play around there.

3 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Thank you - I think I just need to play around a little more with the layout.  Maybe moving the stat boxes central and then the "static" stats (appearances, minutes, etc...) to the right.  Also appreciate the thoughts on the name.  I have a different issue with it - the U appears to be larger than the other letters - and this is very noticeable at that size, so I'm definitely going to have a play around there.

That thing with "U" will be probably related to the font, it's strange :) When I think about it, I can imagine the box without the name as the name is just a couple of pixels above it.

55 minutes ago, Pepito7 said:

Any chance of me being able to download this on MAC/ PC ?? It looks phenomenal. 

Every skin works on both PC and Mac.

And regarding your question of skins, facepacks, kits etc. Just download them from the various websites such as fmscout.com, sortitoutsit.net etc.
And place all the facepacks, kits, logo's etc in this folder:

/username/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/Graphics

Create the grahics folder I you haven't done this already

For the skin there is a separate skin folder in the location mentioned above

19 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Every skin works on both PC and Mac.

And regarding your question of skins, facepacks, kits etc. Just download them from the various websites such as fmscout.com, sortitoutsit.net etc.
And place all the facepacks, kits, logo's etc in this folder:

/username/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/Graphics

Create the grahics folder I you haven't done this already

For the skin there is a separate skin folder in the location mentioned above

Any special way for Mac tp download and install onto the game ? 

Edited by Pepito7

37 minutes ago, Pepito7 said:

Any special way for Mac tp download and install onto the game ? 

No. Just put the files in that folder. Launch game. Clear Cache from within FM's preferences. Reload skin. Done.

2 hours ago, keysi said:

That thing with "U" will be probably related to the font, it's strange :) When I think about it, I can imagine the box without the name as the name is just a couple of pixels above it.

Yeah, almost certainly the font - just seems so odd as I wouldn't expect it from the default font!  An amateur, custom-made font, sure - but not a proper one.

I've been back and forth about the name a lot.  I like the idea of the name being big and bold, and that helps funnel you down into the main dashboard - I want to keep the top left sparse as that's where your eyes naturally land, and if it's dense in information it can distract you (well, me) from what I actually needed from the profile.  But the player search bar makes it completely redundant.  The logical choice would be to just find something else to put there or reconsider the layout.  But, no.  I'm going to blame the search bar instead for ruining my plans!

23 hours ago, GIMN said:

Building on my desire to get away from numeric attributes, and maintain a sparse approach to presenting information (because I get easily overwhelmed), I've made a very modest start to this year's skin:

image.thumb.png.3451d8eea4c6b838da816cbab3729a0a.png

This is as unique a look as I’ve ever seen for FM. I think it’s beautiful. Great work!

18 hours ago, keysi said:

I should've just listened to you from the off.  Name removed, and I'm much happier with it.  Ended up colour coding the stats (attacking, defensive, miscellaneous) and fleshing out use of an extra blue into the theme.  Made slight adjustments to the colour ranges, too.  Dynamics tab has been removed and morale moved into the Reports tab (might need to be renamed "Backroom" or something similar).

image.gif.71389cfdd0b1bf0d3a59a15c500ea9a4.gif

For players I don't manage, the backroom reports have been hidden, the coach report is replaced by the scout report (if scouted) or career milestones (not scouted), and the visualiser is replaced with general transfer value and transfer actions button (scout, make an offer, etc...).

Now just to do every other screen in the game.  Fingers crossed, I might be finished in time for FM24!

15 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I should've just listened to you from the off.  Name removed, and I'm much happier with it.  Ended up colour coding the stats (attacking, defensive, miscellaneous) and fleshing out use of an extra blue into the theme.  Made slight adjustments to the colour ranges, too.  Dynamics tab has been removed and morale moved into the Reports tab (might need to be renamed "Backroom" or something similar).

image.gif.71389cfdd0b1bf0d3a59a15c500ea9a4.gif

For players I don't manage, the backroom reports have been hidden, the coach report is replaced by the scout report (if scouted) or career milestones (not scouted), and the visualiser is replaced with general transfer value and transfer actions button (scout, make an offer, etc...).

Now just to do every other screen in the game.  Fingers crossed, I might be finished in time for FM24!

You should realise release this even Behind a paywall I’m sure people would use it

3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

3 questions, what code i need to add to my skin in order to that :

1 - to see the pictures in the team talk

image.thumb.png.853e3ab7337b37f503b851a527c572ef.png

2 - To see the pictures in the side bars

image.thumb.png.939bd5d4b8d5ccc47dd2c677cae24e73.png

3 - Option to add those bottoms 

image.thumb.png.212cd3934f9969d42797b8b0ad23d653.png

1. You need to edit the match team talk person info panel.xml if you want to add the player pictures or edits the backgrounds etc. You have to add the code for the player picture and this edited file has to be in skin/panels/match

<!-- Profile picture -->
<widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre_x">
	<!--Fake name request-->
	</list>
	</record>
</widget>

2. You need to edit the match players bar widget.xml from panels/widgets

3. match console panel.xml and match console quick tactics panel.xml

4 minutes ago, keysi said:

1. You need to edit the match team talk person info panel.xml if you want to add the player pictures or edits the backgrounds etc. You have to add the code for the player picture and this edited file has to be in skin/panels/match

<!-- Profile picture -->
<widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre_x">
	<!--Fake name request-->
	</list>
	</record>
</widget>

2. You need to edit the match players bar widget.xml from panels/widgets

3. match console panel.xml and match console quick tactics panel.xml

Thanks first 1-2 works for me

Any idea which code i need to put in order to add those?

image.thumb.png.212cd3934f9969d42797b8b0ad23d653.png

On 24/10/2022 at 12:55, stevemc said:

My skin is basically just all the hard work by @bluestillidie00 on the Base23 Transparent Skin, with a few tweaks I like, and so I can show my backgrounds packs through them (still WIP):

• Stadiums on schedule screen:

image.thumb.png.23dfe840fbf86d2f3219fbde04317853.png

• Faces on tactics screen, team talks and subs bench

image.thumb.png.43476fa9f432856655ff37d4632167cd.png

image.thumb.png.f94d84c7635bfd96d52c2f1b758b90c5.png

image.png.73fa83391abefb6526aaa1381cf7cd3d.png

Plus font changes, colour changes and opacity for backgrounds to show through.

Did you have to do anything to the transparent base skin to support background images or does it natively support them?

On 24/10/2022 at 15:08, wkdsoul said:

Only really work the framework and top boxes so far.

Capture.thumb.PNG.3081ab68c24c478ce60faf3b5ed56034.PNG20221023131621_1.thumb.jpg.16591dfa827f55fc6343eb0e18dac1db.jpg

and made a starless/attributeless skin for others.

FfinnynWIBMjukS.thumb.jpg.1d91d27fdf2717cf49110d87cd2d0437.jpg

Mate! That starless/attributeless skin is something else!! I really hope you are planning on releasing it??