FM15: Top 5 Must Buys

Craglyboy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many options here and I tend to avoid buying replicate players, but I'll make a shout for some players not yet mentioned:

1. Yevhen Konoplyanka - he's not cheap, but his wages are very reasonable. Phenomenal old-school, chalk on boots winger who beats defenders for fun at pace, and can shred teams with his off the ball movement. Quickly develops into a world class wideman, the natural successor to Arjen Robben. Potential to train into the ST strata for additional fun.

2. Niklas Sule - physically imposing teen defender who has the ability to develop into one of the best. A natural successor to Mertesacker if handled correctly.

3. John Hou Saeter - 16 year old Norwegian who can be purchased for next to nothing. He's pushing for a starting spot as a 19 year old in my Arsenal file, in a midfield replete with Ramsey, Wilshere, the two Benders and Bradley. He's already on the fringes of the first team squad as a 17 year old in my Hoffenheim online file. Develops very quickly and has a strong all-round game.

4. Marcos Astina - teen striker at Lanus. High developmental potential and can be trained into all manner of roles; poacher, deep-lying forward, inside forward, right winger. Take your pick. Easy to acquire.

5. Ladislav Krejci - another talented wideman who is a sure-fire profit-maker.

I'd also give praise for Michael Bradley, an outstanding choice for those who run with 2x midfielder tactics as a ball-winner par excellence. Luciano Vietto, a deadly forward with a £9.5m release clause and huge potential for profit.

Yeah with Fulham. 1.6mil and on £80 a week until 17/12/2015 then he'll be on 17k a week. Contracts and all agreed.

Also scored twice on his debut as a shadow striker (AMC). He pairs up with Alli immensly.

And how do you get a 15 year old to join you straight away when he can't join till 2015?

Hope it doesn't come across as an accusation of anything, I'm genuinely concerned I missed something :lol: and am missing out

No idea haha I think he was sixteen in the January sales is when I made the bid I think (I'll double check when on again). His stats are great haha. He is really performing well (not scoring wise) but his link ip with players, passing first time. Probably thr best buy I did.

My 1 "must buy" would have to be Aboubakar. Bought him for my Arsenal team before the second season, and he's been astonishing. Wiped out Henry's goal record (season) in his first season. Playing him as a CF/attack in a 4231 Wide formation. The boy just keeps scoring and scoring and scoring - usually he bangs them in with power. He's at Porto to start with,, and I guess you have to be at one of the big clubs to be able to get him. I payed £30M for him, and happy I did.

Btw; Porto's got quite a lot of very attractive players; Danilo is one, but I bought Alex Sandro for the wing back left position. He's next best in that position if Alaba is too expensive. And he usually is, if he's available at all.

Other players that proved to be money well spent: Nkoulou, Lucas Romero, Gil Romero, Maximilian Meyer, Juan Jesus.

I've only had two saves on FM15 (in total have played like 3.5 seasons) so will list all players that have stood out to me so far:

Remi Cabella - amazing in the AP role, goals and assists galore

Facundo Ferreyra - a goal machine

Alvaro Negredo - even more of a goal machine

Ruben Vezo - preferred him to Otamendi at Valencia and he's only going to improve

Lucas Romero - unbelievably good player for £7.5m

Fede Cartabia - different class in the IF role

Ayoze Perez - was so good for me in 1.5 seasons at Newcastle and is very young, played as a SC was scoring loads

Gabriel Barbosa is a must buy for me as well. Like his playing style and has ridiculous potential.

Balanta (on FM14 and briefly on 15) is a player who has only ever been decent for me, nothing special.

Managing Murcia so haven't a pot to urinate in money wise, taken them up from the Segunda B to the CL places in La Liga, into the start of the 2019/20 season. Anyway, the great thing about Spain is you can do 2 year loans so including them my top 5:

1. Ruben Neves, 2 year loan, extended for another 2 year loan, his contract was up so I signed him for free after having him for nothing the previous 4 seasons :eek::lol::cool:

2. Jesus Vallejo, Chelsea got him for the min fee at the start of the game, just starting his 4th season on loan as well, hoping to sign him permanently at the end of the season

3. Youri Tielemans, still at Anderlecht, I've had him on loan and, you guessed it, just starting his 4th season on loan with me, hopefully get him permanently at some stage.

4. Lorenzo Crisetig, 4m quid as soon as I got some semblance of transfer funds. An absolute beast of a cm/dm and an FM stalwart going back to FM2010.

5. Samuel Asamoah, available on a free transfer at the start of the game, will sign for anyone and is lethal if you retrain him as a striker. He's club captain and has banged in 112 goals in 165 appearances for me.

Some superb players being listed, I am going to take another angle on it as I've only really got my teeth into one save so far. With Leicester City I have just finished my first season and finished 9th, these are a few players I have signed, the aim at the start of the season was to obtain 40 points and then build the season after so I wanted some players who could provide straight away.

1. Yannick Bolasie, Crystal Palace (£3.5m, £500k if 10 league goals scored) - I like to play an IF on the left and Bolasie seemed the perfect fit, 25 years old so in his prime, good pace and trickery, he is the sort of player if you are a lower half PL team that is guranteed to be value for money, ended the season with 11 goals and 14 assists in the PL, only Hazard and Mata created more goals. Just rejected an £11m bid from Palermo in pre-season 2015/16.

2. Teófilo Gutiérrez, River Plate (£2.5m, £1m over 24 months, £1m if 15 league goals scored) - My scouts highly recommended him, seem him in the world cup (in real life) and liked his energy and all round game. My plan was to utilise Leonardo Ulloa as my main striker but after failing to net all pre-season, just before the campaign started I took the plunge on Teo. He scores goals at PL level, 17 for the season, he is an experienced pro and is hardly ever injured, he was a bargain for the price, not a player who relies on pace so probably get 3 seasons out of him with him being 29. If you are looking to avoid the drop then 15+ goals from your striker is likely to keep you up so the £1m incentive in the package is worth every penny.

3. Carlos Marchena, Free Agent (£0) - My defence didn't inspire me when I came in and having used the majority of my funds I was on the lookout for a bargain, always been a fan of Marchena in real life, good ball playing CB who can slot into DM as well, highly experienced player, consistent performer, stayed relatively injury free considering his age, didn't demand ridiculous wages. 1 year contract, tutored Liam Moore who is now CA 3.5 stars PA 4 stars, significant improvement from him, in essence he did a job and was solid, I have now released him as we look to be more ambitious this season but as I have previously mentioned first season with a team predicted to finish 19th is all about the short term and building a foundation.

4. Gabriel, Botafogo (£1.2m) - This is a strange one to put in here because he is yet to play a game for me, I signed him and failed to obtain a WP so loaned him out to Botafogo, he is a 22 year old defensive midfielder who is labelled as the next Dunga. I have put him in here because I have had my scouts compile reports on him whilst he has been at Botafogo, he CA has risen from 3 stars to 3.5 stars and his PA is 4.5 stars, he has been in marvelous form for Botafogo, even chipping in with goals and assists from DM, looks like he is going to be an absolute star and would recommend him to anyone, can't wait for him to slot in and replace Cambiasso.

5. Riyad Mahrez, Leicester City (2015/16 valued at £11.5m) - Last one is not a signing but a player already on the books, he had a wonderful first season scoring 10 goals and creating 11, attracted interest from Everton in January managed to convince the player to stay, at the end of the season Arsenal have major interest and it is going to be difficult to keep hold of my best player, if he does leave though he will definitely command a handsome fee, a worthwhile signing for most top teams.

I realise these players are not the best players on the game or bargain signings that flourish into world beaters but they are players that helped me to achieve well above my aim with Leicester and if you find yourself in a similar situation then I would recommend any of the above players.

In terms of value for money in start of season, my take is:

1) Pavel Savitsky

2) Eder Balanta

3) Martin Odegaard

4) Fabio Castellano

5) Humam Tariq

But in terms of paying more than 10mil euros,

1) Youri Tielemens

2) Munir

3) Marco Reus

4) Gabriel Barbosa

5) Memphis Depay

Playing as Manchester City in my 2nd season atm.

Hold your horses...

First season best buys (after selling some players):

- Eden Hazard

- Neymar

- Pogba

- Balanta

- Alaba

2nd season:

- Messi

- Cristiano Ronaldo (yup both of em in one team!! and they're beasts, especially Ronaldo)

- Arturo Vidal

- Courtois (absolutely brilliant goalie)

- Hummels

... and many more

With thanks to my sugar daddy that fills up my 200 + million debts every time :)

-

Since the 15.3 patch, what are your top 5 buys now?

Digne

Marquinhos

Veratti (always transfer listed in January 1st season, 5M)

Sisto, absolute beast, 6.75M release clause

Romero, you all know who he is ;)

Edit : Will also add Bernardo Silva, transfer listed from Monaco summer 2015 for 3.6M, absolute steal , possible world class midfielder

That PSG bug is quite annoying to be honest, you got 3 top players for like 13M

Anyway, if you bring these 5 man anywhere, you'll win a trophy right away

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Kristoffer Ajer: cheap as hell DM that grows into a powerful 6'6" frame, equipped with dictate tempo among other ppms, 16 years old so need to be patient developing him. Favorite player this year.

Paulo Dybala: Smart and technical striker that is versatile enough to play in the attacking midfield too. Equally adept at leading a side in assists or goals, depending on what you need.

Yussuf Poulsen: Massive striker that can bully any defender he comes across, mentals and technical skills grow quick with experience, and he gets pretty damn fast too. Incredibly versatile. Basically a poor man's Mandzukic.

Sime Vrsaljko: Another constant pickup that can play anywhere along the back line. Physically excellent Croatian right back that can sit and take a striker or attacking mid out of play, but can also push forward and join an attack with his technical skill.

Jonathan Tah: Can lead any back line for years to come. Monster.

• 2 weeks later...

In order of awesomeness for my saves;

Malcom - this guy becomes worldclass

Balanta - obvious

Depay - monster at LW/AML or STC

Tielemans

Lucas Silva - great BWM and goal scoring mid

Dybala

Muhamed Besic - Irish BWM I bought in my last save and he was a rock, alternate to the usuals.

Archived