Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, knap said:

@Dicko1878

Right on right would be starting position but You  can't really tell until you actual play games. Salah is left but nearly always will be on right.

One last question by the way, what types of players do you need for the SS role? I'm thinking Barbosa, kinda of a second striker

37 minuti fa, knap ha scritto:

@radetzky

Bear in mind the Rober did make a few transfers but even so the MM idea appeared to work well, as you can see from Cup Final. 

yeah i see, some quality transfer, in any case it proofs that man marking works.

This tactic has not released yet? isn't it?

I am trying myself an extreme man marking with an Oxford shape tactic but only for very tough matches or when i have to defend the lead.

my striker marks the opponent's lower CM

my AMC marks the other opponent's CM

my AMC marks the opponent's AMC 

Till now has worked 

Now trying it with Everton, no transfers.

I am however using a Fire with 2 pressing forwards and a amc, I think this gives me the best results

Calvert-Lewin is marking Maitland Niles, as he is the mc who drops down to get the ball from the CB. Seems to work better with a PF. The other PF is stressing the defenders, and my AMC is pressing Ceballos both without marking set. Sort of a triangle and Arsenal defence just clear the ball.

unknown.png?width=1043&height=586

When I face a DM Calvert-Lewin marks him. He injured Fabinho, and they could not really create much. Could have been a draw, but we got the winner.

Early in the season you might succeed with the game plan, but still not win. As @knap said they will still manage to score 2 goals on their 3 shots on target :D

image.thumb.png.65e5bb6dedc87f61b1c736165d985966.png

Edited by Rober82

25 minutes ago, Augustin1979 said:

For me, the one you quoted above!

I have really good amc so I’m looking for a tactic that will get the best from them I signed mejbri from Man Utd and also have a really good new gen 

1 minute ago, Scruffer23 said:

I have really good amc so I’m looking for a tactic that will get the best from them I signed mejbri from Man Utd and also have a really good new gen 

I understand. I'm using Mejbri as the MCR in the "BEOWULF 442 W AF VOL 3 POSITIVE P103 ALL CUPS" and his been excellent.

38 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

What tactic is working best for people at the moment 

Tea for One4321OxfordP103

always overachieved with this tactic. Latest was Bolton winning promotion to the Championship in season 1. There are other really good tactics and some are better for this and that team but this tactic works at least fairly well for about any team.

On 07/05/2020 at 00:02, grazdoztrez said:

20.4.1Fire and WaterVol24312P101EC

image.thumb.png.aa9db53ad4c8da5915498c70dfa37d57.png

image.thumb.png.ea1b91a410f40f0c0a8214cf76969373.png

image.thumb.png.87a8264d593bee495a2c1bf3d4bf6b9a.png

Second season with this tactic, first season I switched too late and lost in the playoffs.  Made some shrewd signings and some excellent loans (Kean, Campana, Alvarez, Roberts, Jones).

Thanks Knap

I'm struggling 3rd season, now in the prem.  Got spanked 10-2 by Spurs first game, and have been really up and down since:

image.thumb.png.3fb24a7cc82c97b15b0c151c7bf04cbc.png

We struggled vs Newcastle in a 0-1, then were delightful vs Chelsea in a 4-2 (was 4-0 until 85th or something).  We had much more/better stats vs Saints, 4ccc vs 1 or something and then I sent the reserves out i the EFL.

I find the wingers are almost useless in games.   They rarely attempt crosses, and when they do they usually just blast the ball into the defender which often rebounds perfectly all the back to the opposition forward his is offside and they score, because well, the AI rarely misses a 1-vs-1.

I am not too disheartened as we brought in essentially a new starting XI except the GK, who is not up to prem standard, but the wild inconsistency is the issue for me.  I wouldn't be happy to lose each game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, but when you can put performances together one week and then are just abysmal the next week. I am worried that unless the forwards are OP for the division (as Kean & Campana were in the Championship) that the tactic maybe isn't strong enough to maintain a positive PPG %.

I don't want to get into the spiral of trying to chase results with minor tactical tweaks and changes, and I've moulded the team around these positions, so my options are few at the moment. 

IMO there seems to be major weaknesses in the midfield, and it was also true while smashing teams in the Champ, except there it was perhaps covered up by two OP forwards and some really good loan signings.  In the prem, we are often outclassed by very average teams (WBA, Newcastle, Southampton etc).

image.thumb.png.c223c088538103c12e11118fcd44ec51.png

I am wary attempting to learn a new tactic midseason, but I think I will look to see if there is one which will suit the players available better.

2 hours ago, Rober82 said:

Now trying it with Everton, no transfers.

I am however using a Fire with 2 pressing forwards and a amc, I think this gives me the best results

Calvert-Lewin is marking Maitland Niles, as he is the mc who drops down to get the ball from the CB. Seems to work better with a PF. The other PF is stressing the defenders, and my AMC is pressing Ceballos both without marking set. Sort of a triangle and Arsenal defence just clear the ball.

When I face a DM Calvert-Lewin marks him. He injured Fabinho, and they could not really create much. Could have been a draw, but we got the winner.

Early in the season you might succeed with the game plan, but still not win. As @knap said they will still manage to score 2 goals on their 3 shots on target :D

image.thumb.png.65e5bb6dedc87f61b1c736165d985966.png

Can you link the tactic you are using please?

Ive just started a save in the Brazilian Serie C , what would you recommend as a decent tactic.

Used Fires and Water and Argus on previous saves just think these might be a reach for the quality of the team!

On 07/05/2020 at 15:56, knap said:

FM 20.4.1

BEOWULF 442 W AF VOL 3 POSITIVE P103 ALL CUPS

Salah scored a few goals.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1BEOWULF442WAFKnapVOL3POSP103ALLCUPS.fmf 45.04 kB · 660 downloads

303639905_Screenshot(1193).thumb.png.7772b270b8a0c4456eb5958ff9d68cac.png1731646804_Screenshot(1194).thumb.png.3c08d585b36d72f14a6201dc00d3cd0d.png1984478142_Screenshot(1195).thumb.png.59ac5aaa10350e211454e68f93999cb6.png596324708_Screenshot(1196).thumb.png.3db8712ce1dc42cc03446f2f6e079f80.png

have tried and tested loads of different tactics on FM20 but this is by far the best

this result in my 6th season and 3rd season in the prem. Currently sitting in 4th.

772840243_5-0VSLiverpool.thumb.png.789cf6dc5cbdfc07a1959543892ba38e.png

2 minutes ago, Wallings11 said:

Is the man marking set up in the tactic?

No. So far I use Pressing Forward Left to mark the dmc, or the mc dlp if a flat three or four. Might find more later, but this works really great.
Especially if you have a pressing forward with strength stamina and the usual stuff.

Working well for Everton, no signings.

image.thumb.png.d2edab528dad557d1f95081827d26b44.png

hace 2 horas, Rober82 dijo:

No. So far I use Pressing Forward Left to mark the dmc, or the mc dlp if a flat three or four. Might find more later, but this works really great.
Especially if you have a pressing forward with strength stamina and the usual stuff.

Working well for Everton, no signings.

image.thumb.png.d2edab528dad557d1f95081827d26b44.png

Hey Rober. What do you do to close a game? Also what kind of players have you found more efficient? i´m wondering if the DM is a Casemiro or a Pirlo. Thanks!!

Just now, sergiolagartija said:

Hey Rober. What do you do to close a game? Also what kind of players have you found more efficient? i´m wondering if the DM is a Casemiro or a Pirlo. Thanks!!

i don't need to with this MM. It closes the game for them from the start to the end :D

Both can work. Casemiro then less conceded. Had Docoure at Palace was great. If Pirlo then more goals but a few more conceded.
Still you win :)

10 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

Nobody will tell me that this game is broken ... I'm not one of these teams.

11.jpg

You could go back to any FM and find results like this, literally every FM and football game in general.

4 hours ago, Dicko1878 said:

I've noticed I'm conceding on the counter from corners a fair bit due to a single player being back. If I drop a player back or change the taker, will it make a difference?

Yes, you will concede fewer :)
You may also not score as many either, depending on how you change it.
Tbh, I change them anyway. I can't be having just one player back for corners so I tend to push my DM (or similar) back there too but still make sure I have someone lurking outside the box.
I also change how my team defends everything, especially free kicks.
FM19 and FM20 seem keen on you conceding lots from free kicks because your defenders are idiots, so you have to try and set them up properly.
With the way that long range shots always seem to fly in, when I'm defending wide/deep free kicks, I always make sure I've got a player or two on the edge of the box to close them down. Too many times, they have taken the free kick short and then some moron with a long shot rating of 3 smashes it in from 30yds.

11 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

You may also not score as many either, depending on how you change it.
Tbh, I change them anyway. I can't be having just one player back for corners so I tend to push my DM (or similar) back there too but still make sure I have someone lurking outside the box.

Not really sure this should be happening. He usually is safe and leaves 3 behind. Sure not one or two of the ones left behind somehow are takers or involved? I have 2 back at all times. @knap

2 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Not really sure this should be happening. He usually is safe and leaves 3 behind. Sure not one or two of the ones left behind somehow are takers or involved? I have 2 back at all times. @knap

This is what I have here with Beowulf 4-2-4 

20200509221208_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

This is what I have here with Beowulf 4-2-4 

Oh I thought you said you had only one back :D

Ah, now i see. Your DR has TK on him. Means he is taking the corners. That means on back....

Swap him with MCL f ex.

Edited by Rober82