FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know how to get the correct Martin Odegaard picture to show up in game(at least for me)

Odegaard has the unique id 139463170.

But in my freaking game I get the picture of this fella

hH65Uf0.png?1

who has the unique id 139463179, I've tried what I can apart from removing the entire file and putting another one in there(no thanks).

I've swapped id's around but I either get a blank pic or this geezer with the beard, any ideas please...

Guest El Payaso
MANCHESTER UNITED 2017-18 REVIEW

No 'fence but you really should be reporting about those games with high amount of scoring chances to bugs forum. Really not enjoyable to see games like that against anyone (not against smaller teams and certainly not against good teams like City, Arsenal and Chelsea). Games with high scores are okay at times if you want to play football like that but those kind of games not.

Nice report though.

No offence taken mate but I play the game to win,no other way and there are plenty of people in the bugs forum reporting high scoring games etc.

I've tried to create a tactic that wins, I'm not quite sure why I would want to change that???

I play a 4-1-2-2-1 with no defensive minded midfielders at all - just a Regista

I'm regularly winning games 5-2 etc so I'm not sure it's a bug if you just go all out attack :)

I do get the odd spanking though as a result :(

Guest El Payaso
No offence taken mate but I play the game to win,no other way and there are plenty of people in the bugs forum reporting high scoring games etc.

I've tried to create a tactic that wins, I'm not quite sure why I would want to change that???

Winning is okay and I'm also playing to win because it is more fun than losing and I'm quite a sore loser in everything. :)

It's just those amount of chances and those kind of games are not enjoyable (or realistic) where you get that huge amount of chances and must have some really awful defending to get that many. SI could always use more examples and as I'm not getting that many chances with my Oviedo team: I'm not able to provide those.

Decided to have a quick look at a United save, after getting bored with Southampton and not being hooked by spells in Italy, Norway or Sweden.

As usual, I like to have a vague plan before commencing a save, and with United I elected to prove you can win with kids, by scooping up some predictable youngsters and offloading players like Anderson, Young and Valencia (Rooney would have gone too, but I'm not sure if it was Barca's transfer embargo or lack of funds on their behalf, but a £41.5m move fell through three times :rolleyes: ).

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-26.png

Painfully predictable list of incoming players there, who collide to form a system vaguely like below, but whose left side in particular is getting tweaked regularly:

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-12.png

You won't get one of my sides taking 40-50 shots, nor winning 7-0. Functional and effective football, usually via around 15 shots is the name of the game with me.

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-46.png

EDIT - Got bored. Season one clinched too easily even with some tactical cocking about. I've gone back to my Saints save :(

Relatively new to FM - have always played FMH as I didn't have a laptop that was anything more than being kept on life support!

I've hit a wall with my finances - think I've over committed fees over 48 months that have crippled the club.

Does anyone have any tips when buying players to avoid this.

For example I have always bought for Eriksen for £15M up front plus about £10M over 48 months.

Other deals have been for a smaller amount immediately but maybe double over the 2 year period. - so maybe Romero £3.5M then £5M over 2 years (not sure of the exact amounts but you get the idea)

If this not a good idea?

Am I better going for the full amount up front to avoid over spending?

or maybe stacking it so its say 2/3 up front with 1/3 over 2 years?

Need to avoid getting sacked or simply not having any funds for season 2 so any help would be appreciated :)

any good tactics to accomodate di maria, rvp, falcao, rooney and mata ??

I've done ok with a Treq with 2 IFs on the wings plus 2 APMs in midfield - both Rooney and RVP have played on the wing depending on form and Mata seems ok as either an IF or an APM so accommodating all 5 would work with my formation - bit of work for my DM/Regista though!

..... Ignoring the fact I always terminate Falcao's loan of course :) - but in theory yes :)

Relatively new to FM - have always played FMH as I didn't have a laptop that was anything more than being kept on life support!

I've hit a wall with my finances - think I've over committed fees over 48 months that have crippled the club.

Does anyone have any tips when buying players to avoid this.

For example I have always bought for Eriksen for £15M up front plus about £10M over 48 months.

Other deals have been for a smaller amount immediately but maybe double over the 2 year period. - so maybe Romero £3.5M then £5M over 2 years (not sure of the exact amounts but you get the idea)

If this not a good idea?

Am I better going for the full amount up front to avoid over spending?

or maybe stacking it so its say 2/3 up front with 1/3 over 2 years?

Need to avoid getting sacked or simply not having any funds for season 2 so any help would be appreciated :)

You should be able to make lots of $$$ end of season selling deadwood. Get it all upfront and try and not splash out much for next few years yes. Also have the adidas kit deal kicking in which will help

You should be able to make lots of $$$ end of season selling deadwood. Get it all upfront and try and not splash out much for next few years yes. Also have the adidas kit deal kicking in which will help

Cheers mate - pretty basic stuff really :)

I always get worried that I wouldn't get another offer for say Valencia so take the 3m+ 8mover 2 years for him.

Managed to get £20m for Young but am lucky to get 10-12m this time round.

Guess patience is good-or at least maybe negotiating the first offer might work.

is Adidas deal at the start of the 2nd season?

Think I'll start a new United file tonight with a 4-4-2. :)

And I'm off: 4-4-2 to start with, no transfers allowed in the first windows bar loans.

Out: Stuevenburg, Bout, Armer, Robinson and the two crap fitness coaches Van Gaal seems to hire.

In:

Filip De Wilde - 4.5 star Goalkeeping coach

Luca Alimonta - 4 star Ball control coach

Alessio Frati - 4 star Defending coach

Rene Muenelesteen - 4.5 star shooting coach.

All free and professional personalities too. I also picked up for free:

Bruno Demichellis - 5 star fitness coach as U21 Assistant manager

Diego Bortoluzzi - 4 star Attacking coach U21

Ludek Miklosoko - 4 star goalkeeper U21 coach

Marcelo Iaia - 4.5 star fitness u21 coach

Borto, Miklo and Iaia all have NO qualifications but 15+ in the required attributes, meaning that once they get on their coaching badges they'll (in theory) be the ultimate 5+ star coaches and ensure I train like a beast!

U18's is relatively untouched as it's a good set up of 4 star coaches, I only brought in Rossario Di Vincenzo as U18 assistant on a whim.

Everyone I considered deadwood are out on loan (so all the u21/u18 with the exception of Fosu-Mensah) because as always the United researcher under-rates all the youth players. McNair is rubbish, Blackett might make it at the championship but I bet Liverpool have more 'talent' than we do given their ridiculous over-rating researcher. *cough*

So I'm doing 4-4-2 with Di Maria on the right wing, Mata on the left, Herrera as the roaming playmaker.

My results so far; I had a tough opening sequence -_-

Vs Tottenham (A) 2-1 - Di Maria and Falcao netted in a game we were 'lucky' to win.

Vs Sunderland (H) 4-1 - Di Maria, Falcao and 2 goals from Mata ensure an easy win.

Vs Aston Villa (A) 3-0 Di Maria and a double from Mata for an easy win again.

Vs Chelsea (H) 2-1 Januzaj and Falcao net to make sure we win after going down 0-1, Fellaini got himself sent off. -_-

Vs Liverpool (A) 4-4 See? Over-rated Liverpool. Luckily I had the ref on my side with three penalties. Falcao scored all four goals.

Vs Leeds (A) 3-2aet Wilson (2) and Van Persie scored as the kids beat Leeds in the League Cup.

Vs Swansea (H) 4-1 Di Maria, Rooney and two from Falcao.

So far, so good. Falcao is an utter beast. Di Maria absolutely ruins teams when played on the right as a wide-playmaker, he is just ridiculous.

Took a punt on Giovinco in the first season - £4M approx

He was on a goal a game for the first 7 games - Rooney & RVP injured.

He's going through a bit of a drought recently but still a good cheap signing.

I have to say I think we've all missed out on a treat - managed to sign Miroslav Klose from Lazio for 5million and he is currently out scoring Falcao, RvP and Rooney...playing him as a AF with either Rooney or RvP as a CF(S) is amazing - will post a screenie of his stats so far this season tomorrow

Hey guys, just started a permanent save with United after a couple of experiments on the demo. I was looking to get opinions on what formation and line-up you guys would start with?

I would keeping the same squad at the start with no incomings or outgoings, would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

I would love to put a screenshot up...

Smashed City 7-1 at home and then stuffed them 5-0 in their own backyard.

All with a simple 4-4-2.

In April at the moment my standings are:

1st.

Played 33,

Won: 29

Draw: 3

Lost: 1

GF: 99

GA: 27

GD: 72

Pts: 90

Di Maria average rating 8.10

Falcao has 27 goals and 19 assists

So, so easy. That's with NO signings.

Decided to have a quick look at a United save, after getting bored with Southampton and not being hooked by spells in Italy, Norway or Sweden.

As usual, I like to have a vague plan before commencing a save, and with United I elected to prove you can win with kids, by scooping up some predictable youngsters and offloading players like Anderson, Young and Valencia (Rooney would have gone too, but I'm not sure if it was Barca's transfer embargo or lack of funds on their behalf, but a £41.5m move fell through three times :rolleyes: ).

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-26.png

Painfully predictable list of incoming players there, who collide to form a system vaguely like below, but whose left side in particular is getting tweaked regularly:

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-12.png

You won't get one of my sides taking 40-50 shots, nor winning 7-0. Functional and effective football, usually via around 15 shots is the name of the game with me.

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-21-21-46.png

EDIT - Got bored. Season one clinched too easily even with some tactical cocking about. I've gone back to my Saints save :(

What team instructions did you use?

Has anyone ever been unable to create pre-season friendlies? I've created a 4-game tour to the USA, but I'm unable to create any more friendlies between the last tour game and the Community Shield.

Half my squad are missing the tour due to being given extended leave as they were involved in the World Cup, so I really need 2 or 3 friendlies before the season starts to give them games, but that is well and truly out of the window now!

20k56s5.jpg

Chelsea stole my main transfer target :(

F0901F430485A4464F401D772687F1D642F58ABF

final league table.... wasn't that easy, some of the matches the team played bad in they won 3-0 :lol:, Rooney came good in the 2nd half of the season.

3684AD8E7880158F39C88877B806DFEAE171AC71

41E9DAE660F8582E4529931524C8F3FBCE1AF4BB

beast :D

EFDCF994D289668D57BA0926F94B5C60461EAFD4

09C65783268017F515606EF0BC27D8634250A639

was scoring in the first half of the season, then assists.

7283C8B934E276206FE861B70E5A2C7FCE0F1698

A94EE66F0A7A373E95CC1E7C293E7F9222AFD2C9

now for some early signings

85FDB0BD38F34789C548BE97A1623008CBD1DBBE

2DFA134EDEC1BAD44637A6DA69B9758446015D83

AD81E1A84F0F4547C2C2832C884644D287ECCC10

came highly rated... and priced. got him for less then the real life asking price though, bought him after I bought out Falcao

921D05999EEFDDC20B5A862FA4DFDE6E71B0EAE3

Recently started my save, I’m 3rd in the league in mid December, 3 behind Arsenal & Chelsea. Spent £155million on transfers.

In

Howedes

Arbeloa

Schmeltzer

Vidal

Hughes

Lucas Moura

Stones

Sold about £50million

Out

Fletcher

Anderson

Smalling

Young

Valencia

Lingard

I play 4-2-3-1 Wide. My typical line-up would be…

GK – DDG

RB – Rafael – Full Back Automatic

LB – Shaw – Full Back Automatic

CD – Howedes – Central Defender Defend

CD – Rojo/Jones – Central Defender Defend

AML – Di Maria – Winger - Attack

AMR – Januzaj – Advanced Playmaker - Attack

MC – Herrera – Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

MC – Vidal – Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

AMC – Mata/Van Persie – Advanced Playmaker/Trequartista

ST – Falcao – Advanced Forward

(Rooney & Lucas Moura are injured) Falcao is my top scorer with 12, Di Maria leads the assists with 9 and Januzaj is having a great season with 5 goals and 5 assists, Mata has been poor.

I'm posting mainly looking for some tips, I've been quite inconsistent, especially away from home. I have the best home record in the league but away I'm in the bottom half. At home I typically play

- Attacking/Fluid

- Work ball into box

- Retain Possession

- Whipped Crosses

- Player Wider

- Exploit the Flanks

- Play out of defence

- Close Down More

- High Tempo

- More Expressive

- Prevent Short GK distribution

- Push Higher Up (if opposition has lack of pace)

Away I tend to tweak it to be more direct, basically keep most of it the same except I go Standard and take off work ball into box/possession, I also don’t push up or exploit the flanks. I find I have so many shots blocked, saved by the keeper or I just waste chances, then the other team will have 2 chances and score 1 of them, I miss loads. I also find I concede most matches home and away, I have noticed a number of individual errors tooo more recently.

Just looking for ways to improve my team, ways i can tighten up at the back but be efficient in front of goal whilst dominating matches.

I have my GKs set to short passing to full backs, I also have my CB’s on close down less in order to stop them from charging up the field and leaving a big space.

Also I'm already in a position where I'm financially in the red, about £7million in the red. Now I know I have spent a lot of money but I’ve not spent more than the budget they gave me. I'm assuming once the first season ends the clubs finances correct themselves with all the sponsorship money that comes in.

I'm in January 2018 and just splashed the cash on Messi! :cool: Paid 100m and 50m will be added after 50 games.

He will never be worth it, he's 30 afterall, but I'm just very curious to find out how he performs in England.

I've won Premier League and Capital One Cup 3 seasons in a row. Had disappointing performances in FA Cup and Champions League (including a semi final loss against Barcelona). I'm hoping to nail both of them this season, or the next one, and after that I'll consider starting a new save. By then they should have released a new update with the January transfer window.

---

Harry, I got Neymar summer 2016 and paid 65-75m. He's amazing and absolutely destroys opponents with Reus.

Just resigned, need to regroup and find the right tactic, i was 4th but going 3-0 down at home to Burnley after going 2-0 to Southampton in the previous away game in 10 mins was the final straw.

My away record was unbelievable, ive conceded more than ive scored away. I feel like no matter what i do direct/short, close down/stand off, attacking/standard, i just can't keep a solid shape and control a match, im not expecting teams to role over away from home but i expect a good level of performance from my own players, i feel like i start every away game poorly then i kick them up the arse at half time and all of a sudden my tactic is right, even then i waste chances/keeper wonder saves/last ditch clearances and hero defending from the other team.

It feels like the game is just random sometimes, i pick a tactic and it might work, i completely change it and that might also work. I'm just at a loss on what i'm doing wrong. Away at Stoke in the League Cup they had 29 shots, i decided to go not close down vs Southampton in order to keep my shape, plus they have a pacey team. It only took 24 seconds for Rojo to run from CB to LB position to close down Shane Long (despite me giving him a player instruction to close down less and not telling my team to close down at all, not to mention Shaw was also there) which created a gap in my penalty area and they scored after 23 seconds.

I feel like the defence makes so many mistakes, i don't know if it's unavoidable because of United being weak there but i see others here dominating the league and i don't know why.

Do people here typically play the same away as at home? I was playing, Retain possession, work ball into box, whipped crosses, play wider, exploit flanks (sometimes), push higher up (sometimes), close down more, high tempo, more expressive. Even at home i would say i was prolific, i still only scored 3 maximum in one game, teams would have chances and i'd miss a lot.

I don't expect to win the league with United and the competition they have but when i play and i can't get the tactics right and i honestly have no idea what to do to change it, it feels like there's no point.

Just resigned, need to regroup and find the right tactic, i was 4th but going 3-0 down at home to Burnley after going 2-0 to Southampton in the previous away game in 10 mins was the final straw.

My away record was unbelievable, ive conceded more than ive scored away. I feel like no matter what i do direct/short, close down/stand off, attacking/standard, i just can't keep a solid shape and control a match, im not expecting teams to role over away from home but i expect a good level of performance from my own players, i feel like i start every away game poorly then i kick them up the arse at half time and all of a sudden my tactic is right, even then i waste chances/keeper wonder saves/last ditch clearances and hero defending from the other team.

It feels like the game is just random sometimes, i pick a tactic and it might work, i completely change it and that might also work. I'm just at a loss on what i'm doing wrong. Away at Stoke in the League Cup they had 29 shots, i decided to go not close down vs Southampton in order to keep my shape, plus they have a pacey team. It only took 24 seconds for Rojo to run from CB to LB position to close down Shane Long (despite me giving him a player instruction to close down less and not telling my team to close down at all, not to mention Shaw was also there) which created a gap in my penalty area and they scored after 23 seconds.

I feel like the defence makes so many mistakes, i don't know if it's unavoidable because of United being weak there but i see others here dominating the league and i don't know why.

Do people here typically play the same away as at home? I was playing, Retain possession, work ball into box, whipped crosses, play wider, exploit flanks (sometimes), push higher up (sometimes), close down more, high tempo, more expressive. Even at home i would say i was prolific, i still only scored 3 maximum in one game, teams would have chances and i'd miss a lot.

I don't expect to win the league with United and the competition they have but when i play and i can't get the tactics right and i honestly have no idea what to do to change it, it feels like there's no point.

Try keeping it simple mate.No more than 3/4 TI's to start off with,maybe control at home and Standard away from home.

I have great success with a 41221 standard/flexible with nothing other than short passing,push higher up and roam from position with a few player instructions.

Just started my save today, going with a fairly young team and im also trying an experiment of turning Luke Shaw into a Gareth Bale type player (which will probably fail spectacularly)

My young transfers

b80xlSG.jpg

My Poor pre season results and mediocre league results so far

QGCj2Dt.jpg

And my Formation

sD7UAva.jpg

Finally got round to installing this years version of football manager and I thought it was probably best to start as easy(isy) team while I get to grasps with the game. When I first start at a club I hate the idea of tearing the club apart selling players left right and centre and bringing my own in, so transfers weren't too busy with me only signing two players. The first is an obvious one, a defender and comes in the shape of Germany world cup star Benedikt Höwedes. He commanded an fee of 15 million pounds but he should somewhat shore up the less than star studded defence Man Utd have nowadays. He seems to have done the trick as we have only conceded three goals since the preseason schedule ended. The second signing i know nothing of, but my scouts raved about the lad, so i parted with 11 million pounds to bring in the young attacking midfielder Youri Tielemans, I must admit he's impressed me so far in a roaming playmaker spot in the midfield coming off the bench to claim two assists and a goal in 5 sub appearances and 1 start.

I currently sit 3rd in the league behind Chelsea and Man city claiming 5 wins and a draw, the draw coming from a 2-2 scoreline away to chelsea. My tactic is almost fluid and i can only guess my team will play even better than they are now. My stand out performers surprisingly are Valencia who has scored 5 goals, Anderwho is bossing my midfield and Young who is making quite the impact player from the bench. Rooney is quite hit and miss with only one goal to his name after 6 games, but his ratings are quite good so im hoping the goals come once the tactic is fluid.

So i decided to give man utd a bash after accidentally deleting my beloved rangers save :( like all of my saves i have decided to go with a youthful setup, i buy some players who i can see in my team for a few seasons before letting youth talent come in, with that in mind after the second summer transfer window i will not buy a player over 18.

Step 1 removing the dead wood

Valencia - Monaco

Young - Spurs

Anderson - Palace

Fletcher - Everton

Carrick - Ac Milan

Step 2 - Signings

Vallejo - Zaragoza

Munir - Barcelona

Clyne - Southampton

Lucas Romero - Velez

Alex Sandro - Porto

Gabriel Barbosa - Santos

After a woeful first game of the season against Chelsea 5-2 things picked up, i beat them 6-2 at home in January

currently top of the league with a 6 point lead after 33 games, 27 wins, 4 draws 2 losses, 104GS - 29GC - 75GD

English Premier League - Champions 100 Pts

FA Cup - Beaten By Chelsea in the final

Capital One Cup - Got humped by Arsenal in the final

Starting first season with United i have 100 million to spend after asking for more wages and moving the slider all the way up can anyone recommend players for me to sign young or old does not matter which position all suggestions welcome thanks

First season is somewhat limited no CL football means no superstar names.

Look for young talented players IMO.

Depay is a must!

end of the first season, despite RVP scoring 21 goals in 21 games, im not giving him a new contract he has a year left and i dont want to lose him for free, bye pal, 14.5mil from arsenal accepted

Falcao - no chance in hell am i paying 46.5mil for a 29 year old when i have munir,gabriel barbosa & a retrained striker in januzaj, so i bought robert lewandowski for 50, about 20 up front and the rest in ad ons, not bad for a 26 year old,

so my striker situation looks like lewandowski, rooney, munir, wilson, gabriel barbosa, januzaj

i play with 3 strikers so its not as flooded as it looks

Archived