Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, knap said:

@WKTHFC

Man /Position marking may help.Wulf 442 may not be best tactic for this. There are a couple of tactics set up MM , however you still need to follow Rober's guide in google docs post.  A 4141 could be used picking up their DM (or most defensive midfielder) with a MAZ A.

Thanks Knap

Seeing that this thread is an absolute nightmare to find tactics in and ther esults with them.

Is there a 433 with Inverted Wingers/Inside Forwards that still also has a scoring striker?  (A creating midfielder would be nice but not necessary.)

• M 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP 

New_Game_2 (1).pdf 322.53 kB · 27 downloads

ROBER GUIDE TO MARKING

RDF TRAINING

Summary by Rober

1. Get a lot of great fitness coaches, I have six. Three on each category. Put yourself and ass man at normal training categories, add 2 gk coaches for gk. If still room, find some normal coaches with model citizen personality.

2. Instead of training in position, add double intensity on individual training. Then select area which is lacking, f ex final third, that trains decisions and composure like shown here. These will increase very much. I think Almada started with 10 and 13, so +2 and still only 7months of season played.

3. This can be automated under rest in training tab. Select automation on all in individual, then they change according to his fitness levels to protect from training to hard when low fitness after matches, and get injuries.

4. If coaches have Model citizen personalities, you will also have increase in determination for many players. But not always so easy to find.

5. With this we recommend letting ass. man. handling normal training, and not combining this with other schedules, as we have hired may fitness coaches and have just you and ass man on normal categories.

FULL TRAINING INFPRMATION ON FM SCOUT INCLUDING HOW TO SET UP AND ATTRIBUTE IMPROVEMENTS

DOUBLEINTENSITY.thumb.png.a06a8414ed481c29a057d493de07a666.png

RDF TWEAKS

CROSSING CONSIDERATIONS

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

FRENCH UNDERDOG TESTS

C

SHOuTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

--

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

Edited by knap
Removing a link to third party sites.

@Xandinho

Rober has won PL with Oxford Utd using FIRE and MISSISSIPPI and man marking If you follow the guides then you should get similar resuits with good squad building

OXFORDPLWIN.thumb.png.1bc732d7b8157d39c2d59c96806ab8f8.png

1 hour ago, knap said:

@WKTHFC

Man /Position marking may help.Wulf 442 may not be best tactic for this. There are a couple of tactics set up MM , however you still need to follow Rober's guide in google docs post.  A 4141 could be used picking up their DM (or most defensive midfielder) with a MAZ A.

Sorry, could you signpost me to a 4141 you mention? With Man marking

@knap

only me again! I’ve started a game with vale of leithen in Scotland predicted to finish last in bottom tier. Tried fire 4321 and Mississippi but getting pumped.. any suggestions for a tactic which might suit a true underdog? Cheers

edit: using the Beowulf 442 recommended tactic - this more suitable?

Edited by LeedsUnitedLad

Hi @knap 

Starting a save with Shakhtar and was wondering what the best tactic to use was. The reason I ask is because domestically Shakhtar are the top club however in Europe they will struggle against the bigger teams.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Edited by GingeRainbow95

@knap can i use wingers with the wrong foot in 4-3-2-1 tactics (missipi or fire and water)

i'm struggling to get some right wingers and i have ansu fati (he's right foot but plays better on left) and bailey (he's left foot but plays better on right side)

1 hour ago, knap said:
  • M 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP 

New_Game_2 (1).pdf 322.53 kB · 27 downloads

ROBER GUIDE TO MARKING

RDF TRAINING

Summary by Rober

1. Get a lot of great fitness coaches, I have six. Three on each category. Put yourself and ass man at normal training categories, add 2 gk coaches for gk. If still room, find some normal coaches with model citizen personality.

2. Instead of training in position, add double intensity on individual training. Then select area which is lacking, f ex final third, that trains decisions and composure like shown here. These will increase very much. I think Almada started with 10 and 13, so +2 and still only 7months of season played.

3. This can be automated under rest in training tab. Select automation on all in individual, then they change according to his fitness levels to protect from training to hard when low fitness after matches, and get injuries.

4. If coaches have Model citizen personalities, you will also have increase in determination for many players. But not always so easy to find.

5. With this we recommend letting ass. man. handling normal training, and not combining this with other schedules, as we have hired may fitness coaches and have just you and ass man on normal categories.

DOUBLEINTENSITY.thumb.png.a06a8414ed481c29a057d493de07a666.png

RDF TWEAKS

CROSSING CONSIDERATIONS

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

FRENCH UNDERDOG TESTS

C

SHOuTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

--

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

No offense, but copy pasting a huge wall of text and a link with 50+ formations in it with no other context than the name isn't really helpful.

Le 01/05/2020 à 00:45, Rober82 a dit :

Edit: So I have edited the post here to add some about the marking I have used at Oxford climbing up to the PL.
This was discovered first by @Cadoni @RDF Tactics and me, so credit is always shared.
I started using it in the whole league 1 campaign, and also in the championship. The results were great, as the AI mostly had below 10-7 shots total and could not create much. There are probably many ways to do this, this is mine.

I use a tactic with 2 AMcs, Fire and Water p 103, by @knap, and I mark the link between the midfield and the defense.
Normally it is the DLP who is lowest in their midfield, a DMC or a CM who is a bit lower in the set up.

The thinking is to stop the AI from playing out from the back by using the closest MC for marking.
We are in this tactic pressing hard with 2 amcs and a striker, so the more stress the better.
If we make the DLP loose tha ball, great! Maybe he will get stressed an play a poor pass, or maybe he will not get the ball at all.
Maybe he will get it but sees no other option that to play it back to the DC who is then being pressured again.
This can be used against small teams an big teams, but be aware that City might have Rodri, KdB and B. Silva, who are really all playmakers.
But you do not face many teams like that.
So how do you find out who to mark?

The opposition report and the analyst report tells you so much info.

The first page under OI report tells you that when bruno and  pogba is playing together it is Pogba who is Dlp and lowest. You can see that on the picture.

1611694340_2020-05-01(1).thumb.png.06960e1f91cc804026d91005bfdb33b9.png

The second page shows you different things for the last three games. They might have used different roles and players, so look for the one that fits today.
There is also the passing network who shows you who all pass to most, and is in the middle of it.

1608671731_2020-05-01(2).thumb.png.a3359e1c2b4743282c51a386e3aa5dbb.png

Then if you check the "team selection" of AI, it here shows the last game. On that picture you see Fred playing, and as a dlp lower than Pogba.

354890421_2020-05-01(4).thumb.png.64d0c9759c5d887841b127062387d7ab.png

You then know some things.
Bruno and Pogba then Pogba is lowest. Pogba and Fred, Fred is lowest and Dlp.

Then go to marking, and see who is playing. Here it is Pogba and Bruno.

243435893_2020-05-01(3).thumb.png.42807c265c3e4ce9d66407b8caade5df.png

For me it is obvious to try and take Pogba out of the game by using your closest AMC.
This player will be bizzy with this, so use your "least important one" and shift sides if neccesary.

You can check if it is working by checking key passes, "touches" and posession in the report after the game. It's there if you look.

If you are still not sure, check their roles and their key passes in games before.
Some formations are harder than others, and I would encourage you to try it out before asking a question Learn by doing! :)

Good luck!

You say when they play together Pogba and Bruno, Pogba is the lowest, but you choice to mark Bruno ? We have to mark the lowest MC no ?

And I can't see your second SS in my game ? My assitant coach don't tell me things above theirs previous games. Why?

Edited by pinardier8282

2 hours ago, LeedsUnitedLad said:

@knap

only me again! I’ve started a game with vale of leithen in Scotland predicted to finish last in bottom tier. Tried fire 4321 and Mississippi but getting pumped.. any suggestions for a tactic which might suit a true underdog? Cheers

edit: using the Beowulf 442 recommended tactic - this more suitable?

@knap

what we saying? Still struggling for results

4 minutes ago, knap said:

FM 30.4.1

FIRE 7 WATER  VOL 4 RGA 4321 OXFORD TH P95 EC

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1Fire and WaterVOL4RGA4321OXTHP95EC.fmf 45.55 kB · 0 downloads

558415438_Screenshot(1174).thumb.png.7afb39b4c8c0ddd31d6826a6c8eb7a61.png1238616917_Screenshot(1173).thumb.png.daeb7a4514c5d1a4c5f2a7bb05479054.png72750997_Screenshot(1172).thumb.png.da54620b2dc053d9fd7deddbb6b33a52.png

I've never won a champions league final convincingly on this game, they always go to pens.

Do you use Opposition Instructions?

Do you watch the game, or only commentary?

Thanks 

55 minutes ago, pinardier8282 said:

You say when they play together Pogba and Bruno, Pogba is the lowest, but you choice to mark Bruno ? We have to mark the lowest MC no ?

And I can't see your second SS in my game ? My assitant coach don't tell me things above theirs previous games. Why?

No, I marked Pogba. I was just showing how to mark and the dropdown stopped at Bruno. This is for that formation, in another maybe we should mark both.
Use the analysis before the game, and watch how they play out.

Man marking like this depends on the opponents formation.. It's not Plug and Play, and can change from game to game.
Most 70% of games lowest just lowest dlp.
Sometimes both if 2 dmcs. Sometimes both if 2mcs.
Sometimes the dmc and the mc who is leastforwardgoing AND wingbacks. ( Liverpool.)

As for the picture not showing up, Maybe you are missing a data analyst, or a good enough one.

@knap

With the short wide pitch, I've dropped my D-line back to standard and given my defenders instructions to go a bit more direct with their clearances and also focusing out wide a bit more.
Looks like it'll be trial and error for these home games but that's what pre-season is partly for and it certainly worked better, used Wulf 442 with those changes.

Might give Route 66 a go as have a decent TM, will let you know how it goes.

Il y a 2 heures, Rober82 a dit :

No, I marked Pogba. I was just showing how to mark and the dropdown stopped at Bruno. This is for that formation, in another maybe we should mark both.
Use the analysis before the game, and watch how they play out.

Man marking like this depends on the opponents formation.. It's not Plug and Play, and can change from game to game.
Most 70% of games lowest just lowest dlp.
Sometimes both if 2 dmcs. Sometimes both if 2mcs.
Sometimes the dmc and the mc who is leastforwardgoing AND wingbacks. ( Liverpool.)

As for the picture not showing up, Maybe you are missing a data analyst, or a good enough one.

I have resolve the problem to the data analyst, thanks. 

What is "leastforwardgoing" ?

Scored a lot of goals with 4-3-3 Kashmir.  I did use a TFF Fighter tactic away in harder games as this is definitely a little overboard against decent teams away attacking wise but if what makes the game good for you is giving out real beatings and you have a great side then give Kashmir a go.  The 2 defeats were a bit freakish.  A 5-4 away when leading 4-1 but went down to 9 men and arrogantly didn't change the tactic or even sub off the 3 forwards and a 2-1 away when I had 45 shots to their 4.

Mbappe at 33 still fantastic1235232832_FootballManager202005_05_202020_35_53-Copy.thumb.png.c66f44e58ade08c6accabed8404db793.png

Football Manager 2020 05_05_2020 20_32_05 - Copy.png

1 minute ago, jimmyFKing said:

Scored a lot of goals with 4-3-3 Kashmir.  I did use a TFF Fighter tactic away in harder games as this is definitely a little overboard against decent teams away attacking wise but if what makes the game good for you is giving out real beatings and you have a great side then give Kashmir a go.  The 2 defeats were a bit freakish.  A 5-4 away when leading 4-1 but went down to 9 men and arrogantly didn't change the tactic or even sub off the 3 forwards and a 2-1 away when I had 45 shots to their 4.

Mbappe at 33 still fantastic1235232832_FootballManager202005_05_202020_35_53-Copy.thumb.png.c66f44e58ade08c6accabed8404db793.png

Football Manager 2020 05_05_2020 20_32_05 - Copy.png

Looks great. Can you drop the tactic on here bud. Save fighting through the list to find the right one. Thanks

I also have 3 managers in Spain and one in Italy and loan all my top youngsters to them and just holiday.  Entire full squads of loan players from Man Utd.

Alaves played TTF Cerber 

Valladolid TTF Fighter V1

Espanyol Kashmir 433

Torino TTF Fighter V1

Obviously my game has got a bit silly at this point but it's the way I like it 1851503151_FootballManager202005_05_202020_43_30.thumb.png.d1284ee33806cff50ecb4ead90319f42.png

Football Manager 2020 05_05_2020 20_45_03.png

Football Manager 2020 05_05_2020 20_47_39.png

Espanyol also won the Champions League playing Kashmir 4-3-3 with 56 goals in 13 games and 12 wins beating my main Man Utd save with a squad of mostly their players - doh!  As you will see, the players are decent but nothing unachievable for most sides with a decent budget to put together.  Very exciting tactic.350763797_FootballManager202005_05_202021_14_25.thumb.png.b9430051255b2a9504d9beee2c109c88.png276804736_FootballManager202005_05_202021_14_32.thumb.png.a05cddfe2d5fb82bde1c6c196dc05d94.png2029888225_FootballManager202005_05_202021_14_37.thumb.png.93cc636e62c210614fbaa29dfcb31929.png

Football Manager 2020 05_05_2020 21_14_11.png

51 minutes ago, Ianthefatboy said:

currently using it. been working wonders for my BVB Dortmund team 8th season in. plug and play.

4312 narrow ID 1512 for those whose interested

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 03.32.13.png

do you do any training or man marking?

4 minutes ago, gazzahutc said:

do you do any training or man marking?

yes training by RDF. man marking rarely, usually I do man mark against super teams. in 8th season, geez Man City, PSG, chelsea etc, they become superteams. makes me insecure loool. 

off topic, my U19 is also automatically using this tactic, banging in 11,12,14 goals here and there its crazy lmao

2 minutes ago, Ianthefatboy said:

yes training by RDF. man marking rarely, usually I do man mark against super teams. in 8th season, geez Man City, PSG, chelsea etc, they become superteams. makes me insecure loool. 

off topic, my U19 is also automatically using this tactic, banging in 11,12,14 goals here and there its crazy lmao

thanks how long have you used this tactic for?