FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

so far so good.

2.jpg

I have 96m left in TB and 1.3m in WB.

I bought Patrick Roberts 11.5 , Berahino 13.5 , Josh Murphy 10.75 and Nathan 11.25 and sold Valencia - Monaco 25m , Young - Tottenham 20m, Fletcher - WBA 6m, Carrick - Atletico 2,2m.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never posted on this forum, but have been reading it and I must say this thread has inspired me to play with Manchester United in the game. Played two seasons and here is what happened.

2014-15 SEASON

Transfers - Players | Staff

Premier League - 2nd

Table | Results 1 & 2

Capital One Cup - Winners

Results

FA Cup - Winners

Results

2015-16 SEASON

Transfers - Players 1 & 2

Community Shield - Winners

Premier League - 1st

Table | Results 1 & (http://i.imgur.com/tt6eF3k.jpg)"]2

Capital One Cup - Winners

Results

FA Cup - Winners

Results

UEFA Champions League - Winners

Results

Achievements

• Record Breaking points tally in the Premier League
  • 100 plus goal scored in the Premier League and conceded just 20
  • All 6 strikers scoring over 15 goals in all competitions and
  • Total of 8 players scoring in double figures
  • Huge wins at home especially over Bayern Munich and Barcelona
  • Done the quintuple :D

More updates coming soon.. :)

First game after the new update:

q2QOpmZ.png

Now if only Falcao and RVP would play like this irl :(

Holy crap you got a lot of nice deals there mate. I'm probably gonna have to start over with the new updated database aren't I

scott cant get over some of those transfers since patch:D great prices for the first 2, might make me re-think my all english/british team, was going to have 3 overseas players, got me thinking now ;) didnt think psg would accept as little as that, was he listed??

I am doing some editing and will start my save early next week, really want kane but see he has been rightly boosted in new DB so doubt spurs will sell, but you never know

After the latest patch I felt that my tactic had run into a brick wall so have left my 4123 behind and have settled on this

axErFTW.png?1

and it's safe to say it is producing some pretty impressive football.

r31jXJx.png?1

Right, I'm starting a new save with United after the January update. I'm setting myself a rule though, no buying the players I always buy. That means no Depay, Tielemans, Balanta, Munir. Bring it on.

I've started a new save up with MUFC with the January update. All going swimmingly well but all of a sudden Giggs tells me the squad is unhappy with my treatment of Rooney. Apparently he came to me asking for a transfer as he feels he's achieved everything he can. Thing is, he never actually came to me to talk about it and there are no conversations or emails that Rooney was unhappy and wanted to leave. It's come to the point now the squad is suffering with morale and I'm just going to have to let him go.

Anybody else have problems like this?

Started the classic mode.

Brought Balanta on the first day itself. Started with 4-1-2-1-2 diamond.

Sold Young, Flecther for good money. Anderson went for free.

The tinkering went on till November. I was 13th in the league and a or two matches away from sacking.

However, I settled for 4-3-1-2 Narrow formation.

GK

WB-CD-CD-WB

B2B-DLP-B2B

T

P-DLS

Having brought Bradley with massive wage and Romero (January) helped a lot as well as the return of Carrick and Shaw.

Converting Valencia into RB proved to be gem as he topped the assist chart.

I have used Di Maria on the left of the midfield as RPM, AP and B2B without any success. His Flair although helped in unlocking deep defense.

Given that he is generally injured, very little of problem rotating him.

Falcao played like beast being top scorer in the league and FA Cup.

In January Real Madrid bid for Van Persie, so went for Fierro. The deal did not complete.

Tottenham and Everton lead the race till December when Arsenal and Chelsea started pulling strings.

The result suffered a blip in the January but by March I was in contention of a title with 6 points separating top 6.

Got Hojberg from Bayern in April. Tried signing Pogba but the price was huge, so completed Falcao transfer instead.

By round 35, I have reached the top of the table, and with Arsenal losing in Round 37, the league was ours.

FA Cup proved to be very easy with a lot of upsets eliminating most of Premier League Teams. League Cup was tougher.

Lost to Chelsea 2-0 in the first leg, but recovered to beat Tottenham in Final.

The Youth System gave me some very nice regens in defense and with a good U18, I planed to use them.

Sold a lot of dead weight like Nani, Lingard, Hernandez, Keane, Powell, Cleverly, Henrique, Zaha, Wilson and Smalling for a very good profit.

Selling Fellani was however highly subsidized.

I was using 4-5-1 without success in new season when the game crashed beyond recovery.

*************************************************************************************************

I have now started a new save with same purchase but the tactic is not working. Lost 0-7 to Liverpool on opening day of League.

I think it is gelling problem plus it need Carrick to function.

I haven't done an update for a long while.

22 FEB 2021-PREMIERSHIP

b59xHoV.png?1

The league is more or less won and has been for a little while now but I've lost no interest in it and it is my goal to play this one save all the way through till FM16

First trophy of the season was won in August - SUPER CUP

8pMdLwu.png?1

This game was played just after the new patch and I felt that maybe my tactic was suffering as a result,Marseille had 22 shots in this game which for me was way too much and a change was needed so this

3y6iF9Q.png?1

became this

qvC4cKN.png?1

I'm very happy with it,goals going forward and strong in defence.

Club World Cup

9YYEXxn.png?1

a relatively easy win even though the final went into extra-time,we were just wasteful with all the chances in 90 minutes.

Capital One Cup

The final is 2 games away and I am expecting a tough game with Liverpool but I should be too powerful for them

1MWogrq.png?1

FA Cup

Nothing of note here ,the game against Newcastle is Premier League v Championship, I will expect to progress with ease into the next round.

wIIaTEI.png?1

Champions League

Straight forward progress through the group stage and a comfortable away win in the first knockout round.There will be harder games to come in the later rounds.

OgGEXN8.png?1

I just can't work out why I always seem to find Chelsea completely unbeatable. I beat them once in the FA Cup (just). Had them 4 days later in the league and I played it once and lost 2-1 I think and that's the save I will carry on playing with but just out of interest I rolled back and played them again with a different starting 11, lost 6-0 or something. Tried again with a more defensive tactic, lost 4-0. I even tried completely different formations and used the editor to maximise fluidity with it and tried for several hours with it going on in the background (while watching us play Arsenal in the FA Cup for real haha) and same every time. Closest I got was a 1-1 draw with an 89th minute penalty for us I think (We were awful the entire game otherwise). And it was the same story every time. Amazingly poor all over the pitch, stupid decisions and easy goals from De Gea and Valdes, stupid decisions and generally lazy defence, useless midfield and amateur attempts at finishing.

It was almost like it was decided pre-game and that there was no outcome that was with me winning. Is that how FM works or not?

Just to point out even after them beating me in that game, I'm still a point ahead and a game in hand in the league, so it's not like a league deciding game, but it would have certainly given us a bit of breathing space.

No bish, that's 100% not how it works..

You could play the game 10 times over and would probably lose it the majority of the times, but it's not decided before hand.. you would lose because of all the circumstances still being the same from the days/weeks/seasons before all coming together .. just like if you replayed games irl tbh. But of course you can change it, given the right circumstances before the game and during to change things :)

Stevemc how did you get 80m, I just started a new Man Utd save with the latest patch and only got 65m.

Decline the offer in the meeting, then they send you the options via email, select £80m/win the league as your target.

Decided to start with Utd as my first save since the January update following an unsuccessful and unfulfilling crack at managing my home town club, Bury. I'm 13 games in & currently 2nd (behind Chelsea who are absolutely rolling everybody over they've won 12 & lost one, which was to us)

IN

Jan Vertonghen £25m. Looking like a mistake. Averaging about 6.8 in the league. Not really looking good enough. Overpriced.

Dede from Cruzeiro £6.5m. An absolute steal. Daylight robbery. Picked up a few injuries though and always seems to take his time getting back to match fitness. Small niggle though for such a quality player at such a great price

Leighton Baines £23.5m. Big money, but top, top quality Highest average league score in my squad by quite some way.

Nigel De Jong £6.25m. Hasn't got going at all. Averaging less than 6.5 & currently whinging because I won't play him. Dirty too.

Dani Alves £4.6m. Even dirtier than De Jong. A card a game practically. Currently being kept out of the team on merit by Rafael.

Out

Phil Jones. Possibly a mistake, but I had more defenders than I needed & he wanted out.

The most surprising thing about my save so far (for me anyway) Rooney can barely get a game. Often not even on the bench for me. Falcao is scoring goals for fun & RVP is doing a great job when called upon. Ol' Wayne is deeply unhappy & has skipped training once or twice. Tried to cause squad unrest (which was largely alleviated by a team meeting). I had plans to sell Rooney at the end of the season to finance a move for Falcao (who is vastly overpriced, but the boy scores goals) but then the board decided to change my percentage of transfer funds made available to me from 100% to 60% so we'll just have to see what kind of transfer kitty I'm dealing with come the summer.

Really enjoying the save overall. And I may or may not have decided to dub my summer signings "The Great Wall of Manchester"... :o

2016/17 Review

Premiership – 2nd.

Frustrating and disappointing season as we failed to retain our title and win the league three times in a row. We got off to a horrible start in the league with the majority of my players exhausted after a long season followed by the European Champions and then some being called up to the Olympics. By the end of October, we were sitting around eight and about 13 points behind league leaders Chelsea. We did eventually manage to get on form although this was definitely the most competitive season I’ve had on FM to date, with us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs all competing closely with each other and we were mostly fifth for long parts of the season as everybody was only three points off each other. We probably should have won the league that being said but we had an annoying habit of giving up two goal leads and costing us two points, happened against Arsenal ( 4-4 draw after us being up 4-2), Man City (2-2 after being 2-0 up), Burnley (same as City) and a few others, remarkably though we only lost one game in the second half the season and usually 89 points would win us the league, having previously won it on 89 and 87 points in the seasons before that but Chelsea were just too good. Oh well, keeps me interested in this save so I can’t complain.

Champions League – Winners

Not sure how we pulled this off. We struggled against Zenit (same habit of dropping two goal leads) and Barca and almost ended up in the Europa League. Once we got into the Knockout rounds though, we were an entirely different team although, we beat Madrid 6-4 over two legs with the first leg having easily my best performance of this save where we should have trashed them but we hit the post five times inside twenty minutes and Iker had a blinder, second leg we went 3-0 down inside the first-half but had a fantastic comeback, scoring three late goals that would put Liverpools Istanbul comeback to shame. We outclassed Bayern and deserved to go through and probably should have done it by more but Neuer kept them in it. We destroyed the reigning European Champions PSG in both legs, winning 7-3, before meeting Napoli in the finals. We almost went 2-0 down in the opening ten minutes but they missed a penalty and we managed to comeback to win the whole thing.

Annoyed as we reached the final last year and came runners up, I wanted to win this but with Real Madrid coming up in three days, I opted to play the kids and we came up short.

Capital One Cup – Third Round Exit

We won this last season to complete a double but we crashed out in the first round, this was smack dab in the middle of our horrible opening run and with so many exhausted players, I opted to play the kids.

Nobody huge really left aside from Mata, I wasn’t looking to sell him as he was phenomenal for me in the first two seasons but with Juventus coming up in a 37.5 Million deal moving into a 45 Million deal provided he meets the clauses, it was hard for me to turn down with Mata approaching his thirties soon. In his place was Mario Gotze for 30 Million which was a bargain to me and Igor Kasunic, who I snapped up on a free transfer.

Cant decide what to do striker wise in my new save with united i have 2 ideas. 1) Keep falcao and RVP but not have youth strikers 2) Terminate falcao loan and use the money to make the rest of the team stronger and use RVP's mental stats to tutor young strikers. I would sell RVP and keep falcao but only chelsea come in for him and i dont want to sell to a rival. What do you guys think

barcawho?

24zd7ar.jpg

:)

Harry Kane is only behind Costa for goals on my save, but my scouts don't particularly rate him. And I've gone out of my way to fill my scouting team with people with good stats. Forgetting Harry Kane as an example for a minute, just in general, if you see a player in a decent league who is clearly having a great season, but your very, very good scouts don't rate him, what do you do? It's something I'm really struggling with. My scouts are supposed to be top level! Can I not trust them? If not, what's the point?!

Harry Kane is only behind Costa for goals on my save, but my scouts don't particularly rate him. And I've gone out of my way to fill my scouting team with people with good stats. Forgetting Harry Kane as an example for a minute, just in general, if you see a player in a decent league who is clearly having a great season, but your very, very good scouts don't rate him, what do you do? It's something I'm really struggling with. My scouts are supposed to be top level! Can I not trust them? If not, what's the point?!

Attributes, from what I know these scouts judge the CA of the player, but sometimes a player with high CA might have alot of it distributed in "useless" attributes so despite having a high CA they don't perform as well as a player with less CA but has it all distributed in key attributes.

Hi all,

Not playing as United, but I have the option of getting Chris Smalling for £4-6mill or Jones for around £17-20mill(They've bought Dede, Musacchio and Vertonghen).

Either deal worth it? I'm tempted by Smalling as an alternative to Mertesacker on the cheap.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Not playing as United, but I have the option of getting Chris Smalling for £4-6mill or Jones for around £17-20mill(They've bought Dede, Musacchio and Vertonghen).

Either deal worth it? I'm tempted by Smalling as an alternative to Mertesacker on the cheap.

Cheers!

Jones for 17-20 Million is a steal and very much worth, he's a great player on FM and turns into one of the best CB's in the game, along with his high determintion/influence he makes a great potential captain too.

Whats he like injury-wise Dark Demon? Scouts flagged his injury proneness as a potential concern...

To be honest, both look a steal. The players they've brought in don't seem remarkably better than what they had to hand!

Injury prone??? No problem at all in my game going into season 21/22

Whats he like injury-wise Dark Demon? Scouts flagged his injury proneness as a potential concern...

To be honest, both look a steal. The players they've brought in don't seem remarkably better than what they had to hand!

He's fine, particularly on light training. Improves a ton, is quite over-rated in FM.

Smalling is the weaker option as he's reached his cut-off age.

Archived