Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Not heard anything about him yet, but as other young promising players have extended (and getting pro deals), hopefully that is the case with Tuanzebe too (you had a rather unorthodox spelling :lol:)

Given his age it may not happen until next year, however. Depends what deal he is on now I suppose.

We're not as concerned with losing Tuanzebe as we were the rest so I don't think there'll be a rush. He'll sign in tme

Many thanks for the replies, I hope that we get this contract signed in due course, as I do quite like the look of him, and think he has potential to do quite well.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor performance and result last night, ended the tour on a sour note.

Why is Smalling behind Jones in the CB pecking order? He is a liability in every sense of the word. Don't see Blind as a CB, at least not in a two man pairing, he'd be suited rather well as part of a back three though to bring out the ball etc.

Johnstone has really impressed me on this tour, should definitely have a career at United, most likely as a no.2 mind, expect him to go out on loan again this season if DDG stays, which looks very likely at this point. Speaking of DDG, he was poor last night, couple of sloppy kicks and whanot.

We really, really need to sign a top class CB this summer, just pay the buyout clause in his contract and get him signed!

Memphis and Rooney linked up well in the first half, second half not so much but that's a work in progress.

Given that Kosovo were already organised and pushing for recognition at the time he started accepting Belgium call-ups I doubt it. Think he wants to play at the highest level.

Well there are a number of factors that could swing it. Kosovo couldn't play "official" friendlies or competitive games, while Belgium offered that. Plus if Kosovo do join FIFA they could potentially persuade the likes of Behrami and Shaqiri to play for them too so they could have a very strong side indeed.

EDIT this is one example from last year and it's pretty impressive: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZBmwNbIAAAhViZ.png

Not a United fan, but according to the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera you had a 25 million euros bid on Lazio's and Hollands Stefan de Vrij (central defender) rejected. I don't know how reliable that newspaper is, don't shoot the messenger. Just thought I'd share it.

"Good riddance". That's an awful deal :D

How is it "awful" exactly?

That's more in line with his actual value imo and what we should have paid for him last summer. We overpaid for nearly £15m due to not being in the CL. Plus he didn't have the best of seasons so his value has dropped from what we paid for him last summer, and he wants to go anyway. That's pretty much the best deal we are going to get.

Get Pedro in for half the price.

Incredibly disappointing. But definitely good riddance if he said he didn't want to stay and give it another go. Bye bye. Tho I am not sure I am getting anymore names on kits. They keep leaving!!!

Pedro would be nice, but I don't think it is happening. Just doesn't seem like it.....

Incredibly disappointing. But definitely good riddance if he said he didn't want to stay and give it another go. Bye bye. Tho I am not sure I am getting anymore names on kits. They keep leaving!!!

Pedro would be nice, but I don't think it is happening. Just doesn't seem like it.....

I'm sending you one with Jones on the back :brock:

Man Utd going to ever sign an Argentinian midfielder again? Veron, then Di Maria (can't remember any in-between). Both players that had the potential to have very different careers at Man Utd but for one reason or another never reached the heights they were capable of :(

Saw today that with the currency as it is now to last year, in real terms we're making a loss of less than £10million by selling Di Maria for £45million compared to buying him for £59.7million. (Don't ask me how it works, I don't have a clue).

Man Utd going to ever sign an Argentinian midfielder again? Veron, then Di Maria (can't remember any in-between). Both players that had the potential to have very different careers at Man Utd but for one reason or another never reached the heights they were capable of :(

Okay, that's a great point. We really should stick to signing Irish midfielders from Nottingham Forest

£45m-ish million for the AWOL one isn't a terrible deal. Would prefer 50m+ as we know he is great and is bound to refind his form sooner or later (he was good in Copa for instance). Then again, 45m is better than taking him out back and skinning the fecker, so there is that :mad:

Highlight of the tour for me was watching the strides Pereira have made, and the effort he put in. We have a real talent there, and he could well get quite a few games this coming season. Looks talented enough to break into the side without a loan, like Januzaj before him.

Looks like Rooney and Memphis have a good understanding grooming. Didn't come off yesterday, but some promising signs I thought. Would be like going back to the SAF days too, if LVG goes with a hanging/support striker behind Rooney.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/03/adidas-manchester-united-15-16-kit.html

Those are pretty much confirmed at this stage. The black and orange one is a bit interesting but it's the third kit so who cares, they'll probably sell more of them with a marmite approach than trying to please everyone like they do with the home shirt.

The home and away stuff are nice, very classy, white bands are a bit thick but that's about it.

The home and away shirt look pretty good to be honest. Shorts is terrible and likewise the third kit - even changing the logo ffs. White band on the home kit is a bit thick, but if that is the main complaint, we've got it good.

That's once instance I wouldn't mind looking like a fool. However, The figure looks more like Rio returning (which would still be an upgrade on Jones).

That's almost like saying Denis Law would be an upgrade on Rooney. Sure, he was brilliant in his day, but wouldn't be up to much good now.

There's an article on ManUtd.com about how LVG plans to use 433 going forward. Someone posted it over on RedCafe. Happiness all round.

Then people actually started to read the article and it seems LVG classes what we were playing in preseason as 433. Now they are on suicide watch :lol:

Depay is actually the point of the midfield three but is pushed forward to be a second striker. And this will allow Blind to move out of defence when we have the ball.

Archived