FM23 signing youth

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Harrymcintyre said:

Someone said they’ll just use the in game editor to exploit the game, isn’t that the compromise? If your objective is to game the system and have all the best 16 year olds that come through then you can have at it with the in game editor. 

That’s what I don’t get. People get told to use all of these house rules to make the game challenging for them but when it comes to SI continuing the trend of following real football rules, the. The argument becomes it’s ruining the fun of fantasty when there is literally a tool available for the game to do whatever you so desire.

16 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s what I don’t get. People get told to use all of these house rules to make the game challenging for them but when it comes to SI continuing the trend of following real football rules, the. The argument becomes it’s ruining the fun of fantasty when there is literally a tool available for the game to do whatever you so desire.

Not everyone knows how to use the pre-game editor to change rules/laws in the game and there is a big chance the option of removing it be prevented by having it hardcoded into the game like they did with brexit.

Now what I don't understand is the people complaining about it being exploitive as if they are playing a 2-player game whereby they are playing against opponents who hoard an army of wonderkids to beat their team week in week out. There's many socalled exploits on the game, all you have to do is choose not to use it. Right now if I wanted to I could add another manager of a big team with unlimited funds, use them to buy all the deadwood off my own team for ridiculous sums and make my club rich. I wouldn't see they should remove the option of adding another manager because it's not realistic and it's exploitive.

And I'm not even arguing that it should be allowed to be exploited, but in it's current form the game is unrealistic as you can't sign or poach a 16 year olds newgens outside your region

Edited by Ferocious289

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

Not everyone knows how to use the pre-game editor to change rules/laws in the game and there is a big chance the option of removing it be prevented by having it hardcoded into the game like they did with brexit.

Now what I don't understand is the people complaining about it being exploitive as if they are playing a 2-player game whereby they are playing against opponents who hoard an army of wonderkids to beat their team week in week out. There's many socalled exploits on the game, all you have to do is choose not to use it.

And I'm not even arguing that it should be allowed to be exploited, but in it's current form the game is unrealistic as you can't sign or poach a 16 year olds newgens outside your region

You can poach newgens. If you're a club in the EU you can sign newgens aged 16 and above from other newgen clubs. 

If any newgen is aged 16 and is a free player you can also sign them up.

21 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

Now what I don't understand is the people complaining about it being exploitive as if they are playing a 2-player game whereby they are playing against opponents who hoard an army of wonderkids to beat their team week in week out. There's many socalled exploits on the game, all you have to do is choose not to use it. Right now if I wanted to I could add another manager of a big team with unlimited funds, use them to buy all the deadwood off my own team for ridiculous sums and make my club rich. I wouldn't see they should remove the option of adding another manager because it's not realistic and it's exploitive.

In game editor. You can literally move any player to your club at will.

7 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

not telling you how to play your game. The point is If you want to move all the Brazilian 16 year old wonder kids that get generated to your club, then that is absolutely still possible with the use of the in-game editor.
It is however correct that SI found and corrected an area of the game that was easily exploited. They have to think how they want to present the game to a very wide demographic. I think they made the right call here. 

1 hour ago, Harrymcintyre said:

not telling you how to play your game. The point is If you want to move all the Brazilian 16 year old wonder kids that get generated to your club, then that is absolutely still possible with the use of the in-game editor.
It is however correct that SI found and corrected an area of the game that was easily exploited. They have to think how they want to present the game to a very wide demographic. I think they made the right call here. 

You got me wrong. I don't want to be able to sign/move all the 16 year old wonderkids to me team. It's not black and white. It should be like in rreal life where clubs can buy a 16 year old outside their region if it suits all parties.

You can't go to extremes and say sign all wonderkids, or not have the opportunity to sign any at all from brazil.

26 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

These transfers could still happen (EU to EU), based on a couple of users' feedback in this thread. The complaint seemed to be about South American 16yo players though?

The problem is entirely with newgens, and I can confirm that it is currently impossible to sign any EU newgen as an EU team, at least in the first year when they appear. In previous FMs, the top wonderkids in big clubs usually refuse to move, which makes sense because they are already at a big club, and the other crappy newgens at small clubs with one or two star PA would always jump at the chance if you tried to sign them as a big club. But even they turn you down now. I'm not sure why SI decided to go to such extremes just to prevent poaching this year. If Garnacho and Hannibal were newgens in this game and held european citizenship, you would not be able to sign them because something in the code prevents that.  Examples shown in this thread were probably for 16 year olds that already exist in the game, those have no problem and are not affected.

I saw in the bug tracker that SI have acknowledged that there have been some changes this year regarding the newgens, which is fine. But I would like to know if it is intentional for every single newgen to be locked from transferring when they first show up, and for how long. 

6 minutes ago, Sky said:

The problem is entirely with newgens, and I can confirm that it is currently impossible to sign any EU newgen as an EU team, at least in the first year when they appear. In previous FMs, the top wonderkids in big clubs usually refuse to move, which makes sense because they are already at a big club, and the other crappy newgens at small clubs with one or two star PA would always jump at the chance if you tried to sign them as a big club. But even they turn you down now. I'm not sure why SI decided to go to such extremes just to prevent poaching this year. If Garnacho and Hannibal were newgens in this game and held european citizenship, you would not be able to sign them because something in the code prevents that.  Examples shown in this thread were probably for 16 year olds that already exist in the game, those have no problem and are not affected.

I would suggest reporting specific cases, if it's an EU team trying to sign from another EU team.

It still doesn't seem very common, but the Aznou example shows that it can happen and that was between Barcelona and Bayern as well, so there were big clubs involved and it's a recent example. It's only 1 recent example, so if there are more, that would definitely help.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I would suggest reporting specific cases, if it's an EU team trying to sign from another EU team.

It still doesn't seem very common, but the Aznou example shows that it can happen and that was between Barcelona and Bayern as well, so there were big clubs involved and it's a recent example. It's only 1 recent example, so if there are more, that would definitely help.

They have my save why can't they check and verify the issue with that data?

These screenshots are more than clear.

Real Madrid in 2037:
699357746_Brazil15yo.thumb.png.4de059e1c5ccff5b730c96f62134800e.png

Successful contract negotiations with a 15-year-old Brazilian who, however, is under contract in the EU in Bulgaria (no dual nationality). He joins Real at the age of 16.

16-year-old Ghanaian with Dutch passport moves from top club Ajax to Real:
2084321913_Ghana16yo.thumb.png.2940bd06010beb04904763050e218769.png

One of Athletico Bilbao's greatest talents moves to Real Madrid at the age of 15. (For me, it is actually already questionable whether this is allowed).

5043096_Spain15yo.thumb.png.1581947a2a5954ea33fe9475e9ff8f67.png

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

I don't think it's correct to say that this has been done to stop players exploiting the market. The changes have been made to reflect what's happening IRL.

I have made an effort to dig into the data to show that it's rare for a South American 16yo to move to Europe and by doing it, I've also increased my knowledge in this area. I have also posted why 16yo South American players transferring to England will be very rare, if there will be any.  So far, I haven't seen any data from the other side of the debate to show that the changes are unrealistic.

Users in this thread posted that they are able to sign 16yo players from within Europe as another EU team and that is happening IRL too.

So far, it doesn't seem like anything is unrealistic in FM23. If that statement isn't correct, then I really would love to be corrected with factual, recent data. I haven't delved into every transfer that happened recently, so it is possible. Man City and Real Madrid were brought up and I checked it out, along with also checking Barcelona.

As for the list of footballers posted:

Garnacho - was born in Spain, has Spanish citizenship and was in the Atletico youth team.

Hannibal - Born in France, has French citizenship and started off in the Paris FC youth team.

Adam Aznou - from what I can see, born in Morocco, has Spanish citizenship and started at the Barcelona youth team.

These transfers could still happen (EU to EU), based on a couple of users' feedback in this thread. The complaint seemed to be about South American 16yo players though?

Vininistus Junior - as mentioned before - the deal was done in 2017, 5 years ago.

Jude Bellingham - was 17 when he transferred and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Brexit rules were in effect back then. It is now, as I have posted earlier in the thread.

Gabriel Martinelli - was 18 when he transferred. That's possible in FM as well.

Cesc Fabregas - I don't know why he's on the list. He's Spanish. He did leave Barcelona at 16 to join Arsenal when England was still part of the EU.

18-year-old Kubo, who is set to spend next season in Real Madrid's B team under the tutelage of club legend Raul Gonzalez, returns to Spain after four years, when a Barcelona transfer ban for the illegal signing of youth players ultimately led him to leave La Masia to return to Japan.

source: https://www.90min.com/posts/6391439-takefusa-kubo-the-bizarre-reason-why-barcelona-missed-out-to-real-madrid-for-japanese-messi

It's illegal as far as FiFA is concerned, you just can't get an EU foreigner who's under 18 years old immedaitely, you've to wait until he's 18. The only exception is when his parents are for whatever reason alrdy in the country.. Parents moving to the EU for the sole purpose of letting the kid play for a big club would be illegal as well.. Kids within the EU are allowed to move on their own as long as the club guarantees the kid's well-being and education, something FIFA actually investigates..

Edited by SC00P0NE
spelling

Just now, SC00P0NE said:

It's illegal as far as FiFA is concerned. You can't get an EU foreigner who's under 18 years old. The only exception is when his parents are for whatever reason alrdy in the country.. Parents moving to the EU for the sole purpose of letting the kid play for a big club would be illegal as well.. Kids within the EU are allowed to move on their own as long as the club guarantee the kids well-being and education, something FIFA actually investigates..

I'm aware of that, thank you. :thup:

I should have been clearer in saying that it's rare for a 16yo non-EU player to agree terms to move when he's 18. Thanks for pointing it out as it is worth remembering.

I don't have FM23 (yet), but i think youth players should be open to moving to another team offering more gametime and more money, which i think is the main reason youth players would make a move, and using the gametime clubs as stepping stones. 

BUT, 

if let's say a player at Man City who won't get game time in the nest few years refuses to even negotiate with me as manager of dortmund when i'm offering game time and more money then it's not realistic ;)

I get a Man City career player being put off by this.

On the other hand, if I am leading a mid-level club in Scotland or somewhere in the Balkans and I call up a 16 year old who's been tearing up the youth leagues in the suburbs of Lisbon or Cordoba, it makes some sense that young kid may hang up the phone right away.

I don't think a delay in newgens being interested in joining even the best clubs is a bad thing. It was previously way way way too easy to go through all youth intakes as they happened and sign up top talents just as they appeared in game. 

Brexit has made it harder for English teams to sign wonderkids, both IRL and in the game. I bet there will be a ton of EU regens willing to move inside the EU when they are 16/17 yo, just not straight away. To me this issue seems very specific to a few people playing in the UK finding it harder than it has been in the past, and the game being poor in communicating why very young players are not interested in negotiating future moves to big clubs. 

I was looking for a topin on this 'problem' and glad i found it.

A big part of me enjoying FM is train and let youngsters reach their full potential.
Not being able to sign ANY regen is just the worse.

Does anyone know if they are working on a fix?

5 hours ago, Mitchlw said:

Not being able to sign ANY regen is just the worse.

Users in this thread reported that you can sign newgens, in particular when it's an EU to EU transfer.

While SI might tweak this a little, overall it's working as intended and reflects what we're seeing IRL.

I also have to say that I think this wall that seems to have been thrown up to stop clubs (in England at least) from buying newgens is odd.

I get you might want to raise the threshold as to which youth players would accept. For example it’s unlikely that a Bayern, PSG, Barca, Madrid, Dortmund etc Newgens at that age would leave to come to a PL club (even if can’t leave for 2 seasons officially. 

I’d even say you could argue that some youth would prioritise a quicker route to first team football.

I’m playing as Man Utd and like many have described i can’t sign a single Newgen. They won’t even talk to me. So for example I could understand it if they requested lots of money or a promise of first team football when they sign but they don’t even do that and I think that’s where this goes too far.

I found one talent playing for Toulouse.  He didn’t want to negotiate at all. At the very least a better reason should be given.

Found another newgen playing for Derby County. Not interested either.

I think both extremes (none want to sign & buying 15-20 newgens a season) are unrealistic. 

Won’t lie making it this hard to sign Newgens, does take the gloss off the fun a bit. 

Mhabe it’s because I’m United and it’s some weird Brexit nonsense but i find it hard to believe if United came knocking at 90% of clubs in the game for their best uncontracted youngsters, these kids wouldn’t at least let you offer them a contract / vision for their development.

It might also play into character type, but I’ve now tried over 50 newgens over last 2 months (game time) and zero are interested.

To me it does feel like a bug, but if I’m missing something, please help me understand.

On 15/11/2022 at 06:17, HUNT3R said:

Users in this thread reported that you can sign newgens, in particular when it's an EU to EU transfer.

While SI might tweak this a little, overall it's working as intended and reflects what we're seeing IRL.

You definitely can't sign EU to EU, nor youth from your club's own country

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/11/2022 at 10:38, HUNT3R said:

I'm aware of that, thank you. :thup:

I should have been clearer in saying that it's rare for a 16yo non-EU player to agree terms to move when he's 18. Thanks for pointing it out as it is worth remembering.

Federico Valverde, Vinicious Junior, Rodrygo and Reinieir (and now it seems Endrick) all agreed to join Real Madrid before they turned 18. I found this information out in 10 minutes, and only looked at ONE major European team. Imagine how many examples I could find if I could be bothered. Also, SI's research team apparently were unaware that VAR was going to introduced in Scotland during this season, then had the cheek to sarcastically tell us to ask the SFA to announce these things before the season starts, even though the announcement was made 6 months prior to the launch the FM23. So you'll forgive me for not trusting SI's research team to research anything outside of England.

Edited by Smoo

3 hours ago, Smoo said:

Federico Valverde, Vinicious Junior, Rodrygo and Reinieir (and now it seems Endrick) all agreed to join Real Madrid before they turned 18. I found this information out in 10 minutes, and only looked at ONE major European team. Imagine how many examples I could find if I could be bothered. Also, SI's research team apparently were unaware that VAR was going to introduced in Scotland during this season, then had the cheek to sarcastically tell us to ask the SFA to announce these things before the season starts, even though the announcement was made 6 months prior to the launch the FM23. So you'll forgive me for not trusting SI's research team to research anything outside of England.

In the post you quoted - I stated it is RARE for u18 players to agree to terms. I never said impossible. As for the examples:

Valverde - 7 years ago.

Vinicius - 5 years ago.

Rodrygo - 6 years ago.

Reineieieir - joined at 18 yo and the deal seems to have been agreed on a month before his 18th birthday. This is also an example from 2 years ago.

Endrick is the only recent example, so again - it is RARE for this sort of deal to be made.

58 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

In the post you quoted - I stated it is RARE for u18 players to agree to terms. I never said impossible. As for the examples:

Valverde - 7 years ago.

Vinicius - 5 years ago.

Rodrygo - 6 years ago.

Reineieieir - joined at 18 yo and the deal seems to have been agreed on a month before his 18th birthday. This is also an example from 2 years ago.

Endrick is the only recent example, so again - it is RARE for this sort of deal to be made.

Yan Couto, Kayky, Gabriel Jesus at Man City. Metinho at Troyes. Amad Diallo at Atalanta. Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna at Dortmund. Marcelo Pitaluga at Liverpool. Abdoulaye Kamara at PSG. Matias Soule at Juventus. Franco Carboni at Catania. Facunda Colidio and Franco Vezzoni at Inter. Hugo Cuenca at AC Milan.

Ah yes, very rare.

Also, don't know why how long ago those transfers were is important. Because according to SI, none of those transfers would happen in this years game. THAT'S the point.

Edited by Smoo

1 minute ago, Smoo said:

Yan Couto, Kayky, Gabriel Jesus at Man City. Metinho at Troyes. Amad Diallo at Atalanta. Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna at Dortmund. Marcelo Pitaluga at Liverpool. Abdoulate Kamara at PSG. Matias Soule at Juventus. Franco Carboni at Catania. Facunda Colidio and Franco Vezzoni at Inter. Hugo Cuenca at AC Milan.

Ah yes, very rare.

Also, don't know why how long ago those transfers were is important. Because according to SI, none of those transfers would happen in this years game. THAT'S the point.

No the point is that it's against FIFA rules to discuss international transfers for players under 18 (I've posted the links to the FIFA guidelines before, look a page back or two). Some teams breaking those rules without reaction does not equal it's allowed. The only "allowed" reason is if the family moves for "non-footballing reasons" and the clubs exploit this by getting a parent hired. FM has never indulged in illegal or borderline illegal stuff, so why should prohibited transfer be allowed in FM when the game also don't allow for doping, bribery, or match fixing?

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

No the point is that it's against FIFA rules to discuss international transfers for players under 18 (I've posted the links to the FIFA guidelines before, look a page back or two). Some teams breaking those rules without reaction does not equal it's allowed. The only "allowed" reason is if the family moves for "non-footballing reasons" and the clubs exploit this by getting a parent hired. FM has never indulged in illegal or borderline illegal stuff, so why should prohibited transfer be allowed in FM when the game also don't allow for doping, bribery, or match fixing?

Here's what those guidelines state.

"Since 2001, the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) have prohibited the international transfer of a minor (a player under the age of 18), with limited exceptions."

Prohibited the international transfer. Nothing about "discussing international transfers". Only the actual transfer. Which is how FM has been for years. Players still discuss transfers with teams across international borders. Legally. If "discussing" is illegal, why are Real Madrid about to pre-sign Endrick?

Just now, Smoo said:

Here's what those guidelines state.

"Since 2001, the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) have prohibited the international transfer of a minor (a player under the age of 18), with limited exceptions."

Prohibited the international transfer. Nothing about "discussing international transfers". Only the actual transfer. Which is how FM has been for years. Players still discuss transfers with teams across international borders. Legally. If "discussing" is illegal, why are Real Madrid about to pre-sign Endrick?

How should I know? Probably because FIFA is _allegedly_ looking the other way when illegal things happen in so many cases (see Qatar World Cup++).

No, the reason is because it's not illegal to arrange a transfer to take effect on, or soon after, a players 18th birthday. I suspect Real Madrid and their lawyers know the rules a lot better than anyone at SI.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

The only "allowed" reason is if the family moves for "non-footballing reasons" and the clubs exploit this by getting a parent hired. 

This.

Its been like this for a pretty long time, Martin Ødegaard comes to mind when Real Madrid hired his dad as a youth coach, who, AFAIK didn't speak a word spanish at the time. This was back in 2015.

Alexander Sandahl (SWE)- 13/01/2004, moved to Benfica on 16/09/2020, 16yo at the time

Kaloyan Kostov – (BUL)- 04/05/2004, moved to Benfica on 07/09/2020 16yo at the time

Žan Jevšenak – (ESL)- 15/05/2003, moved to Benfica on 15/10/2019 16yo at the time

Three players (currently at Benfica U23) that moved to Benfica when they were 16, if the game cannot reflect this than is not realist.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Neon_20:

Alexander Sandahl (SWE)- 13/01/2004, moved to Benfica on 16/09/2020, 16yo at the time

Kaloyan Kostov – (BUL)- 04/05/2004, moved to Benfica on 07/09/2020 16yo at the time

Žan Jevšenak – (ESL)- 15/05/2003, moved to Benfica on 15/10/2019 16yo at the time

Three players (currently at Benfica U23) that moved to Benfica when they were 16, if the game cannot reflect this than is not realist.

Within the EU most players can be transfered with the age of 16, so those examples you mentioned are working in the game already. The point is mainly about players from non-EU Nations. For those it's usually 18. Endrick moves to Real in 2024, exactly because of that rule. 

Edited by Daveincid

17 minutos atrás, Daveincid disse:

Within the EU most players can be transfered with the age of 16, so those examples you mentioned are working in the game already. The point is mainly about players from non-EU Nations. For those it's usually 18. Endrick moves to Real in 2024, exactly because of that rule. 

Yes, unless the family immigrates, it is not possible to sign non-EU- U18 players.
But we should be able to negotiate with the club and the player for a future transfer, like the case of Endrick, but I also noticed an increased reluctance in the U18 newgew's (or real players) wanting to join the club a Top Tier club. Even in the club accepts the fee most of the times players don't want to sign. 

It's definitely different than in past FM's, but it's okish for me, as I also liked to hunt and bring newgen diamonds to my club.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Neon_20:

Yes, unless the family immigrates, it is not possible to sign non-EU- U18 players.

So if SI needs to decide if they allow it in general or not, I think it's better not to. The amount of such transfers like Endrick are a very rare exception.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Neon_20:

But we should be able to negotiate with the club and the player for a future transfer, like the case of Endrick

I agree if this is in line with the rules by Fifa. Not sure if it is or not. I think Fifa sometimes doesn't know either or they are "flexible" with their decision:lol: 

8 hours ago, Neon_20 said:

But we should be able to negotiate with the club and the player for a future transfer, like the case of Endrick, but I also noticed an increased reluctance in the U18 newgew's (or real players) wanting to join the club a Top Tier club. Even in the club accepts the fee most of the times players don't want to sign. 

It's definitely different than in past FM's, but it's okish for me, as I also liked to hunt and bring newgen diamonds to my club.

According to these articles it not that easy anymore. You can talk to the club and agree the transfer fee. After that FIFA needs to give the buying club an approval to talk to the U18-player about the details of the contract. I guess that the FIFA-thing is not so easy to replicate for SI?

https://www.football-espana.net/2022/12/09/real-madrid-insider-reveals-breakdown-of-endrick-felipe-palmeiras-fee

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2022/12/08/639251a0ca4741f5688b45ed.html

8 hours ago, Daveincid said:

I think Fifa sometimes doesn't know either or they are "flexible" with their decision:lol: 

As the opposing fans in Spain says about Real, Así gana el Madrid, loosely translates to "this is how madrid wins". If SI are gonna incorporate the shady transfers Real gets through for sake of realism they gonna have to incorporate the lawsuits and criminal court cases that follows too? ;)

vor 53 Minuten schrieb zindrinho:

If SI are gonna incorporate the shady transfers Real gets through for sake of realism they gonna have to incorporate the lawsuits and criminal court cases that follows too? ;)

Would be fun if you ask me but you already need a bachelor in sports management, finances and human resources to play Football Manager. If now also a bachelor in law is needed it would slowly be too much ;)

On 09/12/2022 at 12:41, Daveincid said:

is there actually a way to check which rules do apply for regions / coutries ingame? I couldnt really find anything under league rules.

• 2 weeks later...

There is defo a bug with these. It's happening with domestic transfers for me.

I am Rangers and a 16yo Hearts player who is a Rangers supporter won't come. This is patently nonsense, even taking the (incorrect) logic of  'youth players won't want to uproot' theory as IRL he wouldn't even have to move house. Players from all over Britain move at a young age no problem. Especially daft when the £2.8m fee would be easily one of Hearts' biggest sales ever. Hearts would be driving him to Ibrox themselves.

In Britain 15 and 16 year olds leave Scotland for England all the time - Rory Wilson, Ben Doak, Charlie McArthur, Dire Mebude all in the last year. In Scotland Rangers sign 15 and 16 year olds every summer from other clubs (Cameron Cooper, Kieron Willox, Bailey Rice).

They've got it totally wrong this year and need to fix it.

I also see they haven't fixed the unable to update youth facilities bug too.

Edited by abod316

9 hours ago, abod316 said:

I am Rangers and a 16yo Hearts player who is a Rangers supporter won't come. This is patently nonsense, even taking the (incorrect) logic of  'youth players won't want to uproot' theory as IRL he wouldn't even have to move house. Players from all over Britain move at a young age no problem. Especially daft when the £2.8m fee would be easily one of Hearts' biggest sales ever. Hearts would be driving him to Ibrox themselves.

In Britain 15 and 16 year olds leave Scotland for England all the time - Rory Wilson, Ben Doak, Charlie McArthur, Dire Mebude all in the last year. In Scotland Rangers sign 15 and 16 year olds every summer from other clubs (Cameron Cooper, Kieron Willox, Bailey Rice).

Have you reported it in the bug tracker?

Il 1/11/2022 in 09:06 , HUNT3R ha scritto:

I've seen 2 examples mentioned (one of which isn't South American), but you're talking about many others. Are there many recent examples?

Vinicius Jr's transfer was 4 years ago. The deal was done in 2017, which is more than 5 years ago. What does the situation look like today or in the last year?

Well Endrick just signed a deal with Real. At 16 years old, he didn't waited until 18 like you are forced to in FM. Can we finally admit it's a bug that should be sorted?

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/10/2022 at 10:25, Scott777 said:

One the one hand I'm reassured it isn't just happening to me, but like you, it's lessening my interest.

So do you think it's good just being able to sign all you youngsters you can ? Personally i don't because this allows you to just get the best team very quickly  and this is not realistic t all is it.

On 26/12/2022 at 10:51, abod316 said:

On my save they refuse to sign a contract because the player would rather continue his development at the club he's currently at , However I don't agree with just being able to sign all best youngsters you can as this allows you to dominate very easily and that becomes unrealistic and boring .

Abit off topic but I just started my long term save in England and did not realise until two seasons in how impossible it is now to sign any youth from any EU Nation now with England not being in the EU. I'm guessing if EU Clubs can do business between themselves then alot of my Rivals will be snapping up these players earlier than me and I will have to play premium for almost everyone.

30 minuti fa, Verby ha scritto:

Abit off topic but I just started my long term save in England and did not realise until two seasons in how impossible it is now to sign any youth from any EU Nation now with England not being in the EU. I'm guessing if EU Clubs can do business between themselves then alot of my Rivals will be snapping up these players earlier than me and I will have to play premium for almost everyone.

Well, premier league has bucketloads more money than any other league, so....

• 4 weeks later...