Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

So if you don't enjoy De Gea's transfer saga you are troll?

I know he is a great keeper but how any united fan can enjoy our keeper situation is beyond me.

Who said anything about enjoying the situation with de Gea? You're being called out for saying this:

De Gea is treating the club pretty badly. It would be much better if he went AWOL like Di Maria. At least Di Maria didn't care about money, took the fines and forced a move through and united can move on and find a replacement.

Which has nothing to do with level of enjoyment over the de Gea situation at all, and is a truly ridiculous thing to say in any context.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said anything about enjoying the situation with de Gea? You're being called out for saying this:

Which has nothing to do with level of enjoyment over the de Gea situation at all, and is a truly ridiculous thing to say in any context.

If we went AWOL, there will be no situation and everything will be sorted and we can move on rather than being in a mess like now.

Wow. Do you actually think about what you are saying or read your posts back? Go AWOL and there is no situation? You mean other than the fact he is going AWOL, messing the team, manager and players around, messing with manager plans etc?

You've reached the tipping point anyway, you are now on ignore as you're simply to ridiculous to bother with :D

De Gea isn't the one dragging it out though. It's between the two clubs to sort a deal, and we appear to be playing hard ball.

Exactly. DDG probably has very little to say at this stage. Everybody know what he wants, but right now it's up to United and Real whether he leaves now or next summer. Also think the importance of transfer requests is overvalued. In any case it's much better to stay professional like DDG has been, and let clubs and agent sort this out over the next *gulp* four weeks.

I hope he stays, as he will be worth more to us this season than losing him for (probably) a pittance.

If LVG plays him ofc. Which I bloody well hope he does if DDG stays one more year. And if he does... you never know (he said naively... :()

Wow. Do you actually think about what you are saying or read your posts back? Go AWOL and there is no situation? You mean other than the fact he is going AWOL, messing the team, manager and players around, messing with manager plans etc?

You've reached the tipping point anyway, you are now on ignore as you're simply to ridiculous to bother with :D

Well there is no situation with Di Maria now is there? He has left, we can move on. You would rather him still being here, taking wages an letting everything drag on?

He's well within his rights to run his contract down if he wants (see Milner last year). As long as he gives his all while he's contracted you shouldn't blame him

Not ideal, but it's the club's problem (which they need to resolve by selling or accepting he may leave on a free) not his

As long as he doesn't Winston Bogarde it.

Also if Johnstone does get regular games he'd be the first "Big 4" goalkeeper to get regular games as a product of the youth system for a very long time won't he? Arsenal and Chelsea don't have anything like that, and Joe Hart played for three years in League Two with Shrewsbury before being signed by City.

Squad numbers just announced, Memphis quickly taking the #7 as Di Maria has kindly pissed off.

What numbers are Schwein and Sneiderlin?

Squad numbers just announced, Memphis quickly taking the #7 as Di Maria has kindly pissed off.

Good for him. Not too surprised. Actually think we have a fantastic talent in Memphis, and I hope he has a great season already now. 10+ goals?

Hopefully a much better #7 than the last three ones.

Hopefully he does a lot better than the last two to wear the number.

Strange to look at the list and not have either a #2 or #3. Or indeed a #9.

Also just seen that he apparently asked for the number, which I guess shows a lot of confidence if true.

I see Valdes, Powell and Varela haven't been given numbers so they're all going out at least on loan. Can see Valdes agreeing to a loan deal even though he doesn't want to be sold.

Would laugh if Johnstone impresses enough against Spurs to warrant LvG wanting to keep him and promise him gametime, and instead offers Valdes to Preston.

Johnstone's been at United since he was 16, so 6 years. Van Gaal has apparently implied that Romero isn't match fit, while he wants Lindegaard and Valdes gone.

Unless it's true that LvG is trying to get rid of de Gea in which case Romero/Lindegaard/Johnstone will play

Seems I was right more or less.

Johnstone had by all accounts a very good loan at Preston last season, he impressed on the tour and knows the players slightly better than Romero who isn't match fit and has never played for the club. Got to be Johnstone in goal imo.

Expect that Cillessen will be signed up pretty soon. Only got this season left on his contract too so should be able to get him for about £15m or so.

Would rather see Johnstone impress and earn the spot at least until deadline day, then if he's still doing well be kept as understudy/rotation with Romero. Would save money, aid Johnstone's development and basically be wins all round.

There is no winning with De Gea leaving or staying, just like there was no winning with the Di Maria situation but at least he made it easy for us and the transfer didn't take long. Leave: We lose a world class keeper but get a small fee, Stay: We have a keeper who doesn't care and leaves for free next year.

Madrid doesn't want to pay hence no bid, De Gea seems content to take a big signing on fee next year and wants his loyalty bonus hence no transfer request.

Fully expect the side to be this today;

Johnstone, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Young, Depay, Rooney.

Not what I'd want, but what I expect.

Smalling in for Jones I fear.

There is no winning with De Gea leaving or staying, just like there was no winning with the Di Maria situation but at least he made it easy for us and the transfer didn't take long. Leave: We lose a world class keeper but get a small fee, Stay: We have a keeper who doesn't care and leaves for free next year.

Doesn't care if he stays, (and indeed plays)? So he's got no professional pride at all that will drive him to perform as well as he can?

Smalling in for Jones I fear.

Fear? Didn't you watch Smalling in the latter few months of last season? Ludicrous if he doesn't play. :D

Why anyone would prefer Jones over Smalling is baffling.

The fact there is even a discussion come the first game of the season that we start with Blind at CB really is saddening. How the **** has our CB area not been improved yet?

Doesn't care if he stays, (and indeed plays)? So he's got no professional pride at all that will drive him to perform as well as he D

Well he is by far our best keeper and he has been dropped. Your question has been answered.

Of course he wants to leave but he doesn't seem bothered too much to leave next year hence no transfer request.

No it hasn't...it's one game

For him to be dropped for the first game of the season, what commitment do you think he has shown in the past 2 months?

He is contracted to us, he should either show full commitment for just go AWOL and get a transfer. Both outcomes would be better for the club than what he is doing now.

I don't care about how things look, I only care for outcome. What Di Maria did looked very bad but the outcome was everything was sorted quite quickly and we can move on. Nothing worse for the club to have this hanging over our heads for a long period of time.

For him to be dropped for the first game of the season, what commitment do you think he has shown in the past 2 months?

He is contracted to us, he should either show full commitment for just go AWOL and get a transfer. Both outcomes would be better for the club than what he is doing now.

I don't care about how things look, I only care for outcome. What Di Maria did looked very bad but the outcome was everything was sorted quite quickly and we can move on. Nothing worse for the club to have this hanging over our heads for a long period of time.

What are you talking about, commitment? Van Gaal explianed the issue, and he's right; with this potential deal still being present, he can't possibly be in the right frame of mind. Only natural, no?

And stop talking about going AWOL as if it's a sensible soltution you muppet. :D

What are you talking about, commitment? Van Gaal explianed the issue, and he's right; with this potential deal still being present, he can't possibly be in the right frame of mind. Only natural, no?

And stop talking about going AWOl as if it's a sensible soltution you muppet. :D

You obviously enjoy this saga and want things dragging on as long as possible so De Gea can stay for a few extra months. However is that best for the club?

Sid seems like the type of guy that will go AWOL if he impregnated a woman by accident with his reasoning.

You're an idiot, don't use your life and family experiences to judge me. My reasoning is always based on what is best for the club.

You obviously enjoy this saga and want things dragging on as long as possible so De Gea can stay for a few extra months. However is that best for the club?

Is it best that we have one the best three goalkeepers in the world for the next few months? Yes.

Is it best that we have one the best three goalkeepers in the world for the next few months? Yes.

fair enough if you think that is best for the club. However having an unhappy, unwilling, uncommitted world class player isn't great IMO. Look at Di Maria.

fair enough if you think that is best for the club. However having an unhappy, unwilling, uncommitted world class player isn't great IMO. Look at Di Maria.

You don't know if he's unwilling and uncommitted. Stop making assumptions on the basis that he's been left out for one game. That's just stupid. :D

You're an idiot, don't use your life and family experiences to judge me. My reasoning is always based on what is best for the club.

I'm actually laughing at this :D What an idiot thinking I'm using my family experiences. You just seem like someone who rather run away from a problem hoping it will resolve anyways rather than take responsibilities and face the problem on your own if you're that adamant on reaffirming Di Maria's actions as better than De Gea's.

Simply ridiculous this.

It must be the only club I can think of that has had a world class keeper, a top class back up and neither can be selected as, well basically they don't want to be at the club!

Add to that, the first CB name on the teamsheet is a guy that made his name as a left back and a holding midfielder, how these things managed to go through the entire close season and not be sorted is pretty poor.

Lots of options in the middle of the park though eh!

I'm actually laughing at this :D What an idiot thinking I'm using my family experiences. You just seem like someone who rather run away from a problem hoping it will resolve anyways rather than take responsibilities and face the problem on your own if you're that adamant on reaffirming Di Maria's actions as better than De Gea's.

No, I'd rather a hard working committed player. However if it is a choice between two bad's then I'd rather have Di Maria's actions as the outcome will actually be better for the team as proven, everything sorted quickly.

It's like someone say handing in a 1 month notice for work and just not bothering turning up for work afterwards or someone staying, not committed, doing very little work and keeping the company guessing so they can't plan ahead and settle. Both are bad but the latter is much worse.

There's no point speculating about De Gea being dropped. You don't whether that is down to him not being in the right frame of mind, LvG not willing to play him if he's not 100% committed or if the club don't want to risk him getting injured if a deal with Real and Ramos is still possible. It's probably all 3 things. It will either happen or the transfer window will close and things can settle down for the year. Obviously it's not great to be in this position for the next few weeks though.

Archived