Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Looks like it might be a case of who blinks first then coming up to the end of the window. I imagine de gea's agent has partly sorted a contract already and it's just the two clubs to agree something.

I wouldn't expect to get a record fee though. I'm expecting maybe 20m max.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Madrid doesn't cough up enough to sign him before the end of the transfer window I would sit him on the bench until he signs a new contract.

He can go to Madrid if they pay his worth, or he can have a season out.

He wouldn't be 100% here if he was to stay anyways. 50/50 challenge, would he go all out for it? I doubt it.

He wouldn't be 100% here if he was to stay anyways. 50/50 challenge, would he go all out for it? I doubt it.

Yeah, thats my thinking. And he hasn't looked the same since this started. Even at the end of last season, lapses of concentration were sneaking in

We'll get £25m at the most, no chance of Ramos or a world record for a GK when he has less than a year on his deal. Good to see we aren't being dictated to by the circus in Madrid mind, hopefully they get it sorted but make Real wait until the final days, get Cillessen in asap in the meantime though.

Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Rooney.

Subs: Johnstone, Valencia, McNair, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Young, Chicharito.

Happy with that. Januzaj as the no.10 and Depay on the wing. Gah, beaten to it by the Icelander :mad:

We did fine last season with just Carrick as DM. It was only when he was out injured and we used Fellaini and Blind there that things went pear shaped. Now we've got 3 guys who can play there, we should be cool. Ah well, we'll see what happens tonight.

So, no place for Fellaini. Shows how much depth we all of a sudden have in the middle. Now, we need them to dominate. Would like to see him play soon tho. He was impact for us last year.

Fellaini is suspended for three matches

Fellaini is suspended for three matches

Riiiight. Moving on. :D

No Jones. Blood clot in leg? How does that happen with a guy that moves around as much as a footballer? Amazing. (Queue horse neighing...)

Anyway, hoping the midfield is very effective today. Hating the thought of an early Villa goal and us chasing the game. Other way around and we probably stroll.

Riiiight. Moving on. :D

No Jones. Blood clot in leg? How does that happen with a guy that moves around as much as a footballer? Amazing. (Queue horse neighing...)

Anyway, hoping the midfield is very effective today. Hating the thought of an early Villa goal and us chasing the game. Other way around and we probably stroll.

long haul air travel is probably the cause

Only Herrera missing from the team I posted last week, so according to Dion we have no chance :(:p

Should be winning this by a couple but we weren't great away from home last season. A Rooney Hattrick would set us and him up nicely for the season :D

Decent team performance but very sloppy. We're so ****ed without a striker though, can't keep slugging through matches with 10 men.

The pile of **** strikers is causing the same problems it did last season. He doesn't trust one of them to play up top so he's trying to pad it out with numbers and formations. Last season it was 2 up top, diamond or Mata/Fellaini/Di Maria in behind and this season it's the 4-2-3-1 with Depay or Januzaj instead of an extra man in midfield. It worked because we got the goal, but our football is better with a 4-3-3 so finding a striker who LvG can trust has to be the sustainable solution. No idea who that would be though.

Very impressed with the defence, if Shaw stays fit then we have ourselves two ridiculously good full backs on our hands. Smalling is gradually getting more and more impressive, really beginning to command the backline now.

And here I was worried our defense would be the weak point at the start of the season. Looking solid, knock on wood. 6 points without really doing anything at all. Almost feels like we've played two friendlies. Hopefully the attacking play will come, but we really need another option up front imo.

Rooney was awful, simply awful, personally thought he even looked unfit, pretty scrappy game really, good to see another 3 points and a clean sheet, but need to start getting more shots off and scoring more in the coming games! Great to see Januzaj get game time and a goal :)

Very impressed with the defence, if Shaw stays fit then we have ourselves two ridiculously good full backs on our hands. Smalling is gradually getting more and more impressive, really beginning to command the backline now.
And here I was worried our defense would be the weak point at the start of the season. Looking solid, knock on wood. 6 points without really doing anything at all. Almost feels like we've played two friendlies. Hopefully the attacking play will come, but we really need another option up front imo.

Agreed. Villa didn't have so much as a sniff in the first half. We actually looked strong at the back. Second half was a little more tense, but they were chasing the match, and they held up strong no matter how many times we gave it away at midfield.

Rooney was awful, simply awful, personally thought he even looked unfit, pretty scrappy game really, good to see another 3 points and a clean sheet, but need to start getting more shots off and scoring more in the coming games! Great to see Januzaj get game time and a goal :)

Not going to say he wasn't awful. Just reminded that he is a player that has always needed to play. The older he gets it probably takes a little longer for the engine to fully fire up. If he is like this still by the end of our 6 match August then we are in trouble with him up top. I, for one, do not think that will be the case.

Remember how bad Smalling was against City at the Etihad last year? Got a completely different player on our hands now :thup:.

Isn't it great to see? Takes the ball out of defense confidently. Shouting to teammates about where they should be. Chasing down defenders. Almost reminds me of...

:D

Suppose we shouldn't overlook the panic at the end of the Spurs game, but that aside we've looked much more solid so far this season.

Would like to see more chances and exciting attacking play, but hopefully that comes. 6 points from 6 is the main thing after all. Already ~half the points we had after 10 games last season :D

Suppose we shouldn't overlook the panic at the end of the Spurs game, but that aside we've looked much more solid so far this season.

Would like to see more chances and exciting attacking play, but hopefully that comes. 6 points from 6 is the main thing after all. Already ~half the points we had after 10 games last season :D

True, but did they really create a clear cut chance that they absolutely should have buried? I don't think so. And, Villa didn't have one today. We gave up at least one ccc per match last year; per half really. So far, the backline is promising. Still want a CB, but this looks pretty good.

Rooney had one touch in the Villa box all game. And it was his last touch of the game to put it out for a throw :rolleyes:

Need a new striker before the end if the window more than any other position.

Pay £60m for Kane if that's what it takes.

Another win, which is the most important thing, but we aren't going to win a high enough percentage of games as we need to where we put in performances like this. I genuinely think if Rooney had have sat the match out and we'd played with 10, absolutely nothing would have been any different. Such an ineffective shadow of what he once was, a long time ago.

Darmian was brilliant yet again, save for getting away with a pull on Richards (I think it was?) Shaw on the left showing that he can really be a great LB for us in the long-run. Smalling again with a solid performance and showing good composure and leadership skills. Depay and Mata were good but nothing special. Mata played two amazing balls for Januzaj and Depay, but other than that was a bit of a passenger and also tried to play a pretty good through ball for Villa. Schneiderlin and Carrick did their solid roles in the middle. Januzaj was poor I felt, other than the run and finish for his goal. And, as I said before, Rooney was just dire. Such an awful touch and just looks more sluggish with each appearance.

It's just a little depressing that none of our attacking players really excel or put in a fully exceptional performance, and as a whole they do some good stuff with touches of class but overall don't look that dangerous or exciting.

Looking a lot better defensively as a unit, and feel that Smalling, Shaw and Darmian are the future at the back for us for a long time, hopefully, but still in need of a proper CB alongside Mike as Blind isn't the long term option despite him gaining MOTM tonight. Think it still speaks a lot of our overall game that we have won both matches so far and yet a defender has been MOTM on both occasions.

quite sloppy but the defence is fine really; darmian, smalling and shaw are playing very well, and even blind's doing alright as stand-in. it's up front we're struggling. rooney was absolutely awful, my word. how he still starts every week is uttery mystifying. abysmal. also think we look much more in control when schweinsteiger replaces carrick (as he has done both games after an hour or so). him, schneiderlin and herrera (or a second striker) should be our setup like i was saying a month ago.

Darmian was brilliant yet again, save for getting away with a pull on Richards (I think it was?)

It was a blatant grab around Richards neck. Should have been a yellow and a penalty and then he should have had a second yellow for that challenge early in the second half.

Fine lines but so, so lucky.

Archived