Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Arf, you're incredible. :D

PL, CL and FA cup not much difference and only "slightly" better than a PL by itself?

ok, each to their own.

You mentioned a clown. Only a clown would rate the champions league as ever so "slight" of an achievement.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still doing this shambles? :D

My word.

Quality of side and achievement don't directly correlate. The 06-07 side was far better than the 2010-11 side and which one got to the Champions League final? You don't go an entire league campaign without losing and not be a great side.

Still doing this shambles? :D

My word.

Quality of side and achievement don't directly correlate. The 06-07 side was far better than the 2010-11 side and which one got to the Champions League final? You don't go an entire league campaign without losing and not be a great side.

Of course the 2007 side was better than the 2011 side. Both teams won the league only that year, so the achievements were the same. When the achievements are the same you can argue which is better.

However when the achievement is so far off, for example PL, CL + FA compared to just PL, there is no comparison.

The united 99 was one of a kind, they had the hardest possible draw in the CL yet came out superior. Combined with tough FA cup draw and a hard fought league.

Club Brugge, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Monaco, or Rapid Vienna in the playoff round for the Champions League.

Screwed if we draw Lazio or Monaco.

Any of them will be absolutely fine. I'd like to play Monaco and show Arsenal how it is done.

Yep, you just need to play like 2002/03 :brock:

It's a bit arrogant to assume that you'd turn over Lazio, Monaco, possibly even CSKA.

If we can't beat one of those teams over 180 mins then we wouldn't deserve to be in the CL. I mean it's not like we are playing Valencia.

It's a bit arrogant to assume that you'd turn over Lazio, Monaco, possibly even CSKA.

Yeah Brugge and Vienna are the standouts from there. CSKA would be undesirable for the travel alone.

Lazio would be bad and Monaco is nasty in slowing down the game and bogging down any attack.

Other teams, including CSKA - should be easy.

What is going on in here? :D

Anyway, 6 games in 2/3 of August should give us quite the early warm up. When was the last time we had this many matches so early?

And will Kane be ready to step right in? :D:D

Would expect us over two legs to get past any of the teams in the draw. Of course there are "easier" ties in there, would rather not have to face Lazio as that would be the toughest possible tie. Would rather the team didn't have to travel to Russia.

Rapid Vienna or Club Brugge please.

have much have we spent this year overall, can't be much accounting for Di Maria and other sales? Obviously Di Maria's contribution wasn't worthy of the fee so we should expect to improve but there must still be plenty in the pot.

83mil from Depay onwards, gross spend.

have much have we spent this year overall, can't be much accounting for Di Maria and other sales? Obviously Di Maria's contribution wasn't worthy of the fee so we should expect to improve but there must still be plenty in the pot.

We've spent £69m (£68.95 if we want to be exact), and including Di Maria we've made £55.6m.

So just under £15m? Would be quite surprised if that is the end of our outfield business this window in that case.

There is Pedro to come in, and if "rumours" are to be believed DDG to leave (Ramos still hasn't actually resigned yet so god knows what's going on yet) and Lloris to come in, and i think he will look for one more outfield player anyway.

There is Pedro to come in, and if "rumours" are to be believed DDG to leave (Ramos still hasn't actually resigned yet so god knows what's going on yet) and Lloris to come in, and i think he will look for one more outfield player anyway.

Isn't Lloris out for another month or so atleast?

Fairly sure £40m could be spent in many far wiser ways than on Harry Kane, for reasons that have been said many times over in this thread.

Anyway, Di Maria officially gone. Glad to see the back of the pillock, and frankly it would be hilarious to see him fail at PSG, if I'm honest.

Fairly sure £40m could be spent in many far wiser ways than on Harry Kane, for reasons that have been said many times over in this thread.

That's just the price one must pay for him being English and for doing business with Levy.

Anyway, Di Maria officially gone. Glad to see the back of the pillock, and frankly it would be hilarious to see him fail at PSG, if I'm honest.

Agree tbh, but more likely we'll ask ourselves why we let such a great player leave after just one season.

Disappointing that the di Maria move didn't work out as he is a great player but he clearly didn't want to be at the club and he would have joined PSG over us last summer for an easier time if he could have. He could have stayed and fought for his place as he has the quality of course to be one of if not the first names on the team sheet but he has decided not to do that. Oh well. Don't want players at the club that don't want to play for us.

Why would anyone not want Kane? He is a great prospect and already very good.

Because it's an awful lot of money for someone with one successful season behind them. See Andy Carroll for the easiest lazy example off the top of my head.

Still rather spend c. £40m on Kane than c.£60m on Cavani mind.

Archived