FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

Has anyone got a 4-2-3-1 system with 2 IF's working cause i could do with some pointers

That's how I play. Attacking wingbacks, the "2" as BWM's on defend, inside forwards, usually Mata behind the striker. Works nicely. Quite attacking with the wingbacks & IF's I guess, but those two sitting midfielders hang back to stop any breaks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started Henriquez upfront on his own in the first league game of the season. Starred & scored in a 4-0 win over West Ham. I reckon he's ready to play a part by season two.

wilson also scores plenty 1st season (for me anyway)

Yeah I'm hoping they do the same for me. So I'll keep Rooney for next season (just so there isn't too much pressure on them). I'll sell him the season after that.

That's how I play. Attacking wingbacks, the "2" as BWM's on defend, inside forwards, usually Mata behind the striker. Works nicely. Quite attacking with the wingbacks & IF's I guess, but those two sitting midfielders hang back to stop any breaks.

I play similar to this but my overall mentality is counter to balance out how aggressive the roles I've pick are.

Let Falcao and his silly wages go back to Monaco as I mentioned above. Bought Lukaku thinking he'd be a sure thing as his replacement, but I'm really struggling to integrate him into my system. I THINK the problem might be he's too static. A big lump . I play 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards. Anybody give me a hand? He was banging them in for fun for Everton last season. I'm only about half a dozen games into the season but I'm already wondering if I'll need to flog him because he's just not "right" for the system. He wins me lots of free-kicks and penalties. ATM I'm starting to feel like I've bought an overpriced Emile Heskey!

Give him longer than 6 games to get going. I resigned Ronaldo and he didn't do much at first but eventually went on to get 71 goals in a season, 41 of which in the premier league

I happily would if I felt like he was just being unlucky/underperforming because of low morale, but I honestly think it's a tactical thing.

I play 4-2-3-1 - 2 attacking wing-backs, two BWM's on defend, two inside forwards, an amc, and the striker. Falcao flourished under this system, but I just wonder if Lukaku is made as a foil for a smaller, faster strike partner? I've been trying to use him as a target man & it's changed the way we attack. We look to get the ball to him far too often, far too early so he ends up nodding it back to the midfield. Think I should try him as a poacher? I tend to feel like poachers and advanced forwards work best for lone front men usually. It would just feel like a waste of his physical presence.

It could well be that he doesn't perform as a lone striker, maybe he works best off of another striker a la heskey

That's exactly what worries me. Maybe it's a lesson in not being seduced by goals alone and finding the right guy for your system.

Still, i'm top of the league in the early going. But it's more to do with a rock solid defence & being given lots of penalties!

So Spurs might pull an Atletico Madrid and win the title first season. Meanwhile Chelsea are sitting in 5 and City are in 7th. Chelsea were sniffing around at the beginning of the season trying to tempt my players with champions league football. If they don't make it, I'm totally gonna do the same.

I've just started a game with Man Utd I've just got up to the transfer window and I have made these signings so far Tielemans, Mussacchio, Clyne, Balanta, Barbosa and Depay now I feel I am one central midfielder away from a strong strong squad!! Any one recommend someone for central midfield for me guys?!?

I've just started a game with Man Utd I've just got up to the transfer window and I have made these signings so far Tielemans, Mussacchio, Clyne, Balanta, Barbosa and Depay now I feel I am one central midfielder away from a strong strong squad!! Any one recommend someone for central midfield for me guys?!?

What role?

So Spurs might pull an Atletico Madrid and win the title first season. Meanwhile Chelsea are sitting in 5 and City are in 7th. Chelsea were sniffing around at the beginning of the season trying to tempt my players with champions league football. If they don't make it, I'm totally gonna do the same.

I almost caught them, but just ran out of time in the end. All is not lost though. Back in the champions league means my players will stop moaning about leaving. And even better. Chelsea finished 6th and City finished 9th.

Chelsea are always hovering around my players (in this game and in 14) trying to tempt my players with champions league football. Now I'm in and they're not. All I can say now is turnabout is fair play. I'm going for Hazard (he's not too happy with where they finished). And maybe Fabregas (though I really like Herrera). And maybe Zouma. See how they like it.

And Aguero aint happy with City finishing 9th so I'm poke around and see what happens.

Other than that, I have a question. How's Blind been for you guys? Do you end up replacing him and if so, how quickly and with whom?

Sidenote: I've been looking at Mikel from Chelsea as he wants to leave there (though that has nothing to do with Blind tbf).

Angelo Henriquez still giving me a goal a game! Scored against Liverpool, so they broke his arm. *mutters bad words*

He's just broken his leg during preseason in mine ffs. That and Nani already had a broken leg. Smh. Guess that means Wilson is the backup to Aguero.

After trying for most of the first season to get a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 IFs to work i settled upon this formation at the very start of the second season.

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview_zps4gaihdng.png

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview-2_zps5u2byqny.png

Its been a good change with only 3 losses all season

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zps8slbyecj.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2_zpsywxyyvx8.png

Having said that if anyone has any input on potential changes i can make feel free to say

He's amazing isn't he :) I've got him and Messi in the same team. I did a swap deal with Madrid giving them David De Gea for Ronaldo (straight swap).

Had Messi in contract negotiations at time of signing Ronaldo, but could have only afforded one of them has had already spent out on Bale too!

Messi has come up as available again, can't afford him until I get budget for next season but probably available for £85-90M - but wants £525k a week!

Who would you guys recommend as a potential signing for the right back slot? I'm early in the game and, ideally, looking for someone good enough to get in the first team and improve in to a top quality player over the next couple of years. I like to use them as WB-S, so that kind of player rather than someone super defensive.

wtf is up with your save, 101 points for the team in second?

I know, crazy! Chelsea beat me at Stamford Bridge 3-2, but managed to edge past them at Old Trafford! So won the league comfortably on goal difference.

ncwDMgw.png

Who would you guys recommend as a potential signing for the right back slot? I'm early in the game and, ideally, looking for someone good enough to get in the first team and improve in to a top quality player over the next couple of years. I like to use them as WB-S, so that kind of player rather than someone super defensive.

I bought Dani Alves. If you can live with a yellow card a game & shelling out a big wage for an aging player, top class.

Clyne has been top notch for me

What role do you play Ronaldo in?

I play a rather full on attacking 4-1(cm)-4(am)-1. First 1/3rd of the season it was a DLF(A), with aim of him scoring goals as well as bringing in the four behind him - one of which was Rooney, who I was keen to find a tune from.

Rooney got injured, as well as a couple of other smaller injuries from key players - and switched Ronaldo as an Advanced Forward, and his scoring just took right off.

Signed him with view of trying to get him to replicate his real life scoring at Real, so decided to play him up front and focus his training to poacher. But he's just been incredible. He missed a handful of games around Christmas, so I think if I'd played same system with him as Advanced Forward all season he'd got damn close to 100 goals.

Only player I've seen score this amount of goals was Adam Campbell played as poacher fully developed into best striker in the game on FM13.

Almost too easy with Ronaldo in the team. Signed him for £75M at start of second season and have played him upfront all season. Still upwards of 18 games of season left.

LNDUlyd.png

After seeing this, I figured I'd give it a try. Got him for 83 million pounds. a week before the end of the window :D:thup:

Edit: pounds not dollars. that would be wayyyyy too cheap.

Pretty happy after the end of my 3rd season. Finished first with 100 points - scored 122 goals and managed a goal difference of 103 too! Only conceded 19 and that was with giving Savic a few games in goal to test him out and he was useless!

Managed to win the FA Cup with a 5-3 win over Hull, the Charity Shield with a 4-1 win over Chelsea, the European Super Cup with a 2-1 win over Valencia and the Club World Championship.

Disappointed to lose in the last 16 of the CL to Juventus after losing 4-2 in Turin (Valdes was forced to start and was awful) and lost 3rd round of the LC to Chelsea 4-2 after being 2-0 up.

Plenty of memorable victories in the PL - 7-0 Chelsea, 9-0 Norwich, 9-1 Queens Park Rangers, 3-0 away at Chelsea and quite a few 5 and 6 goal games. 7-1 Anderlecht in CL.

Plenty of rotation to my team - up front either RVP, Fierro or Neymar. Supported by Gabriel Barbosa, Berardi, Januzai, Sisto, Mata

Pogba and Romero keep things tight in midfield with Di Maria, Barkley and Ward-Prowse on hand in needed. Defence pretty much unchanged but added Varane in January for £25 million. Balanta and Baines are only defenders added in 3 seasons.

Since I picked up Ronaldo, I decided to sell Mata to Real nonetheless.

First match of the season was an 8-1 win against Palace at home. Ronaldo's debut will be against Liverpool away. Looking forward to it :D

1st season complete had an absolute storming season winning the league cup the fa cup and the league on the final day of the season by goal difference to Chelsea!!! So thinking what to do to strengthen had a bid of £50 accepted for Bale should I go through with it!!! di Maria was fantastic as was Depay unreal talent!! I'm thinking need to strengthen the central midfield position with a big signing also any ideas?!?

Not going to renew the Falcao deal so will I need another striker to work with Rooney and RVP?!?

Decisions decisions help me out guys?!

Archived