Brexit in FM21

55 minutes ago, Pantelas said:

If that's the case, doesn't this sound like a bug?

I posted this in the bugs section, could be linked?

Definitely work to be done with WPs and Brexit, way too many inconsistencies in different ways! Really hope a fair and enjoyable balance is found! 

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

I posted this in the bugs section, could be linked?

Definitely work to be done with WPs and Brexit, way too many inconsistencies in different ways! Really hope a fair and enjoyable balance is found! 

Even the wording before that "wage of N/A or above" seems to imply that the application failed!!! ("Upon appeal he would fail to meet the required points threshold")

11 minutes ago, Rakiye said:

I honestly can't understand why SI have decided to flog the Brexit dead horse again this year and attempt to predict various possible outcomes. Especially considering it is less than 2 months to the real decision.

They have deliberately (and rightfully) left out Covid19 to provide us with a bit of escapism from real life. Yet, they have decided to play politics and include a Russian roulette of game changing rules that have yet to be decided. Surely a minor patch could be implemented once the outcome has been determined that kicks in when you start a new game?

After all, why come up with a fake scenario with very obscure rules that quite often spoils a persons game after hours of enjoyment? We all like to start a new game knowing what we are getting into so we can enjoy it. To see your gaming hours ruined by confusing and made-up rules is absolutely soul destroying.

Even if Brexit included harsh restrictions when it comes to signing overseas players, I sincerely doubt it will automatically kick in from midnight 1st January 2021. Its more likely to happen at the end of the season. Covid19 has already damaged domestic clubs beyond measure. To then try to implement yet another set of rules after Brexit, would just be suicide for some clubs. The price of English half decent players is already inflated.

And lets face it, the Premier League and English football provides billions of pounds worth of income to the country and huge entertainment to the world. There is no way on God green Earth that they will accept a restrictive and unprofitable set of rules. Over the years, English football has relied heavily on cheaper foreign players and foreign investment. Entertainment and finance wise. After all, where would we be without Cantona, Fabregas, Di Canio, etc? Because I highly doubt they would be signed with the FM21 saves I have seen...

I think you make some good points in regards to the restrictive rules being accepted in the long term. The rules in combination with inflated British prices don’t make saves enjoyable will clubs outside the top 6 

1 hour ago, Rakiye said:

And lets face it, the Premier League and English football provides billions of pounds worth of income to the country and huge entertainment to the world. There is no way on God green Earth that they will accept a restrictive and unprofitable set of rules. Over the years, English football has relied heavily on cheaper foreign players and foreign investment. Entertainment and finance wise. After all, where would we be without Cantona, Fabregas, Di Canio, etc? Because I highly doubt they would be signed with the FM21 saves I have seen...

Brexit will certainly have restrictions on people coming to England to work. That was probably the one thing that caused it to be voted for. why would the premier league have it's own rules for foreign workers to that degree?  it wouldn't be fair, would it? it almost like brexit was a bad idea.

Edited by V3ntricity

7 minutes ago, V3ntricity said:

Brexit will certainly have restrictions on people coming to England to work. That was probably the one thing that caused it to be voted for. why would the premier league have it's own rules for foreign workers to that degree?  it wouldn't be fair, would it? it almost like brexit was a bad idea.

It wouldn’t be fair in the grand scheme of things, but football always seems to be given “allowances”, for example playing again in Lockdown. Money speaks 

On 13/11/2020 at 18:58, CM said:

I mean, if this a bug I'd rather stop playing until full release tbh. Playing couple of seasons trying to build a squad and then knowing that your save is ruined is a bit annoying. 

you got the same hard brexit i did, can make playing in england very boring if you like signing players outside of our little island. 

i dont wanna agree the save is ruined it just means your massively restricted player/staff wise , grrr lol. 

Edited by Domathon

16 hours ago, Rakiye said:

<snip>

In FM21 I can edit out Van Dijk injury, I can remove Messi unhappiness, I can give Bournemouth a new stadium, I can even put Harrogate Town in the Premier league via the editor. If I want to get rid of a hypothetical rule then that's not so easy... 

Out of interest, how do you remove brexit with the pre-game editor?

On 16/11/2020 at 19:34, Icy said:

Just to understand it, why did these get a work permit without international caps? Was it because the points system? because they came from top clubs (not the case of Caicara)? because high salary? or why?

Caicara - Brazilian - Free Agent - 0  Caps previously playing in Turkey

Mike Maignan - 0 Caps - Lille - 5.2m

Antony - Ajax - 14.1m - 0 Caps

Also why not to make the points visible so at least we know why it was approved or denied? like this player has 14 points, from which 3 come from X reason, 5 from Y reason, etc.

Unfortunately I don't know  the reason behind why they got it and why they didn't. I have continued that save and the PL is still full of foreign signings as expected. 

I was responding to claims it made the game unplayable and ruined the standard of the Premier League, which to me it hasn't. Si have taken a very very educated guess of what is likely to happen after Brexit based on all the evidence available to them. It would have been far more unrealistic to have had no restrictions. 

22 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

It wouldn’t be fair in the grand scheme of things, but football always seems to be given “allowances”, for example playing again in Lockdown. Money speaks 

It hasn't always been like this though. There were foreign player quotas here 25 years ago. We had to change because it was against EU employment law. 

The 17 homegrown players rule exists and is in use now.

Football seems to be hoping to get around these things by asking for footballers to be considered as "entertainers", which will mean far less restriction compared to your average Joe when it comes to work permits.

23 hours ago, Rakiye said:

I honestly can't understand why SI have decided to flog the Brexit dead horse again this year and attempt to predict various possible outcomes. Especially considering it is less than 2 months to the real decision.

Because it is unlikely to stay as it is and the actual outcome won't be known for a couple of months*. Once it's known, they will change it and that'll be that.

*Would be stunned if the actual impacts are known the second we leave. 

22 hours ago, V3ntricity said:

Yes, having a simulation of future trade under the various options has certainly allowed the penny to drop for some.
Those without an interest in that PC game genre get their chance to see how good an idea Brexit was for real in a month.

I am glad it’s been brought up because it’s an absolute killer.

I second the points made that it’s completely speculative yet we should “deal with it” because it’s happening in real life, well, it’s not going to happen the way SI have done it. I think it’s clear rules will be bent for football.

It was all a marketing stunt last year to get FM in the news prior to release, most of the actual player base disliked it last year but dealt with it. This year, it’s even more extreme and I don’t think SI understand how much it puts players off, it has basically made managing inside England redundant for a lot of players.

If SI care so much about the realism of the game, maybe they shouldn’t allow a 23 year old with no football history to take over Liverpool. It’s a football simulation, wait until the actual details are out before jumping the gun and putting ludicrous made up restrictions on people’s saves in the name of “realism”.

This years FM is such a great game but one of my main gripes with FM over the last few additions, is there abandonment of the main player base in chase of headlines and new players. I think we all know who fuels this direction.

Also ask yourself what other country has such strict work permit restrictions in FM? Even countries with extremely strict border controls IRL do not struggle to get work permits from most countries (especially major ones).

The foreign player limits are fine, the lack of ability to get a work permit for anybody other than a decent Prem player is completely wrong and unrealistic.

Suddenly because of Brexit, England has become this hard border version of North Korea where players have to be world stars to gain entry, it’s complete rubbish and not realistic at all.

5 hours ago, nb9 said:

The foreign player limits are fine, the lack of ability to get a work permit for anybody other than a decent Prem player is completely wrong and unrealistic.

Why?  This is exactly how it was in the 90's before EU employment law forced the English league to change.  The first Italian to play in England was in 1995, not long after the rules had changed.

That was the last time England didn't operate in line with full EU employment law/free movement rules.  I'm not sure it's as unrealistic as you think?

9 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Yes, having a simulation of future trade under the various options has certainly allowed the penny to drop for some.
Those without an interest in that PC game genre get their chance to see how good an idea Brexit was for real in a month.

If "Remain" had just gone with "Brexit will make it harder for your football club to sign decent foreign footballers", I reckon we would still be in the EU tbh

1 hour ago, Domathon said:

as my save goes on im starting to grieve massively at all the talent in the shop window (but the windows locked and its bulletproof glass)

If this is the worst thing that happens to you as a result of Brexit, you've smashed it mate 😂👍

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Why?  This is exactly how it was in the 90's before EU employment law forced the English league to change.  The first Italian to play in England was in 1995, not long after the rules had changed.

That was the last time England didn't operate in line with full EU employment law/free movement rules.  I'm not sure it's as unrealistic as you think?

If "Remain" had just gone with "Brexit will make it harder for your football club to sign decent foreign footballers", I reckon we would still be in the EU tbh

I think the global appeal and financial implications of football have developed a lot since then.... 

9 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

I think the global appeal and financial implications of football have developed a lot since then.... 

Completely true, however the global appeal and financial implications have yet to result in any clear indication from the UK government re. What is going to happen to football.

Until that happens, no one knows. The potential for change and variance adds to the game, IMO.

I will personally be disappointed when the game is set to the actual Brexit outcome because the variance will go away.

I’m quite looking forward to the restrictions. It will make a save in England more challenging, and I’m up for that. It will make me focus more on my own youth products.

one thing that is bothering me a little is the rules around WPs. From the pics posted in here I can’t work out how one player got a WP and another didn’t. Some players that got a permit look like they shouldn’t have and others that didn’t get permit look like they should have 🤷‍♂️

ive not read through all this thread so I’m not sure if it’s been confirmed as a bug or not. Hopefully we can get given some info to help us understand the criteria for getting a WP

Agree that this is frustrating - playing as Boro and seeking to hit the playoffs in the first season. First January window comes around, and I've got loads of 18 to 25 year old targets, usually second tier in major countries (BuLi2, Ligue 2, Serie B) or top tier in lesser nations (Croatia, Greece, Poland), none have international caps but they do have a range of first team experience. I have not been able to get a work permit for a single one, attempting maybe a dozen or so loans or transfers.

Now, appreciate that if this is how it's going to be, then replicating it in game is fair enough. But as people have said, while what we know now suggests that these will be the future rules come 1 January 2021, the impact of these rules IRL would have such a massive impact on bottom-14 prem clubs and Championship clubs that it feels inevitable that the final implementation will not be so harsh. The transfer policy of a club like Leicester would be impossible - signing the likes of Kante, Mahrez, Ndidi, Fofana would be impossible under these new regulations. We'll likely find out the reality of these measures in six weeks' time - hopefully that will provide an opportunity to review?

But beyond the rights and wrongs of having this system at all, I think the game could do a better job of explaining it? Screenshot of the rules I have in the Championship:

2069991669_fmwp.PNG.a88ad0ef3d72b24036027f23f71c39fb.PNG

I don't understand the meaning of the text: "British leagues which have squad registrations will now use a 17 foreign player in squad limit instead of the current work permit system."

My reading of that would be that foreign players no longer require work permits at all (as the Prem and Championship have squad registrations) - yet I have needed work permits for any foreign player I've tried to sign in January 2021?

Similarly, the game could do a better job of explaining the points based criteria. Here's a screenshot of a rejection:

image.png.3cadc6716d71035c018fbd3d7b1cb1dd.png

Could the "rules" page explain how many points are available for each of those categories, and how many are required to reach the threshold? And/or the "work permit application result" message could contain a breakdown of how many points that player had got towards his work permit, and what was lacking (e.g. so you would know whether to come back in 3 months after he's played a few more league games, or whether that would simply never be enough)

It is also useful that when you are trying to sign a player, that there is a warning at the bottom of the transfer offer page - but again it would be very helpful to understand why players don't meet the criteria!

Miles speaks about Brexit in FM21 from 12minutes.

To summarise, he says they believe they have a version of Brexit in the game which is the very similar to real life based on the conversations they've had - No idea who these conversations are with but I guess that's their justification.

On 14/11/2020 at 09:25, Domathon said:

I find this extreme difficult mode interesting but like I said already having a large database with 200k players and only being able to sign 4/5% of them It will kill the game for many, this thread will get massive when people who get hard mode brexit realise their peril...

This is the ultimate comment.
What's the point in running a game in the UK with a huge database of players.  You will hardly be able to use any of that database.  I understand the life-like idea and I will accept.
The comments so far range between "omg, turn it off --> why do it before you know --> etc etc.

I am wondering if I can buy that great 17-yr-old, send them to belgium/holland for 3 seasons, and then apply for the work permit once they've started playing.  Is that something possible (still reading the thread)?

On 15/11/2020 at 17:55, sporadicsmiles said:

Are people really complaining about Brexit restrictions? I mean perhaps more people should have voted against it, and then not elected the blond muppet to make a crappy deal. 

Unfortunately this is reality for people now. It is crap. I just had to sort out my work permit to stay on the continent. May I suggest lobbying and doing proactive things in real life to get rid of this travesty? Or if you like the internet warrior thing we could twitter bomb BJ to tell him he messed up our FM21 saves.

Or wait for the release of the game where someone will undoubtedly release a no Brexit file. 

ha-ha-ha.  So true. :)

I have no idea if the rules are realistic or not, but they take sooo much fun from the game. I'm doing a Wigan save, summer of 2023, second year in Championship and it is so difficult to sign new players. The number of potential signins is so small, that whenever I find somebody good enough, he's already playing in Championship for a better team. And even if I manage to find somebody good and interested in joining, the wages and transfer fees are insane for the quality I'd be getting. Of course I can find a good substitute abroad but even if they are regular starters for their nation, they won't get a permit because their country isn't rated high enough. And therefore, I'm stuck with only british players. I can't even sign british youngsters with potential to be good Championship level players, as the demanded fees are insanely high. Those rules create a closed market and, frankly, I can't even imagine getting this Wigan side to Premier League. Sure, I could use some overpowered tactics, but I like team-building and realistic results so getting to Premier League with League One quality players isn't fun for me.

I don't follow british politics, but it's hard for me to think that EFL clubs would accept such limitations (if they can do anything about it).

4 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Miles speaks about Brexit in FM21 from 12minutes.

To summarise, he says they believe they have a version of Brexit in the game which is the very similar to real life based on the conversations they've had - No idea who these conversations are with but I guess that's their justification.

But also mentions that it’s still unknown what will actually happen...

1 hour ago, Iwabik said:

I have no idea if the rules are realistic or not, but they take sooo much fun from the game. I'm doing a Wigan save, summer of 2023, second year in Championship and it is so difficult to sign new players. The number of potential signins is so small, that whenever I find somebody good enough, he's already playing in Championship for a better team. And even if I manage to find somebody good and interested in joining, the wages and transfer fees are insane for the quality I'd be getting. Of course I can find a good substitute abroad but even if they are regular starters for their nation, they won't get a permit because their country isn't rated high enough. And therefore, I'm stuck with only british players. I can't even sign british youngsters with potential to be good Championship level players, as the demanded fees are insanely high. Those rules create a closed market and, frankly, I can't even imagine getting this Wigan side to Premier League. Sure, I could use some overpowered tactics, but I like team-building and realistic results so getting to Premier League with League One quality players isn't fun for me.

I don't follow british politics, but it's hard for me to think that EFL clubs would accept such limitations (if they can do anything about it).

There's very little either the EFL and PL could do other than protest loudly. FA sign off on work permits. One of the few areas where the FA have real authority

3 hours ago, Synthespian said:

What's the point in running a game in the UK with a huge database of players.  You will hardly be able to use any of that database.  I understand the life-like idea and I will accept.
The comments so far range between "omg, turn it off --> why do it before you know --> etc etc.

I am wondering if I can buy that great 17-yr-old, send them to belgium/holland for 3 seasons, and then apply for the work permit once they've started playing.  Is that something possible (still reading the thread)?

I might have misunderstood but them having Dutch/Belgian/any EU nationality won't make a difference I wouldn't have thought because the UK won't be in the EU.

3 hours ago, Synthespian said:

They will have EU nationality if they take it and fulfil the time needed, And playing in england you will be outside the EU, So they will be eligible to play anywhere in the EU but not in england via that status

Other than that you would probably need to loan them and get them to a level where their country calls them up while out on loan to make it work

2 hours ago, cris182 said:

They will have EU nationality if they take it and fulfil the time needed, And playing in england you will be outside the EU, So they will be eligible to play anywhere in the EU but not in england via that status

Other than that you would probably need to loan them and get them to a level where their country calls them up while out on loan to make it work

technically they could be called up for that country, but that's a dangerous game
not good enough to be called up for their original nation, but (after 3-4 years) good enough to be called up for a similarly ranked country (that also ranks fairly highly)

even if you take the shortest route (a SouthAmerican in Spain), then you're relying on "rubbish enough not to represent Argentina/Brazil, but good enough for Spain"?
that's a 3-year project at the very least, and that's a substantial effort to have a decently rated 18yo playing for you

even looking at the lower of the current rankings (current top 50, so 40-50 should be easiest to break in to)
Hungary - 8 years of continuous residence
Czechia - 5 years
Scotland - N/A
Romania - 8 years
Norway - 3 years
Iceland - 7 years

the Norway loophole is the shortest currently (and in theory the easiest to break into), but that's at least a 4-year project
3 years to get nationality (and they tend to not get it instantly), plus then they actually have to be called up for international games
suddenly that 18yo Brazilian isn't looking too attractive, if he can't actually turn out for you until he turns 22 (unless you get lucky with the WP)

Edited by samdiatmh

42 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

technically they could be called up for that country, but that's a dangerous game
not good enough to be called up for their original nation, but (after 3-4 years) good enough to be called up for a similarly ranked country (that also ranks fairly highly)

even if you take the shortest route (a SouthAmerican in Spain), then you're relying on "rubbish enough not to represent Argentina/Brazil, but good enough for Spain"?
that's a 3-year project at the very least, and that's a substantial effort to have a decently rated 18yo playing for you

even looking at the lower of the current rankings (current top 50, so 40-50 should be easiest to break in to)
Hungary - 8 years of continuous residence
Czechia - 5 years
Scotland - N/A
Romania - 8 years
Norway - 3 years
Iceland - 7 years

the Norway loophole is the shortest currently (and in theory the easiest to break into), but that's at least a 4-year project
3 years to get nationality (and they tend to not get it instantly), plus then they actually have to be called up for international games
suddenly that 18yo Brazilian isn't looking too attractive, if he can't actually turn out for you until he turns 22 (unless you get lucky with the WP)

Norway also has the draw back of league quality slowing his development

Just as an FYI to the person reporting some of these posts referring to voting for Brexit, etc, as "politics" and "bigotism", please stop. There's basically no way to discuss Brexit, work permits for UK clubs, etc, without discussing politics - nevermind that everything is influenced by politics, and politics is inherently linked with football, so you aren't going to get posts discussing Brexit's impact on UK clubs removed by reporting them for "politics".

We have plenty enough reports to deal with because of some people's behaviour since the FM21 beta was released, so if you could not waste our time, it'd be appreciated :)

15 hours ago, Iwabik said:

Literally every single business in the UK will have to accept whatever limitations the Government puts in place on immigration & work permit rules after Brexit.  There is likely to be lobbying from the Premier League and English football in general towards concessions for football clubs, but at the end of the day the rules will be the rules.

If anything, as previously stated, the most recent comparable situation saw the FA and the EFL actually limit itself even more than the average UK employer by putting foreigner caps on clubs/divisions.  

Whilst that is unlikely to happen in 2021, what I will say is that the argument of the money in football and the importance of football is quite naïve.  Undertstand why you would take this view, but then I have known of people educated to a high level in things like renewable energy unable to get jobs here because of work permit rules.  That is something far more important scientifically than football, with potential advances being very financially positive, yet the rules have not been bent then, for example.

Again, we are about 6 weeks from 2021 & we still don't know what the rules are going to be.  That should indicate the position that clubs themselves are in, let alone SI.

Gutted, Was seriously impressed with this years game until the brexit rule changes into play, This has totally ruined this save/game for me now, far too restrictive. Large database on and can only sign about 5% of them!? I just dont get why S.I are so hell bent on forcing brexit on us in a game i use for escapism! They should have a tick option pre game for taking it out or i just cant see me sticking with it this year, I play in the Scottish prem with Heart of Midlothian and rely on the foreign market to mount a challenge to celtic and rangers and keep the game enjoyable and now thats it snookered. After one save of an all british team then what else is there to do? wheres the fun in searching through 100 english left backs from league one, two and championship every season? 

Hope they see sense and sort it for release day or that someone knows how to sort it in the editor.

1 hour ago, Darragh1992 said:

Gutted, Was seriously impressed with this years game until the brexit rule changes into play, This has totally ruined this save/game for me now, far too restrictive. Large database on and can only sign about 5% of them!? I just dont get why S.I are so hell bent on forcing brexit on us in a game i use for escapism! They should have a tick option pre game for taking it out or i just cant see me sticking with it this year, I play in the Scottish prem with Heart of Midlothian and rely on the foreign market to mount a challenge to celtic and rangers and keep the game enjoyable and now thats it snookered. After one save of an all british team then what else is there to do? wheres the fun in searching through 100 english left backs from league one, two and championship every season? 

Hope they see sense and sort it for release day or that someone knows how to sort it in the editor.

Welcome to the forum, my friend.

Brexit in FM is nothing new and it won't be changed by SI for this upcomming release of FM. You will probably be able to find a work-around on other forums, but you'd be robbing yourself of a unique and realistic challenge by doing so.

I'm planning on starting a save with a championship team when the full release is out, but a bit worried reading through this thread. Few questions:

1.) Is there a soft Brexit in this years games similar to FM19 and FM20 where not much changes in regards to work permits?

2.) How many different variations of Brexit are there and what are they?

3.) Is it still hardcoded on each save? So I can do a holiday test before I start pumping hours in to find out what sort of work permit rules are set.

4.) When do you find out about Brexit Rules on a save? is there a certain date on each save?

Edited by PAFC_Dugout

19 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

I'm planning on starting a save with a championship team when the full release is out, but a bit worried reading through this thread. Few questions:

1.) Is there a soft Brexit in this years games similar to FM19 and FM20 where not much changes in regards to work permits?

2.) How many different variations of Brexit are there and what are they?

3.) Is it still hardcoded on each save? So I can do a holiday test before I start pumping hours in to find out what sort of work permit rules are set.

4.) When do you find out about Brexit Rules on a save? is there a certain date on each save?

There's only one Brexit scenario in FM21, and the changes to squad registration and work permits are based on what the FA is currently planning on implementing in England from the 1st January 2021. You get notified of the impending changes in approx October, and the rules in the league rules sections are updated from 1st January 2021.

So there's only one set of work permits and rule changes, and baring any major changes IRL, it's likely what will happen IRL too. I imagine, once the FA have formally announced the new rules prior to the January 2021 transfer window, if they're different to the ones in FM, they'd be updated in the Winter Database Update.

24 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

There's only one Brexit scenario in FM21, and the changes to squad registration and work permits are based on what the FA is currently planning on implementing in England from the 1st January 2021. You get notified of the impending changes in approx October, and the rules in the league rules sections are updated from 1st January 2021.

So there's only one set of work permits and rule changes, and baring any major changes IRL, it's likely what will happen IRL too. I imagine, once the FA have formally announced the new rules prior to the January 2021 transfer window, if they're different to the ones in FM, they'd be updated in the Winter Database Update.

Thanks, looks like ill be sticking to British players then assuming Scottish Welsh and Irish players count into a non foreign quota?

7 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

So it seems that the Brexit rules are quite restrictive, but aside from that there is a bug where players are rejected even though it would seem like they should be accepted?

Think the bug is the other way around. Players accepted when they should be rejected. The new rules are incredibly restrictive I highly doubt they will be implemented like this in real life

Edited by benhoward12

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Based on what?

The financial pressure of football. I’m not saying rules won’t be restrictive, but not to this level currently in FM. Nobody actually knows what will happen

Edited by benhoward12

10 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

Think the bug is the other way around. Players accepted when they should be rejected. The new rules are incredibly restrictive I highly doubt they will be implemented like this in real life

Have SI acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it?

16 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Have SI acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it?

Nope, because they've indicated the strictness of work permits isn't a bug. Considering I've still been able to bring in foreign players in my Liverpool save, I don't 100% believe that people are getting "NO FOREIGN PLAYERS ALLOWED AT ALL EVER", you just can't bring in whoever you want like you used to.

However, what might be a bug is whether leagues where you have squad registration needing work permits in the first place:

I'm trying to find out what the situation is so you guys know what's going on :)

4 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Nope, because they've indicated it isn't a bug. Considering I've still been able to bring in foreign players in my Liverpool save, I don't 100% believe that people are getting "NO FOREIGN PLAYERS ALLOWED AT ALL EVER", you just can't bring in whoever you want like you used to.

A Liverpool save is going to be a very different experience to a lot of lower prem teams and lower league English team as you will be signing top national players

7 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

A Liverpool save is going to be a very different experience to a lot of lower prem teams and lower league English team as you will be signing top national players

I hadn't finished my post but had managed to hit submit, so you've missed the rest of it. I'm trying to find out at the moment whether work permits should be getting applied to the leagues with squad registration rules in the first place, or if they're both meant to apply, and if they are both meant to apply, whether the work permits are working as intended.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I hadn't finished my post but had managed to hit submit, so you've missed the rest of it. I'm trying to find out at the moment whether work permits should be getting applied to the leagues with squad registration rules in the first place, or if they're both meant to apply, and if they are both meant to apply, whether the work permits are working as intended.

Sorry! My bad! Thanks for your work!!