How many leagues do you load? Playable? View only?

Been wondering how other people start their career games. How many leagues do you load and do you make any view only etc.

I always use the large database.

I usually manage Liverpool and load all the English leagues as playable. 

I then also load the top league of the top nations like France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Holland etc as playable.

I dont plan to actually manage in those leagues, but i want the players and staff to load and the teams to play. I think it should also keep the international teams going well into the furure.

I dont load any as view only, because i dont really know what it offers over not loaded or playable.

How do you start your career games?

I always do playable in every league but i only ever manage in England ha, i normally have a large player database of about 120,000 players. I always load every league from the nations i choose.

Edited by Simsimmabrfc85

Top leagues from: Belgium, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, Croatia, Greece, Czech Republic, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Mexico

All leagues from: Germany, England, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal

small database - 78,000 players

This is for a save where I only plan to manage in Germany but want to have the option to move abroad if I get sacked or get bored

Game runs silky smooth (i5 9500k)

A good way to ensure you get a good selection of players from across the world is to do a custom database with all international players, continental rep and national rep players for each continent loaded. Ensures the top players for each region are present as well as regens. That way you don't need the leagues themselves loaded so speeds up processing a bit. 

Combine that with any leagues you plan on playing in for that save (for me it's always different) and it works pretty well. Usually ends up at between 55000 and 65000 players. 

For many years now I have been using a set up of 13 nations, 28 leagues (all playable) with large database that gives circa 65k players at the start of my long term Premier League based career save:

England - 4 leagues, premier to league 2, Scotland top 2 leagues, Spain 2, Germany 2, Italy 2, Spain 2,France 2,  Holland 2, Belgium 2, Brazil 2, Argentina 2, Chile 2, Uruguay 2.

This set up shows 2 stars for indicated game speed but has always seemed fine (my desktop pc has i7 with 16gb ram); one issue I do have is selling players though.

A tweet from Miles indicated that FM21 processing speed circa 14% better than FM20 and this has caused me to think about whether to make changes to my regular set up as detailed above.

I was wondering if transfer market/selling of players experience would improve if I only loaded the top leagues in all countries, apart from England, and added some top leagues from some more countries like China, Greece, Mexico, Austria, Norway, Denmark etc. I would want to keep player count to circa 70k tops.

Effectively keeping all leagues playable but with more countries and, subject to player count implications, a similar number of playable leagues.

Would be interested on views on above and re only loading top leagues rather than top 2 in countries apart from England; as I tend to manage top club in premier league I am thinking that there is no point loading more leagues than the top one non English countries.

Edited by mhaffy

All leagues loaded from England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Sweden, Belgium, Spain and Holland.

As the game progresses, I normally add one or two leagues where I see some good players coming from, i.e. Serbia, Turkey, etc.

Spain-all playable leagues loaded

England- Till League 2

France,Germany,Portugal, Italy, Belgium- first 2 divisions 

Poland, Netherlands, Denmark, Argentina, México, Russia- first division

Rest of South American first divisions- view only 

And then, depending of the save, i add one or 2 leagues out of this common database, like Austria, Ukraine, Switzerland, Serbia, Sweden... 

All this in medium size

10 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

one issue I do have is selling players though

I'm wondering about this. If you have a league as view-only or not loaded at all, do teams in that league ever make offers on your players? I haven't played enough to see this in action.

18 minutes ago, kwas said:

I'm wondering about this. If you have a league as view-only or not loaded at all, do teams in that league ever make offers on your players? I haven't played enough to see this in action.

My understanding is that transfer market v limited in view only leagues. I run all my selected leagues as playable as clubs then fully simulated/participating in transfer market.

1 hour ago, kwas said:

Hmm, not something i've thought about, but is something that could be huge tbh. 

As of FM20 I've started loading every league in the game (all view-only) and leaving 3-4 nations playable. Then a custom database loading in every player from every continent of national reputation and above. I think it comes to around 140k players loaded. 

FM20 wasn't slow but it definitely didn't snap through the weeks, whereas FM21 I've been pleasantly surprised with so far. It feels much, much faster

Always play with England down to Conference North/South, France to Ligue 2, Germany down to Liga 3, Dutch Eredivise, Liga Nos from Portugal, all Scottish Divisions, Spain down to La Liga 2 and Italy down to Serie C. 

I like to keep an eye on those leagues and how they progress plus it gives me plenty of players in the database.

Always start with Foggia in Italy, Serie C this year.

I saw the answer to the years ago but have completely forgotten :kriss:

Apart from not being able to manage a team in a view only league what impact does this have on things like:

Transfers

Stats - appearances, goals etc.

I have a single playable league loaded with about 20ish view only leagues alongside the large player DB.

12 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

I saw the answer to the years ago but have completely forgotten :kriss:

Apart from not being able to manage a team in a view only league what impact does this have on things like:

Transfers

Stats - appearances, goals etc.

I have a single playable league loaded with about 20ish view only leagues alongside the large player DB.

After a search on google, apparently the only thing view-only does is add league tables and maybe player stats (not totally sure on this tho).

No difference with transfers apparently.

Though player development is the same whether a league is playable, view only or not loaded from what ive read.

Im kinda tempted to add every league i dont have as playable as view only so i can see the league tables just for immersion. Kinda wish there wasa quick option to tick "set all non selected leagues to view only".

Edited by Siven

I only have all English and Scottish leagues loaded as i'm not really interested in other leagues, i usually manage clubs starting at the bottom so for most of my career other leagues don't affect me.

I do however load all international players from all continents as it opens up the possibiliy of managing some lesser international teams, for example in FM19 i managed Malyasia U23s for a while.

2 hours ago, Siven said:

After a search on google, apparently the only thing view-only does is add league tables and maybe player stats (not totally sure on this tho).

No difference with transfers apparently.

Though player development is the same whether a league is playable, view only or not loaded from what ive read.

Im kinda tempted to add every league i dont have as playable as view only so i can see the league tables just for immersion. Kinda wish there wasa quick option to tick "set all non selected leagues to view only".

Cheers mate

yeah I just want the stats and the transfers 

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Does someone have an answer to this please? Is there any advantage going for view only in some nations?

From what i've read, View only just gives a league table and stats. The teams will generate a few newgens, but no more than an unloaded league would.

I think im going to try out the following im FM21:

England and Scotland all leagues playable

Top 2 leagues playable, View only below: Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France

Top league playable, view only below: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Austria, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, USA.

89,080 Large database.

Im only planning on playing as Liverpool, but the other running leagues should give good active transfers and immersion with leagues running and being able to see tables of other leagues. I rarely get past 10 seasons too.

I have an AMD 3600, 16GB 3200Mhz RAM, SATA SSD. So should run well. 

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Siven:

From what i've read, View only just gives a league table and stats. The teams will generate a few newgens, but no more than an unloaded league would.

it's like I described. If you set it to view only, without loading the players from this league in the advanced db setup you are correct. If you load all players from this nation in the advanced db and set it to view only, there will be the same amount of newgens as if you would set it to playable. FM tries to hold the balance of players over the years, so all existing players at a club which are loaded, will be newly generated in the future.

I hope it's clear now.

Cheers

Daveincid

33 leagues

I also use a custom whittled down version of the database for players/staff. Staff has no effect on processing time, so you can leave as many as you want in (I personally use ~120k staff). I use ~78K players, which I find to be optimal. Even lots of non-league nobody clubs are filled out with this. The default selection by FM is quite poor

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, marcomurabia said:

Ensures the top players for each region are present as well as regens. That way you don't need the leagues themselves loaded so speeds up processing a bit. 

Pretty sure view only doesn't add any players, just gives you league tables

2 minutes ago, marcomurabia said:

If you have a league as view-only or not loaded at all, do teams in that league ever make offers on your players? I haven't played enough to see this in action.

There is no difference between view only and non active in terms of transfer activity that I have noticed

I guess you could load all players from the division you are adding as view only separately.  That may have an effect.

For me personally I will always load an extra active league rather than a few view only ones 

• 6 months later...