Brexit in FM21

15 minutes ago, Pantelas said:

Yes i know that section, but does one know what that threshold is, i.e. how many more points are required, and how those points are allocated?

14 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The threshold is 15 points. I am not playing in the UK - @CJG21 does the game tell you how many points a player has?

Not that I've seen.

It would be useful if there was a way you could get a scout notification when a player you want becomes eligible though, surprised that that's not already a feature.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Yer Maw said:

Only went in to rid myself of Zebre FC, but I couldn’t change anything in European Union.

You will need to do it through the advanced editor I would think. That's how it worked before.

Edited by Junkhead

Brexit is frustrating. I do understand SI's decision to put it in but think it should have been avoided until it actually happens and the rules are confirmed irl. It's all guesswork until then and guesswork is something that FM doesn't really have in any other area.

22 minutes ago, signmeupgaffer said:

Doesn't seem to be working like it did in the old editor. When you run the rules test to verify the changes this is what is happening. 

2020-11-23 (12).png

I know last year any change made to the rules in the english football pyramid broke league 1 because of the bury situation, maybe it's a knock on effect from that since it's referencing the wrong number of teams?

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I don't mind that they've added it in, as long as those who don't want it can remove it easily enough via the editor. 

And right now it isn't an easy fix. When attempting to verify the rules it brings up the list of errors. Makes no sense why the rules are stating there needs to be a minimum of 24 teams in the Vanarama National League, when there are only 23. 

12 minutes ago, jkadms said:

I know last year any change made to the rules in the english football pyramid broke league 1 because of the bury situation, maybe it's a knock on effect from that since it's referencing the wrong number of teams?

which would be the same this year (thanks Macclesfield)

although that's completely unrelated to Brexit... but be careful what you try and edit ;)

Edited by samdiatmh

7 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

which would be the same this year (thanks Macclesfield)

although that's completely unrelated to Brexit... but be careful what you try and edit ;)

that'll be it then, sadly any attempt to change any sort of rule / aspect of the english football pyramid breaks this system, again im not really sure why as like you said brexit is unrelated but that seems to be how it works

11 minutes ago, jkadms said:

that'll be it then, sadly any attempt to change any sort of rule / aspect of the english football pyramid breaks this system, again im not really sure why as like you said brexit is unrelated but that seems to be how it works

you can basically edit the clubs in (example would be to replace Macclesfield with XYZ club)
it's failing due to a certain restrictions (in this scenario it's expecting 24 clubs in the Vanarama national league, and only has 23)

that league alignment has literally nothing to do with brexit (that would be an issue whether you kept them in the EU or not) - it's solely due to the fact that one of the entrants doesn't actually exist anymore (unless Macclesfield are based outside of the UK)

if you're wanting a simple "remove brexit and play normally", it's NEVER that simple
and as this screenshot shows, you effectively need to adjust the English Lower Leagues (and reserves)

edit: if you really wanted to... don't alter brexit and run the same test, and it will give you the EXACT same result
it's not brexit-related, despite you wanting to adjust that (you're running into other fundamental issues)

Edited by samdiatmh

9 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

you can basically edit the clubs in (example would be to replace Macclesfield with XYZ club)
it's failing due to a certain restrictions (in this scenario it's expecting 24 clubs in the Vanarama national league, and only has 23)

that league alignment has literally nothing to do with brexit (that would be an issue whether you kept them in the EU or not) - it's solely due to the fact that one of the entrants doesn't actually exist anymore (unless Macclesfield are based outside of the UK)

if you're wanting a simple "remove brexit and play normally", it's NEVER that simple
and as this screenshot shows, you effectively need to adjust the English Lower Leagues (and reserves)

edit: if you really wanted to... don't alter brexit and run the same test, and it will give you the EXACT same result
it's not brexit-related, despite you wanting to adjust that (you're running into other fundamental issues)

yeah i know last year it would break promotion and relegation but it would at least work and you were able to test / save it, something is obviously different this year 

54 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

Well that's disappointing.  Here I am playing around, just to find out I can't get what I want really anyway... 

Oh well, back to not playing in England.

Trying to sign Matias Arezo, agreed fee with his club and offered him a contract but it says work permit decision on 01/01/2021. Is it because he is not 18 at the time I want to sign him or is it because some other reason regarding Brexit? When I go to transfer section on his profile I can still see ask agent availabiliy whereas everything has been agreed with him. Could others sign him before I get work permit for him as the transfer has not been fully completed? 

Edited by CM

10 minutes ago, CM said:

Trying to sign Matias Arezo, agreed fee with his club and offered him a contract but it says work permit decision on 01/01/2021. Is it because he is not 18 at the time I want to sign him or is it because some other reason regarding Brexit? When I go to transfer section on his profile I can still see ask agent availabiliy whereas everything has been agreed with him. Could others sign him before I get work permit for him as the transfer has not been fully completed? 

It'll be because he's under 18 - the only under 18s that could transfer to the UK previously were those from the EU, but following Brexit, that won't apply either.

Like with the option to enable the agreement option, there is an option to enable or disable required number of teams in each league. That seems to bypass that long message that comes up when trying to test the rules.

It managed to verify the rules for me

Edited by Catley94

3 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

Like with the option to enable the agreement option, there is an option to enable or disable required number of teams in each league. That seems to bypass that long message that comes up when trying to test the rules.

It managed to verify the rules for me

that might give you issues further along with the save

32 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Yeah i'm getting the same.....

and then you verify all that (it's doable), and it doesn't recognise it as a fix - with the ingame league providing the issues that would have passed the validation there

kYlVPxO.png

Edited by samdiatmh

28 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

So you having the same issues?

I'm trying to create a club, and it's a mess

wait... having some validation joy.... it's failing the "advanced rules"
I've currently messed around with that, and appear to have it working

will report back

edit: yep... you'll need to tinker with the advanced nation rules (it passes the basic test easily) - it's the u23 and u18 leagues that cause issues
fixing the advanced nation rules (it doesn't pass that validation first time), allows you to select the league ingame

Edited by samdiatmh

26 minutes ago, micky045 said:

How do you upload a saved game to the Editor?

Trying to do it and can't find the save file in my SI folder on my Mac

Could be wrong, but pretty certain you can't edit an already started saved game. Only the original database to then start a new save with. 

1 minute ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Well that is a kick in the teeth.

I had hoped for one step and free from the (speculative) post-Brexit restrictions.

Extremely frustrating.

Yeah I think we all did, I imagine it's an issue on the SI side and as the full game is out today a lot of people will get on the case. I'm one season through the sim already, nothing out of the unordinary. 

8 minutes ago, toni2244 said:

Somebody has done Steam Workshop add-on in two versions, one with keeping current system and other one with removing work permits all together..  Have to se will they work without crash or something..

That's what I'm doing now. I'm running the one with the WP's still in. Loaded only England leagues down to Van North/South. Going to sim 5 years and check out what happened.