The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

In case anyone is not sure on my level of pathetic addiction, I've left my PC on at home so I can remotly access it and install the beta then move all my graphics etc over should it release before I leave the office tonight.

You’ve given me an idea in case it releases tomorrow while I’m at work. I usually take my laptop to work but not tomorrow lol 

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

Just people who are primarily watched by bots and other content creators lol. 

99% of FM fan base are not watching YouTube 

Lollojo alone literally gets thousands of views per video.  FM on Youtube is more popular than you realise.

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

if 200K people regularly play the game about 10% is still 20K people and even though I don't regularly watch FM youtubers I do occasionally watch some FM content. Lollujo gets 15-30k views per video seems entirely plausible to me.

This thread is probably a treasure trove for psychologists and those who study behavior. "Oh, it's definitely today!" “Well, the previous seven accurate predictions were wrong, but this time I have absolutely no doubt that it is today!”

Just now, Novem9 said:

This thread is probably a treasure trove for psychologists and those who study behavior. "Oh, it's definitely today!" “Well, the previous seven accurate predictions were wrong, but this time I have absolutely no doubt that it is today!”

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

Well it is. I actually (for comedy purposes) copied in a quote at one point from the seminal Psychology book/experiment that produced the concept of  'cognitive dissonance'. From wikipedia

When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of a Modern Group That Predicted the Destruction of the World is a classic work of social psychology by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter, published in 1956, detailing a study of a small UFO religion in Chicago called the Seekers that believed in an imminent apocalypse. The authors took a particular interest in the members' coping mechanisms after the event did not occur, focusing on the cognitive dissonance between the members' beliefs and actual events, and the psychological consequences of these disconfirmed expectations.

As anticipated by the research team, the prophesied date passed with no sign of the predicted flood, causing a dissonance between the group's commitment to the prophecy and the unfolding reality. Different members of the group reacted in different ways. Many of those with the highest levels of belief, commitment and social support became more committed to their beliefs, began to court publicity in a way they had not before, and developed various rationalisations for the absence of the flood. Some others, with less prior conviction and commitment, and/or less access to ongoing group support, were less able to sustain or increase their previous levels of belief and involvement, and several left the group. The findings of the research team were broadly in line with their initial hypothesis regarding how believers might react to a prophecy disconfirmation if certain conditions were or were not in place.

1 minute ago, gsturdy98 said:

Why do youtubers get so much hate on here?  :lol:

ps, im new to the forums so might've missed something

I have absolutely no idea, either. Some of them seem like genuinely nice guys 

1 minute ago, gsturdy98 said:

Not hating them by all means... just that at this point id rather play the game myself than watch a video.

Just now, gsturdy98 said:

Because the quality of FM YouTubers is extremely low. Awful recycled content and nearly all of them are irritating.

2 минуты назад, vikeologist сказал:

Well it is. I actually (for comedy purposes) copied in a quote at one point from the seminal Psychology book/experiment that produced the concept of  'cognitive dissonance'. From wikipedia

So Miles is the laziest cult leader when it comes to preaching to his flock 😂 

12 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Beg to differ, most of my friends who play football manager watch a few youtubers and their content is great. Zealand is my favourite, Loki doki and Lollujo are the next best. 

Ease off on tagging devs, please. The ones who are in here, sure, but not just random others. After all delaying them in their work could delay the beta...

Just now, XaW said:

Ease off on tagging devs, please. The ones who are in here, sure, but not just random others. After all delaying them in their work could delay the beta...

It was a mod who summoned Francis and Neil. Just saying...

But I echoed the same sentiment yesterday.