Football Manager Handheld 2015 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enhanced engine is too slow for me, Galaxy S4, so I've gone back to Original

Wow, it plays too slow on an S4? That's a fairly powerful phone, although a year old. This might be the most expensive game ever, if it makes me buy a brand new, top specification phone just to enjoy it fully. :D

HI, i think the new match engine is really good and it adds a lot to the game, Haven't had the time to test it for an entire season to evaluate all of the different aspects of the game. On my iphone 6 it looks like a little bit blurred, have you got plans to update the graphics to match the higher resolution of apple new device?

And one more question: does the editor let you change fake team names and competitions? I'm going to buy it only for that matter.

Thanks a lot

You should never have any more than 20 seconds of processing at the absolute tops on a device that defaults to Enhanced unless there are a load of apps doing intensive background work. We'll keep an eye on feedback when it comes to overall match speed though so thanks!

So my HTCOne M8 defaulted to enchanced mode, my tablet didn't. The tablet is better to play as the games in enhanced mode move so slow, the seconds do tick by !

What 20 seconds do you mean ? when the whistle shows at 1/2 time etc ? If so, 20 seconds feels long for that screen ? the beauty of FMH was to set it up, play the games and race through a season, enhanced mode won't allow that now.

• SI Staff
So my HTCOne M8 defaulted to enchanced mode, my tablet didn't. The tablet is better to play as the games in enhanced mode move so slow, the seconds do tick by !

What 20 seconds do you mean ? when the whistle shows at 1/2 time etc ? If so, 20 seconds feels long for that screen ? the beauty of FMH was to set it up, play the games and race through a season, enhanced mode won't allow that now.

20 secs at half time etc should be the absolute max you will ever see, most devices are less. A match engine of the complexity required to deliver the level of realism we have now takes a huge amount of number crunching and that of course does take time to process.

We will be looking at the overall time taken to play a match and could potentially look to make optimisations to clock speed, highlight speed etc based on user feedback but the actual processing periods have already undergone a lot of optimisation and there is not a great deal of scope for shortening.

20 secs at half time etc should be the absolute max you will ever see, most devices are less. A match engine of the complexity required to deliver the level of realism we have now takes a huge amount of number crunching and that of course does take time to process.

We will be looking at the overall time taken to play a match and could potentially look to make optimisations to clock speed, highlight speed etc based on user feedback but the actual processing periods have already undergone a lot of optimisation and there is not a great deal of scope for shortening.

changing to origional speeds it up considerably and the game is just as playable for me, as I play at very fast and dont watch the dots. But the look and feel of the enhanced version is so much nicer it would be good if the actual game play part could be speeded up in line with the origonal version, I take on board it won't be as quuick, but even a wee increase in speed would be welcome. To have the shiney new look and feel everywhere else is kinda spoiled a wee bit at " having to go back" a setting.

Good game - i like the way you can pretty much get going from the off without too much effort in tactics/training (which i normally hate doing)

But is there any way to chose what news you get - playing as Reading i'm not really interested in who Man City, Arsenal etc are buying....

Anyone know if this is possible? ^

Also, is there any way to boost the moral of a player - or is it just a case of winning games?

Anyone know if this is possible? ^

Also, is there any way to boost the moral of a player - or is it just a case of winning games?

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to filter news, unless it's an unannounced new feature of FMH 2015. You can raise player morale in a number of ways, depending on the player and what's making them upset. Signing a new star if they're upset at the sale of a star player, giving them a new contract, praising them (in the right circumstances), criticising them improves some players' morale (strangely enough), selling the player they hate. There are lots of ways, but the passage of time, good results and a place in the first team is generally effective.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to filter news, unless it's an unannounced new feature of FMH 2015. You can raise player morale in a number of ways, depending on the player and what's making them upset. Signing a new star if they're upset at the sale of a star player, giving them a new contract, praising them (in the right circumstances), criticising them improves some players' morale (strangely enough), selling the player they hate. There are lots of ways, but the passage of time, good results and a place in the first team is generally effective.

Being a noob to this game - how do you praise them? - i'm still learning where things are :)

Thanks

If you go into the player screen and tap the "Actions" button you'll see a "Player Interaction" button about half way down. If you tap that you can select positive or negative interaction and whether to do it publicly or in private. Stick to private unless your assistant specifically says that he thinks public would work best.

You should only praise occasionally and when it's well justified. I would only criticise if the player has performed poorly in the previous match (rating of 5 or below), otherwise you're likely to hurt their delicate little feelings.

Using iPhone 6, when searching for player "value" is highlighted but you are unable to sort by age/position/nation etc and even unable to sort in reverse (I.e cheapest to most expensive). Clicking on any of these headings does nothing. That's a complete deal breaker for me, sorting players by age, particularly when scouting youth is a necessity. This is a major bug to slip through. When is the first patch due?

• SI Staff
Hello,

I need some help..In FMH 15 store i buy Manage National Team,but when I want to start these options doesnt exist...I play on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2...

Thanks for help,

Aljosa,Slovenia

Hi, if you go back into the store is it showing up as purchased?

• SI Staff
Using iPhone 6, when searching for player "value" is highlighted but you are unable to sort by age/position/nation etc and even unable to sort in reverse (I.e cheapest to most expensive). Clicking on any of these headings does nothing. That's a complete deal breaker for me, sorting players by age, particularly when scouting youth is a necessity. This is a major bug to slip through. When is the first patch due?

Hi,

Please check that 'Can Sort Searches' is set to On in Preferences/User Interface

With commentary only and in very fast mode, when I am on the player rating screen a goal gets registered to the player a split second before the commentary declares the goal. And if a player gets sent off it cuts straight to the sub screen and only announces the red card after you kick off again.

Overall the commentary only during a match feels a lot clunkier and jumpier than the previous version. The half time processing is just a few seconds but is annoying when coming from the previous version where this never happened.

Personally I prefer having the back button bottom left, not top left, again this may just take some getting used to.

"I am not going to use the editor, I am not going to use the editor".....

"What, my son has been promoted from the youth academy? Attributes not great.. Hmmmm 20 20 20 20 20 20 everything*

Weekly wage 80 pw, age 16, contract expires when he's 40. Permanently high morale. Ahh, that's better.

*except leadership which keeps defaulting back to 11.

Marc, Alari, Jamie, everybody else involved in FMH: :thup: Fantastic game. True, the matches are a tad slow (enhanced match engine), but they are so much more interesting and entertaining now. Besides, the game seems to be a bit quicker outside of matches, and that kind of makes up for it. The interface has been tweaked and polished, looks great.

I have only played for half an hour, I suppose I may find a bug here and some nit-picking there, but my overall first impression is very, very good.

To conclude and repeat myself: :thup:

Had a quick play. There's some nice tweaks. I like the new match engine. I find 'slow' rather than 'medium' gives the most realistic paced gameplay. What I did notice though is that the commentary sometimes runs too fast even in slow mode. When there's goalmouth action, text lines can flash by before you can read them. Didn't have this problem with FMH14 which suggests that the new match engine is the culprit. Worth doing some testing.

Hello.

It is possible on the handeld '15 version to organize/personalize friendly matches?

I would like to re-arrange the pre-season schedule of friendly match, canceling the scheduled ones and organize a different schedule, different days, different opponents..

I cannot find any button

I am using an iPad

Tanx

Hey guys! Thanks again for the hard work. Just picked it up, got the unlock all IAP, and put the logos I wanted in there. Perfectly set up.

Only problem I've encountered is that I'm having trouble posting to Facebook. The FAQ mentioned problems with Twitter, and I can post to Twitter just fine. However, whenever I try to post to Facebook it says "Please check connection and try again in a few minutes" even though I just posted to Twitter and the connection is great. I've also made sure that FMH 2015 was selected under my Facebook settings. So, I'm not sure what else to try. I feel like this same problem might have happened with 2014, but I can't remember for sure.

Also, in the player editor, I can change all of the attributes of a player except the Teamwork stat. When I enter one number, it goes to 9 after I hit confirm. So, I boost it to 20, and after I confirm, it goes up to... 11. Don't know what other things to do. I've tried decreasing other attributes, but that didn't seem to allow anything above 11.

Other than those, though, this is a great updated version, and I'm looking forwarding to spending the holidays with it! ...and family, of course. They can watch me play.

Agree with others who say that commentary on very fast is too fast, where in the past you could still get a good feel of what was going on.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes the last commentary at half time is "the referee blows for half time" while other times it freezes on "XXX plays it up the field"....

Also noticed it's the player name links from the match summary page do not work when the game is in play, only after the game has finished. Strangely they do work from the player ratings page.

One thing that annoys me is that I like to watch the game unfold from the player ratings page and see MOTM at the end, but in this version when full time comes the screen jumps back to the match summary screen and you need to click back to the player ratings screen to see who got MOTM.

Have the options for tactics and player tasks been improved? The "more realistic 2D Match Engine allows you to better analyse your team’s performance on the field" would seem to be pointless unless we have an update in that area.

Have the options for tactics and player tasks been improved?

Nope.

The "more realistic 2D Match Engine allows you to better analyse your team’s performance on the field" would seem to be pointless unless we have an update in that area.

Yep.

Although I will say that the new match engine is an absolutely massive improvement. It's far more obvious now how your tactics manifest on the pitch. But yes there should be more scope within the tactics.

• SI Staff
Had a quick play. There's some nice tweaks. I like the new match engine. I find 'slow' rather than 'medium' gives the most realistic paced gameplay. What I did notice though is that the commentary sometimes runs too fast even in slow mode. When there's goalmouth action, text lines can flash by before you can read them. Didn't have this problem with FMH14 which suggests that the new match engine is the culprit. Worth doing some testing.

Thanks for the feedback, this is very dependent on device - what are you using?

• SI Staff
My only gripe so far is the skin isn't particularly good. With all the high resolution phones/tablets around, the skin looks really poor and is definitely not crisp at all. I'm surprised this hasn't been updated in the new release as its been an issue for the last 2 versions.

What device is it that you are finding the skin not to look great on?

• SI Staff
Any way to delete matches from the view match list?

You can delete them from the documents area either by plugging your phone into iTunes and removing them from the documents section there (iOS) or by using a file manager on Android to go inside the fmh2015_data/user_data folder and removing them from there. Having said that this is a worthwhile feature request and we may look into it.

• SI Staff
Another thing I noticed is that sometimes the last commentary at half time is "the referee blows for half time" while other times it freezes on "XXX plays it up the field"....

Also noticed it's the player name links from the match summary page do not work when the game is in play, only after the game has finished. Strangely they do work from the player ratings page.

One thing that annoys me is that I like to watch the game unfold from the player ratings page and see MOTM at the end, but in this version when full time comes the screen jumps back to the match summary screen and you need to click back to the player ratings screen to see who got MOTM.

The first two of these are known issues that are under review, the third we'll take into consideration...

Just a quick question as I can't get any tactic to work (my fault, obviously): is the game similar to the full version of FM - do the players need time to learn new tactics? I'm changing tactics quite often now in my desperate attempts to find something that works, could that be why none of them seem do to the trick?

Firstly, just wanted to say the new match engine is excellent (if a little slow on the Samsung Tab 10.1). Although that can be a good thing as it feels like you are more involved similar to the old pc versions. Certainly, you cant rush through a game and the events on the pitch seem realistic and havent encountered anything strange yet.

The game appears harder than FM14, which can only be a good thing.

However, think I spotted the first bug.

I was playing tactic 5-3-2. At half time I substituted my CD for an Attacking Winger, and my ST for another CM (to play 4-3-2-1).

Although the formation changed and my substitutes appeared on the tactics screen, they didnt appear on the match engine or "Summary Screen" (the screen with score, player ratings, condition, shots on target etc). This meant my ageing CD was playing as an attacking left winger (and receiving a rating of 5) and my striker playing in CM. There was nothing I could do to change this.

I did make a change later in the half and it worked fine (so could just be an issue with making changes at H-T)

Oh and one other thing. The "Condition" looks slow to update. My players were apparently all above 90 approaching Half Time.

• SI Staff
Firstly, just wanted to say the new match engine is excellent (if a little slow on the Samsung Tab 10.1). Although that can be a good thing as it feels like you are more involved similar to the old pc versions. Certainly, you cant rush through a game and the events on the pitch seem realistic and havent encountered anything strange yet.

The game appears harder than FM14, which can only be a good thing.

However, think I spotted the first bug.

I was playing tactic 5-3-2. At half time I substituted my CD for an Attacking Winger, and my ST for another CM (to play 4-3-2-1).

Although the formation changed and my substitutes appeared on the tactics screen, they didnt appear on the match engine or "Summary Screen" (the screen with score, player ratings, condition, shots on target etc). This meant my ageing CD was playing as an attacking left winger (and receiving a rating of 5) and my striker playing in CM. There was nothing I could do to change this.

I did make a change later in the half and it worked fine (so could just be an issue with making changes at H-T)

Oh and one other thing. The "Condition" looks slow to update. My players were apparently all above 90 approaching Half Time.

You didn't happen to save the match at all did you? This is something we'd be keen to look into.

An issue on this version that FM2014 shared is that if you allow the Assistant Manager to be in charge of friendlies at the beginning of the season, when you then take control of the team the default formation is whatever the Assistant used (always 4-4-2). Is there a way of keeping your chosen formation regardless of whether the Assistant uses it or not? A small thing but sometimes when I'm in a rush I don't realise the formation has change until during the game.

Archived