FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore the scouts, they are stupid half the time, I signed some top newgens from south America the scouts rared 1 star potential.

Defenders? there a few cheap ones, usual suspects in Balanta, Dede.

oh Marquinhos, can buy him for peanuts :lol:

getting through December and suddenly a load of players have some interest.. my scout has had a field day recommending Arsenals attacking force... even Ronaldo is available..

Pirlo at the grand old age of 35 is 4 and 1/2 star :lol:

and these injuries.. DDG injured for a week with a bruised rib in training from a robust challange?

he is the flaming keeper :mad:

how do you get him for 6? they wouldn't go lower then 12.

Post-January transfer update season 1 pre-season? £6.5m it was actually. That's what my scout told me I could get him for, so that's what I bid!

yea he said that for me, but they just wouldn't move off 12m, offered anything they always countered with 12

36EA7B5347180BA21211297C222EE187C7E3AF63

having to rotate due to mass injury, Falcao is steamrolling.

7DDD75D12A14FFD45F1B499634723D529036B981

this game is taking the....... DDG out for a week with injury, so mises 2 games, then before next game, this

6438AF9BE1AA6B0DB4D815306713D95718B78E1A

Just finished first season - losing only two games and accumulating 94 points but lose out on the title to Chelsea who finish on 95. Liverpool were in excess of 90 points too and scored more than 100 goals - Balotelli finished with 39 in the league!

Lost 4-3 away at Arsenal near the end of the season to a Sanchez goal in the 94th minute when down to ten men and that effectively cost me the title as my GD was better. So disappointed as the cups became a disaster - went out to Charlton on penalties in the 2nd round of the League Cup and 3-0 to Swansea in the FA Cup semi-final (that was just a day the team didn't turn up.)

Need to plan with my £40 million this season now and sell off a lot of the unhappy deadwood.

So... Did nobody buy Falcao? I'm about 12 games away from the end of my 1st season & my ideal scenario right now would be flog Rooney, buy Falcao, and either keep RVP for another year, or promote that lad that's currently on loan to Dinamo & scoring bucketloads for them. But I'm about 15m in the red right now and losing money all over the place. Also still only allowed to spend 60% of transfer revenue. So right now, the Falcao dream appears to be a distant one. Unless end of the season prize/TV money makes everything better again...

Falcao is a beast, fought his way into the first team over Rooney when he was crocked.

B78ECAACB437352D0518F72AA71BC8D8F90CCDF4

smashed 4th place Everton, with 10 men after Rooney got injured :rolleyes:

the team in second (Liverpool) drew with 5th place Chelsea... so no one moved.

8AC6971FB9AC4E9BBDB46A1FE121CE22CF611B93

89C78113F01A2EA146E3641D07BBF602EF64EFAF

FM needs to fix this... the chances of this are near impossible.

Hey guys and gals, i'm looking for help in getting my attempt at a 4-2-3-1 with the wide men as IF's to work.

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview_zpscl60xtb8.png

I've played a couple of games and just can't seem to get the players in midfield or up front to work, the IF's are just not involved, the striker is isolated and then midfielders are just not helpful.

The players in the picture are just place fillers at the moment but the guys in my team are as follows:

ST - Rooney, Van Persie, Kane, Wilson

IF - Werner (gonna use as an IF), Depay, Januzaj, Young, Mitchell, Pereira

AMC - Mata, Herrara, Powell

CM - Hughes, Fellaini, Carrick, Hou Saeter, Ajer, Cleverley (may be going)

RB/LB - Rafael, Clyne, Shaw, Garbutt

CD - Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Evans, Blackett, McNair, Thorpe

GK - De Gea, Valdes, Amos

I'm looking for help to get the team to retain possession and have a controlled approach to the game but to get the IFs involved but also have the striker as a more attacking presence than just as a link player

As you con probably tell im crap with tactics

Hey guys and gals, i'm looking for help in getting my attempt at a 4-2-3-1 with the wide men as IF's to work.

I've played a couple of games and just can't seem to get the players in midfield or up front to work, the IF's are just not involved, the striker is isolated and then midfielders are just not helpful.

The players in the picture are just place fillers at the moment but the guys in my team are as follows:

I'm looking for help to get the team to retain possession and have a controlled approach to the game but to get the IFs involved but also have the striker as a more attacking presence than just as a link player

Try changing Wilsons position to a Poacher, Fellainis to a Ball Winning Midfielder, Di Maria to Roaming midfielder (support) and Rooney to Support duty.

Only about half a dozen games left in season one now. Just been knocked out of the F.A Cup at the semi-final stage by Arsenal. We were awful and managed to get away with only losing 2-1. Thankfully, the board understood losing to Arsenal despite wanting the final. Been fairly comfortable in 2nd for most of the season, but in the next game after the F.A Cup loss, we inexplicably got battered 3-1 by Aston Villa & fell to third behind a resurgent Liverpool (Mario Buyatelly is WAY overrated in the game btw). Moral taking a bit (not that major) of a hit. two very below par performances. I fear an end of season capitulation...

can set your Fullbacks to Attack as well, given they are Fullbacks and not wing-backs you have them defending already as well as bombing forward.

I have a 4-2-3-1 setup myself for home games (ones that keep giving me these big wins) can't find the page but it shows all this stuff.

No creative roles there in midfield.CMR/DLP-D,CML-B2B,AMC/ADV PM-A. Wilson's to isolated try him on CF-A.

Your IF's are on support also?Try IF-A?

I would select roam from position in your TI's.

Thanks for the help guys, i've implemented the FB-As and the B2B, DLP-D, AP-A and the CF-A with IF-As and got a lot better play out of my team beating City and Chelsea pretty easily just gotta get the CF to finish more often

Thanks for the help guys, i've implemented the FB-As and the B2B, DLP-D, AP-A and the CF-A with IF-As and got a lot better play out of my team beating City and Chelsea pretty easily just gotta get the CF to finish more often

Try shoot less often as a PI, sounds counter intuitive but I find my strikers less inclined to shoot from anywhere.

I bought Harry Kane. Gonna use him as a Treq behind Falcao/Wilson in 4411

Fixed that.

Yeah I've decided to sell Rooney and RVP at the end of the season. They just make too so much money. RVP is always injured. Falcao's been fantastic so I'll deal with his massive wages

for a maybe 2 more seasons. After that we'll see what happens.

Hell of an offer. Genuinely unsure what to do for once. He's turned in to an unbelievable player for me, but is hard to keep happy. He's already complained about squad depth, about Bayern being interested (they weren't) and wanting to win the CL, which I promised him we'd do this season.

Edit: just noticing it's hard to see. That's £86.5m.

hIygJGy.png

Fixed that.

Yeah I've decided to sell Rooney and RVP at the end of the season. They just make too so much money. RVP is always injured. Falcao's been fantastic so I'll deal with his massive wages

for a maybe 2 more seasons. After that we'll see what happens.

I sold Rooney & RVP at the end of season one. Just not worth the massive wages & Falcao absolutely dominated my one place for a striker in the starting XI. Both RVP & Rooney went to Spurs. As good as he was for me, decided against stumping up £40m plus daft wages for Falcao. Just seemed like poor value for money for a 29 year old with a previous bad injury and not great natural fitness. Going in to season two with the returning Hernandez, Angelo Henriquez back from a loan spell at Dinamo Zagreb, and Lukaku (£30m £115k p/w 5 year deal). Much better value than Lukaku, and he scored only one less than him in the league last season.

Season two about to get underway.

Major outs -

Vertonghen. Mistake as I suspected. Vastly overpriced. Horrible waste of money. PSG

Rooney. 3rd choice all season. Two league goals & a bit-part player for me. No loss & happy to save the ridiculous wages. Spurs

Rojo. Squad player. 3rd/4th choice cb. Not somebody you particularly want earning $110k really. Asked to leave, I obliged. PSG

RVP. Getting on a bit. Spurs (he seems on a mission to make Arsenal fans hate him as much as humanly possible!)

De Jong. Just never got going for me and I still don't know why. Athletico Mineiro

Carrick after his contract ran out. Promptly retired and became Bournemouth manager

Major ins

Yann M'Vila. Just seemed like a steal at £8.5m. Expect him to be a back-up/squad/cup games player

Lukaku. £30m. Replacement for Falcao who I refuse to pay the kind of money Monaco want for him at 29.

Nicolas Otamendi. My number one summer target, Aymeric Laporte decided to go to city for exactly the same wage even though they didn't qualify for the CL, so Otamendi was my 2nd choice.

Michael Bradley. Hopefully he'll do what I was expecting De Jong to do for me last season. Nice to have the height in midfield too.

Kept hold of the returning Nani (don't particularly need him. If he works out, great. If not, I'll flog him), Hernandez, and Angelo Henruquez who I've promoted to my 1st team. Also promoted McNair after a decent year at Crystal Palace.

Very happy with my summer activity. Only one major target slipped the net. Saved a fortune on wages with the departures of Rooney, RVP, and Falcao. I just hope my entirely new strike force can get the goals required. I expect I'll have to play slightly differently with Lukaku up top than Falcao. We'll see how we go....

So I looked at my squad. Specifically my strikers. The hope was to get rid of Rooney, RVP, and (now) Falcao because they are making way way way too much money.

Unfortunately, if I were to do that, I'd be left without a proper striker as Henriquez and Wilson just aren't there yet. So I think I'll keep Rooney around for a few seasons while they develop.

I just wish he wasn't on such high wages :D

I considered signing someone like Eto'o or Klose; an older proven goalscorer who could do a job while the younger ones develop. But I figured if that was the case I might as well just keep Rooney around.

I offered Henriquez a new contract. Hopefully that keeps him from signing with Dinamo permanently.

So I looked at my squad. Specifically my strikers. The hope was to get rid of Rooney, RVP, and (now) Falcao because they are making way way way too much money.

Unfortunately, if I were to do that, I'd be left without a proper striker as Henriquez and Wilson just aren't there yet. So I think I'll keep Rooney around for a few seasons while they develop.

I just wish he wasn't on such high wages :D

I considered signing someone like Eto'o or Klose; an older proven goalscorer who could do a job while the younger ones develop. But I figured if that was the case I might as well just keep Rooney around.

I offered Henriquez a new contract. Hopefully that keeps him from signing with Dinamo permanently.

Started Henriquez upfront on his own in the first league game of the season. Starred & scored in a 4-0 win over West Ham. I reckon he's ready to play a part by season two.

Qg0XryZ.png

Just swept a strong Barca side in the 2nd season. Only one signing in my team, Marquinhos, but it was Jonny Evans who starred in the 2nd leg. I used a 352 formation but I knew right from the start that Messi was having one of those days so I dropped the third CB, Evans, to the sweeper position and set him to man mark Messi. Every time Barca put him through, Messi would stick his leg out and bring the ball down like Zidane, and then Evans would close in and take him out. It was beautiful. We actually had the better chances because I put Fellaini as one of the forwards and set him as Target Man, then instructed the wingbacks to cross to target man. Hit them on the counter more than a few times.

Archived