[FM24][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

snowofman

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2023 at 20:18, TCSSkin said:

I've added a new rule to the original post.

Don't ask if Creator is releasing the skin. It isn't the purpose of this thread and can get annoying for people who don't want to release it.

NOTE FOR CREATORS: Please specify whether you plan to release or not, for your own sanity

And please. unless the Creator asks for feedback. try and hold your opinion inside :)  

Scouting knowledge added to both the club and home page making, thoughts being when you look at the job you're applying for in game it's nice to get a feel on where the knowledge is strong. and also to have it graphically in your face with the club screen also telling you who the knowledge is coming from. Nothing revolutionary  

20231126113826_1.jpg

20231126113748_1.jpg

20231126114329_1.jpg

On 14/11/2023 at 18:44, johnwalker said:

My latest little "save the clicks" project has been to add the Manager's tactical style and tendencies to the next opponent overview screen. On FM 23 I would use that screen and then click into the Manager Profile screen for that added detail. I also decided to move where the next opponent section sits to the tactics screen to "save the clicks".

Again nothing revolutionary or special but works for me.

image.thumb.png.2aded62a17a46f6790af15566b73c07b.png

Today involved spending a bit (lot) of time figuring out Gimp so I could recolor the default game background image. I like the detail in the image, but the purple really didn't suit the colour scheme I have developed, happy with the end result :) 

image.thumb.png.b2c3a6afacf163888a5876acf584b3a1.png

Some screenshots of my skin, added squad depth panels from previous versions into the squad planner section (created a separate button in the bar, the info now more in-depth compared to the standard panel), also added tabbed containers in player and non-player pop up panels, lots of (bigger) player faces in various screens. 

Screenshot(133).png.b01c3c3abdf7489b4f627610676e0e1b.pngScreenshot(132).png.b9517feb8badf060edeb5a8f2ff6d84e.pngScreenshot(131).png.130aa004b55ff1c421dd6dd22a093974.pngScreenshot(122).png.deabe36967ed6022002db31d46344f23.pngScreenshot(113).png.0b673b5207c0d87f5b22437ff6a6e77c.pngScreenshot(109).png.4606f00c5357de3cda971cd08122b837.pngScreenshot(90).png.e7ba4fbb76b38569ee6171e401509b59.pngScreenshot(92).png.107036b50b28fb4f8b4773c6da159940.pngScreenshot(134).png.b049a63f54141bf376144ddcf0edbfc4.pngScreenshot(138).png.cfdb32e9d9461131a0197b329942dc8b.png

Don't ask if Creator is releasing the skin. It isn't the purpose of this thread and can get annoying for people who don't want to release it.

NOTE FOR CREATORS: Please specify whether you plan to release or not, for your own sanity

And please. unless the Creator asks for feedback. try and hold your opinion inside :) 

10 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Personal skin that I've been working on, no working name as of now. The plan with the skin is to basically make a modular, adjustable skin that adapts to all resolutions, but troubles with that has halted the release of the project and I just don't find it fun. At this point in time, the skin would look like crap on anything less than 1440p so that's put a big dampner on it. Credits to @GIMN, @Wozzie, @Grootinho, @keysi, @snowofman 

Still undecided whether I will release as it takes heavily from other skins.

image.thumb.png.a67dd2c2066c2fb6f096ffe3bf4f96fc.png  image.thumb.png.5796f1e1b4076af1075b652884b68883.png  image.thumb.png.ac591592eaeb9f4df05113d3e2b5cfc1.png  image.thumb.png.0e0e06bef798b96cc08a2ee18212a6e1.png  image.thumb.png.fe82fede68fafaf52ddee8604e3fec6a.png image.thumb.png.c678626701a162903d46dca1f64d06b0.png image.thumb.png.05b039695569bdc811fdd018e4216151.png

Wonderful work, not a fan of attributeless skins but all the panels are made very good.

14 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Personal skin that I've been working on, no working name as of now. The plan with the skin is to basically make a modular, adjustable skin that adapts to all resolutions, but troubles with that has halted the release of the project and I just don't find it fun. At this point in time, the skin would look like crap on anything less than 1440p so that's put a big dampner on it. Credits to @GIMN, @Wozzie, @Grootinho, @keysi, @snowofman 

image.thumb.png.a67dd2c2066c2fb6f096ffe3bf4f96fc.png  image.thumb.png.5796f1e1b4076af1075b652884b68883.png  image.thumb.png.ac591592eaeb9f4df05113d3e2b5cfc1.png  image.thumb.png.0e0e06bef798b96cc08a2ee18212a6e1.png  image.thumb.png.fe82fede68fafaf52ddee8604e3fec6a.png image.thumb.png.c678626701a162903d46dca1f64d06b0.png image.thumb.png.05b039695569bdc811fdd018e4216151.png

I had the staff overview edited in the FM22 & FM23 already but seeing this on your screen earlier today I decided to clean it and move the comparison down the same as you (= looks much better), I deleted some useless titles to save more space, edited the custom view in the middle etc.

image.thumb.png.93fdc848dc9cd26e9821c024981a9da2.png

Also, don't care about releasing just because there could be some things from my skin. We all use some of your work.

5 hours ago, keysi said:

I had the staff overview edited in the FM22 & FM23 already but seeing this on your screen earlier today I decided to clean it and move the comparison down the same as you (= looks much better), I deleted some useless titles to save more space, edited the custom view in the middle etc.

image.thumb.png.93fdc848dc9cd26e9821c024981a9da2.png

Also, don't care about releasing just because there could be some things from my skin. We all use some of your work.

Looks good!

Yeah credit is the least issue currently. Main issue is resolution, this is what it looks like at 1080p. Problem is i don't have a 1080p monitor at all so no desire to make a skin that fits it anymore

image.thumb.png.47f647d1230aaa24504785fd9d5b6bac.png

18 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

Looks good!

Yeah credit is the least issue currently. Main issue is resolution, this is what it looks like at 1080p. Problem is i don't have a 1080p monitor at all so no desire to make a skin that fits it anymore

My problem for the last two years too. I had a viewer playing in 13" laptop and there are always problems now that I have a 4K 27" monitor.

43 minutes ago, alexmorak said:

Can I ask you how did you make the Next Unread button not to show Continue when there are not unread messages and is greyed out?

<widget class="primary_button" id="nexu" click_event="nexu" auto_size="vertical">
    <global id="hidden" name="ui.is_fmt_controller_skin"/>
    <translation id="text" translation_id="248086" type="use" value="Next Unread"/>
</widget>

24 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

<widget class="primary_button" id="nexu" click_event="nexu" auto_size="vertical">
    <global id="hidden" name="ui.is_fmt_controller_skin"/>
    <translation id="text" translation_id="248086" type="use" value="Next Unread"/>
</widget>

Thank you very much, it worked like a charm!

And please. unless the Creator asks for feedback. try and hold your opinion inside :) 

Just reposting this as some ppl might have missed it.

Hijacking a beautiful idea that @TCSSkin had...

image.png.7b54dae774404e84045d995327b31c62.png

Trying to make their positions look almost like a heatmap. Yes, you've got the description and the player archetype there but you can see that Fofana is a player who could play anywhere centrally, once you've corroborated that with all of the stats on offer.

I just wanted to share something that I have been working on over the last few days.

image.png.42d3d735e01312decd323142f538e0f3.png

I love data, but sometimes I can find that you can have too much of a good thing. I sometimes find it difficult to look at a pizza chart or a bar chart and especially a bunch of hard stats and really take in everything that it is telling me about a player.

I often bucket certain things together when thinking about what a player offers; how many shots plus shot assists does a player get per game? how often does the player progress the ball forward either by dribbling or passing? What is there total expected output per game?

Wanting a visual that can provide me a "snapshot" of a player has led me to creating this position based visual:

Shot production is Shots+ Chances Created

Ball Progression is Dribbles + Progressive Passes

Safety in possession is really just me renaming possession lost

Defensive production is pressures + Possession won

The real time consuming bit is I have analysed the proportion of each action for the "average" player and adjusted the size of the bar accordingly, because in a lot of cases a simple 50/50 split wouldn't have shown the true combined output. For example in the data I analysed I found that 80% of xG+xA was made up of xG for the "average" striker so the bar for xG makes up 80% of the xG+xA metric (to demonstrate this I have set the two bars in a couple of the metrics above to different colors). This method isn't perfect because a striker who gets a lot of xA, but less xG would look worse than they are, but I think it's the best I can do. 

The white dash on xG+xA metric is the comparison of G+A at same rate, and the white dash on the Shot Production metric is comparison with xG+xA at the same rate.

I started this by saying I sometimes find it difficult to look at data but realise I may have created something even more complex!  Any constructive criticism would be appreciated :D 

I apologise for the rambling post, but I just want to thank @GIMN for answering my stupid questions and sharing his data set which got me started down this path.

Edited by johnwalker

13 hours ago, johnwalker said:

I just wanted to share something that I have been working on over the last few days.

I love data, but sometimes I can find that you can have too much of a good thing. I sometimes find it difficult to look at a pizza chart or a bar chart and especially a bunch of hard stats and really take in everything that it is telling me about a player.

I often bucket certain things together when thinking about what a player offers; how many shots plus shot assists does a player get per game? how often does the player progress the ball forward either by dribbling or passing? What is there total expected output per game?

Wanting a visual that can provide me a "snapshot" of a player has led me to creating this position based visual:

The real time consuming bit is I have analysed the proportion of each action for the "average" player and adjusted the size of the bar accordingly, because in a lot of cases a simple 50/50 split wouldn't have shown the true combined output. For example in the data I analysed I found that 80% of xG+xA was made up of xG for the "average" striker so the bar for xG makes up 80% of the xG+xA metric (to demonstrate this I have set the two bars in a couple of the metrics above to different colors). This method isn't perfect because a striker who gets a lot of xA, but less xG would look worse than they are, but I think it's the best I can do. 

The white dash on xG+xA metric is the comparison of G+A at same rate, and the white dash on the Shot Production metric is comparison with xG+xA at the same rate.

I started this by saying I sometimes find it difficult to look at data but realise I may have created something even more complex!  Any constructive criticism would be appreciated :D 

I apologise for the rambling post, but I just want to thank @GIMN for answering my stupid questions and sharing his data set which got me started down this path.

I use something relatively similar in defensive/possession/attacking contributions built into my skin. I just wanted to say that your presentation of it is beautiful! 

Where do you display this info? Could I see your entire player profile please?

Edited by _Ben_

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I use something relatively similar in defensive/possession/attacking contributions built into my skin. I just wanted to say that your presentation of it is beautiful! 

Where do you display this info? Could I see your entire player profile please?

Hi Ben, thank you for the feedback. It's probably the only beautiful thing in my skin! :D

I would be lying if I didn't say seeing your contributions metric was the inspiration for this! As I have said before I am not the best skinner and learn from taking stuff from released skins which you will see here. I am also different to most other people in I use the player attributes panel as standard and don't put too much in there. Original plan was to compress the attributes into top middle then have another panel next to personality etc, but I don't know what I would like there. I really liked your passing graph and thought about having that in middle center panel, then moving ability etc to pop right. Also don't really like the default player radars now and thought about adding either a pizza or your fbref style charts (they were where the new metric was), or both, but not sure.

Sidenote - how weird is this players profile (from my beta save). Even though I am not showing xG per shot the metrics perfectly demonstrates this player is a low volume high xG per shot player.

image.thumb.png.99d806206b36874480f46c5a38e4ec84.png

And please. unless the Creator asks for feedback. try and hold your opinion inside :) 

2 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Made a few tweaks, stole more stuff from Rensie and Sas. Tweaked the background and just tweaked the header. Also added a bookmarks popup tweaking Wannachup's BG selector

As of now, i'm thinking no release as this skin doesn't work great under 1440p and anyone who's released a skin will know exactly how it'll go if i do.

fm_3NrEjaPv6s.png fm_vycayNJO0h.png fm_Cr1ACiC91Q.jpg fm_gFHlmqv3MP.png fm_Q7V7lZiK37.png fm_2gQqaZ5KI6.png fm_gPQCB6ztr3.png fm_14fwz8wmRT.png

Hi great modifications! I`m doing also some for personal use. Is it possible that you share one panel? I`m very interested in Recent Form Panel  from player overview (last screen). (with 3 deferent periods) . Thank you in advance!

36 minutes ago, Orange2000 said:

Hi great modifications! I`m doing also some for personal use. Is it possible that you share one panel? I`m very interested in Recent Form Panel  from player overview (last screen). (with 3 deferent periods) . Thank you in advance!

if you look in wtcs, all three options are there, i just put it in a tab 

5 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Made a few tweaks, stole more stuff from Rensie and Sas. Tweaked the background and just tweaked the header. Also added a bookmarks popup tweaking Wannachup's BG selector

As of now, i'm thinking no release as this skin doesn't work great under 1440p and anyone who's released a skin will know exactly how it'll go if i do.

fm_3NrEjaPv6s.png fm_vycayNJO0h.png fm_Cr1ACiC91Q.jpg fm_gFHlmqv3MP.png fm_Q7V7lZiK37.png fm_2gQqaZ5KI6.png fm_gPQCB6ztr3.png fm_14fwz8wmRT.png

Looks nice! If I may ask what background picture are you using? My eyes really settled in with it.
And would you be able to just share the tactic overview panel? I've been trying to put names on the back of the shirt for a while.

Thank you.

在 2023/12/7 在 AM2点52分, _Ben_说:

Hijacking a beautiful idea that @TCSSkin had...

image.png.7b54dae774404e84045d995327b31c62.png

Trying to make their positions look almost like a heatmap. Yes, you've got the description and the player archetype there but you can see that Fofana is a player who could play anywhere centrally, once you've corroborated that with all of the stats on offer.

Can you please show how to do this?

3 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Looks nice! If I may ask what background picture are you using? My eyes really settled in with it.
And would you be able to just share the tactic overview panel? I've been trying to put names on the back of the shirt for a while.

Thank you.

background pic is here

Tactics icon is just a person_name button overlayed at the top rather than the bottom  Only problem is it doesn't respond to kit colour, so if you have a white kit the name will be white

On 07/12/2023 at 23:48, johnwalker said:

Spent some time updating this.

image.png.7d14c56c0e9d3453140536ef736f5632.png

Decided to remove the comparison between Shot Production and xG+xA as it felt unnecessary.

Added pass completion in to Safety in Possession.

Added dashed lines so it's easy to see the proportion of each stat in the overall bar.

Em 30/11/2023 em 21:00, TCSSkin disse:

can I ask you something??? What would be the code for this Unread??
image.png.7d387a24294742afccc0fca2849aa535.png

12 minutes ago, Zyraxz said:

can I ask you something??? What would be the code for this Unread??
image.png.7d387a24294742afccc0fca2849aa535.png

It's in the default panel, search for                         

<!--show/hide and unread count-->

then remove this line

<string id="create_if" value="ui.is_fmt_controller_skin"/>

2 minutos atrás, TCSSkin disse:

It's in the default panel, search for                         

<!--show/hide and unread count-->

then remove this line

<string id="create_if" value="ui.is_fmt_controller_skin"/>

thank you friend

24 минуты назад, snowofman сказал:

human/inbox panel.xml

I found this. But I don't know how to make buttons.

<widget class="primary_button" id="???" click_event="???" auto_size="horizontal" red_replacement="blue"/>

image.png.20d07c0f80c06a5b5b375e13101c0616.png

Edited by bahmet

14 minutes ago, bahmet said:

I found this. But I don't know how to make buttons.

<widget class="primary_button" id="???" click_event="???" auto_size="horizontal" red_replacement="blue"/>

image.png.20d07c0f80c06a5b5b375e13101c0616.png

<widget class="button">
	<record id="click_event">
		<integer id="event_id" value="mard" />
		<integer id="index" value="1" />
	</record>
	<translation id="text" translation_id="383549" type="use" value="Mark All Items As Read[COMMENT: FR 10286; Inbox; Mark all news items as read]"/>
</widget>