Match 3: Senegal vs Netherlands 4pm GMT ITV1 LIVE from the Al Thumama Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

If they aren't selling out England games, nothing is going to sell out is it? Qatar just too small to be holding an event like this.

Like a week ago I read that Argentinian FA is the only one which sold out all of their allocated group stage tickets.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Iran get 70k+ easily in every home game and are right across the gulf. Still couldn't sell out. :D

Is it true that Arabs don't like Muslims from other Asian countries? There seemed to be boos during Iranian anthem, idk if they were just because they don't like them or as a protest.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Is it true that Arabs don't like Muslims from other Asian countries? There seemed to be boos during Iranian anthem, idk if they were just because they don't like them or as a protest.

That was a protest from the Iranians wasn't it?

Just now, Orzelek said:

Do the Dutch have lots of injuries, since they are sting with Janssen on top and some unknown guy in the goal?

Commentators just said their 3 keepers have a total of 8 caps between them, so they were never going to have anyone too internationally experienced in net.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I thought it was Iranians protesting. Or some pro-government ones booing the team for not singing it.

The Shia-Sunni thing is quite bad so there's that as well. But yeah, even other than that, I've seen people not being friendly to people from other countries. Like Palestinians in Jordan or Lebanon. Egypt doesn't exactly help Gaza circumvent the Israeli blockade either. IRGC constantly bombs Kurdish areas in Iraq and there's Morocco and Algeria having border clashes every once in a while so there's lots of bad blood across the Middle East and North Africa.

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Don't know about all other muslim countries, but Arabs always had some feud with Persians, so nothing new there.

8 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

The upper tier in the background there looked pretty full.

I'm sure I heard in the pre-match there was congestion/delays getting into the ground.

Still suggests the infrastructure isn't fit for purpose mind

Edited by The_jagster

In all of my many years watching football I'll never understand one thing.

Why refs do this? The stoppage time already expired, the ball is out of play in a non-threatening position (most of the time it's a goal kick) and they wait for the ball to be brought back into play, only to whistle right after.

I was expecting something more from the Dutch, their chances haven't really come from sustained pressure.

Senegal aren't too bad in open play but they do that disappointing thing of any player shooting straight at a defender outside the box when they run out of ideas.

1 minute ago, RTHerringbone said:

This is dull. Both content to get a point, pump Qatar and then have a go against Ecuador.

Based on how toothless they both look, just hoping for a win against Ecuador is not the best way of going about things.