Football Manager Handheld 2015 Official Feedback Thread

You didn't happen to save the match at all did you? This is something we'd be keen to look into.

Yeah, it was the last match played on my current save.

One thing to add. Although, it appeared that the 2 substituted players remained on the pitch (in effect giving the impression that the substitutions hadnt taken place), I was only allowed to make 1 further substitution in the game.

The recommended match engine when I loaded the game was for the "old version" but I changed this to use the enhanced match engine. Just wondering if my device not being able to cope with this contributed in any way to this issue ?.

Let me know the information you need to enable you to have a look. Cheers.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Yeah, it was the last match played on my current save.

One thing to add. Although, it appeared that the 2 substituted players remained on the pitch (in effect giving the impression that the substitutions hadnt taken place), I was only allowed to make 1 further substitution in the game.

The recommended match engine when I loaded the game was for the "old version" but I changed this to use the enhanced match engine. Just wondering if my device not being able to cope with this contributed in any way to this issue ?.

Let me know the information you need to enable you to have a look. Cheers.

Any other info at all regarding the exact way/order in which you made the tactics changes and subs would be amazing. This won't be down to your device but likely an obscure order of doing things breaking something in the tactics session.

I've played all the FMH versions so far, but this is a great edition. The new way of watching games is really good and gives more depth to the game. One thing I was wondering, how can I save/download games to watch it later. I mean that left 'download like' icon in the match. I can't touch it. Is that something you only can do if you purchase the editor?

• SI Staff
I've played all the FMH versions so far, but this is a great edition. The new way of watching games is really good and gives more depth to the game. One thing I was wondering, how can I save/download games to watch it later. I mean that left 'download like' icon in the match. I can't touch it. Is that something you only can do if you purchase the editor?

You can save matches once the full-time whistle blows...

• SI Staff
The match engine on enhanced which was suggested for my galaxy s4 micro stutters during the matches. I would think that the game would play perfectly smooth on this device. Is anyone else having match stuttering issues?

There are a vast number of chipsets and suchlike for Android devices especially; we do our best to ascertain and suggest a sensible setting for the match; however if you're having issues then I'd recommend you drop down to the original match engine.

(we will obviously continue to tweak and attempt to improve performance during updates - but the new engine is very intensive for a mobile device)

There's a button on the bottom left that becomes active at full time

Oh right I hadn't noticed at all. If this is a feature, it should be very easy to implement a replay feature? So you can see individual events again? E.g. A goal or a red card? Sometimes something distracts your attention for a second and then you're a man down. It would be good to know what happened, but not have to watch the whole match again.

Just timed a match on an iPad mini. Took 5m 53s, commentary only, very fast, key only. This is using the enhanced engine. About 2 or 3 times slower than FMH14... I don't really mind, but it's quite annoying have to wait that long for one game. By the time you have had half time and made tactical changes you're looking at almost 10 minutes per game.

Just timed a match on an iPad mini. Took 5m 53s, commentary only, very fast, key only. This is using the enhanced engine. About 2 or 3 times slower than FMH14... I don't really mind, but it's quite annoying have to wait that long for one game. By the time you have had half time and made tactical changes you're looking at almost 10 minutes per game.

Yeah, I'm a little confused about the match speed. I thought that FMH 2014 operated in a way that allowed you to have the commentary be Very Fast if you wanted, but when it showed the pitch-view highlights, the speed was normal. Is there a setting that I can turn on to get the commentary to go very fast, but the pitch-view moments to go at a more normal pace?

Nexus 4 AOSP Lollipop.Matches are far too slow and stuttery with the enhanced match engine.Is the 'original' M.E essentially a tweaked version of last years?Was looking forward to the new M.E but there is no way I can play with it, especially as most of my FMH game time is whilst on the train between Derby and London.

Not sure if this is just happening in my games but my Fullbacks/wingbacks seems to be getting ALLOT of yellow cards, often results in two yellow = red card. One player this happens to often to is

Luke shaw at Manchester United. These many yellows every singel game does not seem realistic due to his aggressive stats etc. Nor does he have poor tackle or decisions.

Feedback please?

To Marc V. or anyone with the knowledge can Note 3 handle the new match engine? If you guys could kindly answer this or make a list of what type of phones or devices that can and can not handle

the new engine.

So the game. My Note 3 seems to be running the new engine (im not 100% sure though). But the players in the 2d is moving smoother the on fmh 14, which is absolutely FANTASTISK. I know feel i

can monitor the tactic from watching the game and make adjustments from here. And if it does not work, well then it seems its not the players day or he simply isnt good enought for the team.

There are couple of stuff i miss, like new player roles such as fals nine/ten or deepling playmaker (or is the deepling midfield as the same as deepling playmaker?). And options like man mark or zonal mark, this is a must to add into the game. Hopefully we will see this on next fmh. It is not good enough to say "play offside trap will make u play zonal", if u say this then you have no understanding of football what so ever. Zonal marking and man marking are as different type of markings as white and black is different (no racism in mind).

Well im sit back with a good feeling for now regarding the new FMH 15! Great job Marc.V and rest of the team!

After editing players to be really good in a conference South team. The coach report on all the players becomes five stars, even the really awful ones...?

That's because they are now 5 stars for your team level. It's not saying they are as good as Messi an Ronaldo :)

Everything is just wonderful in this new FMH15

One little option that could give more interaction during the much would be the option of "Team Talk".

Pre-Game, Half-time and Full-time options would increase my managerial skills with my players... some time my players just need to remember that "they are not alone"

Sorry guys but you made me use it a lot on FM14 PC ...

Look forward to it...

Ah also the ball, if you could make look like a real shaping ball .... 100%

Keep up the good work.

Playing the game on my galaxy note 2 and galaxy tab 10, the 'real' match engine is a superb addition to the series, well done. No stuttering but could do with a 20% speed up between the events, I'm sure that you'll improve that over time now the engine is in.

I also seem to be able to offload players easier this year, which is good.

The only thing that's missing for me now is.. the ability to assign squad numbers and maybe some generic teamtalks.

Everything is just wonderful in this new FMH15One little option that could give more interaction during the much would be the option of "Team Talk".Pre-Game, Half-time and Full-time options would increase my managerial skills with my players... some time my players just need to remember that "they are not alone"Sorry guys but you made me use it a lot on FM14 PC ...Look forward to it...Ah also the ball, if you could make look like a real shaping ball .... 100% Keep up the good work.
Please no, leave team talks out of FMH. Team talks (along with player conversations and press conferences) have ruined the pc version. Morale is effected far too much by these features. FMH is supposed to be a streamlined version (much like what CM01/02 is in comparison to the latest PC games). I would prefer to see would prefer to see transfer fees and wages worked on long before anything like team talks. Long term FMH games have crazy fees and wages.

There's a button on the bottom left that becomes active at full time

Probably a dumb question, but how do you view a match you've saved?! Can't for the life of me work it out!

Like the other user, what I really want at the end of the match is a way to view the highlights/match report. I rattle through it so quickly that I often miss key events, and would like to review how goals were scored/who to blame for goals conceded!

Probably a dumb question, but how do you view a match you've saved?! Can't for the life of me work it out!

Like the other user, what I really want at the end of the match is a way to view the highlights/match report. I rattle through it so quickly that I often miss key events, and would like to review how goals were scored/who to blame for goals conceded!

You have to exit the game and then at the bottom right there is a button called View Match.

Please no, leave team talks out of FMH. Team talks (along with player conversations and press conferences) have ruined the pc version. Morale is effected far too much by these features. FMH is supposed to be a streamlined version (much like what CM01/02 is in comparison to the latest PC games). I would prefer to see would prefer to see transfer fees and wages worked on long before anything like team talks. Long term FMH games have crazy fees and wages.

Totaaly agree, no team talks or even worse press conferences !

You have to exit the game and then at the bottom right there is a button called View Match.

Thanks Dan13L - would never have found that! Not very intuitive in my opinion.

I think this could be a great feature, but not for the reason it was apparently implemented. It may be nice to save games for posterity, to re-watch cup finals and the like, but I think it's much more useful to analyse key points straight after a game - how goals were scored and conceded etc. It's very easy to miss things in real time.

I play attacking, short passing with 2 IFs and a Treq up front.

Every game I get the message about striker not winning aerial balls or whatever the wording is - the striker has heading of 10 so can I do anything to avoid balls being pumped into the box?

I thought not using direct would avoid this but maybe not

Please, delete commentary in BASIC mode during 2D.

Please, let us all time in the pitch. I lose several goal becouse 2D mode come backs in BASIC mode commentary.

If i would you like only comments i could put this mode, but if would watch match only in 2D, please let me watch it.

Thanks

Nope.

Yep.

Although I will say that the new match engine is an absolutely massive improvement. It's far more obvious now how your tactics manifest on the pitch. But yes there should be more scope within the tactics.

Sad to hear, I guess I'll wait for next year's version to buy a new instalment.

And all is due to the new match engine. I don´t know how you did it since every time this topic was discussed in the past not much hope was instilled due to OS/device restrictions in the mobile space, but certainly you finally were able and willing to pull it off.

And all of a sudden, FMH is so much more engaging. It´s priceless to see your substitute player turning around a match by scoring twice within the space of 10 minutes with a nice build up to watch, or this screamer of a shot from 25 yards winning you the first round in the FA cup in stoppage time when for 90 minutes the opposition was able to scramble away every ball well before the goal area.

Now, if the tactics module could see an upgrade/enhancements next time around..... :)

Congrats SI, Marc, Alari et al. The game is worth every penny. Also, the new UI is really nice.

BTW, I play FMH 15 on a Galaxy Tab 3. I loaded the large database and all leagues in England. There is no noticeable lag and the match engine plays just fine. Processing is super fast. The only time the match engine could stutter a bit is when many background tasks are running. I would recommend to everyone to minimize background tasks and you should be fine running the new engine.

One technical question if you don´t mind: which PC match engine version is this handheld version based off?

• SI Staff
But it's saying that even about the ones whom I have not edited!

Interesting, do you have any screenshots of this? Were they definitely below 5 stars before the editing? Have they had good ratings in recent matches?

• SI Staff
Sad to hear, I guess I'll wait for next year's version to buy a new instalment.

Don't forget the addition of the Sweeper Keeper role. ;)

That role has made a big difference for me personally since I almost always play Attacking with Offside Trap.

Good installment, match engine is much better than in 2014 and 2d is therefore much wathable.

Two drawbacks that drive me back to computer version of the game:

- lack of leagues. Would really like to play in Ukraine (as other people in their native leagues) leagues, at least top tier;

- lack of network game via Game Centre or any other server/hub. At least via wifi.

Apart from making this game more likable for people in counties that are not currently present among available leagues, it would also be a nice marketing tool for getting more people to FM franchise - I have a number of friends that like football but are being put off from full FM due to its complexity, though are fine to play FM in case their favorite team is there and online game is available.

Everything is just wonderful in this new FMH15

One little option that could give more interaction during the much would be the option of "Team Talk".

Pre-Game, Half-time and Full-time options would increase my managerial skills with my players... some time my players just need to remember that "they are not alone"

Sorry guys but you made me use it a lot on FM14 PC ...

Look forward to it...

Ah also the ball, if you could make look like a real shaping ball .... 100%

Keep up the good work.

Also add a replay option... For goals

Really improve the soccer ball...

Something that irks me is that certain bugs or errors that have appeared in previous versions of the game carry through into the latest releases. For example, I read the Pocketgamer review today and they quote:

"If an opposition team report is going to recommend that I man-mark a particular player, why not offer me the option to assign a specific member of my team to execute such a task?"

Obviously this a criticism from Pocketgamer of the lack off tactical options for match tactics but I would like to know why things that such as obsolete news items are still appearing in the latest releases when they were deemed an error in older versions of the game.

I know quite a few people have complained about the processing during matches during half time and after subs have been made - what is the reason for this? Why is it necessary? It's a real step backwards. Surely this can be done behind the scenes? Is it to speed up the processing of scores after the match has finished? Can you please add an option of stopping processing scores during a match?

I for one don't like seeing scores from other games until after my own game has finished, so the processing acts as a spoiler in that respect. Especially if it's on the last day of the season, at the end of the match I like to click continue and be met with the "wins the league" screen.

By the way, why are we still seeing the exact same newspaper headlines and accompanying images after all these years? Surely you could find something new for these? I would like to see something a bit different here as a reward for winning a competition.

One other area that has not improved is the player interaction. Basically you are better off always defending a player no matter what he says or does as doing otherwise puts you at risk at upsetting the player and/or his teammates. There is no skill involved here, it all seems to be luck whether the board agree with your decision or not.

Player roles - why can't we agree these when a player signs a contract? If I hire a backup keeper he has to be absolute rubbish, otherwise he will keep complaining about not getting games. The reality is that reserve keepers rarely get games and they generally know and accept their role. I would prefer to have the option of offering squad rotation contracts to most of my squad, with only the really key players getting indispensible status. It would also be good to then renew for each player at the beginning of each season what role you see him having. This is what would happen in reality. You could make it so that each player has an expectation for the coming season and you can either agree to it, bump him up or drop him down. He can then be satisfied or ask for a transfer etc.

Assistant picks team - what is the criteria for this? I find the assistant good at picking players who are fit to play and are capable in the position chosen but sometimes it seems he has a vendetta against certain players and will very rarely pick them. For example you can have a superstar striker and buy a talented youngster who is not scoring nor matching the player rating of the most established player yet the assistant will always favor him in the starting line up. Is there a particularly strong bias towards morale/potential? As I mentioned previously, it would be good if you could set a few players to "always play when fit" and others to "squad rotation" so the assistant will pick teams that keep players happy.

Scouting - this really needs an overhaul. We should be able to customise specific positions to recruit for. In addition, there should be a tick for auto remove players from shortlist who fall below a certain standard, rather than have to do this manually. I'd also like that a scout on a general scouting mission will only report on players who are better or have greater potential than players I have, and to have a setting where I can choose to watch target for x amount of games. And if a scout likes a player he should say why he thinks it would improve your team. Eg. show a compare against an existing player in that position, flag him as one for the future etc. A problem I often find is that I may have three strikers, but one of them is one of the best players in the world, but my scout will always compare prospects against him when in reality I'd rather he tells me if he's better than the other two i.e. if he's good enough for the squad, not if he's better than my best player in that position.

• SI Staff
I know quite a few people have complained about the processing during matches during half time and after subs have been made - what is the reason for this? Why is it necessary? It's a real step backwards. Surely this can be done behind the scenes? Is it to speed up the processing of scores after the match has finished? Can you please add an option of stopping processing scores during a match?

Just to clarify, this is necessary for the new match engine which is several thousand times more complicated than the previous and takes time to process the user's changes etc. The latest scores shown are the 'live' scores from elsewhere rather than the final scores.

Just to clarify, this is necessary for the new match engine which is several thousand times more complicated than the previous and takes time to process the user's changes etc. The latest scores shown are the 'live' scores from elsewhere rather than the final scores.

Yes, but what have other live scores got to do with the current game? The players don't know the other scores so they should be completely independent of the current game. Why does the processing have to take place during current game half time and subs? Surely there is a way of putting it off until after the match has taken place? This is a major compromise and not completely spoils but definitely spoils the experience from what we had before. If there's a processing delay I would rather see it after the game not during it. Is the purpose of part processing during the game to reduce the time it takes after the game has finished (i.e. the game is unable to process in the background due to complexity of the new match engine). I would rather not be forced to watch live scores from other games during my match, especially if I'm on commentary only and not even using the 2D match engine. What about being able to set up a career with commentary only?

P.S. Just to add, my comments may look like lots of complaining/moaning, but I love the game and I think this sort of feedback/suggestions can help improve future developments. I have been playing since the C64 days after all and have been forced retired due to old age countless times so have seen most developments over the years and feel I know the handheld version pretty well now.

I assume that the live scores are really just there to provide you with something to look at while the game does it's processing before the second half, rather than being the cause for the processing. The same with the info at the start of each match.

I may be wrong, though.

I assume that the live scores are really just there to provide you with something to look at while the game does it's processing before the second half, rather than being the cause for the processing. The same with the info at the start of each match.

I may be wrong, though.

Yep, would be good to be able to switch off the info at the start of the match too.

• SI Staff

I may be wrong, though.

Yes, this is right. The display of the scores has nothing to do with processing the other matches, it's for processing the match you are currently playing. If you want to use the enhanced match engine it's not possible to remove this brief delay and can't ever be.

Yes, this is right. The display of the scores has nothing to do with processing the other matches, it's for processing the match you are currently playing. If you want to use the enhanced match engine it's not possible to remove this brief delay and can't ever be.

Does using the enhanced match engine imply playing FM2015 full stop, or does it relate to the 2D match engine? Will there be an option of a commentary only version in the future without the 2D engine slowing things down?

Does using the enhanced match engine imply playing FM2015 full stop, or does it relate to the 2D match engine? Will there be an option of a commentary only version in the future without the 2D engine slowing things down?

The engine is independent of the match view.

The Enhanced ME simulates matches in greater detail and can be viewed in 2D or commentary only. You can also save matches and watch them back later even if you originally played them in commentary.

The Original ME is less detailed, but faster. It can also be viewed in 2D or commentary only, but you can't save matches.

Archived